Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2019 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
The best isekai of the season for me.

I liked how MC interacted with the world and his inner dialogues.

Very chill atmosphere, felt like slice of life.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2019 7:07 PM

Sep 2016
I stumbled into the topic before watching the episode and seeing the too much fanservice comments I was already worried "what did they do now?", but well, it was just overreacting, lol.

So, only 12 episodes? Aww, this was mildly interesting to watch.
bruh
Sep 19, 2019 7:48 PM

Mar 2009
One of the two watchable isekai this season. Helps that the MC is an adult, likable, and an overall good guy. Hope he never goes down the evil Ainz Overlord route.
Sep 20, 2019 6:24 AM

Mar 2019
Just loved the last ep <3
The anime too <3
That "to be continued" in the end gave me hope for season 2 <3
I wish we get one soon <3

Sep 21, 2019 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
White Angel blushing is waifu material! plus her moans are ERO! as expected from Toyosaki Aki!
Maou gave her a Halo item! cool!
COOL! there are heroes! and looks like Kunati Hakuto know them! bwahaha! this is getting better! hope there's S2!
5/5.

Sep 22, 2019 7:48 AM
Oct 2018
Although this anime got bad animation, bu, this one unexpectedly much enjoyable than than "Mamako" anime. The joke kinda weird flex, but funnier.
Sep 23, 2019 7:42 AM

Oct 2014
It hurts me so much to see this show end. One of the better isekai I've seen. I can't deny, it is trash, the art is trash, but it's my trash. It knew how trashy it was and it didn't take itself seriously. The creator seemed to genuinely care. I liked the protagonist a lot.

7/10 - Will pick up the manga.
Sep 23, 2019 11:10 AM

Jul 2007
Dang it, didn't even feel like it was the end of the season. I want more!
Sep 23, 2019 12:02 PM

Jan 2013
LOL this was ther finale? What a great anime to pass time and think to yourself how trash this was yet oddly entertaining.
Sep 23, 2019 4:44 PM

Nov 2011
Very mediocre throughout the entire season. I felt it was just holding onto every cliche it could and wrapped itself around a typical isekai plot.

That said, it was an okay watch for just wanting to pick up something for the Summer season. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either.

5-6/10.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 24, 2019 5:42 AM

Feb 2017
they embrace how bad they are, no tryhard but the action scene is a huge let down.
also the pacing / focus / story board feel messy / forgetable at some point, the character screen time also lacking, some characters purpose little to no use.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Sep 28, 2019 5:57 PM

Jan 2016
God damn the bath scene was so fucking lewd.
Sep 29, 2019 5:54 AM
Mar 2012
Most other isekais dropped hard, so this ended up the best isekai this season. Overall Maou really carries the show, full of fun bantering characters, even a bit of character growth & nice moments, real rom in romcom, besides consistent comedy.
Pretty funny onsen misunderstood-date. White a rare type of airhead + hardhead full of landmines that had Kunai on edge was quite a sight.
Bad art was really the only issue, hope for S2 & better art.
Sep 29, 2019 7:29 AM
May 2016
Thorckan said:
Hope this ends at ep 12 instead of going for 24 episodes Im really getting tired of this
then why are you watching it. Never understand people who complain about an anime but continue to watch it. I personally would like a proper conclusion rather than what we got.
Sep 29, 2019 8:44 AM

Mar 2019
Grahamtb said:
Thorckan said:
Hope this ends at ep 12 instead of going for 24 episodes Im really getting tired of this
then why are you watching it. Never understand people who complain about an anime but continue to watch it. I personally would like a proper conclusion rather than what we got.

because it wasn't bad enough to be dropped
Oct 2, 2019 11:50 AM
Jan 2017
To be continued at the end?
..Just give me S2
Oct 6, 2019 3:34 AM

Nov 2012
really enjoyed the series. hoping for the continuation although the stakes are so low.
Oct 12, 2019 2:57 PM

Feb 2014
So, what was this all about? Creating a hospital and an 'onsen' ? The last 2 episodes good amount of fanservice but then there is a bunch of censorship... nice!

