Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 5, 2019 11:43 PM

Feb 2016
A pretty average start but It would be nice if they don't use the cliched ecchi tropes. I remember reading a few chapters of the manga a while back and it piqued my interest.
Can only hope that this doesn't turn into the generic ecchi/harem shows
Oct 5, 2019 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
Dude, this kind of sucks,

Is it true nothing but losers watch anime, I dunno lets find out by making a harem about a ugly dude who hates people being forced to live with 9 weaponized goddesses that power up by doing sexy things with him, even though he isn't interested. If it sells well, then we'll know.

I like some shit shows, but this first episodes was rough. The pacing sucked ass, the music was meh, the characters are weak... This might be one of those rare drops from me. Then again it could end up my favorite show. That's the beauty of blindly watching an anime. You don't know how you will feel in the end. Let the record show, so far I think this is just a badly done show, and fucking up the first episode is a pretty big mistake.
Oct 5, 2019 11:50 PM

Mar 2010
Insert lenny face here... Yikes there is a loli in that group
Oct 5, 2019 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
It seems TPG will be the only reason I'll give this 2 more episodes.
Oct 5, 2019 11:59 PM
Jan 2016
The static is molesting my ears. Forreal tho it hurts
Oct 6, 2019 12:32 AM

Feb 2015
What shit first episode. The MC looks and sounds like a knuckle dragger. Didn't have a clue what was going on so easy first drop of the season. The art sucked as well.
Oct 6, 2019 2:02 AM

Mar 2009
I didn't understand anything. Why is this random ecchi anime so confusing?
Oct 6, 2019 2:38 AM

Aug 2013
This was...just beyond sad tbh. Like it's not even bad because of the whole ecchi/harem status, it's bad because it's mediocrity and completely underwhelming selling point is more trash than Isuca. Someone said it best that this felt like the 4th episode of its run that ran back to what was meant to be episode 1. Why didn't we just have the first episode start with whatever happened in the flashback and then gradually introduce the girls or something? The animation was total crap obviously and I can't even begin to remotely like the character designs. I did a skim over the first chapter in the manga and the MC in the anime feels different compared to what I got out of him in the manga. Honestly, the fanservice might be the only thing to keep interest in this show going. Definitely not a good contender with the current line up of airing shows...especially when the heavy hitters start coming on next weekend. 2/5
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 6, 2019 5:17 AM
Aug 2015
exactly what i was expecting; t r a s h.
10/10 would finish this anime
Oct 6, 2019 6:09 AM

Apr 2018
Oh look it's another one of those anime where girls get powers from interacting with guys. Well, I'm intrigued by this
Oct 6, 2019 6:11 AM

Dec 2018
Haven't watched it. Is this like DxD??
Oct 6, 2019 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
this is like going back to an anime of the 2000s when the harem battle were trending, I always hated that time
Oct 6, 2019 8:59 AM
Nov 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The preair is online.

You know a show is going to be ridiculous when it starts with a dirty magazine and masochist jokes. The epsiode features pretty much Takuma and Natsuki so far. There's some other characters appearing but I guess they are going to be the most prominent pair. Looks like characters have levels too lol...
Will this show be on CR Hulu or Funimation
Oct 6, 2019 12:29 PM

Apr 2019
Couldn't resist to look into this after reading the cringy synopsis. Now that is what isekai came to, you get a ready made harem of nine as a a divine gift. Convenient. And ecchi driven by Sister New Devil mechanics sounds like a solid source of "plot".

But: Animation is slide show level, the harem stereotypes (inkludign the standard hair colors) are present, the plot was just confusing and random. Plus, obviously dentists don't exist in MC's world, he would need a checkup. I've seen enough, plonk.

Oct 6, 2019 1:55 PM

Jan 2016
This is without a doubt the dumbest anime I think I've ever seen.
Oct 6, 2019 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
that didn't feel like a first episode to me and the battle was so sudden
Oct 6, 2019 5:23 PM

Aug 2018
It literally had not a single innovative or original scene on it.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Oct 6, 2019 6:16 PM
Jan 2014
Ok a number of things, first of all was this censored? The manga show ALOT more, second what is up with the girl in the mask?
Oct 7, 2019 2:15 PM

