Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2019 3:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everyone really knows their own roles in this match. Tbh, I think that's what makes this game so special in the sense that everyone is fired up to win.

Eijun especially had that look that looks like he really into the game. "You saved me". Oh the coach wasn't holding back his own words.
Stark700Jul 9, 2019 3:37 AM
Jul 9, 2019 4:23 AM
Sep 2015
Great episode. Obviously Sawamura fans have waited weeks for this moment, myself included.

Again, I feel bad for Furuya but he absolutely has to learn from his ongoing mistakes and get the support he needs.

Animation and art wasn't perfect of course but it was great to see it improve this ep for such an epic and important moment.

I loved the OST choice as well. I guess it's a new track for Act II and that's not coming out till 10th July.

So looking forward to the next ep as well!
Jul 9, 2019 4:47 AM

Dec 2013
The Furuya disaster continues!

Sawamura is looking hype striking out 4th and 5th batter.
Jul 9, 2019 4:48 AM

Feb 2013
Too many wasted runs on Furuya, the coach waited too much!
Jul 9, 2019 5:01 AM

Oct 2017
Damn man just what i wanted to see . Finally Sawamura comes out at a serious pinch and he manages to hold em without giving another run. Also some words of praise and apoligize to eijun from the coach Kataoka.He did wait too long to change the pitchers when it was clear Furuya wasn't in his game today.
Jul 9, 2019 5:08 AM
Sep 2015
Just as I thought since previous episode that Coach not only bias towards Furuya's diary but also overestimate Tetsu's brother. While he's previous captain's younger brother, he's not that reliable yet. But thanks to their mistakes Sawamura can finally be a hero. Though the Furuya and Mei slump make me wonder why Hongo hasn't experience his downfall period yet, or is it simply because he's a beast? Yes it must be because Hongo is the beast I know him from our last night!
Jul 9, 2019 5:14 AM

May 2012
SSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My favorit ep so far

Jul 9, 2019 5:20 AM

Nov 2016
Yess, the Sawamura hype we were waiting for. He's certainly doing great, but maybe it's a bit too late for him to turn the tide. We will see.

Awesome episode for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2019 5:30 AM
Sep 2015
phantomfandom said:
Just as I thought since previous episode that Coach not only bias towards Furuya's diary but also overestimate Tetsu's brother. While he's previous captain's younger brother, he's not that reliable yet. But thanks to their mistakes Sawamura can finally be a hero. Though the Furuya and Mei slump make me wonder why Hongo hasn't experience his downfall period yet, or is it simply because he's a beast? Yes it must be because Hongo is the beast I know him from our last night!

Too true. I'm more forgiving of Kataoka as he generally makes the right decisions and this showed his humanity. Surely he'll grow from this. I want to actually see him pass on his pitcher wisdom on more lol.

Masashi's all about potential. I personally don't care for him as a person nor a player (though I love batters that go bananas like Seikou or Yakushi). However, I can see why he's appealing though- imagine if he could improve his accuracy. When he hits the ball, he almost always gets a home run. They "have to" put him in games for him to get experience. I'll admit it's freakin' annoying to see him repeatedly swing after bloody anything and everything. Seriously, how obviously out does a pitch have to get for him to ignore it?

Regarding Hongou and Komadai as a whole, Terajima is intentionally making them a force of nature rather than people, probably to keep the intimidation alive. I suspect they'll get developed more in the lead-up to the Summer Koushien or maybe during it. Hongou comes across as the type to have crashed and burned in the past when he was younger; even less mature than he is now. I can picture his attitude being worse in his first year of Komadai and Coach Nitta straightening him out, haha.

