Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2019 7:49 PM

Nov 2017
Right now I feel bad for this adaptation. All the glorious fight in the manga will be ruined.
Oct 9, 2019 8:29 PM

Jul 2017
vAlcatraz said:
RealHaloMC said:
It's ok. Filler to reintroduce us and then near the end it gets back onto the story. Censoring makes everything look back though, stuff looks goofy with white blood.

It's the TV version, an uncensored version should be available later afaik.

The TV version of season 2 wasn't censored though.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Oct 9, 2019 8:58 PM

Feb 2015
Mediocre animation and bs censorship. Such a shame since this is one of more preferred shounen.
Oct 9, 2019 9:47 PM

Jul 2017
Wow that was uh... shit.

Absolute garbage.

Repulsive trash.

At least the stills look good in HD?

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Oct 9, 2019 9:58 PM

Oct 2017
Well the fight scenes were meh, aside that the episode was okay. Gd to see everyone back also that last scene with King and Diane XD.
Oct 9, 2019 10:03 PM
Apr 2019
Just watched the first episode and It was disappointing How they censored blood !! Not only that It felt very weak compare to previous seasons
Oct 9, 2019 10:06 PM

Dec 2016
The animation was OK, really disappointed about the white blood thing. I Liked the OP and especially the ED. It's sad that recently most of the great animes are changing studios...
Oct 9, 2019 10:07 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Glad to have this show back, I really missed these Characters!

Unlike most here, I found the episode to be pretty interesting and the animation not too bad, awful censorship though I've to admit (since when did demons become cockroaches xD?), so it was a fairly fun watch overall. I do hope that Studio Deen will take the more prominent action scenes for themselves and censorship improves but I really can't bet on that honestly *sigh*. Seeing the CGI Mama Pig did hurt as well too lol but it wasn't too jarring so hopefully it won't get worse as the season progresses.

Anyway, that was a sweet little moment between King and Diane in the end there. I can't wait to see more of them, lol. Howzer's appointment to the Commander, in-name albeit, sure took me by surprise, I was sure it'd be Meliodas but of course that wouldn't make sense now that I think again. Lol, the kid called himself Peliodas of the Dragon Sin but wasn't aware of the true identity of the original Sins, now that's kind of .. special, lol.

Looks like Estarossa will be waking up soon, in the meantime. Surely, things will heat up once again and I'm very much looking forward to that.

Pretty cool Op & ED themes to boot, and of course the glorious soundtrack is at the top of its mark!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 9, 2019 10:58 PM

Mar 2016
God this looks awful. Black holes of doom. Shounen is kiddy hour.
They reused about 3-4 shots by the end of the OP, starts all over the place and balances on mediocre overtone that felt like filler.
If this episode was filler it would make a ton of sense, for one I have no idea lol
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 9, 2019 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
The discontent for this premiere is overwhelming just compare the score of this with the previous seasons. If only I had another attractive trick apart from violence and action so people would stay despite the low productive values.
Oct 9, 2019 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
Well this is fucked up
Oct 9, 2019 11:44 PM

Oct 2018
i honestly looked forward to this season but first impression. awful, terrible, what the fuck even is this? shit filler with some canon aspects.

does anyone else feel like the current vas dont sound like the old ones or am i just dumb? dont get me wrong i've compared the vas already but its just kinda off to me

♔ 𝘴𝘦𝘵 © 𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘶
Oct 10, 2019 12:08 AM

Mar 2018
Here I was waiting for season 3 and not read the manga
But I guess I will now..

Rip Howzer lmao guess he's still a joke.

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 10, 2019 12:48 AM

Oct 2019
This episode gives a bad impression, a very bad one.
1- Animation is poor. If major fights got same animation, this would be a fatal mistake.
2- This censored shit, I don't know why it's done, Doesn't a 12-year old kid know what's the colour of blood?
Oct 10, 2019 1:10 AM
Jul 2016
Fakegoose said:
vAlcatraz said:

It's the TV version, an uncensored version should be available later afaik.

The TV version of season 2 wasn't censored though.

2nd season aired during the night, this is airing during the day
Oct 10, 2019 1:14 AM

Apr 2012
That was so bad that every1 died... (animation and censored blood and heart)
I will probably give it up to ep.3 and then drop it if nothing changes.
Oct 10, 2019 1:16 AM
Jul 2016
CyberHunt said:
This episode gives a bad impression, a very bad one.
1- Animation is poor. If major fights got same animation, this would be a fatal mistake.
2- This censored shit, I don't know why it's done, Doesn't a 12-year old kid know what's the colour of blood?

