Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2019 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Analysis of the match is definitely interesting to understand how teams work together.

Inashiro is one of those teams to always watch out for, especially their pitcher. A lot of social commentary this episode from behind the scenes.
Jul 23, 2019 3:54 AM

Dec 2013
I really liked Mukai in this episode. Too bad he didn't stand a chance against Narumiya.

Narumiya seems too unstoppable at this point tbh.
Jul 23, 2019 4:21 AM

Apr 2018
I feel like we're all so ready for Sawamura to be the Ace already.

Come on, let's go! It's his time to shine.
Jul 23, 2019 4:28 AM

Feb 2013
That ending was depressing, only 3 months left, tears incoming.
Jul 23, 2019 5:47 AM

Jun 2015
holy crap they did not have to go that hard with the sad music and dramatic flashbacks over Miyuki's silhouette, that scene was literally one page long in the manga.

they really out here tryna make us cry, huh.
Jul 23, 2019 5:48 AM

Jan 2012
All in all I don't have much to say about the match between Inashiro & Teito, other than the fact that I knew Inashiro would win anyway.
But the part with Mei & Taiyou at the end after the match was pretty hilarious!

Mei: I went easy on you, remember that!

Taiyou: What are you twelve!?

"The way he pitched today was exactly how an ace should do it."
It is quite clear that Miyuki realizes that Sawamura has got what it takes to be the ace.
Regardless of the fact that Furuya is the current ace, I too believe in this.

"I'll only be playing with them for 3 months."
This kinda made me feel sad, cause I too realized that the third years like him and Kuramochi won't be there for much longer.
Surely they will want to accomplish something while they're still here.

Wishing Ichidaisan good luck, cause it'll be a tough match against Inashiro for sure.
As good of a pitcher Kousei might be, I'd be more concerned about their offense.
Jul 23, 2019 6:02 AM

Oct 2017
Only three mnths left for the third years to play.Feels like yesterday when Tetsu and other third years retired. Now soon Miyuki and others will retire too. I hope they win the koshien this time.
Jul 23, 2019 6:13 AM

May 2013
Only 3 months left :(
Jul 23, 2019 6:38 AM

May 2010
only 3 months pepehands
Jul 23, 2019 7:25 AM

Dec 2014
Expected Inashiro to win, guess they didn't disappoint.

Only 3 months left for the third years. It's not gonna be the same without Miyuki. :(
Jul 23, 2019 9:04 AM

Jun 2010
All the love I had for Miyuki died in this season. He was not a good captain and was rather unfair to Sawamura.
melinayuukiJul 23, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 23, 2019 9:37 AM

Dec 2016
I will miss Kuramochi more than Miyuki
Jul 23, 2019 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
Okay, now I need to know, will we see Sawamura wear #1 soon?
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2019 11:18 AM
Sep 2015
I actually quite like the fast pace of first half episode, but Miyuki flashback is definitely just a cost-saving and has no other explanation. I already miss Masamune Hongo's duck face!
Jul 23, 2019 12:47 PM
Mar 2018
Less baseball, more narration!!!
Jul 23, 2019 1:42 PM
Oct 2013
Only 3 months left, and 3rd years will be gone.
Miyuki , Kuramochi, Kawakami (blowing saves), Zono's popups with bases loaded situations.
Man, it's gonna feel alot different.
Jul 23, 2019 4:39 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, the mood towards the end was seriously heavy.

Very good episode and the next game sounds like it's going to be fire. Hopefully at least two episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 23, 2019 9:53 PM
Feb 2016
The Miyuki scene is like whatever. Unless he helps Eijun perfect his numbers.
We will finally go back to Seido side of things next episode. Kataoka has to make big roster changes
Jul 24, 2019 1:10 AM

May 2012
I really hope they will lessen the narration.. it kinda kills the tension of the game.
But looking forward to the new battery with the 1st years!!!! hhahaha, especially with the possible battery of Sawamura and Okumura.
Jul 24, 2019 1:13 AM

Dec 2016
lasso_914 said:
Only 3 months left, and 3rd years will be gone.
Miyuki , Kuramochi, Kawakami (blowing saves), Zono's popups with bases loaded situations.
Man, it's gonna feel alot different.

ahahahahahahahah best comment so far
from kawakami with the time has improved a little bit, instead Zono after having made a good autumn continues to be bad with RISP and return to be a flyout machine on the left.
Jul 24, 2019 4:06 AM

May 2011
teacucumber said:
holy crap they did not have to go that hard with the sad music and dramatic flashbacks over Miyuki's silhouette, that scene was literally one page long in the manga.

they really out here tryna make us cry, huh.