Also difference with Hongou, Furuya and Narumiya is that Furuya and Narumiya both are egotistical. Narumiya constantly seeks approval, attention and is petty (he's developed now though) whereas Furuya means well but has too much of an innately selfish ego to understand that an ace is a big part but still, part of a whole that should ultimately be able to function without him. Hongou and his team display none of these shortcomings. He has a crappy attitude (love him though) but isn't egotistical nor overconfident, from what we've seen. Again, Coach Nitta seems to have a knack to keep immature teen boy attitudes in check.
Jul 9, 2019 5:40 AM

Jun 2010
I will only be pleased when Miyuki apologizes to Sawamura for the way he treated him. XD
melinayuukiJul 9, 2019 5:46 AM
Jul 9, 2019 5:48 AM
Sep 2015
Pooyan22 said:
Too true. I'm more forgiving of Kataoka as he generally makes the right decisions and this showed his humanity. Surely he'll grow from this. I want to actually see him pass on his pitcher wisdom on more lol.

While I'm not rooting for Furuya, I concern that the Coach will afraid to use him in the future. Furuya is disaster in this match and I'm so angry at every meatball he throw, but to abandon him is too cruel. I'm also in the dilemma LOL.
Jul 9, 2019 6:06 AM

Oct 2017
I loved what producers did here when they went from Mei-san crying narration straight to bad Seido situation with dramatic music. I've got goosebumps then. Second part of episode was all amazing, can't wait for next episode!
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jul 9, 2019 6:33 AM

Jul 2014
The number on the back isnt important.
Sawamura is the ace now.
How do I signature?
Jul 9, 2019 6:39 AM

May 2010
Sawamura clutch as fuck!
Furuya needs to get his shit together in time for the next match cause his pitching was a disaster this match.
Jul 9, 2019 6:49 AM

Oct 2016
In general i like Kataoka but this game he was so biased what a waste. And while Ochiai is a big Furuya fan he actually spoke the truth so um go Ochiai!
Angry Sawamura was the bomb <3 Loved it so much i didnt care about the still images <3
Jul 9, 2019 6:52 AM

Oct 2016
phantomfandom said:

While I'm not rooting for Furuya, I concern that the Coach will afraid to use him in the future. Furuya is disaster in this match and I'm so angry at every meatball he throw, but to abandon him is too cruel. I'm also in the dilemma LOL.

In a scenario where it s so rival based sometimes you cant even tell who the real protagonist is you really think Furuya will just disappear xD If anything that s a pipe dream.
Jul 9, 2019 7:15 AM
Oct 2013
Comsidering this is high school pitching, a guy who throws 94+ MPH will always get the start, but Sawamura arsenal of pitches is just too great to not be utilized as a Starter, also his Stamina is greater than Furuya.
Overall best episode to date from this season, and coach Kataoka apology to Sawamura was ice on the cake.
Jul 9, 2019 7:17 AM

May 2013
Can Sawamura bunt by himself and get to the first base?

I feel the episodes are getting shorter and shorter like they show us 4 mins of what we've already seen but I'm not complaining. 1 episode for each Innings
Jul 9, 2019 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode.

The Sawamura moment we've all been waiting for, I was grinning like crazy and when his theme started playing I was cheering. XD

I feel bad for Furuya and it would've been nice to see him overcome his problems, the coach and Miyuki did give him so many chances to try and get back in the groove but he just couldn't do it. :(

I hope Seido win but Ichidai does have a big lead. I hope the batters can do well, maybe Yuki will get a home run. xD
Jul 9, 2019 7:27 AM
Jul 2017
Yo this episode was so HYPEEE. It feels nice to see Sawamura finally get some shine and prove to everyone that HE IS DEADLY!!!!!
Jul 9, 2019 7:54 AM

Feb 2010
Well well Kataoka and Miyuki are so biased till Sawa rub it to their face, im so satisfied... it'll be good if Sawa could hit homerun and making Seidou feels bad because they played like shit.