The censorship is not the studios fault. It's the fault of the people who wanted this to be aired during the day (most likely aniplex) and Japan has really strict censorship rules towards gore for shows that air during the day. That's why the previous seasons didn't have the censoring. They aired during the night
Oct 10, 2019 1:50 AM
Sep 2016
The censoring reminded me of that Mushishi episode where all the body fluids turn into milk.
Oct 10, 2019 2:00 AM

Nov 2013
I am very dissapointed Deen took over this. It is going to be bad. I was hyped ever since second season finished and the movie. A huge Nanatsu no Taizai fan, but this first episode was pure garbage to me. I am going to continue it nonetheless for the story but I dislike the change.

Oct 10, 2019 2:18 AM

Aug 2013
Glad I read the manga...that's all I have to say over this.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 10, 2019 2:18 AM

Jan 2014
Random anime studio: ruins another popular and loved series

Nothing much to say, characters stayed the same but it just feels like a totally new (very crappy) show. Beside censored blood did you notice how medicore font are they using for introduction? The budget for this episode was probably lower than daily wage of child labourer in Bangladesh.

Oct 10, 2019 2:19 AM

May 2019
Adapted half of Chapter 197 and the other half was adapted last season - an interesting way to do it.

As a summary episode to start the season, I don't think the narrative quality should be judged too harshly. I'm really excited for the rest of the season because the character development becomes incredible.

The Diane bath seen was a lot better in the manga, lmaooo

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 10, 2019 3:06 AM
Jul 2018
Happy for Howzer. :)

That ED is fire.
Oct 10, 2019 3:07 AM

Aug 2018
I honestly knew this was going to happen after finding out Studio DEEN took over.
Oct 10, 2019 3:32 AM

Apr 2015
Kiramisawa said:
I honestly knew this was going to happen after finding out Studio DEEN took over.

For how much you claim to know you do not seem to be aware of the fact that it's a full on outsourcing job to Marvy Jack. So that flimsy connection you're trying to make here isn't exactly working out.
Oct 10, 2019 3:37 AM

Sep 2013
Glad this is back but opening is pretty weak,sad that one of the strong point of this show is now just a preview of the episode,Uverworld did a good job tho.

The episode itself was okay,animation is clean,almost no cgi and the censor reminds me of danganronpa(the heart full black was bullshit tho).

I'm kind of annoyed the story is still around the 5 demons left,not very interesting antagonists and i hope the second half of this season will be about something else.

Seems like my love hate relation with this anime will continue.
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 10, 2019 3:38 AM

Jul 2017
New season? HELL YES!
Studio Deen? HELL NO!

I think it's safe to say that the change of studios from A-1 to Deen really shows to greatly ill effects. Even though character designs looks the same as A-1 counterparts, that's where the similarities end.

AND WHITE BLOOD. Who chose that idea in the first place (even though Season 2 had it)? One thing is that is series was shifted to daytime airing in Japan (so that's the censorship reason), but I'd think that they would have a better planning for this with how Seasons 1 and 2 went with full-on red blood (which was ideally the best).

But regardless, already disliking how this started with all the hype from the previous 2 seasons. And a 2-cour one to boot. I'm staying to see how this goes.
Oct 10, 2019 4:42 AM
May 2019
It was great,OP and End song eas good.
Oct 10, 2019 5:32 AM

Jul 2014
I'm here to watch anime, not a freaking slide show with white blood.

Awful start to this season.
Oct 10, 2019 5:36 AM

Aug 2018
Fappa said:
Kiramisawa said:

For how much you claim to know you do not seem to be aware of the fact that it's a full on outsourcing job to Marvy Jack. So that flimsy connection you're trying to make here isn't exactly working out.
How is that supposed to change the fact I stated?
Oct 10, 2019 5:44 AM
Jul 2016
Kiramisawa said:
Fappa said:

So you're saying that somehow as soon as you saw that DEEN was doing this you had a precognition about it being made by a smaller studio and not actually Deen. That's what you're saying
Oct 10, 2019 6:02 AM

Jun 2015
It felt like I was watching completely different show, it failed in every aspect, I wouldn't even mind the filler start, but this is just BAD.