It was only one page long?? I was really starting to tear T^T.

It really emphasises just how much Sawamura has been overshadowed by Furuya, and that even when Sawamura already starts to show visible potential, he still lacks the acknowledgement by others. As much as this was already obvious, the flashback still did made me realise just how long this has been ongoing. I mean, Sawamura used to be pretty bad, but it has already been ongoing longer than I thought (ever since he became decent). Felt like it hasn't been that long. And damn, this show has been making me feel sorry for Sawamura for the past few episodes =(.

... and after all that flashback, I realised the purpose wasn't to show the unfairness but more of the seniors having only 3 months left ~_~. I do feel sad but I was even more sad at the former.
Jul 24, 2019 5:57 AM

Sep 2012
miyuki : no matter how good you guys pitched, we won't reach koshien if we batters don't score

way to avoid the problem mate, furuya playing real bad, you talk like that when pitchers playing good. stop trying to cushion the damage, furuya himself need to be aware that he plays bad even without the comparison with batters.

and man i know it's sad they're only have 3 months to play together, but the start of that scene make me sad, he never expected that sawamura would be an ace this soon which show that not only kataoka but miyuki that underestimate sawamura's growth.
Jul 24, 2019 8:06 AM

Dec 2016
dend08 said:
miyuki : no matter how good you guys pitched, we won't reach koshien if we batters don't score

way to avoid the problem mate, furuya playing real bad, you talk like that when pitchers playing good. stop trying to cushion the damage, furuya himself need to be aware that he plays bad even without the comparison with batters.

and man i know it's sad they're only have 3 months to play together, but the start of that scene make me sad, he never expected that sawamura would be an ace this soon which show that not only kataoka but miyuki that underestimate sawamura's growth.

To be honest, if I remember correctly, in the manga Miyuki thinks that before the Sankou he had never imagined Sawamura as an ace, not that he didn't think it could be so soon
So in the anime Miyuki was "kind" with Sawamura
Jul 24, 2019 8:14 AM

Sep 2011
I have nothing against Teitou, but I don't really like them either. And why does their catcher look like a sixty years old again? lol But he hit a homerun off Mei, and I guess this is commendable, but it feels like author's mercy so they wouldn't lose with 0 runs. But I loved that Itsuki tried to tell Mei about Kiki after it, that was amazing, a pity he didn't want to hear it. xD

Sawamura was still dealing with his feelings too, and he didn't sit near his friends, but he was already fine by the end of the match. Miyuki realized they need to improve their offense or they won't be able to stand against Mei, and he also stopped to think about his journey so far with both Furuya, and Sawamura. It was kind of wholesome, but also poignant. The feeling that the end of their days playing together is inevitable lingered in the air.
Jul 24, 2019 5:40 PM

Feb 2012
Only 3 months huh.
I hope Miyuki gonna be around to witness the birth of a new ace

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 24, 2019 6:19 PM
May 2019
Ulquiorra said:
That ending was depressing, only 3 months left, tears incoming.

I knowwwwwww, I'm sad! Miyuki T_T

MegamiRem said:
Only three mnths left for the third years to play.Feels like yesterday when Tetsu and other third years retired. Now soon Miyuki and others will retire too. I hope they win the koshien this time.

I remember being super sad when Tetsu and the others left. Especially when they started crying after losing at Koshien. I don't wanna see that again, goodness. Hopefully they manage to make it! Also, hoping Sawamura can carry them there!
Jul 24, 2019 7:26 PM

Jul 2014
Miyuki has been my favorite character since the beginning. Easily the most charismatic / likeable character on the show. It will feel empty to watch this show once he graduate.
Jul 25, 2019 1:52 AM
Oct 2018
I'm a big Sawamura fan and I really felt sorry for him. I was quite surprised actually that his frustration was a little bit weaker at the end of the match. I though it was going to go on for a while.

But despite all that... can somebody explain to me why Furuya is the ace. I mean... he has a super good fastball and a splitter? Was that just about it? Yeah, the fastball is pretty decent but it's still not enough for me.