And here I was thinking Aku's green eyes had a kind of power but.... it doesn't?

Pretty average anime woudnt recommend for anyone, easy 5/10 (if it werent for some a bit funny scenes I would give less).

Oct 22, 2019 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
I think that last guy was Part of Maou-sama's work buddy in his world or something

just my Theory but I hope there's an answer to this
Nov 9, 2019 7:53 AM

Jul 2015
Even though this wasn't a highbudget anime, the fights scenes felt the worse and the story feels generic at times, it was still a pretty enjoyable watch with funny moments

We need more father daughter moments with Maou and Aku

Nov 11, 2019 2:17 AM

Dec 2012
Damn it's good solid 9/10 for me

Nov 16, 2019 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
so it ends with a cliffhanger
Nov 27, 2019 11:00 PM

Jun 2012
Loved the anime from the first eps, to bad it had such a low budget, but they made it watchable with what they had, so gratz to them.
Hope to see another season soon enough.
Jan 2, 2020 4:17 PM

Jun 2013
This was a mediocre show. The poor quality of animation and the weak plot of an overused isekai genre didn't really make it any better. Still I enjoyed the joy in the first few episodes but as the story progressed it became dull and boring. And personally I don't like Isekais that focus around city/town/empire building etc. It's supposed to be an action/adventure show and not a city building simulator.
Jan 15, 2020 7:46 AM
May 2016
I liked the show. I think most people get caught up in comparing things. If you say you would watch a second season you liked it. However those fight scenes and moves suck so bad. But the city building, characters, smooth talking parts were pretty good. Maybe a 7 or 8
Feb 1, 2020 2:15 AM

Dec 2008
Animation was too off in this and didnt look very good most times. Bland sorta low fantasy, game based isekai. Characters are pretty base and the constant reminders of characters names is an eyesore. Fairly annoying and not very interesting show. And the need to censor some parts was pointless as it lessened this show even worse. ANd only lvl 30 max? But the same old overpowered admin gamer privelages doesnt make up for the lameness here. This show went nowhere and was too generic and lame ot even risk showing some tits. *smfh * 4/10 show
Feb 9, 2020 10:02 AM

Sep 2011
AnchientProphet2 said:
Animation was too off in this and didnt look very good most times. Bland sorta low fantasy, game based isekai. Characters are pretty base and the constant reminders of characters names is an eyesore. Fairly annoying and not very interesting show. And the need to censor some parts was pointless as it lessened this show even worse. ANd only lvl 30 max? But the same old overpowered admin gamer privelages doesnt make up for the lameness here. This show went nowhere and was too generic and lame ot even risk showing some tits. *smfh * 4/10 show

You've summed up my feelings as well. There are quite a few issues with this series and quite a few animation issues that were not fixed in the BDs.

Character-wise, it is always refreshing to have an isekai with an older person instead of a teen. As I approach 30 I find it way more entertaining to see how somebody my age who isn't a dumb sack of bricks and who isn't super horny would tackle the situation they are in. Unfortunately that is probably the only positive thing I can say about the characters. The 2 younger sisters are obnoxious and the older one is dull. Aku was adorable in a way, but I felt like it really destroyed a defining characteristic when they cured her leg.

Animation-wise, there were moments where you could tell it was either rushed or outsourced. Even in the BDs, look no further than in the previous episode when they are sitting at the inn table. The view from above is absolutely atrocious. The perspective is all off, and it looks like they are standing under the table instead of sitting on a bench. The spells were also rather uninspired as well.

