Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that you want to start watching but have a lot of episodes

New
Jun 28, 2019 3:54 PM

Jun 2016
There's a lot of anime with a lot of episodes and recently I've been really wanting to get into the Aikatsu and Precure franchise. I just finished the spin-off series ''Aikatsu Friends!'' first season that consists of 50 episodes and I want to watch the first Aikatsu, but it's like... 178 episodes, which is a lot for me. And precure just has a buuunch of seasons
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2019 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
michiko and hatchin
carole and tuesday
tiger and bunny
spice and wolf

im starting to see a pattern here...
Jun 28, 2019 4:08 PM

Jun 2019
If Noragami ever returns for a third season now that the manga has resumed, and goes on from there to a fourth, fifth, and so on, assuming it remains at its current level of high quality, don't you think you could get into watching those?

A lot of shows I've been watching more recently have been shorter, like 12 - 26 episodes, just because that's how a lot of them are made, but if the premise, world, and characters are interesting enough and you really love the show, what's wrong with a long series? I'd argue it's preferable. Inuyasha had 193 episodes and I wish there were 193 more. If I truly loved a show, it could go on for 1,000 episodes assuming everything in it remains stellar.
Jun 28, 2019 4:10 PM

Jun 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
If Noragami ever returns for a third season now that the manga has resumed, and goes on from there to a fourth, fifth, and so on, assuming it remains at its current level of high quality, don't you think you could get into watching those?

A lot of shows I've been watching more recently have been shorter, like 12 - 26 episodes, just because that's how a lot of them are made, but if the premise, world, and characters are interesting enough and you really love the show, what's wrong with a long series? I'd argue it's preferable. Inuyasha had 193 episodes and I wish there were 193 more. If I truly loved a show, it could go on for 1,000 episodes assuming everything in it remains stellar.

You have a really good point, but I'm thinking more about the shows that I don't know yet if I'll like them or not.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jun 28, 2019 4:14 PM

Apr 2018
I got a few on the back-burner 'till i'm done with some of the shorter series:

Hunter X Hunter (both original and 2011 versions add up to a lot of Eps.)
Eureka Seven
Yu Yu Hakusho
Monster
JoJo
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Full Metal Panic!
Gintama

I also have One Piece on-hold for the moment but, for obvious reasons, it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to get back into it.
Stygian_PrisonerJun 28, 2019 5:26 PM
Jun 28, 2019 4:45 PM

May 2014
I think an anime being long is only a bad thing if you don't enjoy watching it. Personally i look forward to trying anime that have a lot of episodes, because if it's a good show, that's a lot of episodes for me to enjoy.
Jun 28, 2019 4:49 PM

Apr 2015
Gintama
Natsume's Book of Friends
One Piece
Yu Yu Hakusho
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 28, 2019 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
Every anime on my PtW list that are over 26 episodes. Or almost all of them.
Jun 28, 2019 4:52 PM

Apr 2017
Gintama and Aikatsu (I actually started this already, but it's been on hold for a long time now). Otherwise there are currently no long show that I have any interest in.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Jun 28, 2019 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
Gintama, i've seen clips of it on youtube and want to watch but holy hell like over 350 ep with all sequels combined? I think i can only start from the middle and pick up the pace from there someday.

One Piece has the most eps i believe but gladly i have no interest with it.
Jun 28, 2019 4:54 PM

Jul 2017
+1 for HxH 2011, only got around ~40 eps in before I was like nop gonna have to wait for a bit

Other than that, long-running shounen's really like Naruto and Bleach.

Oct 2017
Honestly, too many episodes makes me not want to watch stuff so I don't have this problem. I flat out refuse to believe a show can keep a storyline refreshing and interesting for 500+ episodes. Nuh uh. Not touching that.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom

Apr 2017
I want to watch Gintama but it is way too long. I don't have a copy of it.
Jun 28, 2019 4:58 PM

Aug 2018
I always wanted to watch Yuu☆Yuu☆Hakusho but man there is too much ep , hm maybe one day

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Jun 28, 2019 5:02 PM

Jun 2019
Yaboku said:
WatchTillTandava said:

You have a really good point, but I'm thinking more about the shows that I don't know yet if I'll like them or not.

Yes, for that reason I've put a couple of shows on my watch list with somewhat longer runs (HunterxHunter 1999 and Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood notably, which aren't even that long) more with a mental note of putting them there for last or toward the last while I get through some of the shorter series first, as another poster mentioned in the thread.

