Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 21, 2019 6:50 AM

May 2018

I'm so getting this. The clutch claws is a very good addition game play to this game. Monster Hunter keeps on improving it's game play.

Iceborne looks good.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 21, 2019 7:11 AM

Dec 2014
I'm super excited for Iceborne but I play on PC so the wait is gonna be longer. :(
However, it looks like the PS4 open beta for non PS plus users is next week so I'll definitely try it out then.

The Longsword's Iai Spirit Slash has me crazy excited for more anime MHW moments. XD
Jun 21, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2009
I was planning to skip this one out for a while since I'm so burned out on the game last year, but looks like the expansion added way more things that I initially thought. Particularly hyped for the return of good ol' Tigrex.

Time to revive my Whatsapp hunting group and call my high school buddies back for more all-nighters :^)
Jun 21, 2019 9:39 AM

Jan 2019
I just hope they remove the limits on how many custom bullets you can carry, that change was complete B.S.

Also, bring black traditional Blood Arts and the Blast Gun please.
Jun 21, 2019 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
I still play this game on and off.

Been experimenting with different builds. The expansion trailers got me hyped again recently especially with the amount of content they've shown.
Jun 21, 2019 6:08 PM

Sep 2014
Might skip this, ever since they introduced Behemoth, my ego was shot to dust.
Jun 22, 2019 10:23 AM
Feb 2016
Can you play MHW solo offline? I don't have PS+/Xbox Live for the consoles that I do own it for. I've heard good things about it though, but if it's online-only then I just don't have the dosh for it.

Jun 22, 2019 10:25 AM

May 2018
_Sofi_ said:
Can you play MHW solo offline? I don't have PS+/Xbox Live for the consoles that I do own it for. I've heard good things about it though, but if it's online-only then I just don't have the dosh for it.

Yes you can solo the game offline all the way to end credits and most probably this Iceborne too. It's not like For Honor where you need PS Plus to play it.
Jun 22, 2019 10:32 AM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
_Sofi_ said:

Yes you can solo the game offline all the way to end credits and most probably this Iceborne too.

This, but don't forget that the monster's health is increased when there are people playing in a group.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jun 22, 2019 10:35 AM
Feb 2016
Gorochu said:
_Sofi_ said:

Yes you can solo the game offline all the way to end credits and most probably this Iceborne too. It's not like For Honor where you need PS Plus to play it.

Ohh, that's good to hear. I'll prolly pick it up at some point then once I have a job plus done whittling away at my backlog.

Jun 22, 2019 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
I heard that MHW is the "casual" version of MH. Is that true?
I tried the "non casual" versions and all I could think of is, why exactly am I forced into animations without being able to cancel? Why is everything so slow?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 22, 2019 4:13 PM

Dec 2014
Elegade said:

He isn't too hard once you get used to him, I've soloed him with LS and completely destroyed him with my friends. Extreme Behemoth is a whole different story though, we still haven't beaten him as a group yet. :|
Jun 22, 2019 11:03 PM

Sep 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
Elegade said:

He isn't too hard once you get used to him, I've soloed him with LS and completely destroyed him with my friends. Extreme Behemoth is a whole different story though, we still haven't beaten him as a group yet. :|

30+ times I fought him, and 30 times I lost, either with friends or randoms. I can pretty much beat anything in that game aside from Behemoth, he is my Kryptonite. Fuck the guy who decided that his AOE is the entire map.
Jun 23, 2019 4:32 AM

Jul 2009
Immahnoob said:
I tried the "non casual" versions and all I could think of is, why exactly am I forced into animations without being able to cancel? Why is everything so slow?

It's definitely easier than past MH games, but mainly because there are so many new helpful gameplay mechanics (as opposed to Capcom nerfing the difficulty). For example, tracking monsters is way simpler now, and the revamped online system allows you to request help from other players anytime you're in a pinch.

The lack of ability to cancel attacks and slow animations have always been a series staple. The combat pacing is much slower and controlled than that of most other Japanese ARPGs, such as God Eater.
Jun 23, 2019 5:37 AM

May 2018
Skittles said:
Immahnoob said:

It's definitely easier than past MH games, but mainly because there are so many new helpful gameplay mechanics (as opposed to Capcom nerfing the difficulty). For example, tracking monsters is way simpler now, and the revamped online system allows you to request help from other players anytime you're in a pinch.

The lack of ability to cancel attacks and slow animations have always been a series staple. The combat pacing is much slower and controlled than that of most other Japanese ARPGs, such as God Eater.