Also to everyone who says Pierrot would fuck it up even more.
Have you seen last few episodes of Black Clover ? Because the animation really has stepped up and they are being consistent with it, sure it wont save the series now, because they really done fucked up in earlier arcs, but holy shit, I really do enjoy the current arc in Black Clover...

Anyway yeah, I hope that Nanatsu will get eventually better and they'll do justice to some upcomming fights.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2019 6:11 AM

Aug 2018
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
Kiramisawa said:

So you're saying that somehow as soon as you saw that DEEN was doing this you had a precognition about it being made by a smaller studio and not actually Deen. That's what you're saying
Seeing DEEN's past shounen works, I really wouldn't be surprised if this was going to change anything, even coming from a smaller studio that's probably on par with DEEN's animation anyway.
Oct 10, 2019 6:23 AM
Oct 2016
we had shit animation we had filler and toast censorship how to ruin a series 😐😐😐😐👍
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2019 6:40 AM

Jun 2017
F
Subpar animation, weird storyboarding, lazy op/ed.
This is going to be another Tokyo Ghoul:re.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Oct 10, 2019 6:50 AM

Jan 2015
I know Aniplex dropped this series because it underperformed, but did Netflix drop it as well?
that would help explain this disaster.
it also moved from MBS Prime time to TvTokyo Daytime, thats why it's censored.
chrisbjOct 10, 2019 6:54 AM
Oct 10, 2019 6:58 AM

Oct 2015
After the amount of shit i´ve seen in this episode, from white blood to bad animation, ill wait for the BDs, cuse dear god.... this year is the year of destroying good sequels (looking at OPMS2) im sad asf, meanwhile theres trash animes with trash stories getting good studios.
iTzKenzoOct 10, 2019 7:02 AM
Oct 10, 2019 7:15 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode.

The white blood definitely felt jarring, I hope it's not overly pronounced in the future.
Not much to say about this episode but the part where they played Perfect Time was good. Mostly because of the song though. XD
Oct 10, 2019 7:16 AM
Sep 2018
I came for the characters not blood
Oct 10, 2019 7:23 AM
Jul 2016
DIZZYOG said:
I came for the characters not blood

Yes! More people who understand that animation isn't everything
Oct 10, 2019 7:32 AM

Jan 2016
Dunno why this is so low scored so early on, the only bad thing was the censorship but nothing else. The animation wasn't particularly bad or anything

Lelouch0202 said:
Decent episode.

The white blood definitely felt jarring, I hope it's not overly pronounced in the future.
Not much to say about this episode but the part where they played Perfect Time was good. Mostly because of the song though. XD

Perfect time can make a bad episode good!
Oct 10, 2019 7:43 AM

Dec 2016
disappointed really
Oct 10, 2019 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
It was somehow even worse than expected.
Oct 10, 2019 8:07 AM

Mar 2017
shane_nichols said:
First episode and Deens already fucked it up. Not suprising.

Oh OH OHHHH

its a different studio no wonder it looks odd.
Oct 10, 2019 9:28 AM

Jan 2013
Ok this episode confused me. Prequel, time skip, future? I have to rewatch this fillercap.
Oct 10, 2019 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
vmeMAL said:
They ruined Mama Hawk...
She's just bad CG now...
She was my favourite charachter...

And why is the blood white now, although it was red in the flashbacks of the last season?

I thought I was going crazy when I saw the white blood lmao
Oct 10, 2019 9:32 AM

Nov 2014
You know it's gonna be as bad as previous seasons when her sleeve in OP is gone and then appears

Oct 10, 2019 9:32 AM
Jul 2016
Vooo said:
Ok this episode confused me. Prequel, time skip, future? I have to rewatch this fillercap.

Continuation? It clearly shows as a flashback the end of last season when Meliodas and Elizabeth were talking in the ruins of the Boar Hat
Oct 10, 2019 9:36 AM
Nov 2018
Does anyone know where there is a recap of season 2? I tried googling it but couldn't find anything. I only remember small bits, like the sun guy fighting the red demon, Merlin losing her body, and an endless mention of power levels.
Oct 10, 2019 9:49 AM
Jul 2016
Hegar said:
Does anyone know where there is a recap of season 2? I tried googling it but couldn't find anything. I only remember small bits, like the sun guy fighting the red demon, Merlin losing her body, and an endless mention of power levels.

It Doesn't exist pal
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.