Sawamura on the other hand has a variety of pitches. In my eyes, he has Narumiya class potential. I know Kuramochi really values him, he's valued him ever since the beginning when he pitched along Tetsu and the other third years. He's the only person I will miss of the new third years, pretty much hate everybody else.
Jul 25, 2019 5:09 AM

Dec 2016
I'm a big Sawamura fan and I really felt sorry for him. I was quite surprised actually that his frustration was a little bit weaker at the end of the match. I though it was going to go on for a while.

But despite all that... can somebody explain to me why Furuya is the ace. I mean... he has a super good fastball and a splitter? Was that just about it? Yeah, the fastball is pretty decent but it's still not enough for me.

Sawamura on the other hand has a variety of pitches. In my eyes, he has Narumiya class potential. I know Kuramochi really values him, he's valued him ever since the beginning when he pitched along Tetsu and the other third years. He's the only person I will miss of the new third years, pretty much hate everybody else.

I agree with what you said about the third year characters
Perhaps I would also add Shirasu, he is a silent character but I have always liked him for some strange reason
Oh..of course also Nori

About Furuya: first he became the ace because there were no alternatives
Practically when he became the ace Sawamura and Nori were in the worst condition
Furuya was not yet ready to become the ace, but there was no other choice
In fact Furuya in the autumn tournament was not so incredible and in the end, in the final against Yakushi, he took all the credit because Terajima loves him
The fastball is practically the most important thing, unfortunately
When you have a pitcher with such a fast fastball it is obvious that it is almost always favored for being the ace
Unfortunately, Furuya often has poor control, bad concentration and not much stamina
Currently Sawamura is far better than Furuya
But with that fastball, if Furuya improves all the negative aspects I've listed above then it will be difficult for Sawamura

Sorry for my english
Salvaju29roJul 25, 2019 5:21 AM
Jul 25, 2019 7:24 AM

Feb 2017
I kinda hated Ochiai at first but I'm really starting to like him now. Miyuki is my favorite character from this show so him graduating is gonna hit hard.
Jul 25, 2019 11:06 AM
Oct 2007
Without Miyuki, there's going to be a big gap to be filled. No wonder the story brought in 2 Year 1 catchers. The author probably wants both characters to split the upcoming burden. The small guy will be solely responsible for Furuya and the wolf boy will focus on Sawamura. Seido will win Koshien right before Sawamura graduate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2019 6:30 PM
Feb 2016
silver_s0ul said:

Uh you should at least know that Furuya also has a slider. One with a vertical break too. His fastballs are not just decent. Its great if he has good control. Not many high school players can hit his fastballs and its been stated before. Know about the character you dislike before criticizing him.
The match against Hongou was his best performance we've seen from him. he demonstrated ace like pitching before and when he got the number he simply was just taking the opportunity in front of him when Eijun and Nori were slumping. Right now Eijun definitely deserves the number way more because like you said the variety but Furuya definitely was an ace before.

Also, Eijun's frustration might not be directed at the team. If you know Eijun's character he's not a dude who criticizes his teammates like that
killerqueen2000Jul 26, 2019 6:34 PM
Jul 26, 2019 6:39 PM
Feb 2016
Kulta said:
I kinda hated Ochiai at first but I'm really starting to like him now.

Hes a really fascinating character tbh. I never really hated him because I understand where he is coming from. There are real life coaches like him as well. Sure we all hated what he said about the team but now he's changed. At first he said Eijun was useless but that was because Eijun was in a slump. Ochiai is a very logical and technical coach and he fits perfectly beside Kataoka because Kataoka is the opposite of him
Jul 26, 2019 6:41 PM
Feb 2016
Eviix said:
Miyuki has been my favorite character since the beginning. Easily the most charismatic / likeable character on the show. It will feel empty to watch this show once he graduate.

I love him as well but he's overrated. This season is really starting to show us his flaws. Okumura's character is here for a reason. The way Miyuki trolls people can be bad, especially for pitchers like Eijun.
Jul 27, 2019 2:50 PM

Feb 2017
killerqueen2000 said:
Kulta said:
I kinda hated Ochiai at first but I'm really starting to like him now.