Not to mention monsters no longer gang up on you. Instead they fought each other.
Jun 28, 2019 5:29 AM

Dec 2014
Iceborne beta is up now for all PS4 owners. You don't need PS+ nor the base game. :)

Elegade said:
Lelouch0202 said:

30+ times I fought him, and 30 times I lost, either with friends or randoms. I can pretty much beat anything in that game aside from Behemoth, he is my Kryptonite. Fuck the guy who decided that his AOE is the entire map.

What kind of gear are you running? It's generally recommended to have at least 450 and ideally over 500 defense to avoid losing most of your HP from a single attack. If you're on PC and still interested in playing, I wouldn't mind helping you out.
Lelouch0202Jun 28, 2019 5:33 AM
Jun 29, 2019 3:13 AM

Apr 2012
Skittles said:
Immahnoob said:

Then I really see no reason to play this honestly. It's "hard" because of bad mechanics.

Autocrat said:
Jun 29, 2019 4:55 AM

Dec 2015
Immahnoob said:
Skittles said:

Then I really see no reason to play this honestly. It's "hard" because of bad mechanics.

No single monster hunter game is bad. If it's too slow for you then you might have a shorter than normal attention span. Then I'd suggest something like Dark Souls. Coming from Monster Hunter though Dark souls 3 was very easy.

MHW in particular changed all the "bad" mechanics the previous game had, so it is in no way hard because of mechanics. Actually, it's easy as fuk mainly because they simplified lots of stuff ( armor combos ) and there's no G-rank and guild quests. I heard the Iceborne expansion will add Master rank though which is similar to G-rank.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2019 5:01 AM

Apr 2012
Accendino said:

No single monster hunter game is bad. If it's too slow for you then you might have a shorter than normal attention span.
Attention span has nothing to do with not enjoying slow as fuck combat.
MHW in particular changed all the "bad" mechanics the previous game had, so it is in no way hard because of mechanics.
If cancelling is still impossible, they didn't, the skill ceiling is still far too low but still far too annoying to reach.

When will we ever have a single player game with proper raid mechanics?

Autocrat said:
Jun 29, 2019 5:25 AM

Dec 2015
Immahnoob said:
Accendino said:

No single monster hunter game is bad. If it's too slow for you then you might have a shorter than normal attention span.
Attention span has nothing to do with not enjoying slow as fuck combat.
MHW in particular changed all the "bad" mechanics the previous game had, so it is in no way hard because of mechanics.
If cancelling is still impossible, they didn't, the skill ceiling is still far too low but still far too annoying to reach.

When will we ever have a single player game with proper raid mechanics?

Your character's hits are heavy thus you need to know the monster well enough to search for openings. It's not slow, it's unforgiving. Especially in LVL 140 guild quests with monsters one-two shotting you with top-tier armor.

And tbh I'm not a fan of slow weapons too. I'm ( was, I haven't bought MHW yet ) a Dual Blades main, they are the quickest weapons in the game and you can cancel most attacks, they felt even better than DS3 dual blades.
Perhaps you didn't try the game enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2019 7:31 PM

Apr 2015
Confirmed monsters:

-Nargacuga
-Barioth
-Shrieking Legiana
-Banbaro
-Beotodus
-Tigrex
-Glavenous
-Fulgur Anjanath (thunder element)
-Ebony Odogaron (dragon element)
-Velkhana (Elder Dragon)

And Brachydios was teased at the of another recently released trailer.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 14, 2019 9:56 PM

Aug 2009
Kind of a bummer that I'll have to wait a bit for the PC version. But I like playing the game at a good frame rate, so...

Jul 14, 2019 10:21 PM

Oct 2012
I've put almost 400 hours into the PS4 version and probably the best fun I've had since this is my first MH game.

Jul 16, 2019 6:53 AM

May 2018
How Capcom Made Velkhana's Sounds And Iceborne's Music

Jul 22, 2019 9:21 AM

Sep 2017
I'm quite hyped for the expansion, especially since some monsters like the Glavenus and the Brachydios are coming back

I still hope for some of my favs to return too, like the Zinogre, the Gore Magala or, for the troll, the Rajang and the Plesioth

However the expansion is still a little too expansive
Jul 24, 2019 7:05 AM

May 2018
Jul 26, 2019 3:03 AM

Jun 2016
I play on PC so my wait will be longer, but I actually stopped playing because I got bored of the same environments over and over again.

I'm glad to see they're finally addressing this, and it looks like it's going to be cool and different from the others.
Jul 27, 2019 6:20 AM

Sep 2017
Still sad they didn't remake the Misty Peaks in HD, that would have been gorgeous
Jul 27, 2019 8:24 AM

Apr 2015
Vorpality said:
I play on PC so my wait will be longer, but I actually stopped playing because I got bored of the same environments over and over again.

I'm glad to see they're finally addressing this, and it looks like it's going to be cool and different from the others.