What surprises me even Ochiai is objective when he was a Furuya fan.. i guess he's not..., he's just a realistic person.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jul 9, 2019 8:05 AM

Sep 2013
Kataoka is such a shitty coach he: 1) didn't take Furuya out on time; 2) wasn't actually planning on taking him out at all, it seems; 3) doesn't even know the level Sawamura has reached. Not to talk about the lack of instructions and tactics from him (this very game, the batters in the other team favoured Sawamura's pitching). Apart from his "hype speechs" he offers nothing more.
WintoviskyJul 9, 2019 8:16 AM
Jul 9, 2019 8:18 AM

Apr 2019
Whoaa, I really had to re-watch this episode from the 13:57 mark! I'm so proud of our MC!
Jul 9, 2019 8:38 AM

Sep 2011
This episode was so good! I mean, it was hard to watch Furuya struggling like that, "allowing" those runs, and being crushed by it all, the expectations around him, the responsibility of being the ace and stuff. But Sawamura was just so cool! He had to stand on the mound in a pinch, but he didn't pressure himself because of the loaded bases, he just focused on the batter in front of him, and his presence felt so big after the strikeouts.

The stands, the team, the bench, it all cheered up after his amazing pitching, and this moment was so satisfying and rewarding. Or at least it was supposed to be, but the thing with Furuya is still sad. I said something similar before, but it's nice that Mei knows Furuya is passing through something similar to what he went through, Furuya should be able to climb this wall too. Kataoka acknowledged Sawamura as well, and normally he would be happy, but not after that "sorry." He did take too long to change Furuya, he was the one who said that he wouldn't sacrifice the team for Furuya, but he almost did it. I do understand wanting him to get back on his feet before sending Sawamura though, but it just wasn't going to happen. Here's hoping Sawamura's energy and spirit is going to be enough for the team to score some runs because I'm sure his pitching is going to hold out until the end, but it isn't going to be easy.
Jul 9, 2019 10:09 AM
Feb 2014
Apologizing is basically admitting that Kataoka never rated Sawamura and never really expected much from him. This is what made Sawamura upset. That even in this situation, the coach just made it clear that he really didn't believe that Sawamura would perform so good.

On the other hand, Miyuuki should be the one to apologize to Sawamura. The way he treats Sawamura is really unprofessional for a captain. Need a Chris-senpai short return to give everyone a reality check.
Jul 9, 2019 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
OMG!!!! MY MOST FAVORITE CHAPTER OF DAIYA NO ACE ACT 2 IS FINALLY ANIMATED!!! It was amazing!!!! Now I want to see Sawamura bat in the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2019 10:28 AM

Dec 2016
Apologizing is basically admitting that Kataoka never rated Sawamura and never really expected much from him. This is what made Sawamura upset. That even in this situation, the coach just made it clear that he really didn't believe that Sawamura would perform so good.

On the other hand, Miyuuki should be the one to apologize to Sawamura. The way he treats Sawamura is really unprofessional for a captain. Need a Chris-senpai short return to give everyone a reality check.
In general the whole Seidou has little respect for Sawamura.
Even Ochiai, although he advised (rightly) to replace Furuya, is prejudiced on Sawamura.
Just look at the face he made when Kataoka said that Sawamura saved the team.
Besides the fact that later he says he expected to lose more runs

On Miyuki I have little to say, I have never liked at the beginning of the manga / anime, but I know that it is the most loved character (in Japan at least)
It should be noted instead that the boys of the first year, unlike the others, feel a lot of respect for Sawamura.
It's not a casuality
Salvaju29roJul 9, 2019 10:37 AM
Jul 9, 2019 10:48 AM
Feb 2014
sannythebest95 said:

In general the whole Seidou has little respect for Sawamura.
Even Ochiai, although he advised (rightly) to replace Furuya, is prejudiced on Sawamura.
Just look at the face he made when Kataoka said that Sawamura saved the team.
Besides the fact that later he says he expected to lose more runs

On Miyuki I have little to say, I have never liked at the beginning of the manga / anime, but I know that it is the most loved character (in Japan at least)
It should be noted instead that the boys of the first year, unlike the others, feel a lot of respect for Sawamura.
It's not a casuality

Yeah, the whole team really doesn't think much of him. But the first years respect him for his work ethic and spirit. They see him as someone who made it into the first team.