Aug 2018
I get the general gist of it, but I almost felt lost while watching. I don't know whether it was the pacing, or information overload. But now that it's gotten all of it's story set up, hopefully the next ep won't feel as all over the place. Itsuyo best girl btw.
Oct 7, 2019 9:21 PM
Feb 2012
Hoods Entertainment doing what they do best which is making QUALITY ecchi lol
Oct 7, 2019 11:01 PM
Jun 2015
first impression when see this anime cover is "look, we have another to love ru"

well, nothing wrong with that impression but actually this series is not just about fan service. trust me, you can expect good character development in it especially when they did great job with battle scene in episode 1. but it don't let me to not worry with the rest episode because usually this kind of anime will experience quality cut from the middle until end episode

okay, despite with that point, this anime that have cliche situation have better adaptation than arifureta where val x love itself only have manga and i feel pity to arifureta writer at the same time because arifureta have light novel, web novel and manga but have poor adaptation

btw you can expect good meme material too in this anime like
other people: akuma (demon) is coming!!!
takuma: like i said before, my name is takuma not akuma!!! (his scary face come with horror nuance)

trust me, this studio really know how to express that "akuma joke", "akuma expression" and "jump out to window male character" in anime
Oct 8, 2019 12:06 AM

Feb 2012
so is this basically going to be the same as Masou Gakuen HxH?
Oct 8, 2019 4:11 AM
Feb 2009
hmm I smell a lot of tsunderes in this one
Oct 8, 2019 4:31 AM

Jan 2019
what a weird anime. starts from a normal school life, ecchi-masochist, demon dude, idol, harem and turns out to be a super powered girls fighting over giant demon with love as power source. quite same as Masou Gakuen HxH.
End me
Oct 9, 2019 9:21 AM
Jan 2019
WTF?!, This is literally the power of love. Although this kind of anime seems absurd, I will see it because the plot seems interesting to me or should I say, EXCITING? xD. Also, the animation, the opening, the ending, and the protagonist I like. The protagonist reminds me of Shinra (Enen no Shouboutai), here they also call him a demon. Is it Shinra from a parallel world? Hahaha.
Oct 10, 2019 8:00 AM
Nov 2018
These nine girls enter your house and start living in it without permission. Any questions?

"Who are you people? Where do you come from? I'm gonna call the police!"

Two of them bow to you, though.

"Yeah, okay."

Could be fun, but they could handle that part better. Say, that he rented out the rooms to these girls. But he never knew so many would move in - he rented out three empty rooms but got nine girls living in them. It could be that they made it really, really difficult for him to say no. But still that they showed up and rented the rooms in a non-invasion kind of way.
Oct 10, 2019 8:05 AM
Nov 2018
ahneeme said:
Hoods Entertainment doing what they do best which is making QUALITY ecchi lol

"This is fun, I've never been on a blind date before." Girl sips from her glass. "So, you say you make anime? That's cool! My little brother loves those. Which studio is it?"

"It's ... Hoods Entertainment."

Girl slowly puts down her glass, chair scratching against the floor as she gets up and leaves.

Guy sighs. "I'm gonna put this hopeless feeling in our next show."
Oct 10, 2019 9:25 AM

Jan 2013
im not sure if i can make it through this one - ill do my best
Oct 11, 2019 4:52 AM

Apr 2009
CHC said:
Trite and poorly produced. You could tell it's gonna be another My Sister My Writer by the OP isn't even barely animated. Probably the production disaster of this season.
more like the next Marchen Madchen where Hoods Ent. also failed it to make it great
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 12, 2019 9:03 PM

Aug 2013
Prankster_001 said:
CHC said:
Trite and poorly produced. You could tell it's gonna be another My Sister My Writer by the OP isn't even barely animated. Probably the production disaster of this season.
more like the next Marchen Madchen where Hoods Ent. also failed it to make it great

I thought the OP felt familiar somehow...
Oct 12, 2019 9:25 PM

Apr 2009
PaleBlue said:
Prankster_001 said:

I thought the OP felt familiar somehow...
well the only thing that Hoods Ent. had a little success with was Drifters but after that these 2 anime came in (Marchen Madchen and Val x Love) and those shows went into failure limbo
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 13, 2019 8:48 AM
Oct 2018
I dont like way they introduce characters. Aside that, this anime art & animation quality is not good. And opening animation is...oh no its terrible.

