Forum Settings
Forums

Do you have a crush or romantic interest right now?

New
Nov 3, 2019 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Do you plan to get closer to them or are you shy about it? Or if you want to tell... You can share what drew you to him/her.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 3, 2019 5:28 PM

Aug 2009
Yes, and it's you OP. You make me moister than an oyster.

Edit 11/5/19:
Well, since everyone else seems to be replying in earnest...

Yeah, kinda. She's kind of a nerd/weeb like me and we've had a couple of painting classes together. But she's unfortunately very soft-spoken to the point where I literally can't hear her most of the time due to blowing out my eardrums with metal since 2006. That, and there's an age gap. I imagine that she's in her early to mid 20's while I'm pushing 30, so there's a point where talking to her, even with platonic intent, feels like I'm subconsciously trying to lure her into a windless white van that reads "Free candy" on one of the sides. But the people the I've known that are closer to my age are asshole millennials, so, maybe hookin' up with Gen Z wouldn't be too bad of an option at this point. My rule-of-thumb age (divide your age by 2 then add 7) is 21 after all.
FacelessVixenNov 5, 2019 2:40 PM

Nov 3, 2019 5:32 PM

Feb 2019
Yes, I have, on multiple users of the forums, I won't go into names so no one gets jealous since I'm quite popular and desirable, but unlike the one above me, you're not one of them, sorry, OP.
Nov 3, 2019 5:59 PM

Feb 2018
I can't get close because i lost the basement key
Nov 3, 2019 7:03 PM
Feb 2017
If there was a scale between 1-10 on how my romantic interests are, I'd be at a 0 at the moment.
Nov 3, 2019 7:46 PM

Apr 2015
Kosmonaut said:
Yes, I have, on multiple users of the forums, I won't go into names so no one gets jealous since I'm quite popular and desirable, but unlike the one above me, you're not one of them, sorry, OP.
I am one of them and everyone else who's after my popular and desirable Kosmonaut needs to back off before I massage your face with a belt sander.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Nov 3, 2019 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
It’s been more than two years that I didn’t have love interest, not even a crush =( I’m pretty bored right now but I hope I’ll find myself romantically interested, but since I don’t go out often it’ll be hard. But when I have a love interest I tell them after a few months when I can imagine myself being with the person
Nov 3, 2019 7:56 PM

Aug 2018
No, I'm a nihilistic porcupine who suffers from the porcupine dilemma.

If I get too close to someone I prick them or get pricked. However if I have no one I feel cold so the best solution is by remaining at a little distance from one another. That way I don't get pricked but I also don't freeze to death.
<Insert clever quote>
Nov 3, 2019 8:03 PM

Aug 2014
-InfiniteLoop- said:
No, I'm a nihilistic porcupine who suffers from the porcupine dilemma.

If I get too close to someone I prick them or get pricked. However if I have no one I feel cold so the best solution is by remaining at a little distance from one another. That way I don't get pricked but I also don't freeze to death.

For some reason, this reminded me of Koyomi Araragi from Monogatari and how he used to avoid making friends because he felt it basically made him lose part of himself. It's too bad you didn't see the Kizumonogatari movie trilogy (which I think is considerably better than most of the anime series)...but wow, we have quite a few favorites in common.

Anyway, I think if you really want to be close to someone, you have to be willing to get hurt.
Nov 4, 2019 2:06 AM
Aug 2016
I have so many crushes right now I forgot how many they are. Too bad, that the 3D ones don't know about my existence, and don't live in the same country as me, or at least on the same continent. And some of the other crushes aren't even 3D. Life sucks.
Nov 4, 2019 2:09 AM

Jul 2016
I read the title as "Do you have a crush or romance internet right now?"

It's true that I want polyamory with people who are from MAL and other sites.
Nov 4, 2019 2:20 AM

Feb 2019
Cookies said:
Kosmonaut said:
I am one of them and everyone else who's after my popular and desirable Kosmonaut needs to back off before I massage your face with a belt sander.
Accept being part of my harem and things will work out. There's no need for jealousy, there's enough of me for everyone to enjoy.
Nov 4, 2019 3:18 AM

May 2014
Yeah, so many romantic interests. I actually have a reverse harem. They're all really nice guys. Too bad they're 2D :'D
Nov 4, 2019 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
Idk if that counts but I'm slightly in love with a kpop idol Min Yoongi who's very similar to my husbando Levi. But they're both out of my reach so there's no hope for me.
Nov 4, 2019 3:32 AM

Jan 2017
yeah, his name is p0ckyy
wow he is so hot
Nov 4, 2019 3:37 AM

Aug 2017
Nah, not really. I'm getting over my last romantic interest to be honest.
Nov 4, 2019 3:43 AM

Oct 2019
pretty scared of commitment honestly, made my last two relationships pretty rocky because of that ://

but no! i am no longer lonely! for recently...i have discovered...