Miyuki is a popular character for his quirky attitude and not for his quality as a captain. He's one of the best players of Seido individually. But his captaincy has a lot of room for growth.
Jul 9, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2012
I feel sad they had to waste over half of episode to show Furuya struggling.

Other than that, FUCKIN finally everyone sees Sawamura for a pitcher he has become and not the one he once was. It seems like they are starting to see him as legitimate contender for position of ace.

I love it. Give me more of successful Sawamura.

Also, I feel like first-years actually have more respect for him than for Furuya right now and you know what, I'm fine with that. Sawamura had way harder time than Furuya overall and he deserves it more.
HDVisionJul 9, 2019 10:59 AM
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2019 11:33 AM

Apr 2018
Finally Sawamura gets his time to shine! It feels like it's been an entire season since Sawamura has reclaimed his spot as the main character, lol. Like holy shit, I was getting tired of seeing the main character being relegated to the sidelines.

The whole Mei narration thing seemed backwards, he was like "was I that stiff like Furuya before?" Bro tf are you talking about? Mei seems even more stiff and serious now after his "change." What happened to his fun loving light-hearted spirit that he had before? Are you telling me his new serious doom and gloom persona is somehow a better version of himself? ...Because I'm not buying it.

Also Coach Kataoka waited way too damn long to sub out Furuya, literally should have been benched after he gave up the first or second run. It was clear that he was already playing poorly all game. The fact that it took losing another 3 runs with based loaded for him to realize it shows very poor judgement on his part. With games this close, every run counts. To now be behind 3 runs could be the difference between winning or losing the game. So stupid, smh.

Also, if I was Sawamura I would be pissed off too and would not accept the coach's apology either. Sawamura has proven himself to be reliable in previous games just recently, and it's known that a southpaw pitcher would be most effective against that specific team. For him to wait so long to sub him in and in the worst possible high pressure situation is incredibly stupid. idk, maybe I would accept the apology, but I would still be pissed off and I would voice my concern to the coach.
Jul 9, 2019 12:15 PM

Feb 2016
oh boy, Sawamura finally got his time to shine and boy it was hype! So Menacing!!

Damn Furuya really got it rough this time, what a disaster! Still, Kataoka really waited way too much to change him.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 9, 2019 3:55 PM

Feb 2012
I really liked the way Coach Kataoka was shocked.
While he was focusing on Furuya, Sawamura just kept on improving and he's more reliable than Furuya.
It's your time to shine Bakamura !

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 9, 2019 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
Oushuu said:
OMG!!!! MY MOST FAVORITE CHAPTER OF DAIYA NO ACE ACT 2 IS FINALLY ANIMATED!!! It was amazing!!!! Now I want to see Sawamura bat in the next episode!

Yes, mine too. I've been waiting for so long for this and I was not disappointed.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 9, 2019 4:48 PM
Jan 2017
This episode gave me goosebumps!
Jul 9, 2019 11:32 PM
Jul 2019
I have been WAITING for this moment. I feel like Sawamura has been overlooked so much recently. It felt like no one was really noticing (much) the great accomplishments he's made thus far. At this point, I feel like he's put in more work than Furuya and now really deserves the title and position of Ace.
Furuya's strength is simply pitching super fast and heavy with lots of intention. Sawamura has always seemed like the pitcher with most potential (to me), he just needed practice and experience. He pitches for his team, Furuya pitches to be the best. I feel that what the team needs right now is a pitcher who pitches for them. I hate how overlooked and underestimated he's been so far, and I feel that the coach has finally realized what a crazy awesome and talented monster Sawamura is and can be.
Jul 9, 2019 11:41 PM
Jul 2019
Wintovisky said:
Kataoka is such a shitty coach he: 1) didn't take Furuya out on time; 2) wasn't actually planning on taking him out at all, it seems; 3) doesn't even know the level Sawamura has reached. Not to talk about the lack of instructions and tactics from him (this very game, the batters in the other team favoured Sawamura's pitching). Apart from his "hype speechs" he offers nothing more.

