Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 25, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Latina going to school! This episode opened more opportunities for her to make more friends but also more drama too.

That classroom scene with the teacher and her was kinda scary tbh. Good thing Latina's classmates stood up for her. Quite a bit of emotions poured into this episode. Latina showed a lot of human personality and it's kinda sad to watch. That psycho instructor at their school pissed me off.
Stark700Jul 25, 2019 9:28 AM
Jul 25, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
Dale can be scary at times. Good thing that horrible school teacher got kicked out. She deserved it.

Jul 25, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2012
That fucking bitch, look what she's done to Latina! I'm glad it went okay, but i get the feeling that the drama ain't over yet...
Jul 25, 2019 9:52 AM
Sep 2017
Noooo, not the horn. *sad face*
Jul 25, 2019 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
MrAwesome2018 said:
That fucking bitch, look what she's done to Latina! I'm glad it went okay, but i get the feeling that the drama ain't over yet...

Pretty sure ms evil ain't coming back
Jul 25, 2019 10:23 AM

Aug 2012
They skipped a lot of important content. Not sure why they rush, the manga is not even finished. The school teacher was a substitute for their regular teacher and there was an entire section about how the rainbow means the same thing for all races and how Latina was born under the protection of the rainbow. This is repeated ad nauseam in the source material but here is skipped. Then there is the whole thing about how magic attributes work and what attributes Dale has and what attributes Latina has. And there was the whole thing on how demon food is tasteless and how everyone except her parents told her she was bad before she met Dale. Not sure why they rush.

Tatsuya in the original Dale states he is high priest of the temple mentioned and uses his status to intimidate. Also he does not request the highest punishment rather than that that she does not teach anymore.
Jul 25, 2019 10:24 AM

Feb 2007
This sure skipped a lot of the story, everything with their first teacher just disappeared... Disappointing, although at least this part is now over, and we got to see Dale show his authority to protect Latina, as well as her friends stick up for her.
Jul 25, 2019 10:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Latina’s singing was cho-very kawai~
Lol @ Dale’s immediate comment though, I, for sure, thought she’d have the innate talent to sing too.

Lots of Emotions this episode. I knew there was something wrong that homeroom teacher from the very start and she totally went off far exceeding that! Yikes, that was really hard to watch. On a bad day, everything just goes wrong really. If only Dale came back earlier, perhaps it wouldn’t have gotten so serious but I suppose that’s just how life rolls. Dale taking matters into his hands and threatening the Principal later there was great to see, I don’t get how one would even think of defending against such an atrocious behaviour despite whatever she’s been through. Seeing the kids step up for Latina was really nice to see too! She’s got some wonderful classmates, that Western District girl paving way for the others to ruin the class too was nice to see! And then Dale’s encouragement to Latina was sweet! I wonder if that ageing bit is really true though because that’s just too sad, those shots of the bar in tatters was heartbreaking.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 25, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
I wonder if there is a devil out there that hates humans as much as that teacher hates devils, because Dale murdered their parents.
Jul 25, 2019 10:39 AM

Aug 2018
Ouch, that was the first real bad event for Latina, could have been much more harmful. But that ain't very surprising, I had expected such incident to happen sooner or later...

Though Dale's can be such a sweetheart with her, but he does have a certain authority and exercises a real threat for those who hurt her. I was a bit impressed he could have such speech.
Jul 25, 2019 10:55 AM

Jan 2009
Otorez said:
Ouch, that was the first real bad event for Latina, could have been much more harmful. But that ain't very surprising, I had expected such incident to happen sooner or later...

Though Dale's can be such a sweetheart with her, but he does have a certain authority and exercises a real threat for those who hurt her. I was a bit impressed he could have such speech.

They didn't expand on it much but in ep 2 or 3, can't remember which, it was stated that before latine came into the picture dale was brooding, cold and potentially cruel to people, latina essentially became his morality pet.
Jul 25, 2019 11:13 AM

Mar 2018

YOU CAN'T HIDE THAT ANIMATION ERROR FROM ME YOU SNEAKY FUCKS
Jul 25, 2019 11:15 AM

May 2015
Another great episode with the most adorable thing this season, Latina.

But jesus her expression after that fight. Took a very quick turn. Sucks that Latinas lost her horn now I wish they could fix that.

Also pouting Latina is going to kill me, she too cute.

I'm a little worried how they seem to be getting a bit too close but I hope its just in a father and daughter way since I know how "that" went in the LN.

