Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 10, 2019 9:52 AM

Mar 2017
I really don't get why there are a lot of people are complaining... the animation quality is literally the same as before and the new studio have obviously chosen to start off with a filler ep as a way to remind everyone what happened at the end of the last season without it being a long, dull recap! I do have to agree though; censoring the blood is really dumb....

I thought this episode was awesome! But poor Howzer... he doesn't get any respect!
Oct 10, 2019 9:52 AM

Apr 2018
boring episode. no plot and awful animation. maybe next episodes will be better
Oct 10, 2019 10:01 AM

Apr 2015
Kiramisawa said:
How is that supposed to change the fact I stated?

If you consider this conclusion that's based on inaccuracies still a "fact" then I'm not surprised you're questioning all of this.

Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

So you're saying that somehow as soon as you saw that DEEN was doing this you had a precognition about it being made by a smaller studio and not actually Deen. That's what you're saying

No, I had this idea of waiting for the staff list and more information regarding the production before forming my expectations and jumping to a conclusion. Works quite well!
Oct 10, 2019 10:39 AM

Apr 2019
That was very bad for a first episode, from the animation to the dialogue.

I really liked the OP song but the whole sequence is just... bad. The ED is good in both parts though.
Oct 10, 2019 11:30 AM

Jan 2012
first ep was really weird
it feels like they skip plot

first there were only this boi and the demon and 5sec later the whole village is there helping him lol

same with meliodas and ban
from where came the others

Oct 10, 2019 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
I think the animation wasn't bad at all. Bare in mind Deen subcontracted the animation so at least we are saved from the trademark Deen derpyness.

Some of the action scenes seemed dumbed down in comparison to previous seasons. Not a bad start and it still feels like the same show. Can do without the white Blood and censorship.
Oct 10, 2019 12:00 PM

Apr 2015
This censorship is ridiculous, hopefully this will change with an uncensored version. Perhaps watching this needs to be put on hold till the weekend till we have an uncensored version.

Animation is different, I first noticed it in the opening, that was terrible. I actually forgot that studio Deen was doing the third season instead of A1-pictures.. Please don't become a OPM S2..
Oct 10, 2019 12:09 PM

Dec 2014
Heared about Deen working on this only 2 days ago.

I know their reputation but I didn't even put the thought in my mind that it will just get worse just because of a Studio switch.

Well... yikes...

Not interested enough to read the manga but @ the people that wanna watch the Anime, don't. Read the Manga.
Oct 10, 2019 12:16 PM
Feb 2018
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
Fakegoose said:

The TV version of season 2 wasn't censored though.

2nd season aired during the night, this is airing during the day

Season 1 had red blood and was broadcasted 17:00 JST, Season 2 had red blood and was broadcasted 06:30 JST. Season 3 is being broadcasted 17:45 JST, I doubt that 17:45 counts more as "daytime" than 17:00 so that ain't not excuse...
Oct 10, 2019 12:57 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was a mess, I'm very disappointed. I knew the animation wouldn't be great but it’s not the only problem. What is that censorship? I’ve a terrible feeling.
Oct 10, 2019 1:25 PM
Oct 10, 2019 1:41 PM

Oct 2014
A complete trainwreck in pretty much all areas only good thing is the OP and ED themes.
It's Morbin' Time!
Oct 10, 2019 1:44 PM

May 2017
I watched a version so ridiculously censored that I don't want to watch this anime anymore. And the animation it's bad.
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Oct 10, 2019 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
This was the worst episode in any anime I've seen in a while.

What's with that white blood? Horrible black censure over Meliodas' "corpse". A fucking black heart? Are you fucking kidding me?

This ep felt so wrong it made me uncomfortable. Appalling in all aspects.

Oct 10, 2019 3:01 PM
Jul 2014
vAlcatraz said:
RealHaloMC said:
It's ok. Filler to reintroduce us and then near the end it gets back onto the story. Censoring makes everything look back though, stuff looks goofy with white blood.

It's the TV version, an uncensored version should be available later afaik.

But why censor it now, in the 3rd season, when the first 2 were uncensored from beginning to end?
The white blood just immediately made me postpone this until it will be decensored
Oct 10, 2019 3:05 PM

May 2018
Buexta said:
vAlcatraz said:

It's the TV version, an uncensored version should be available later afaik.