O T O M E G A M E S
Nov 4, 2019 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
fancyjasper said:
Yeah, so many romantic interests. I actually have a reverse harem. They're all really nice guys. Too bad they're 2D :'D

character count my ass, why does this rule exist
Nov 4, 2019 3:52 AM

Mar 2014
current romantic interests including:
5 men --> 2 lil' bros, father, 2 close friends
2 women --> big sis and mother
2 bakas --> @rimanip and @karineyn
and lastly, the nature
Nov 4, 2019 3:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I wouldn't go that far, though I've kinda been flirting around a bit with this one girl lately who seems promising and showed some interest herself so we'll see if that leads anywhere
Nov 4, 2019 4:03 AM

Jul 2016
Yes, but I'm listening to Just Another Girl by the Killers as I type this so I'm legally obligated to do absolutely nothing about it. Kickass song though.
Nov 4, 2019 4:32 AM

Jan 2009
ye and usually temporary only and as always i do not do anything about it since im not even husbando material lol maybe in another world (isekai)
Nov 4, 2019 6:00 AM

Jun 2016
Yes, she's engaged to me.
Guys I think she likes me.
Nov 4, 2019 6:15 AM

Jun 2014
Not for any real person, that's for sure.

Nov 4, 2019 6:32 AM

Mar 2018
Contrary to the popular belief of how people portray me on this site I am far from being a person void of emotion. I wish to say that I'm in love or something of the sort as a way to back my saying but "unfortunately" I'm not.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 4, 2019 6:57 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Not really, I failed miserably a while ago because I was too slow and there were too many hindrances in the way so I guess it's time to move on. Having a crush while already being in a relationship isn't an easy thing to begin with.
Nov 4, 2019 9:45 AM

May 2018
Not at the moment but would love to date other weebs in my area if i see any
Nov 4, 2019 9:55 AM

Mar 2019
Kosmonaut said:
How could I ever get jealous when all the others have such bourgeois hair and aren't even part of the Nihon-Siki master race?

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 4, 2019 11:02 AM

Feb 2019
Sphinxter said:
Kosmonaut said:
How could I ever get jealous when all the others have such bourgeois hair and aren't even part of the Nihon-Siki master race?
Yes indeed, you're the best one because you don't succumb to bourgeois feelings such as jealousy.
Nov 4, 2019 11:13 AM

Aug 2012
Nope. I've had numerous "crushes" (Wouldn't call it that, I'd call it thirsting) on different individuals at different points in my life. Never acted upon it and never will. A man that succumbs to his instincts is not the person I want to be. jk nobody loves me
Nov 4, 2019 11:39 AM
May 2016
Yes. approximately 5 different people at the same time. I don't think I can get closer to any of them.

But I am desperate for anything. I am interested in nearly any girl my age.
Nov 4, 2019 12:57 PM

Mar 2008
M-maybe...I...I ..do. ....

It tends to be complicated though.
Nov 4, 2019 1:02 PM

Mar 2015
i don't have any of that for quite awhile now, i'm actually starting to wonder if there's something wrong with me?? enlighten me guys
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Nov 4, 2019 1:03 PM

Mar 2018
I've only had one real relationship (more than 2 weeks) in my life and it lasted around 8 months

Nowadays I can't seem to tell the difference between sexual desire and romance

Have to wait for the perfect one
poop
Nov 4, 2019 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
I avoid situations where I may get a crush on someone or they might get a crush on me as much as possible since I am engaged now. But I still get plenty of people watching me at the gym and had to turn down two girls at work this year and explain that I am getting married. One of them even asked me to show her my chest if you can believe it.
Nov 4, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Sphinxter said:
Yes indeed, you're the best one because you don't succumb to bourgeois feelings such as jealousy.
'Tis hard to feel jealous by being second place in the heart of a man who has such bad taste in hair and romanization schemes that he would love a man with such a bourgeois haircut or one that unironically uses Hepburn-romanization.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 4, 2019 3:45 PM

Jul 2011
Never have and never will that's the life I've chosen.

Nov 4, 2019 3:47 PM

Jun 2014
Sphinxter said:
Kosmonaut said:
'Tis hard to feel jealous by being second place in the heart of a man who has such bad taste in hair and romanization schemes that he would love a man with such a bourgeois haircut or one that unironically uses Hepburn-romanization.

Nihon-Shiki and Kunrei-Shiki suck.

Hepburn is better, because it's phonetic.

Nov 4, 2019 3:48 PM

Feb 2019
Sphinxter said:
Kosmonaut said:

How can I not have a crush on someone that presents such masterfully well-done graphic design works?

As I said before, don't worry, there's enough of me for everyone, even for clearly inferior beings. No need to attack your harem peers.
Nov 4, 2019 3:59 PM

Mar 2019
Seiya said:
Sphinxter said:

Except Hepburn isn't phonetic; that's the prætention of Hepburn; it gives a rough approximation of Japanese phonetics in the nearest English approximation as it was spoken in 1880. In 1880, the sound of "fu" was a bilabial fricative; this is a sound that is approximately in between the English "h" [glottal fricative] and "f" [labio-dental fricative]. Nowadays in the Tokyo dialect, it is mostly a labialized glottal fricative; as in pretty much the exact same sound as in "who" in most dialects of UK English.