Story-wise, I have nothing much to say. One thing that did irritate me all the way through the series was that it was said that only level 30s could break through his shield. While he does say that magic may not be blocked by the shield, he also says that Luna must either be max level or have a max level attack. In the commercial cards, however, it says she is less than level 20. This really makes no sense, and even if it can be explained away by the use of legendary items I have never seen a game where characters critical to the plot are less than level cap and can make use of legendary items. In addition, it doesn't make any sense that he would have to get points to unlock admin privileges. That's not how games work. You either have it or you don't, and unlocking those permissions through gameplay is a serious security issue.

In response to the "only level 30" comment, that isn't that big of a deal. Without knowing anything about the game itself, let's look at this like the core game wasn't successful and they had to close the servers before they could release any expansions to increase the level cap. Of all the things this series expects us to believe, having a level 30 cap is at the very bottom of the list of things that are hard to swallow.
Feb 19, 2020 7:22 AM

Dec 2008
Shirasho said:
AnchientProphet2 said:

You've summed up my feelings as well. There are quite a few issues with this series and quite a few animation issues that were not fixed in the BDs.

Character-wise, it is always refreshing to have an isekai with an older person instead of a teen. As I approach 30 I find it way more entertaining to see how somebody my age who isn't a dumb sack of bricks and who isn't super horny would tackle the situation they are in. Unfortunately that is probably the only positive thing I can say about the characters. The 2 younger sisters are obnoxious and the older one is dull. Aku was adorable in a way, but I felt like it really destroyed a defining characteristic when they cured her leg.

Animation-wise, there were moments where you could tell it was either rushed or outsourced. Even in the BDs, look no further than in the previous episode when they are sitting at the inn table. The view from above is absolutely atrocious. The perspective is all off, and it looks like they are standing under the table instead of sitting on a bench. The spells were also rather uninspired as well.

Story-wise, I have nothing much to say. One thing that did irritate me all the way through the series was that it was said that only level 30s could break through his shield. While he does say that magic may not be blocked by the shield, he also says that Luna must either be max level or have a max level attack. In the commercial cards, however, it says she is less than level 20. This really makes no sense, and even if it can be explained away by the use of legendary items I have never seen a game where characters critical to the plot are less than level cap and can make use of legendary items. In addition, it doesn't make any sense that he would have to get points to unlock admin privileges. That's not how games work. You either have it or you don't, and unlocking those permissions through gameplay is a serious security issue.

In response to the "only level 30" comment, that isn't that big of a deal. Without knowing anything about the game itself, let's look at this like the core game wasn't successful and they had to close the servers before they could release any expansions to increase the level cap. Of all the things this series expects us to believe, having a level 30 cap is at the very bottom of the list of things that are hard to swallow.

True it is nice to see an isekai with somebody thats not some dumb, beta teen. Japan needs to stop making main characters like that pitiful stereotype if ever they want to elevate their young men into dreaming of being more than they could be. Still, I was disappointed with the show. Oh well. lol
Feb 19, 2020 4:57 PM
Mar 2018
This show had it's fair share of fanservice. Including this episode. But it also had moments of clear, almost deep politics of the world and the anime japan every isekai character comes from. And even though he builds up a harem and kinda a family with Aku, it never went to only just fanservice, but rather accidental fanservice. Plus we have a best boy/girl with Yukikaze. Makes you hope for more, even though our Demon Lord will probably fight that cancer in the second season for always smoking. That cliffhanger tho... who was this Otamega?
7-8/10
Feb 24, 2020 1:53 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
dammit.. ended up binge watching it.. tomorrow gotta go to work and thus I have only 4 hours to sleep.

Anyways... very enjoyable Anime. Hope for sequel.
Mar 2, 2020 12:18 PM
Nov 2013
Pros: Most Dialogue / Second Season Set-up

Cons: Lazy Animation / Creativity (He is hella weak for a "Demon Lord")

Overall its alright to kill time with.
Apr 23, 2020 3:26 PM
Dec 2015
This is the fourth anime I watched so far for the Summer 2019 season and this is the worst no doubt.

