Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 16, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I almost forgot how badass Tilarna can be in this show.

It looks like the show is getting back its more serious tone after the shooting at the speech. No one is really safe in the city...
Sep 16, 2019 8:59 AM
Dec 2017
It happened again - feels like this episode was slapped together in the last few days. Especially first half of it - talking animations (longer than the actual voice lines), direction (characters swapping positions in the fight), etc.
Sep 16, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
And another politician got killed in this show.

Sep 16, 2019 11:16 AM

Nov 2010
The quality dipped again ... and here I was hoping we got over that and the break for the recap helped somewhat, seems I was wrong.
Episode 2-3 were still much worse and the content of this episode was quite interesting.
We got politicians abusing racism and false flag operations to shape public opinion and another case of semanians and humans working together, mixing technologies similar to the bomb case.
This is getting quite interesting in terms of story and world and the characters are still compelling, if just the audiovisual experience could catch up to the material...
Sep 16, 2019 11:16 AM

Mar 2018
Oh well, Moseleemay got what he deserved.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 16, 2019 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
with two episodes left...I am a bit excited
Sep 16, 2019 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
Good episode. I do wish a more compitant studio was making this, some of the action scenes don't flow as the should because of animation short cuts. That said the story is very relevant and interesting. I've very much enjoyed the characters and story so far.
Sep 16, 2019 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
holy moly did this dipped bad...still shots, janky movements, etc etc. shame bc the story is actually decent and the character interactions are good too
Sep 16, 2019 12:01 PM

Mar 2016
Agree with most of what's been said. This would be so good if handled by a studio that actually cares...

Calling it now: Mozeleemay's wife is planning to step up as a candidate in her dead husband's place (either that or she has someone else in mind to replace her husband), and set up the shootings to frame the other candidate and turn votes in her favor.
Sep 16, 2019 12:23 PM

Jul 2019
Storywise? Hell yes! But the production quality really dropped. What a shame.
SeygneurSep 16, 2019 1:12 PM
Sep 16, 2019 12:44 PM

Jun 2017
Kei always stopping Tilarna at the best part. "Don't kill him!" *dude literally dies 30 seconds later anyway*

Also, Kei is a dick for crashing that car and not apologizing to the owner lol.
Sep 16, 2019 1:11 PM
May 2019
The story gets better and animation quality gets worse. I hope they'll fix it on Blu-Ray tho. Anyway, I think I'll try to read LN when anime ends.

Oh, and calling it: Zelada works together with Mozeleemay's wife. First arc showed us that he is indeed villain but he can't do anything by himself and needs someone who will guide him.
Sep 16, 2019 2:30 PM
Mar 2015
Gp home ET Go home Sounds like a conspracy
Sep 16, 2019 2:51 PM

May 2015
As much as I like this show the animation quality in this episode was absolutely dreadful. Guess Millepensee remembered who they were. That being said this is still my favorite new show this season, shame a better studio wasn't able to pick it up.
Sep 16, 2019 3:20 PM

Apr 2012
Ah, back on a budget it seems, probably saving up for the finale though, so that's good.

New magic plot is alright, are there even any laghe on Earth?
EratiKSep 16, 2019 3:33 PM
Sep 16, 2019 3:45 PM

Nov 2013
what was the probability of Kei not destroying the car? :V

damn, the people they fight are a little too resistant, and ofc the boss who probably never did any fight like that "oh if you cornered him better"

also, 2 out of 3 candidates are dead? isn't that a little too easy? lmao

Tilarna best girl of the season? <3
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 16, 2019 4:03 PM

Jul 2017
oof, at least in the night you can hide the bad animation with the darkness

That special steel is pretty deadly ngl. Considering they don't have any normal detectors for it, smuggling weapons is easy as shit
Sep 16, 2019 6:03 PM

Jul 2017
Story is getting better in arcs, while Millepensee's animation quality is getting worse with still frames and background low-quality shots. Looks like the recap is there to slow things down instead.

This time, following Episode 9's political assassination and Mozeleemay only adding into the foray.

Seems like Zelada's back to thwart more trouble...? Or is there a much more sinister plot? At this point, Kei and Tilarna have pretty much a lead, but with Earthlings interfering, they cannot reveal a lot of information to the public.

So, back to the drawing board with Tilarna's world's exposition on weapon forging with steel, but it's unlike the steel of Earth.

Hah, I almost forgotten that Kei wrecked the three-wheeler, seems that he's pretty mad, but Kei shrugged it off like it's nothing.

The purge between humans and aliens is deafening to say the least, at least due in part of what has happened so far. If this serves as the finale arc, I really hope to see some resolution.
Sep 16, 2019 6:25 PM
Jan 2019
They allegedly eliminated the main suspect, although we all know that Marla, the calculating wife, is one of the main leaders behind the murder crimes. And to think that the enemy is from both sides, human and semanians.