I freaking feel this. Kataoka's reaction showed that he hasn't been paying attention to Sawamura at all lately. He shouldn't be surprised over the skill level his players are at. A good coach would keep an eye on all of his players and would see the improvement. He's been so focused on Furuya that he's completely overlooking the rest of the team and their capacity to grow.
Jul 10, 2019 2:36 AM
Sep 2015
sannythebest95 said:

Popular vote is more like who'd be my best husband instead of best player.
Jul 10, 2019 3:18 AM

Jan 2012
I just can't believe they sub out Furuya so late OMG His pitching was seriously all over the place and it really does feel like Kataoka wasn't going to do anything any time soon if Ochiai didn't remind him. Like wtf is this bias. Even the other team's coach was wondering.

And tf with Kataoka being so surprised at Sawamura's pitching.

keilyyyy said:
Furuya's strength is simply pitching super fast and heavy with lots of intention. Sawamura has always seemed like the pitcher with most potential (to me), he just needed practice and experience. He pitches for his team, Furuya pitches to be the best. I feel that what the team needs right now is a pitcher who pitches for them. I hate how overlooked and underestimated he's been so far, and I feel that the coach has finally realized what a crazy awesome and talented monster Sawamura is and can be.

My thoughts exactly. I still don't feel like the coach realized Sawamura's potential though or he'll forget real soon.
Jul 10, 2019 4:12 AM
Jan 2017
Which chapter of the manga do I start on after watching this episode?
Jul 10, 2019 4:23 AM

Dec 2016
Which chapter of the manga do I start on after watching this episode?
44 of second act..
Jul 10, 2019 5:28 AM

Jan 2012
Was totally expecting this, Furuya throwing a ton of balls instead of strikes. The thing that angers me is that Coach Kataoka took so long to even consider subbing out Furuya.
After that speech on how he 'won't sacrifice the team for Furuya alone' it certainly seemed like the opposite here, hoping that he would get back on his feet.

I can't believe it took Coach Ochiai's suggestion to finally realize what situation the team was in.
The very person who wanted Furuya to always start and play.

Seeing Eijun on the sideline just wondering what in the world Furuya is doing. He did exactly what he had to do once he came in.
He knows his role, strikes out the cleanup at bat and brings the team back into the game, as well as lifting up everyone's mood.
Really happy for my boy Eijun, hopefully he can keep it up!
Jul 10, 2019 10:40 AM
Jun 2008
The real question is: What did he mean by, "damn it, don't apologize"? What do you guys think? I am thinking he said that because he don't want the coach to appear weak. I'm not sure.
Jul 10, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2017
Wow, this episode was pure adrenaline, Sawamura's concentration is so damn frightenning, you can definitely see that he is totally into this game just like his life depends on it. Hope that Furuya can learn a thing or two from this, he really needs to shape up and rethink how he handles the games. Fantastic episode. And i almost cried during that scene with the coach, fuck yeah. Wipe them all out, Sawamura!
Jul 10, 2019 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
Furuya pitching was just so hard to watch
Jul 10, 2019 7:41 PM

Oct 2015
gotta be proud of my ace Sawamura
Jul 11, 2019 8:03 AM
Feb 2016
Wintovisky said:

Coach Ochiai deserves a lot of credit for this. Also, you can't let Miyuki off the hook either. He didn't call for the pitching switch but instead he wanted to "believe" in Furuya
Jul 11, 2019 8:10 AM
Feb 2016
bzzrkd said:
The real question is: What did he mean by, "damn it, don't apologize"? What do you guys think? I am thinking he said that because he don't want the coach to appear weak. I'm not sure.