But why censor it now, in the 3rd season, when the first 2 were uncensored from beginning to end?
The white blood just immediately made me postpone this until it will be decensored

The new studio, Studio Deen, might be a bit more strict about censorship in anime then what A1 usually do, but let's hope they will release an uncensored version in the future as soon as they can.
Oct 10, 2019 3:41 PM

Mar 2016
Fight scenes are trash, the censorship is retarded but at least the rest of the episode wasn't static images. At least the camera moves left, right, up and down. That helps a little. But even then, this "recap" episode was unnecessary. If you want to show the demon devastation on land and people then do it. Don't just stick with it a third of the way.
Oct 10, 2019 3:56 PM
Jul 2014
Rider9530 said:
Buexta said:

The new studio, Studio Deen, might be a bit more strict about censorship in anime then what A1 usually do, but let's hope they will release an uncensored version in the future as soon as they can.

But wouldn't censorship be demanded by the TV station they're partnering with on this project?
It's just dumb to go full on censoring when the first ever episode of this show was one of the bloodiest so far.
And trust me, this will ruin scenes and render them useless. Remember the heart of the demon? Welcome to SunlightTV, where we'll ruin your eyesight once and for all!
Oct 10, 2019 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
UVERworld always deliver with their opening songs.

Nice episode for most parts and it's not the production that I have an issue with, but rather the plot later down the line. As for now I'm still enjoying it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2019 4:42 PM
Oct 2019
The first episode feels SO RUSH. I don't know if they change director or something cause everything feel so off about this season from the pacing, action & art.
Oct 10, 2019 8:47 PM
Sep 2016
Honestly, I am very disappointed with this episode and return to Seven Deadly Sins. I haven't been in the news loop for the series, so I was very surprised to see such odd changes.

When I first watched the series when season 1 dropped on Netflix, the first episode just tells you theres so much exciting stuff to look forward to and how amazing this is looking to be, just so magical. Its the way it is for season 1 and season 2, even when you're rewatching it.

When I started this episode, I was very confused and shocked. One of the main things being the animation, I didn't even realize that a different studio is doing this season, I don't even know what happened. The artstyle did look a bit similar, but I was just..."dumbshocked" to see how there is now censoring in play now on things you wouldn't see censored before, with it either being blurred out on some wounds, or just this really odd choice of replacing all the blood with shiny white blood. Other than the censoring, it just feels like compared to the past seasons, the level of animation has dramatically dropped.

Then there is also how the plot is being handled. With how its being handled, it just doesn't feel very investing or interesting..just so generic. Its really hard for me to get into details of how to explain what I'm feeling and seeing, but for example when the boy goes to stop the Demon from trying to take the travelers and hits him, it all of a sudden just cuts to everyone outside of the cage, right behind the boy, with some of the villagers. What? When? How? Did I miss something? Other than this, it just does not feel exciting compared to how you would experience the previous seasons, just so generic and bland..

I'm losing the spirit to even consider watching more of this season, I just got off from re-watching the previous seasons for the a second watch after so long, and getting right to this, I feel very disappointed.
Oct 10, 2019 11:05 PM
Aug 2019
i really liked the OP i also loved the episode its sad that its filler tho oh well hopefully episode 2 will be better i hope DEEN doesn't fuck it up even more y the white blood just why its unnecessary censorship thats just my thoughts
Oct 10, 2019 11:46 PM

Jun 2013
so they censored the blood, why?
Oct 11, 2019 1:46 AM

Jan 2012
Axelucard said:
so they censored the blood, why?

tfw they censor demon blood but not human blood lmao

Oct 11, 2019 1:50 AM

Apr 2018
Uh... i see... just another tokyo ghould:RE tragedy. Shitty adaptation.
Oct 11, 2019 2:49 AM
Jun 2017
ohh its back, the 7 deadly sins is back...

and we have started with Meliodas meeting peliodas... hahahaha

lets see next episode of what will happen in this one
Oct 11, 2019 5:32 AM

May 2012
The only thing bad was the censorship

But other than that, it was decent episode. The current score is too low in my opinion, deserve more than that
Oct 11, 2019 8:40 AM

Jan 2011
Dropped trash anime time to read the manga
Oct 11, 2019 9:28 AM

Aug 2018
why is everyone bleeding cum?
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Oct 11, 2019 12:32 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty bad start.
Very boring episode, awful animation.
The only good thing is the opening.
Censorship ruined everything.
Oct 11, 2019 12:46 PM

Nov 2016
Haven't seen it yet but they really censored blood ?? Did NnT change age borders or why...it's action anime with deaths of demons/humans and others but without blood it will look like some disney channel type of sh*t where everyone thinks humans has rainbow inside of body and not blood,bones,muscles...
Oct 11, 2019 4:59 PM
Jan 2019
The new OP and animation are great 👌, there's no doubt about that, except for the damn CENSURE, it's a real hassle.
Why are Diane and King not with the rest of the sins? I don't remember anymore.
I thought Gilthunder would be named the new leader of the sacred knights, it is a surprise that Howser was.