Hahaha, it made me laugh when Kei made a joke about Tilarna's heavy suit 😂.
Sep 16, 2019 7:48 PM

Feb 2015
Budget has gone to shit, shame, this could have been half decent otherwise.
Sep 16, 2019 7:51 PM

Jan 2018

who is the first girl in your picture?
Sep 16, 2019 11:48 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was kinda good story wise ngl, but the lip syncing felt so off. Hope they give us something special for the last 2 episodes.

Sep 17, 2019 12:24 AM

Dec 2015
Okay let's be real here, this show is trying to tell us that we are supposed to sympathize with the semanians and it's supposedly racist to call them aliens, but in reality that's what they truly are and they suddenly invaded earth. Why wouldn't earthlings be mad that all these aliens just invaded and everything is chaotic. If earthlings were allowed to flow into semanian territory freely then that would be one thing, but they established pretty early on that nobody is allowed to do that. Sound like bullshit to me, and I can sympathize with the "ET go home" chants at the end.
Sep 17, 2019 2:48 AM
Apr 2016
The story is very tasty but the animation man... almost tired to catch up the pace.... keep doing your best Milliepense....

P.S. I hope they make english translation for the LN
Sep 17, 2019 4:21 AM

Nov 2013
abyss_will said:

who is the first girl in your picture?

mii-senpai from re:stage
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 17, 2019 9:42 AM

May 2012
I'm not too sensitive to animation and most of the time I can't tell the difference. JC staff anime looks fine to me

But this one looked so bad. Even I was able to see that. I usually don't care about it if the flaws in animation is not too obvious, but even blind person can see how bad this one is. The obvious cuts and frame skipping in the fight are easy to see

Story is great though and I still enjoyed it. But I just hope the next two episode animation is not as bad as this.
Sep 17, 2019 9:57 AM

Sep 2017
Oof. The production is so bad. I'm not surprised after having an impromptu recap like that. This studio must be in a mess. For the most part the story is interesting so it really sucks. Oh well. I gotta wonder tho how tf do Earth homies know so little about the Semanians. I mean they've been living together for years now right? How come no one knows about this type of steel? The MC literally wear it every day. It's hard to think the humans would be this ignorant.
Sep 17, 2019 1:54 PM

Dec 2016
ProofByColor said:
Oof. The production is so bad. I'm not surprised after having an impromptu recap like that. This studio must be in a mess. For the most part the story is interesting so it really sucks. Oh well. I gotta wonder tho how tf do Earth homies know so little about the Semanians. I mean they've been living together for years now right? How come no one knows about this type of steel? The MC literally wear it every day. It's hard to think the humans would be this ignorant.

maybe it is keeping a secret? like this semanians steel could have big effect on earth economy.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 17, 2019 2:11 PM

Jan 2018
ProofByColor said:
Oof. The production is so bad. I'm not surprised after having an impromptu recap like that. This studio must be in a mess. .

My memory is not the best after a decade of weed and alcohol abuse but what recap are you talking about?
Sep 17, 2019 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
abyss_will said:
My memory is not the best after a decade of weed and alcohol abuse but what recap are you talking about?
Last week was a recap episode.
Sep 17, 2019 9:20 PM

Jan 2018
EratiK said:
Last week was a recap episode.

oh, the page where I watch anime didnt upload the episode 9.5, and also I can´t find it listed on mal. I just thought they took a week off due to the thyphoon in japan like some other series did
Sep 17, 2019 11:39 PM

Jul 2016
Well, it seems last week's recap was used to gain some time. Though being honest, it didn't do much for this episode in the end.
Sad to see the animation dropping in such significant way. If only a more competent studio would have been chosen for this project...

Anyways, leaving terrible animation (or lack of it?) aside, it was another entertaining episode. I'm really invested in this case so far so I hope the conclusion of this arc can match my expectations.
Sep 18, 2019 12:28 AM

Oct 2017
I wonder if Mozelemes wife is working with Troute and killed both his husband and the other party leader.
Sep 18, 2019 1:03 AM

Nov 2014
I think the animators did a pretty good job for animating at time of broadcast, must have been hell on their wrists to keep up.
Sep 18, 2019 12:03 PM

Dec 2016
the animation yikes
Sep 18, 2019 1:32 PM

Nov 2017
Hylianticipated said:
Okay let's be real here, this show is trying to tell us that we are supposed to sympathize with the semanians and it's supposedly racist to call them aliens, but in reality that's what they truly are and they suddenly invaded earth. Why wouldn't earthlings be mad that all these aliens just invaded and everything is chaotic. If earthlings were allowed to flow into semanian territory freely then that would be one thing, but they established pretty early on that nobody is allowed to do that. Sound like bullshit to me, and I can sympathize with the "ET go home" chants at the end.
I agree to an extent. There is a pro immigrant political message in here which is good, and the last ep was pretty good with the take down of that racist cop. But at the same time they haven't really shown the Tourte side that well. If aliens came over, and were causing issues people would be right to be pissed. If aliens hated the earth they could leave if they wanted. The animation was trash, the world building is shoddy, and they don't bring enough depth to get into political issues. Disappointed in this series especially coming from the creator of Full Metal Panic.
Revy13_Sep 18, 2019 1:38 PM
Sep 19, 2019 5:41 AM

Jan 2016
Honestly, this anime would've been an easy 8 if only the budget wasn't on a highschoolers part-time job pay.