Story: boring
Animations: non-existent
Draws: poors
Characters: copy-pasted from Overlord
Soundtrack: Few tracks and that flute was annoying

Overall, I think Okaasan Online, Isekai Cheat and Arifureta Shokugyou were much better than this even if they have a lower score. I seriously have no idea what you guys found funny, interesting or quality about this show.
AliouneApr 23, 2020 3:31 PM
May 18, 2020 4:24 PM

Oct 2019
I believe this show is missing comedy tag. Despite average (or bad) animation, this show is actually quite fun that got me some good laugh. Also it's a nice addition to see mc that looks like mafia boss on isekai genre instead of average-mob-looking-mc.

7/10
andrearionaMay 19, 2020 5:37 PM
Jun 2, 2020 1:05 PM

May 2020
Pure kanojo dreamin' girl. Well I guess this anime focus on comedy, adventure, or fantasy. Still have fun in this anime also BGM is really quite different with the other anime. Overall this is worth to watch if you are looking for comedy and isekai.
Jul 13, 2020 9:00 PM

May 2012
While I really like Isekai anime, this one just felt too generic and plain to even boring which is sad as last season there were such amazing Isekai anime, even one of the best I've seen since ever.

But well not all anime with that genre can be the same quality, it was still a nice watch buit nothing more than that.
Oct 31, 2020 3:44 AM

Aug 2017
Surprisingly there was no final battle in the last episode. It was basically Angel White realizing that Hakuto is not evil. Not bad, not bad, kinda weird event to finish the anime lol.

Overall, Maou Sama, Retry! does not have good animation and it is better when battles are not present. Comedy can be funny at times. Also, this anime is hinting a season 2 but by the time i'm writing this comment, I doubt it.

-Not so good as the first season of Arifureta.
-Better than the mom isekai at least.
-Probably better than Cheat Magician, an anime I have to finish.

5/10 for the anime.
NurguburuOct 31, 2020 3:49 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 15, 2021 4:53 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
EPIC KUNAI HAKUTO BOSS IS BOSS !!! Luna and Angel <33333333333 Their designs and character are 10/10 Anime is 10/10
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 24, 2021 7:35 AM

Sep 2012
Kunai And angel Path scene lol
Mar 31, 2021 5:31 AM

Oct 2020
I think this is the golden episode for Kunai, I mean he was so smooth with that Angel White girl, He slept with 3 different waifus.

For me its an 6/10, Its not bad nor good just "ok"
Apr 6, 2021 10:11 PM

Mar 2010
lol. My man seduced another one. I almost dropped it in the beginning but started to enjoy it after trucking through another episode.
Apr 14, 2021 9:49 PM
Dec 2020
ehe. ahahahhahaha *cough*. 'twas good.
Apr 25, 2021 2:08 PM

May 2015
Wait, I never noticed that to be continued at the end before. Are they planning to continue this series? Very unlikely based on its reception but it would nice if they did.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 30, 2021 9:00 PM
Jul 2017
Seeing the end of the episode means there's gonna be a season two.
Jul 20, 2021 8:38 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not gonna lie, I liked this a lot and I wish there was more.
Jun 10, 2022 8:39 PM

Mar 2016
Tsuda Kenjirou-san carried this anime completely
7/10

Aug 11, 2022 6:57 AM
Aug 2022
The mc is like ainz, and the story needs a season 2, overall one of my favourites
Mar 21, 6:52 AM
Feb 2014
Anime Maou-sama, Retry! it's over and it ends very well. This anime teaches a lot about managing an organization and how to make it a big organization one day. This anime is very interesting and makes me always look forward to the next story from this anime.

I hope this anime gets a new season.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Season 2 when?

Iroha_Pixie - May 18, 2021

31 by Allsaints112 »»
Feb 6, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2019

53 by GabaGej »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

87 by icegodz12 »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

130 by iSoulend »»
Jan 10, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

61 by Muow »»
Oct 29, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.