I think the only thing you can do is like with any series regardless of length, watch at least one if not a few episodes and assess your interest level from there. And your interest level will have to be sufficiently higher than it would necessarily for a 12 episode show because you're in for a much longer journey.
Jun 28, 2019 5:06 PM

Oct 2018
I always wanted to watch Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and Monster.

Jun 28, 2019 5:11 PM

Jan 2009
i got old and now a days i can only watch long running anime if they are an ongoing show since watching 1 episode of that long show per week is good for me

but i get overwhelmed to finished long running anime by just thinking of how much episodes i will have to watch in a row

it sounds irrational but meh thats just how my mindset is at this point

i like to watch
One Piece
Heartcatch Precure (this is only 50 episodes so there is a chance)
Jun 28, 2019 5:12 PM

Jan 2018
its really hard for me to get back into One Piece, (even me resulting in dropping it) because I lost my interest for it.

I'd say you just need to do the usual 3 episode minimum rule and see if you are still into it.
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Jun 28, 2019 6:42 PM

Jan 2018
On my never ending road of masochism, I'm planning to watch all the long running shonen except Case Closed. So for me it's definitely Gintama and One Piece. I'd include Fairy Tail with those two but from I've already watched I'm not looking forward to it. Also, for those who've been listing Yu Yu Hakusho, please go for it. Togashi is one of the best writers in the shonen market.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jun 28, 2019 11:53 PM
Mar 2019
I wanted to start watching hunter hunter (2011) but with it being 114 or so episodes I didn’t know if it was worth it
Jun 29, 2019 12:07 AM

Aug 2018
I wanna watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood but it has got so many episodes and I'm too lazy to watch a long anime so, my bad :(
Jun 29, 2019 12:21 AM

Nov 2014
romagia said:
michiko and hatchin
carole and tuesday
tiger and bunny
spice and wolf

That's too much for you? Just barely over 20? Dear God, what you gonna do with shows like Turn A Gundam, Kemono no Souja Erin or Eureka Seve, that are 50 episodes each one? Or Monster and Hikaru no Go, that are both over 70?

In my case, Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Is not that the number turn me off (okay, maybe a little bit) and if it's as good as people says it is it wouldn't be a chore to get through it.
Jun 29, 2019 4:27 AM

Feb 2013
BlancaXLobo said:
romagia said:
michiko and hatchin
carole and tuesday
tiger and bunny
spice and wolf

That's too much for you? Just barely over 20? Dear God, what you gonna do with shows like Turn A Gundam, Kemono no Souja Erin or Eureka Seve, that are 50 episodes each one? Or Monster and Hikaru no Go, that are both over 70?

In my case, Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Is not that the number turn me off (okay, maybe a little bit) and if it's as good as people says it is it wouldn't be a chore to get through it.
whenever i think of anime with this "x and y" title format i am reminded of all others of this kind i did not watch
altogether they're longer than even monster
Jun 29, 2019 4:43 AM

Nov 2011
I don't understand why people so intimidated by a number lol.. As long as it is not dragged or repetitive story with too many unnecessary fillers, you should watch it.. It's impossible to compress stories like Legend of the Galactic Heroes or the fucking Game of Thrones to your typical 2 cour animes ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 29, 2019 4:49 AM

May 2015
Yes, the number of episodes can be intimidating but as I see it, you can start anything and stop watching anytime. If you don't like it enough, just drop it. But if you like it, then the amount of episodes will be a positive thing, you'd be very happy there's so much more to see.
Jun 29, 2019 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
I like battle shounens and I haven't seen Naruto! I'm scared of all the filler.
Jun 29, 2019 5:27 AM

Mar 2015
Everything with more than 10 episodes
Jun 29, 2019 5:34 AM

Jan 2009
this thread is proof that short anime series is enough
Jun 29, 2019 5:37 AM
Nov 2013
Aikatsu is long, but it has a way of staying fresh unlike a lot of other shows of that length because It switches the main characters once you get to episode 102. Although, it's mostly episodic in nature so if you're looking for something with a recurring story-line then you might not enjoy it. I like it because it has great music, almost all the characters are likable in their own way and their interactions are fun.