Sep 19, 2019 2:41 PM

Sep 2017
Tilarna just saved the episode yet that was it. i didn't enjoy this episode that much and the animation needs improvement. let's see what happens in the next episode!
Sep 21, 2019 3:17 AM

Oct 2008
oh god what happened with the animation!?!?! looks like abomination...
matias067Sep 21, 2019 4:42 AM

Sep 21, 2019 3:07 PM
Apr 2016
this episode was animated by two years old :/
Sep 21, 2019 7:20 PM

Mar 2010
Lol anyone else notice kei having gloves then the next moment he doesnt

Sep 22, 2019 11:35 AM

Jan 2017
This my biggest disappointed of this year so far and we had also OPM S2 this year :(

After the first 3 episodes I was really hoping for something darker and mature with quite a good animation/art style. But ooooh boy it's getting lower and lower witch each episode even with a recap in the middle of 12 episodes show...
Sep 23, 2019 5:55 AM

Sep 2019
Loved how Tilarna was like "who is this guy?" when Kei was actually reacting super fast by finding the guy with camera tech.

And while I'm still enjoying the characters, story, and the whole "buddy cop" feel of the show, man, only if they took a little longer to gain better animation. If they did, I'm sure it would be rated higher for a lot of people. Then again, you never know if the company or that are blue-balling the animators.

At least Tilarna is still adorable. (And that one swimsuit scene is burnt into my head)
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Sep 23, 2019 8:13 AM
Ice Queen

May 2014
WHAT is going on with the animation in this episode. The mouth flapping is bonkers and half of each scene consists of frozen non-animated images. The assassin flies 50 m in one second, jumpkicks a kid, and Kei drives a backwards penis car. Wow.

I feel bad for the studio though, the animators must be overworked.

Having reached episode 10, the plot is way less complex than I hoped going into this series, and it feels like a lot of the world has not been explored. I'm sad we don't get to see Tilarna's world at all. We haven't really delved deep enough into characters' backgrounds and motivations either, or the potential complexities of the current plot line. Even so, I'm still curious and will watch till the end to see what happens. (Mozeleemay's wife has to be behind this political tension, right?)
Sep 24, 2019 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
Did anyone else notice they fixed/added more visuals to the OP or is it just me? It's more fluid and less janky?
Sep 24, 2019 10:40 PM

Jun 2015
@Celine3107 The novel is ongoing, so there's presumably a whole lot more to cover with the story than what this show has given us.

@lilramune Yup, I noticed as well. There's many neon effects on the credits and some additions made with those back-to-back scenes with Kei freaking out in the car and those big fingers pressing down on the buildings. I'm willing to bet the team used the time allowed by the recap to make these changes.

Though I think everyone would prefer it if they spent that extra time on the episode instead...
Sep 25, 2019 5:13 AM

Dec 2009
As usual they got an intelligent audio designer, but their animators are either bad or being managed extremely poorly...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 30, 2019 11:40 PM
May 2017
Watched Funimation's English dub of this episode and it's so much better synced than the Japanese lol
Oct 1, 2019 7:47 PM
Mar 2017
The death of Kahns has provoked a wave of protests and violence in the city, hatred grows little by little and the worst thing is that Kei and Tilarna must visit those responsible for Zoey's death, the Mozeleemay.

Coal Mozeleemay is dead, despite the fact that he was Marla's puppet, yet I'm very glad that he's feeding worms with his miserable corpse, but even so when Marla mentions that they were looking for a way to give a favorable return to his political career, I came to think that she would kill Coal and Marla would take the place of her late husband.

Kei surprised me with the speed with which he identified the murderer and the persecution was quite good, Tilarna is already an expert who is able to face this murderer, but on the side of Kei it was quite funny as he followed the fight in that small car.
Although they were able to kill the murderer with many difficulties, they could not investigate much due to the strange appearance of the FBI, a coincidence that made me very suspicious, especially that agent who was arrogant with both, even though the murderer knew magic and swordsmanship of the Semanis and also the murder weapon was made of a magical steel.
The atmosphere becomes more hostile in the streets due to the death of another candidate for mayor and Tilarna feels affected by the discontent and racism to her people.
Oct 10, 2019 9:07 AM
Jan 2018
still don't see how this is a budget issue , if anything its a schedule/production issue ,

if it was a budget issue then they wouldn't be able to do 12 episodes this is a staff issue
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

109 by Dawizz »»
Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

75 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

50 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2019

73 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

49 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 17, 2023 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.