Finally angry Dale was the best ! I couldn't stop smiling when he was explaining what he'd do. I hope we get more Yandere Dale.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 25, 2019 11:37 AM
May 2016
Please tell me those grow again. I can't bear seeing Latina doing that herself

I want that teacher to be the most hated character in the Internet. Hate her that much I'd myself want to do unmentionable things to her so she can plead me to die.
Jul 25, 2019 11:45 AM

Dec 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:
They skipped a lot of important content. Not sure why they rush, the manga is not even finished. The school teacher was a substitute for their regular teacher and there was an entire section about how the rainbow means the same thing for all races and how Latina was born under the protection of the rainbow. This is repeated ad nauseam in the source material but here is skipped. Then there is the whole thing about how magic attributes work and what attributes Dale has and what attributes Latina has. And there was the whole thing on how demon food is tasteless and how everyone except her parents told her she was bad before she met Dale. Not sure why they rush.

Tatsuya in the original Dale states he is high priest of the temple mentioned and uses his status to intimidate. Also he does not request the highest punishment rather than that that she does not teach anymore.

Oh man, why would they ever decide to skip all of that, I understood Dale was super strong and somewhat important / of a high status but this episode was a whole new level.
Jul 25, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2018
Dale was just awesome !
Jul 25, 2019 11:56 AM
Jul 2019
luinthoron said:
This sure skipped a lot of the story, everything with their first teacher just disappeared... Disappointing, although at least this part is now over, and we got to see Dale show his authority to protect Latina, as well as her friends stick up for her.
complaining about everything is useless
Jul 25, 2019 11:58 AM

Apr 2019
I really enjoyed this one because after 3 really calm episodes, my god, Latina's face just scaried completely, and after that she pulled off her own horn, I mean, I know it's an anime and it's pretty soft (until this episode) but she self-harmed/injuried (idk which one is the commun to use)! This episode just gave me a new perspective of the anime...and I liked that (so no spoilers for me pls)

Btw the insane teacher making those faces made me miss Kakegurui already...
Jul 25, 2019 12:11 PM

Feb 2007
Dani9870Capaunen said:
luinthoron said:
complaining about everything is useless

Haven't complained about anything else so far. Not that fond of this change, though. Not only does it skip quite a bit of content, it also leaves a much more negative impression of the school itself.
Jul 25, 2019 12:15 PM
Jul 2019
This is definitely, in my opinion, the best episode yet!
Jul 25, 2019 12:32 PM
Nov 2018
The best episode so far, some world building with magic and, as expected, racial prejudices. Glad I'm still watching it
Jul 25, 2019 12:38 PM

Jan 2009
Oh I forgot she only gets excommunicated.
Like come on Dale, atleast have her exiled from the country

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jul 25, 2019 12:45 PM
Jun 2019
The plot is a bit rush. Latina has been treated unfairly. Too angry !!!!!
Jul 25, 2019 1:01 PM

Feb 2016
Good episode -slice of life with moments of substance; just need to really tone down Dale's obsessive, overdramatic "comedy" BS and I'll be quite happy.
Jul 25, 2019 1:08 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Dale's "pissed father mode" more often. That bitch being expelled sure was satisfying to see.

And also, that scene with Dale comforting Latina was so sweet to see.

Anyways, pretty good episode overall. Better than the previous ones, that's for sure.
SouthRzVaJul 25, 2019 1:11 PM
Jul 25, 2019 1:21 PM

Jan 2009
_Peksi said:
Oh I forgot she only gets excommunicated.
Like come on Dale, atleast have her exiled from the country

It's not explained well in the anime, but i think that's more or less what happened, getting excommunicated, especially in the circumstances that she did, is similar to a scarlet letter, it essentially means she can't show herself in the territory that has faith in the god ahmar again without stigma
, meaning she's better off fleeing to another country than staying in the city.
Jul 25, 2019 1:53 PM

Jun 2017
Woah, that went dark fast, hope the horns grow back eventually.

I didn't even catch that animation error xD.

Anyway, it was still a nice episode to shake things up for a change.
Jul 25, 2019 2:23 PM
Jan 2019
A really dramatic episode. Got damn! My blood boils that there are people who think they are superior like the damn teacher who mistreated Latina. How helpless I felt when I saw those scenes, which even made me want to get on the screen and defend her from that dog, and then hug Latina with all my love: 'v. It broke my heart to see her cry and make the decision to break her horn.
It's good that the people that Latina has known so far, except for the teacher, have been very good to her and love her very much, that helped her finally recover. The children of the school also earned my admiration by rising up in protest against the teacher. And Dale, he's behaving like a whole father. Friend, you have my respect.
Well, I'm glad this tragic episode had a happy and fun ending: ').

"We all die, at some point we say goodbye" ...
Jul 25, 2019 2:32 PM

Oct 2018
Honestly I thought Dale would go and kill that teacher

Well, I'm sure he thought of doing that though
Jul 25, 2019 3:22 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Latina goes to school, and meet new character. The teacher is worse bcuz she is racist and she hurt Latina. But Dale gave the teacher the punishment she deserves. To the next episode.