OT: I would say Lupin III, but the reason I haven't started it yet isn't because of it's length, I just have other shows I'm watching at the moment.

operationvalkyri said:
I like battle shounens and I haven't seen Naruto! I'm scared of all the filler.

Most of the filler is at the end and you can just skip it honestly. NS is a bit different since you have random filler arcs scattered throughout, but still a great series. It's a must-watch if you're a fan of battle shounen.
Jun 29, 2019 5:43 AM

Jun 2017
You don't have to binge it. Watch an episode per day or week or something...
Jun 29, 2019 5:50 AM
Dec 2017
HorizonFox said:
Gintama, i've seen clips of it on youtube and want to watch but holy hell like over 350 ep with all sequels combined? I think i can only start from the middle and pick up the pace from there someday.

One Piece has the most eps i believe but gladly i have no interest with it.

nope , Case closed ( detective conan ) have more episodes than One piece now.
also SazaeSan is now the longest running anime in history with +7000 episodes
Jun 29, 2019 5:52 AM

Jul 2011
I don't mind anime with many episodes..since I don't and can't watch them all at once..I just take my time

Jun 29, 2019 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
Ginga tetsudou 999, Pripara and YuYu Hakusho, 100+ episodes is too much unless it's excellent.
Jun 29, 2019 5:57 AM
Dec 2017
MrJoJoke said:
I wanted to start watching hunter hunter (2011) but with it being 114 or so episodes I didn’t know if it was worth it

actually HxH has 148 Episodes Without including Movies and Special episodes
Jun 29, 2019 5:59 AM
Jul 2018
Blarey said:
Most of the filler is at the end and you can just skip it honestly. NS is a bit different since you have random filler arcs scattered throughout, but still a great series. It's a must-watch if you're a fan of battle shounen.
Can one watch Naruto without having to move to NS? Does Naruto stand alone?
Jun 29, 2019 6:06 AM
Jul 2018
I have a some animes i need to watch.

Eureka Seven
Full Metal Panic
One Piece (Yes one piece -w-)
Gintama
Maybe Full Metal Alchemist
Jun 29, 2019 6:07 AM
Nov 2013
operationvalkyri said:
Blarey said:

Yeah, but you will probably end up wanting to watch it anyway since some of Naruto's biggest character development happens in NS (plus you get to see all of the characters when they're older). There's also the Pain arc, which is one of the most epic story arcs in battle shounen imo.

You can always look up "Naruto filler list" and watch only the canon episodes, that's what most people do.
Jun 29, 2019 6:09 AM
Dec 2017
operationvalkyri said:
Blarey said:

no it does not because the storie did not end in Naruto , it was an Open ending , so NS is the real ending , and BTW even in NS they chose an ending that force people to start the new serie Boruto, i'm sure the writer was against it but the studio ( pierrot) is gready and want to use naruto name for more money.
Jun 29, 2019 6:10 AM

Jul 2017
For me it's Detective Conan. I will start it one day but 900+ eps is a bit daunting.

Yaboku said:
There's a lot of anime with a lot of episodes and recently I've been really wanting to get into the Aikatsu and Precure franchise. I just finished the spin-off series ''Aikatsu Friends!'' first season that consists of 50 episodes and I want to watch the first Aikatsu, but it's like... 178 episodes, which is a lot for me. And precure just has a buuunch of seasons

Just take your time with Aikatsu it's more enjoyable that way, it took me about half a year and it was the perfect pace to watch it at. I'm doing the same with the Precure series atm too, just take your sweet time and as long as you're enjoying it you'll finish it someday.

Jun 29, 2019 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Episodic long series are out of the question (100+ episodes)
main reason I watched Doremi (210+ episodes) was because you get to know all the main and side characters from last grade school class to last middle school class
Jun 29, 2019 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
I wish I could motivate myself to finally start fairy tail, I watched the first 10 episodes and after that never continued.
Same with Cross Game.
Jun 29, 2019 6:15 AM

Jan 2016
3-Gatsu no Lion
Nana
Precure series
LOGH

Good thing I've watched Aikatsu and Aikatsu Stars. I worried that I might get bored after 50+ episodes that I would feel the need to drop it. But tbh I felt a big achievement after finishing that shows so it was totally worth it. Yes, I'm one of those who watch anime for numbers because it's fun. But still, forcing myself to watch anime I don't like is a no no.
ShinsekainoeruJun 29, 2019 6:21 AM
Jun 29, 2019 6:16 AM
Dec 2017
Attackonfiller said:
For me it's Detective Conan. I will start it one day but 900+ eps is a bit daunting.