It's also been confirmed Hoarfrost Reach is the biggest area in the game.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 31, 2019 11:17 AM

Apr 2015
Three new subspecies were revealed:

-Coral Pukei Pukei (most likely water)
-Viper Tobi-Kadachi (poison)
-Nightshade Palolumu (sleep)
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 31, 2019 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
Can't wait to join everyone in 2020! (PC player)
Aug 3, 2019 7:18 AM

Mar 2018
if they announce any more monsters i really hope the zinogre thing is official and not just speculation, also more elder dragons and not just 1 main one we already saw
Aug 3, 2019 9:18 AM

May 2018
SKyEsanity said:
if they announce any more monsters i really hope the zinogre thing is official and not just speculation, also more elder dragons and not just 1 main one we already saw

Wait there's more elder dragons? This DLC is going to be so worth it.
Aug 4, 2019 2:53 AM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
SKyEsanity said:

Wait there's more elder dragons? This DLC is going to be so worth it.

It's not confirmed at the moment, people are speculating a Water element Elder Dragon, but I doubt it, Ruiner Nergigante is however, a variant that's been confirmed through PSN trophies list.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Aug 15, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2013
I'll have to join you guys in 2020 because of the PC delay.
Aug 21, 2019 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
New one hour dev diary is out, lots of new info. Mostly QOL improvements, nerfs and buffs, pendants for weapon customization, new Velkhana trailer, and new water Elder Dragon, Namielle shown.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Aug 22, 2019 12:02 AM

Jun 2016
RealMTL said:
I'll have to join you guys in 2020 because of the PC delay.

PC Master race handicap.
Aug 23, 2019 5:12 AM

May 2018

Monsters commercial. Really can't wait to hunt all these monsters.
Aug 24, 2019 10:47 AM

Nov 2011
Anyone have a TLDR version of all the new monsters (including variants) and how many of them in Iceborne?
Aug 24, 2019 10:55 AM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:
Anyone have a TLDR version of all the new monsters (including variants) and how many of them in Iceborne?

-Nargacuga
-Barrioth
-Shrieking Legiana
-Banbaro
-Beotodus
-Tigrex
-Acidic Glavenus
-Glavenous
-Brachydios
-Yian Garuga
-Viper Tobi Kadachi (poison)
-Coral Pukei Pukei (water)
-Fulgur Anjanath (thunder element)
-Ebony Odogaron (dragon element)
-Velkhana (Elder Dragon)
-Namielle (Elder Dragon)
-Ruiner Nergigante
-Old Everwyrm
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Aug 25, 2019 6:14 AM

Apr 2016
I’m really excited for this. “World” was a really good game, I played it for a lot of time and this seems to be bigger than the base game, so I’m waiting for it.
Aug 25, 2019 9:13 AM

Sep 2017
Yian Garuga ?

Wasn't my number 1 hope, but it's gonna be fun anyways

Still really hope for Magala, Rajang and Zinogre however
Aug 26, 2019 8:01 PM

Apr 2015
HectorBlaze said:
I’m really excited for this. “World” was a really good game, I played it for a lot of time and this seems to be bigger than the base game, so I’m waiting for it.

Yup, Iceborne's locale, Hoarfrost Reach, is the largest locale in the game. More area's of the map will open up as you progress through the DLC's story. Not sure if it's true, but I recall some people mentioning not all the planned monster's have been revealed.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Aug 27, 2019 5:42 PM

Apr 2016
Tropisch said:
HectorBlaze said:

Yup, Iceborne's locale, Hoarfrost Reach, is the largest locale in the game. More area's of the map will open up as you progress through the DLC's story. Not sure if it's true, but I recall some people mentioning not all the planned monster's have been revealed.

Yes, and this is great.
Probably they haven’t revealed all the new monsters, I hope it’s like that.
Aug 29, 2019 9:31 AM

May 2009
For everyone who was hoping for Zinogre, they launched a new trailer today:

Aug 29, 2019 1:21 PM

May 2016
I would be more excited for zinogre but I was already spoiled when someone on reddit spoiled one of zinogres longsword weapons without tagging spoiler.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
Aug 29, 2019 4:20 PM

May 2018
This dlc just keeps getting better and better.
Aug 29, 2019 6:11 PM

Apr 2015
Don't know how to post direct links or whatever, but PS posted the male armor set and a weapon on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1167090253871681536
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 3, 2019 4:50 AM

May 2018

Rajang is here.

Zinogre,Tigrex,Brachydios, Nargacuga, Glavenus and now Rajang. What a strong line up.
Papa_ScorchSep 3, 2019 4:56 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

29 by _Nette_ »»
6 minutes ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Today

1 by Zettaiken »»
18 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3510 by rurina-chan »»
3 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

13 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
9 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

51 by juanlqr »»
Today, 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.