Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Nami yo Kiitekure' Gets TV Anime in April 2020

New
Oct 7, 2019 9:33 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kodansha opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Hiroaki Samura's Nami yo Kiitekure (Wave, Listen to Me!) manga on Tuesday, revealing the staff, cast, a key visual (pictured), and the first promotional video. The anime series will begin its broadcast in April 2020.

Synopsis
The stage is Sapporo, Hokkaido. One night, our heroine, Minare Koda, spills her heartbroken woes to a radio station worker she meets while out drinking one night. The next day, she hears a recording of her pitiful grumbling being played live over the air. Minare storms into the station in a rage, only to then be duped by the station director into doing an impromptu talk show explaining her harsh dialogue. With just one recording, the many eccentric facets of Minare's life begin to pull every which direction as she falls ever deeper into the world of radio. (Source: Kodansha Comics)

Staff
Director: Tatsuma Minamikawa (Fairy Tail Movie: Dragon Cry, Persona 5 the Animation episode director)
Series Composition: Shouji Yonemura (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu)
Character Design: Takumi Yokota (Mitsuboshi Colors, Pupipo!)
Sound Director: Tsuyoshi Takahashi (Shinmai Maou no Testament)
Music: Motoyoshi Iwasaki (Sora no Otoshimono)
Color Design: Hironori Noji (Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet)
Art Director: Hirofumi Sakagami (Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO)
Director of Photography: Mayuko Koike (Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai)
Editing: Yoshiaki Kimura (Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen)
Studio: Sunrise

Cast
Minare Koda: Riho Sugiyama (Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi)
Kanetsugu Matou: Shinshuu Fuji (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze)
Mizuho Nanba: Manaka Iwami (Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai)
Katsumi Kureko: Kazuhiro Yamaji (Kokkoku)
Madoka Chishiro: Sayaka Ohara (Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen)
Ryuusuke Koumoto: Kaito Ishikawa (Tokyo Ravens)
Chuuya Nakahara: Masaaki Yano (Ajin)
Makie Tachibana: Mamiko Noto (Occultic;Nine)
Yoshiki Takarada: Bin Shimada (Baki)
Mitsuo Suga: Daisuke Namikawa (Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note)

Samura began drawing the romantic drama series in July 2014, approximately 1.5 years after ending his Mugen no Juunin (Blade of the Immortal) samurai manga. Kodansha published the sixth volume on March 22.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English for digital publication in January 2017 and released the third e-book volume in April 2017. Crunchyroll also began publishing the series simultaneously in English with the Japanese release in March 2018.

Nami yo Kiitekure placed sixth in the male readers' category in the 2016 Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings and was nominated consecutively in the ninth and tenth edition of Manga Taisho awards.

PV

Official site: https://namiyo-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @namiyo_official

Source: Comic Natalie

News tip submitted by _MushiRock11_

Nami yo Kiitekure on MAL
SnowOct 8, 2019 1:08 AM

Oct 7, 2019 9:42 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty interesting PV but the Staff worries me a little in all honesty. But hopefully, my worries and fears will be for naught by the end product.

Great to see Studio Sunrise handling this though, they've been a part of some amazing series and here's to hoping this will join that illustrous list too!

Thanks for the creds, by the way!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 7, 2019 9:47 PM

Mar 2010
This looks great. Romantic drama with a strong female
Oct 7, 2019 10:12 PM

Feb 2013
I had no idea that blade of immortal and this had the same author
Oct 7, 2019 10:57 PM

Aug 2016
ost of the year so far?
:v
Oct 7, 2019 11:39 PM

Jun 2014
Finally some good fucking news, this manga is fantastic. Plus Sunrise is still pretty decent nowadays so glad to see this wasn't picked up by a shitty studio.
:3
Oct 7, 2019 11:40 PM

Feb 2012
This is pretty good, glad it got anime, can't wait.
Oct 8, 2019 2:04 AM

Mar 2015
wait, they have same author? this manga win more awards than blade of immortal, so i am more familiarize with this (not a big fans of action flick). but the fact they are same mangaka blow my mind.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 8, 2019 3:09 AM

Jun 2019
It's looks that same very garbage we've get each season. Skippppppppppppppp
Oct 8, 2019 5:05 AM

Jun 2011
Yo that trailer is kinda lit! tho what does a bear has anything to do with the series lmao

I've always liked boyish voice from female seiyuu, haven't heard a lot from Riho Sugiyama but her in the protagonist role is pretty dope so far.

.. I just hope that the romance isn't with the old dude or anyone with large age gap though..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 8, 2019 9:34 AM

Aug 2012
The PV had some good music.
Oct 8, 2019 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
The PV looks really promising. Nice to see a new manga adaptation news from the studio Sunrise. Come to think, they haven't produced much TV anime on this year :o
Oct 8, 2019 4:48 PM

Oct 2010
Its not Isekai and therefore its on my radar.
Oct 8, 2019 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
Wait. Is it possible, in my 29 years, the first time I get a normal series about the daily lives of young adult people? About ordinary normal young adult people who are not hot oneesan, cliched office lesbians or cool manly man in an action show? Maybe I already died and went to heaven?

Kuma said:
wait, they have same author? this manga win more awards than blade of immortal, so i am more familiarize with this (not a big fans of action flick). but the fact they are same mangaka blow my mind.

Many authors write everyday stories when they get tired of something epic or serious. This is a kind of rest.
RobertBobertOct 8, 2019 8:01 PM
Oct 8, 2019 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
Ride Of The Valkyries ✔
Cool Blonde ✔
Badass Seiyuu ✔
Niche Hobby/Profession ✔

*Breathes deeply~My body is ready
Oct 8, 2019 9:03 PM
Oct 2019
it's so interesting. i can't wait to watch it! 😁😁😁😁😁
Oct 9, 2019 3:32 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Wait. Is it possible, in my 29 years, the first time I get a normal series about the daily lives of young adult people? About ordinary normal young adult people who are not hot oneesan, cliched office lesbians or cool manly man in an action show? Maybe I already died and went to heaven?

read more manga bruh.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 11, 2019 5:30 PM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

read more manga bruh.

I love anime more than manga, not to mention the fact that young adult people are mostly represented in the latter either in the form of generic office yuri or a student version of generic harems.
Oct 11, 2019 7:30 PM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

read more manga bruh.

I love anime more than manga, not to mention the fact that young adult people are mostly represented in the latter either in the form of generic office yuri or a student version of generic harems.

that's because anime is mostly made for general audience because it's more pricey to made. manga has no such limitation. as long it has substantive reader, that's enough.

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
2 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
7 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
12 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.