Yaboku said:

Just take your time with Aikatsu it's more enjoyable that way, it took me about half a year and it was the perfect pace to watch it at. I'm doing the same with the Precure series atm too, just take your sweet time and as long as you're enjoying it you'll finish it someday.

Detective conan is really underrated i think it's one of the best long runing with One Piece and HxH , i watched a lot of it and i think it's enjoyable when you skip filler episodes , btw half of the show is fillers so you could skip like 400 episodes .
Jun 29, 2019 6:26 AM

Jul 2017
Yaboku said:
Detective conan is really underrated i think it's one of the best long runing with One Piece and HxH , i watched a lot of it and i think it's enjoyable when you skip filler episodes , btw half of the show is fillers so you could skip like 400 episodes .

It actually really helps to know that. I'll definitely start it a lot sooner if that's the case.

Jun 29, 2019 6:31 AM
Nov 2013
Issmail22Lawfy said:
operationvalkyri said:

no it does not because the storie did not end in Naruto , it was an Open ending , so NS is the real ending , and BTW even in NS they chose an ending that force people to start the new serie Boruto, i'm sure the writer was against it but the studio ( pierrot) is gready and want to use naruto name for more money.

Yeah you're right actually the first part is not stand-alone. Although, I would say that the series does change a lot in NS since the characters are all older and

Jun 29, 2019 6:33 AM
Jul 2018
Blarey said:
You can always look up "Naruto filler list" and watch only the canon episodes, that's what most people do.
I might just do that. Though I'll still have o muster up courage to.
Issmail22Lawfy said:
even in NS they chose an ending that force people to start the new serie Boruto
Yeah, Boruto always seemed like a blatant cash grab to me, so I sure as heck won't watch it. I've already seen the Naruto/Sasuke/Momoshiki fight on YouTube. Am all caught up.
Jun 29, 2019 6:44 AM

Oct 2014
Along with your example, Pripara is an anime I'd really like to watch but it's 192 episodes. Nana and Utena are two anime I've been wanting to watch for a long time, but they have 47 and 39 episodes respectively, which is a lot longer than I'm used to. I've also thought of watching Space Brothers, but at 99 episodes I'm not sure if I will. Hunter x Hunter 2011 isn't really one I particularly want to watch, but I've been recommended it by a lot of people and would like to say that I've seen it. It's 148 episodes, though, so that's going to be hard to do.
Jun 29, 2019 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
More like what shows are you watching that you are having hard time finishing because there are too many episodes. Monster and 3-gatsu no Lion. I don't dislike either but when I see more than 24 episodes I feel overwhelmed. As far as something new that I haven't already started, uuhh nothing yet.
Jun 29, 2019 7:03 AM

Jan 2017
operationvalkyri said:
Blarey said:
I might just do that. Though I'll still have o muster up courage to.
Issmail22Lawfy said:
even in NS they chose an ending that force people to start the new serie Boruto
Yeah, Boruto always seemed like a blatant cash grab to me, so I sure as heck won't watch it. I've already seen the Naruto/Sasuke/Momoshiki fight on YouTube. Am all caught up.
For me, Naruto franchise ended with Shippuden and Boruto is just a cash cow as u said. Dont bother with it.
Also, like the dude said, skip all the fillers except the ones which show Hitachi's past. That filler arc comes in Shippuden.

As for OP's question, One Piece is one show which i am refraining to watch right now. It will need a huge amount of time to catch up to this series. So i'm waiting for the right time to start it.
Jun 29, 2019 7:13 AM

Feb 2019
I have always wanted to watch Detective Conan because it seems interesting but then it has like, 900+ episode already...
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime that ended terribly

ST63LTH - Today

26 by Kruszer »»
23 minutes ago

» What is oldest decade of Anime are willing you watch?

Dragevard - Yesterday

41 by CaptainKenshiro »»
26 minutes ago

» If all the characters in your Favorites (profile) were put in Boxing rings, which ones would win their fights?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

21 by Jackson1333 »»
1 hour ago

» Life or Death Comedy Anime

StoutBeer - 3 hours ago

3 by StoutBeer »»
1 hour ago

» How would you describe the Mary Sue characters and how would you like them?

RobertBobert - Today

23 by LeonhartAugust »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.