Its because Kataoka knows he made the wrong decision by not switching out Furuya earlier and the result of that is Seido currently losing. Basically Kataoka admitting his faults made Eijun frustrated because he was on the receiving end of it but also they’re losing the game because of it

Jul 11, 2019 4:25 PM
May 2019
papsoshea said:
One of the best episodes so far. Sawamura is really getting his shine here, he is acting and playing like an Ace. The situation that Furuya left him in - all bases loaded vs their clean up with only 1 out - and he went into clutch mode.

The whole team 100 percent acknowledges Sawamura right now, even the coach - he was shocked to his core. Those words he said to Sawamura was what I was waiting for... for like the longest time - but it seems as Sawamura took it a different way. Anyway, can't wait for the next episode, I really want to see how Seido fights their way back. On another note, the OST was on fire this episode.

YESS. This episode actually had me EMITTING goosebumps. I've been waiting for the real acknowledgment that Sawamura deserves from Coach Kataoka and even assistant coach Ochiai! He always knows how to pitch when the team really need it.

But, I think Sawamura understands the way the coach meant his apology. I think Sawamura knows that the coach was apologizing for overlooking him and putting him on the backburner to Furuya (when he's never REALLY done so before. He used to switch pitchers so quickly because he believed in all his pitchers. Now, he's trying to let Furuya be the ace). I'm sure Sawamura's pride was a bit wounded there, because he realized that Kataoka had given up on him being the ace of their team, and that he saw Sawamura as inferior to Furuya. The coach basically acknowledged it with his apology, and that's why Sawamura was angry. At least, that's what I assume.
Jul 11, 2019 5:38 PM
Jun 2008
killerqueen2000 said:
bzzrkd said:

Its because Kataoka knows he made the wrong decision by not switching out Furuya earlier and the result of that is Seido currently losing. Basically Kataoka admitting his faults made Eijun frustrated because he was on the receiving end of it but also they’re losing the game because of it

ahh.. nice nice, that sounds right
Jul 11, 2019 5:42 PM
Jun 2008
t_tomodachi22 said:
papsoshea said:
One of the best episodes so far. Sawamura is really getting his shine here, he is acting and playing like an Ace. The situation that Furuya left him in - all bases loaded vs their clean up with only 1 out - and he went into clutch mode.

The whole team 100 percent acknowledges Sawamura right now, even the coach - he was shocked to his core. Those words he said to Sawamura was what I was waiting for... for like the longest time - but it seems as Sawamura took it a different way. Anyway, can't wait for the next episode, I really want to see how Seido fights their way back. On another note, the OST was on fire this episode.

YESS. This episode actually had me EMITTING goosebumps. I've been waiting for the real acknowledgment that Sawamura deserves from Coach Kataoka and even assistant coach Ochiai! He always knows how to pitch when the team really need it.

But, I think Sawamura understands the way the coach meant his apology. I think Sawamura knows that the coach was apologizing for overlooking him and putting him on the backburner to Furuya (when he's never REALLY done so before. He used to switch pitchers so quickly because he believed in all his pitchers. Now, he's trying to let Furuya be the ace). I'm sure Sawamura's pride was a bit wounded there, because he realized that Kataoka had given up on him being the ace of their team, and that he saw Sawamura as inferior to Furuya. The coach basically acknowledged it with his apology, and that's why Sawamura was angry. At least, that's what I assume.

damn good analysis! good work humans!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2020

52 by _aLiez_LIN »»
Jul 21, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 42 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2020

20 by LizIsListing »»
Jul 20, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2019

47 by Hananeechan »»
Jul 10, 6:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2019

21 by LizIsListing »»
Jul 4, 1:24 AM

» Sequel announced!!!!

Dbagas8 - May 18

18 by AzureCielo »»
May 19, 4:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.