Hes a really fascinating character tbh. I never really hated him because I understand where he is coming from. There are real life coaches like him as well. Sure we all hated what he said about the team but now he's changed. At first he said Eijun was useless but that was because Eijun was in a slump. Ochiai is a very logical and technical coach and he fits perfectly beside Kataoka because Kataoka is the opposite of him

Maybe hate is a wrong word to use considering it is pretty strong word. And I do agree that Ochiai is interesting character and he has made some better moves lately compared to the coach (and taught the team some pretty neat techniques + tips). However, he almost destroyed Sawamura's form, but that was long ago and he got better so I guess it's alright.
Jul 27, 2019 9:47 PM
Feb 2016
Kulta said:

Maybe hate is a wrong word to use considering it is pretty strong word. And I do agree that Ochiai is interesting character and he has made some better moves lately compared to the coach (and taught the team some pretty neat techniques + tips). However, he almost destroyed Sawamura's form, but that was long ago and he got better so I guess it's alright.

hate is a strong word but thats the word fans use a lot when they talk about Ochiai and Furuya.
I still don't like Ochiai as a person to this day but as a character he is always very intriguing to watch. and yes, he got better, him teaching the changeup to Eijun was also big help. deserves a lot of credit
Jul 27, 2019 11:59 PM
Apr 2018
phantomfandom said:
I actually quite like the fast pace of first half episode, but Miyuki flashback is definitely just a cost-saving and has no other explanation. I already miss Masamune Hongo's duck face!

The guy had major role in first 2 seasons(this season will be his last) , they were just adding the feels
Jul 30, 2019 6:50 AM

Dec 2008
Narumiya is just so unstoppable! The small but terrible player lmao eue;;
I really felt this pain on the last scene when Miyuki said he only has 3 months left and I'm just---- ugh my precious ;;;;;
Jul 31, 2019 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
Going to be a sad moment when Miyuki graduates.
Aug 3, 2019 3:39 PM

Oct 2016
I hateeeeeeeee the narrator it's sooooooo shit and such a mood killer it sucksssssss just leave the music on x.x And why did they change Eiju's lines to Haruichi? in the manga he says "the ace has to be cool right" Furthermore, why out of the whole anime the best animated scene was Kazuya standing on the hill??? Please use the budget for the matches .... and wow 10mins of wasted flash backs .......... this episode sucked
Dec 20, 2019 7:12 PM

Sep 2018
I really like it when Mukai stick his tongue out lol cutiee!
Teito's catcher looks too old!

Eijun is too serious now ;( less comedy acts on him huhu

Huh? Why 3 months only? Miyuki is still 3rd year right?
Jul 3, 2021 5:19 AM
Jan 2019
Yes, Miyuki, just break my heart more with your last sentence TwT I don't need it anymore, right, goooosh... and also give Sawamura the Ace number already... ffs, Furuya getting on my nerves since episode one and everybody else who is praising him despite doing shit job too... why not switch him out when you still have some time to save the game.. oh yea - he needs to "grow as Ace" ... yea, but he is NOT the only MC, why he has so much spotlight this season - for me to hate him even more? ... oh wait, who is Sawamura? .. right? -_-

lemme just rage in the comment section for once, I reeeeeeally needed to get this off my heart lol
Nov 3, 2021 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
Props to Ochiai for talking about Kataoka's mistake on prioritising ace Furuya over the team where he even recognised his own hypocrisy. Its sad to think only 3 months are left for Miyuki, Kuramochi and the other third years especially Kawakami who got barely any playtime.

May 9, 2022 5:51 PM

May 2021
I'm liking Ochiai now and wish him to never leave Seido :) (I mean coach will usually leave and change school whatsoever but the point is to show this is how much I like him)

We all know Sawamura is ready to be the ace. Just need to wait for it for who knows when.

Miyuki's moment towards the end is saddening. I don't care if it's just flashback or just "cost-saving" or whatever anyone might say. I think those flashbacks are needed, and they definitely bring the feels, plus the emotional music. Times flew so fast :'(

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Jul 18, 2023 8:16 PM

Aug 2019
Dude looks older than 30, has somebody check his birth certificate.

Eijun has no time to waste, I like how analytical he is of himself as always.

Oh my gosh Miyuki realizing how much Eijun has improved. Also, how he is ace material, after all this time they finally looked at him and acknowledge his skills.

Three months? We only have three months with him.
Aug 16, 2023 7:07 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damnnnn only 3 months left that’s crazyyyy

They haven’t even reached their full potential yet!! Will Sawamura become the ace while Miyuki is still around or not? Jeez. You didn’t think it’d turn out like that after the first ep of this whole show haha
Aug 31, 2023 11:07 AM
May 2020
When an episode's title isn't apparent until the end of the episode...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.