Ps: I hope in the future an uncensored version :'v.
Oct 11, 2019 5:43 PM

Apr 2018
guizo- said:

lmao accurate af
Oct 11, 2019 7:14 PM
Jul 2019
It's not bad enough to get below a 7 but not good enough to get over an 8 it's so sad to see one of my favourite series get ruined similarly to the one punch kid
Oct 11, 2019 9:55 PM
Mar 2015
Killing demons with a smile
Oct 12, 2019 12:05 AM

Dec 2015
The white blood and black heart totally killed my hype. Not to mention the slow attacks from Ban and Meliodas, they do look like their abilities got worse, like they mentioned. I wanna call it Nanatsu no Chess.
Oct 12, 2019 1:38 AM
Aug 2015
I personally think the overall quality of the animation was good. The environments were all well animated and looked very detailed but i have to agree with everyone else that the fighting scenes were poorly executed and the censoring of all the blood really comes out of nowhere and just feels so unnecessary. If they improve the fight scenes a bit and remove the white blood this can turn out to be a good season despite the bad start.
Oct 12, 2019 2:25 AM

Oct 2014
guizo- said:

They just returned from a really messed up hentai
Oct 12, 2019 3:06 AM

Jul 2017
what a piece of garbage, guess i'll just read the manga
Oct 12, 2019 3:29 AM

Oct 2008
I was really surprised that the continuation of the 7 deadly sins is back! oh god! i was really shocked! cuz i never that that it aired this early...maybe because of all the so many shows airing I didn't even noticed this! lolz glad this is back!
5/5.

Oct 12, 2019 4:37 AM

Apr 2016
First episode made by studio Deen and the anime is already fucked up.
Congratulations!!! Another sequel destroyed after the studio changed.. The story is all over the place, the animation is so bad compared to the first 2 seasons..And WTF is with all the sperm??
I think i'll drop this and start reading the manga

Oct 12, 2019 5:16 AM

May 2018
Okay, pretty much nothing interesting happened. Don't like how the OP just reused some scene from the EP 1, but the ED was a good one. Other than ofcourse the new Boar Hat.

Oct 12, 2019 7:42 AM

Aug 2015
the only cool thing this episode was my man escanor getting a massage besides that pretty trashy episode
hopefully, they'll step up their game next week!
Oct 12, 2019 8:19 AM

Aug 2015
hiraishinx said:
Haven't seen it yet but they really censored blood ?? Did NnT change age borders or why...it's action anime with deaths of demons/humans and others but without blood it will look like some disney channel type of sh*t where everyone thinks humans has rainbow inside of body and not blood,bones,muscles...

even in Disney movies, they show actual red blood lmao so it's way worse
Oct 12, 2019 2:57 PM

Jul 2017
Idk. Since season 2, i've felt thay Nanatsu no Taizai has been going downhill imo. And this start... Wasn't really the best one to get me back into this show. And wow, the censors hurt, but still, i didn't think this episode was that horrible, it was actually kinda bearable. But i still have low expectations. We'll see how it goes.

3/5
Oct 12, 2019 7:17 PM

Apr 2018
idk if it's just me but I literally have no clue what is happening at the start of this season. Last I remember Meliodas died and revived and Escanor was fighting one of the 10 commandments for the kingdom or something like that.

Now all of a sudden the 7 deadly sins are back together and where are the 10 commandments and what are they all doing now? How are they not all over finishing off the 7 deadly sins or meliodas after his revival? Like they just sitting around and chilling? tf is going on? I feel like I missed some part or something, or is this anime just that bad at telling the story?
Oct 12, 2019 8:03 PM

Sep 2016
Initial score 6.84 wtf
It's rare for a sequel to get such low score in MAL tbh
Oct 13, 2019 12:51 AM
Dec 2018
This episode was filler but I gave the benefit of the doubt because, some anime can pull it off, My hero academia for example, but when I saw the white blood I was scared, some of the best fights will look like shit. If no uncensored version is released I highly advise you read the manga.
Oct 13, 2019 2:47 AM

May 2018
Harrisonk said:
This episode was filler but I gave the benefit of the doubt because, some anime can pull it off, My hero academia for example, but when I saw the white blood I was scared, some of the best fights will look like shit. If no uncensored version is released I highly advise you read the manga.

An uncensored version will provably come in the Blu-Ray after this season will be over.
Oct 13, 2019 3:14 AM
Apr 2018
The animation was okay/good imo, but I don´t like the censorship of the blood, but a rating of 6.8 , because of just that is a bit cruel . :c
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.