Apart from that Hepburn isn't even consistent; if it wants to write <si> as <shi> because of the palatalization, then why doesn't it write <hi> as <hyi> instead, which undergoes the same palatalization and as a palatal fricative is pretty much realized identically as the /hj/ cluster in English "huge" or "human"; why does it write <senpai> and not <sempai> to better indicate the pronunciation?

There is no language on the planet that has orthography based on surface realization opposed to phonemic repræsentation: speakers are generally completely unaware of this and have to be explained this to spell it which is why Kunrei is taught to children as they would just get confused why they would have to spell <zi. as <ji> or <hu> as <fu>, because it sounds like the former to them, and on top of that to give an actually accurate repræsentation the language would have to be spelt in the international phonetic alphabet instead because anything with the plain Latin alphabet will just be a dull approximation.

And then finally one still has to deal with the immense amount of free variation that generally exists in languages, especially in a language with such a small phonemic inventory as Japanese. /s/ before /i/ isn't always an alveo-palatal fricative with Japanese speakers, it's often just an alveolar fricative, the same as English /s/ — Japanese speech has a lot of free variation in it so attempting to make a script based on surface-level realization is just prætentious and impossible.

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 4, 2019 4:02 PM

Jun 2014
Sphinxter said:
Seiya said:

Except Hepburn isn't phonetic; that's the prætention of Hepburn; it gives a rough approximation of Japanese phonetics in the nearest English approximation as it was spoken in 1880. In 1880, the sound of "fu" was a bilabial fricative; this is a sound that is approximately in between the English "h" [glottal fricative] and "f" [labio-dental fricative]. Nowadays in the Tokyo dialect, it is mostly a labialized glottal fricative; as in pretty much the exact same sound as in "who" in most dialects of UK English.

Apart from that Hepburn isn't even consistent; if it wants to write <si> as <shi> because of the palatalization, then why doesn't it write <hi> as <hyi> instead, which undergoes the same palatalization and as a palatal fricative is pretty much realized identically as the /hj/ cluster in English "huge" or "human"; why does it write <senpai> and not <sempai> to better indicate the pronunciation?

There is no language on the planet that has orthography based on surface realization opposed to phonemic repræsentation: speakers are generally completely unaware of this and have to be explained this to spell it which is why Kunrei is taught to children as they would just get confused why they would have to spell <zi. as <ji> or <hu> as <fu>, because it sounds like the former to them, and on top of that to give an actually accurate repræsentation the language would have to be spelt in the international phonetic alphabet instead because anything with the plain Latin alphabet will just be a dull approximation.

And then finally one still has to deal with the immense amount of free variation that generally exists in languages, especially in a language with such a small phonemic inventory as Japanese. /s/ before /i/ isn't always an alveo-palatal fricative with Japanese speakers, it's often just an alveolar fricative, the same as English /s/ — Japanese speech has a lot of free variation in it so attempting to make a script based on surface-level realization is just prætentious and impossible.

You can believe what you want to believe.

I'm not wasting my time with you. I'm blocking you now.

Nov 4, 2019 4:06 PM

May 2013
Seiya said:
Sphinxter said:

don't block him Seiya come on you guys peace on Earth yo
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 4, 2019 4:08 PM

Jun 2014
Gan_water said:
Seiya said:

I've never liked that user.

The blocking was a long time coming, and you're not going to convince me otherwise.

Nov 4, 2019 4:19 PM

Mar 2019
Gan_water said:
Seiya said:

You still love me, don't you?​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 4, 2019 5:16 PM

Jun 2019
I never had a crush on anyone but I think the girl that works at the supermarket near home is extremely hot. She wears a wedding ring, so no approaching for me.

Sphinxter said:
Kosmonaut said:

I thought what we had was special.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Nov 4, 2019 5:25 PM

May 2013
Sphinxter said:
Gan_water said:

You still love me, don't you?​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

One love brotha but no I don't know you like that lol
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 4, 2019 6:02 PM

Mar 2019
Bakchos said:
I never had a crush on anyone but I think the girl that works at the supermarket near home is extremely hot. She wears a wedding ring, so no approaching for me.
Indeed so — I too would stay clear of the crazy that actually believes in this sentimental tradition.

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 4, 2019 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
Sphinxter said:
Seiya said:

Enough of the deflection. Do you have a crush or not? Asking for a friend.
Nov 4, 2019 6:34 PM

Mar 2019
operationvalkyri said:
Sphinxter said:

Enough of the deflection. Do you have a crush or not? Asking for a friend.
I have yet to meet the man to rival my greatness, and be worthy of my love.

'Tis wonderful to be lonely at the top, whence I stare down upon the feeble masses so verily inferior.

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 4, 2019 7:20 PM

Nov 2019
I only develop feelings for 2d people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is there a cure for mental illness?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

14 by JaniSIr »»
11 minutes ago

» What is comedy for you?

TheOmnivert - Jun 13, 2020

48 by ProGoddess »»
14 minutes ago

» You been a mod or adminstrator of any website?

DesuMaiden - Apr 7

40 by ProGoddess »»
21 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

803 by SilentAssassin88 »»
23 minutes ago

» How do you deal with spam texts?

4630_Yen_Chan - 2 hours ago

5 by ProGoddess »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.