I dont mind generic harem or fanservice focused anime, but at least give proper animation.
Oct 14, 2019 11:17 AM

Nov 2009
Ah yes... the old classic "Profiling" shit... always hated that next to Bullying (which most times is from Profiling)

This series seems interesting, and I guess it also follows some of the past anime's "girls get power from ecchi"... (IE: Fate Stay Night the original game)

It looks like the girls pretty much follows the popular Types,

A Idol, School President, Mature, Loli, Tsundere, Tomboy, and more etc etc. (pretty much covers all the type Fetishes, lol)

Tho it looks like the LEWDEST of all girls is the Student President... she literally wants the dude's D...
amlgOct 14, 2019 11:21 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 14, 2019 8:32 PM

Dec 2015
Everything is pretty mediocre so I'll probably just wait for the uncensored version to come out (if it will ever exist) so I can at least enjoy something about this show.
Nov 12, 2019 5:39 PM
Jan 2017
Let's combine the powerful women from another world from Sekirei, the dating sim aspect from Date A Live and the ecchi moments from Hybrid × Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia. What do you get? If your answer is Val × Love, then you are correct.

Unfortunately, this show hasn't really impressed me, so far. The only reason I gave Val × Love a chance is because some of my favorite voice actresses would be voicing the Valkyries, but at this point, I should be aware that a certain voice actor's involvment in a project isn't a good indicator of that project's quality because, let's face it, Japanese voice actors will literally sign up for anything. That's just how the voice industry works in Japan.

The character designs look painfully average, the fight scene was laughable, and dear Lord in Heaven, whose bright idea was to make the main character as unattractive as possible!? Harem anime protagonists are supposed to look average, or sometimes reasonably attractive, in order to facilitate viewer immersion but there's nothing, so far, that might make viewers to want to be more like Takuma.

The show begins right in the middle of the story and we're told in flashbacks about Takuma's backstory and how he got involved with the Valkyries. If Val × Love had any respect towards coherent narrative structure, then it would have started right at the beginning, but since it begins at the middle, that means we'll have to put the story's pieces together as the show moves forwards. That's not a bad thing in and of itself, but since this is an anime adaptation of a light novel, that's not exactly a smart move if it tries to earn more fans for the source material.

Despite my reservations, I'm not ready to give up on Val × Love. If this show plays its cards right, it can become one of the finest shows of the season. Hopefully, it will be able to carry its premise, characters and themes in an enjoyable manner.
Nov 14, 2019 5:26 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly im not all that impressed. It feels like they skipped 3 episodes already we start at episode 4 which is never very promising. Not to mention its a ecchi anime thats censured so minus points for that. So far id say its slightly below average at best
Nov 20, 2019 3:05 AM

Apr 2011
Its an okay first episode. I remember reading the manga before. The MC's face doesn't bother me much. The other harems aren't that good in the looks deparment. Only the blonde and Itsuyo are only girls interesting for now. It shows plent of ecchi and fanservice to enjoy.
Nov 22, 2019 4:41 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Im just happy we still get shows like this one, even with most people(seemingly) hating on Ecchi.
Of course it could be better but I'll take what I can get.

I like it, reminds me of Masou Gakuen HxH, which I liked a lot as well.
Nov 28, 2019 5:26 AM

Feb 2018
So eroi xD, btw mc not badass xD.
Nov 28, 2019 11:02 PM
Jul 2017
So our protagonist is getting treated like crap by society and people call him a demon because he gets criticized by his looks? There, he has to look after nine beautiful sisters and they're powerful beings called Valkyries. But our main protagonist is a gentle giant.
Apr 9, 2020 1:36 AM

Jul 2015
Takuma's character really reminds me of the mc of Angel Densetsu, kind of like his character

This anime kind of reminds me of Strike the blood and Campione

The plot feels predictable but the main character feels pretty unique compared to similiar anime

Aug 14, 2020 8:40 PM

Feb 2014
Here to see tits and asses.
Oct 10, 2021 4:15 AM

Apr 2014
not a bad start, not to mention i love the fact the the mc and the same old pretty boy lol

but i'll see where things goes but so far im liking what im seeing
"one step at a time"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Why hated?

antohanxia - Dec 25, 2019

13 by HibiChika »»
Dec 8, 2023 4:34 AM

Poll: » Val x Love Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

31 by RafaBryan »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:54 AM

» Best Girl?

pastofdraw - Oct 5, 2019

13 by GOD_USOPP34 »»
May 17, 2022 8:41 PM

» Worst MC of all time

Shomix - Dec 19, 2019

4 by Hayaka147 »»
Sep 9, 2021 12:56 AM

» Season 2?

Radtoter - Sep 7, 2021

2 by Radtoter »»
Sep 7, 2021 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.