Jul 25, 2019 3:40 PM

Mar 2019
Gosh these episodes are good, but I was not ready for an episode to be THAT good.
Jul 25, 2019 4:39 PM

Apr 2014
Lord_Sauron said:
Please tell me those grow again. I can't bear seeing Latina doing that herself

I want that teacher to be the most hated character in the Internet. Hate her that much I'd myself want to do unmentionable things to her so she can plead me to die.

Damn son! calm your clitoris.
Jul 25, 2019 4:44 PM
Oct 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:

the rainbow thing and her parents being the only ones nice to her was shown in previous episodes. Did you not pay attention?
Jul 25, 2019 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
That was perhaps the most ham-fisted, forced bullshit I've ever seen in my life. All I wanted was a qt demon daughteru anime, not this transparent propaganda.
Jul 25, 2019 4:53 PM

Feb 2015
This is continuing to fall in the same pit falls, and isn't do much to improve the source material with the typical mediums anime has. Dale and his VA are still annoying. This looks like it's already peaked and going to steadily decline. Shame, since the manga is somewhat fun.
Jul 25, 2019 4:53 PM
May 2017
Yeb, not as good as the LN but its still pissed me off as well.

Dale looks like he's about to blow up the whole school.

Jul 25, 2019 5:06 PM
Nov 2016
Holy crap, don't mess with Dale's baby, not unless you want to see him in full Papa Bear Grizzly mode...burning everything to the ground, and salting the earth!
Jul 25, 2019 5:09 PM

Dec 2016
first time in a while where I see a wholesome show goes from 0 to 100 real quick.
Jul 25, 2019 5:21 PM

Dec 2013
So whats the deal with the new girl from Western District?
Seems an interesting one.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 25, 2019 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
This was a good episode. surprise that dale didn’t go further with the punishment
Jul 25, 2019 5:44 PM

Nov 2016
Props to Dale, he was pretty bad ass, even made up for his annoying cringiness at times.

Very emotional episode and that cute singing:3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2019 6:34 PM

Oct 2015
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

the rainbow thing and her parents being the only ones nice to her was shown in previous episodes. Did you not pay attention?

nah ignore him, dudes just an elitist whos taking any chance he can to complain about the anime, but will still give it a 7
he just wants other to hate the seires like him
like lmao imagine
>Not sure why they rush, the manga is not even finished.
not being able to realise the anime is adapting from the ln and that most anime end up overtaking the manga too anyways
who cares about the magic and all of that
this has and will always be a series about latina, learning about everything else is inconsqiutential
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jul 25, 2019 6:44 PM

May 2015
At least Dale didn't go berserk. I've seen parents try to punch teachers because they did something to their kids.
Jul 25, 2019 7:31 PM

Jun 2013
Hmm, that was a little extra. Glad the teacher didn't last long.
Jul 25, 2019 8:11 PM

Oct 2015
If I was in that class I would've tossed a desk on her, but that was great from Chloe!

On a side note, that's pretty how racism is in some real life multiracial schools! Some teachers become that way, which is pretty sad if you ask me. I like how this episode showcased that even if it wasn't intentional.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 25, 2019 9:00 PM
Oct 2017
Latina reminds me Lucy from Elfen Lied, some things are pretty similar.

This episode Dale was so good, he wasn't annoying at least.
Jul 25, 2019 9:47 PM

May 2009
Kind of a shame they missed the opportunity for world-building. One of the things I liked about the LN was how the author released the real deal about Dale through small tidbits like him showing up in his formal high priest attire. Then again, this is probably inconsequential unless we get to the events of vol. 5 and later.

So far I'm loving this, Latina is just way too cute.
Jul 25, 2019 10:09 PM

Aug 2012
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Yeah I was. The point was this get repeated as is important and she gets the courage to tell Dale too.
Jul 25, 2019 11:24 PM

Jul 2017
Dayum right about time that Dale isn't quite annoying. Just tone

Quite a missed opportunity on the world-building. Latina's entrance into school was quite an experience. Dale wearing that priest clothing, was contemplating on the backstory behind it, but guessing it would not be of relevance yet.

Other than that, an good episode, dat teacher honestly freaked me out.
Jul 25, 2019 11:29 PM
Jun 2017
how could that teacher do that to latina--- she made her cry... and as a punishment she (teacher/ priestess) has been kicked out... NO ONE CAN DO THAT TO THE CUTE LATINA...

but whats nice is that we have seen she has been supported by her classmates..
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

44 by thekingofisekai »»
Apr 23, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

117 by nightjasmine »»
Apr 22, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2019

86 by woozittle »»
Feb 11, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

43 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

34 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.