Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun' Gets TV Anime

New
Oct 11, 2019 4:43 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Publishing label Gagaga Bunko announced a television anime adaptation of Yuuki Yaku and illustrator Fly's Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun (Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki) light novel on Friday.

Synopsis
Tomozaki is one of the best gamers in Japan, and in his opinion, the game of real life is one of the worst. No clear-cut rules for success, horribly balanced, and nothing makes sense. But then he meets a gamer who's just as good as him, and she offers to teach him a few exploits... (Source: Yen Press)

Shogakukan began publishing the romantic comedy novel through its Gagaga Bunko imprint in May 2016. The seventh volume went on sale on April 18, with the eighth volume scheduled for an October 18 release. The light novel has a cumulative 500,000 copies of its volumes in print.

Eight Chida began serializing a manga adaptation in Gangan Joker in December 2017. Square Enix shipped the second compiled volume in October 2018. The manga relaunched in the magazine on August 22.

Yen Press licensed the light novel in English last November and published the first volume on July 30. The second volume is planned for a November 19 release.

Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun placed 8th, 7th, and 3rd in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 editions of Takarajimasha's Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! rankings, respectively.

Official site: http://tomozaki-koushiki.com/

Source: LN News

Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun on MAL
VindstotOct 12, 2019 7:19 PM

Oct 11, 2019 4:45 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!X3 BEEN WAITING FOR THIS<3!!
Oct 11, 2019 4:49 AM

Nov 2018
Yo! That's harem life. I'm looking forward.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 11, 2019 4:51 AM

Jul 2015
> harem
> tsunbitch female lead

auto skip
Oct 11, 2019 5:05 AM
Oct 2019
Hyped another harem series
Oct 11, 2019 5:12 AM

Mar 2016
Yes!!! Finally something good, a beta mc learning how to become an alpha, definitely a must adaptation.
Oct 11, 2019 5:18 AM

Apr 2009
this will be the Gamers!-killer anime hehehe :D
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 11, 2019 5:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, I thought it was Irozoku Season 2 for a second given how alike the character designs look.

I’ve heard some good stuff about this series so definitely looking forward to it!

Hopefully, this will be handed to a solid staff at a good studio!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 11, 2019 5:32 AM

Mar 2012
I know it will come sooner or later.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 11, 2019 5:44 AM

Jul 2015
Maybe we will finally get the appropriate representation of the most oppressed class - gamers.
Definitely a watch, despite it looking like generic harem with a twist.

Oct 11, 2019 6:46 AM

Mar 2017
Cool. A light novel series that I really like is getting an anime adaptation.
Oct 11, 2019 7:11 AM
Feb 2019
tragedydesu said:

> tsunbitch female lead

So for you, every female lead that is a tsundere is also instantly a bitch. Not every tsundere are abusive bitches like Taiga, Kirino, etc.
Oct 11, 2019 8:07 AM

Apr 2009
i hope this anime will be better than Gamers!
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 2018
Is it me or the characters look similar to the characters from Irozuku sekai no ashita kara?

Apr 2011
This looks interesting. If it has more comedy and little to no drama, that would be great. Plus I like the art style seeing it from Irozoku.
Oct 11, 2019 8:15 AM

Apr 2015
If you would have told me that this would be a sequel to Irozoku, I would have fully believed you. The resemblance is staggering. But it's most definitely a good thing as I liked the art from Irozoku.

From the synopsis, this looks pretty interesting.. Fits right into my alley.
Oct 11, 2019 8:25 AM

Jun 2017
There is having a distinctive art style for character designs, and then there's recycling said character designs to save time. This is honestly quite sad to me, they literally took the old designs and put on different hairstyles (and not even for all of them).

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Oct 11, 2019 8:25 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Kipo0007 said:
Is it me or the characters look similar to the characters from Irozuku sekai no ashita kara?

_MushiRock11_ said:
Damn, I thought it was Irozoku Season 2 for a second given how alike the character designs look.

Yup, thought the exact same thing!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 11, 2019 9:35 AM

Mar 2014
Looks pretty interesthing.
Oct 11, 2019 10:50 AM

Feb 2013
Kipo0007 said:

Magito said:
This looks interesting. If it has more comedy and little to no drama, that would be great. Plus I like the art style seeing it from Irozoku.

CeddyyBearr said:
If you would have told me that this would be a sequel to Irozoku, I would have fully believed you. The resemblance is staggering. But it's most definitely a good thing as I liked the art from Irozoku.

From the synopsis, this looks pretty interesting.. Fits right into my alley.

Tomm01p said:
There is having a distinctive art style for character designs, and then there's recycling said character designs to save time. This is honestly quite sad to me, they literally took the old designs and put on different hairstyles (and not even for all of them).

It's similar because the Light Novel illustrator is Fly, the same person who did the original character design for the original anime Irozuku, so both anime have her artstyle adapted. Guys, it's an anime adaptation for gods sake, if something is similar, you just need to go to the original material on MAL, look for the artist and then you'll see why it is. It's basic research if you don't know the information. It's all there, 5min of looking for it if you don't know.

And the LN obviously came much before Irozuko even existed as anime.
Oct 11, 2019 11:10 AM

Jun 2017
caio_brb said:

Tomm01p said:

It's similar because the Light Novel illustrator is Fly, the same person who did the original character design for the original anime Irozuku, so both anime have her artstyle adapted. Guys, it's an anime adaptation for gods sake, if something is similar, you just need to go to the original material on MAL, look for the artist and then you'll see why it is. It's basic research if you don't know the information. It's all there, 5min of looking for it if you don't know.

And the LN obviously came much before Irozuko even existed as anime.

I used 'they' as in I didn't know the designer's gender.

I knew this was done by the same person as Iroduku, hence "there is having a distinctive artstyle" - it was pretty much a reaction to people commenting on the similarity between the designs of Iroduku and this.

But you just had to play the smart guy didn't ya.

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Oct 17, 2019 9:07 AM
Mar 2015
I really like the manga. always waiting for more chapters. I'm glad it's getting an anime.
Oct 19, 2019 1:03 PM

Feb 2015
I put the gun in my head and shot myself when I finished reading the sypnosis... 2nd try was me getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger. yeah... since when I've watched this kind of anime after Oregairu?

ohhh well, it might just be not as bad as I thought it would be but ehhh....
Nov 23, 2019 12:54 AM
Oct 2012
Just finished binge reading the official English translated 2 volumes of this series and damn, it was SO good!! Definitely hyped for this adaptation now.
Dec 12, 2019 3:29 PM
Jul 2017
yes I'm so excited for this
Feb 23, 2020 12:21 AM

Feb 2014
Chhotyu said:
Yo! That's harem life. I'm looking forward.
tragedydesu said:
> harem
> tsunbitch female lead

auto skip

Not a harem. Also, Hinami is more like a rival than MC's love interest.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
4 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.