Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2019 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode, I have to give it to AoT that it actually made me think for a few seconds that Armin would die. But in the end it was Erwin's time to go and Armin became the colossal titan. The only thing I'm made about is that Reiner managed to get away again after they hesitated to kill him again...
Next episode we'll finally see what's in the damn basement.
Jun 3, 2019 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
Bitch
What a difficult decision to make... I thought I wanted Armin to survive the most, but when Erwin died... Levi's face... Ugh. I guess I understand why some people thought Levi was actually in love with Erwin somehow.
Now Armin is the Colossal Titan............. whot
Aaaaand Reiner survived. Bitch.
Jun 3, 2019 3:28 PM
May 2019
Posting this here cause the other thread got deleted...

The thing that gets me is like these people look down and shit on AoT for things like bad character development and not being complex??? but then have shit like NGNL or Clannad AS listed as their top anime.

I feel like their opinions are greatly influenced by anything youtubers say like they probably started hating SAO cause that became a popular thing to do.

A lot of subtle qualities about AoT (like character development) are missed because it doesn't bonk the viewers on the head with it like a lot of the other top anime and make a big fuss over it.

Also what happened to the report downvotes thread? AoT has a lot more haters than any of the other top anime. (3x more proportionally than FMAB and Stein's Gate)
Jun 3, 2019 3:37 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I think I still liked last episode abit more, tbh I already knew the outcome of this episode before watching and same for the next episode, since I spoiled myself about the manga awhile ago (next episode is dope), but noneless, I wasnt expecting just a conflict, both sides are truth in what they were saying and it left me really divided... BUT in the end I would have choosen Erwin, an emotion decision, since I have come to like him more and more with S3 part I and now II, more so than Armin, by far.
That said, Armin surviving was the right choice from a logic point, I m sure that Erwin would have agreed, like he said on earlier episodes, Armin is the future of humanity and the Survey Corps, and I m sure he will make justice to the legacy of Erwin.
The mangaka planned this really well, RIP Erwin.

Also Zeke meeting Eren was an highlight itself, but since I never got around for the spoiler too long, I still dont think I can say I agree about Zeke true goals or what he said to Eren...

Weebover9000 said:
keragamming said:
The back and fourth discussion between Armin death between two manga readers is tiring. You guys have already set up the tone of how this thread is going to be, a big flame war.

This is basically how it went down when the chapter came out, lol

LOOL
For real, that is too funny, too good! xD
@Nim0174
@Frostbytes

Thank you both, your pointless argument made me laugh alot and was just what I needed, after just heavy episode.
You know you are taking anime too far when you guys discuss like that.
I guess this is inherited to one's personna, since you can argue both sides, and still not be correct.
My view is that despite AoT being more ground than most anime, at the end of the day, it is still an anime, and trying to see an anime and applying it our world laws past a certain point, is just losing your time tbh, same as it is arguing about probabilities like that, but never less, that was a nice laugh you guys gave me, thank you.

@Danpmss
Tas aki tbm? Lol, calma não ataques o Frostbytes assim tanto que ele é outro fã extremo do Umineko como tu, pá. xD
Honestamente, não percebo porque é que pessoas inteligentes ligam para discutir este tipo de coisas, podem passar toda a vida a argumentar de trás para a frente e nunca irão chegar a uma resposta, é uma perda de tempo.
PlaycoolJun 3, 2019 3:53 PM
Jun 3, 2019 3:42 PM
May 2016
Zoroft said:
Posting this here cause the other thread got deleted...

The thing that gets me is like these people look down and shit on AoT for things like bad character development and not being complex??? but then have shit like NGNL or Clannad AS listed as their top anime.

I feel like their opinions are greatly influenced by anything youtubers say like they probably started hating SAO cause that became a popular thing to do.

A lot of subtle qualities about AoT (like character development) are missed because it doesn't bonk the viewers on the head with it like a lot of the other top anime and make a big fuss over it.

Also what happened to the report downvotes thread? AoT has a lot more haters than any of the other top anime. (3x more proportionally than FMAB and Stein's Gate)

I think people aren't used to more nuanced writing/storytelling with an actual longer length in mind considering the average length of a show these years. There's so much subtle characterization of the cast that make them all feel human, even moreso as the series goes on to the point where black/white morality has entirely disappeared with every character being grey to some degree. It's rare to see a series go on for so long to let these sorts of developments happen naturally, so much payoff was accomplished in the past few eps already after being built up since the first season.
Jun 3, 2019 4:00 PM

Feb 2017
damn im really sad :( im really gonna miss erwin,, rest in peace :,((

i cant lie though, i do feel like levi saving armin was better. because armin's already done so much for everyone (erwin's done a lot for everyone too, i dont wanna disregard that) and i feel like he'll just become stronger and more confident, and eventually turn into a great leader some day - perhaps following in erwin's footsteps???? he's still young too so he has a lot of potential. but seeing erwin die broke my heart. erwin was such an amazing, motivated, well-spoken, and confident leader who essentially gave up his life to protect everyone else (or just everyone who survived), but i feel like he was ready to die. he did say he wanted to see the basement and it makes me sad thinking he died before he could ever could. and he won't even be able to see humanity rise over the titans (which i hope happens (no spoilers pls)). ugh a lot of feels this episode but really really enjoying the second half of the season so far. super excited for next episode too because i've been dying to learn more about the basement ever since i saw the manga spoilers :,,)

placeholder text
Jun 3, 2019 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
Nim0174 said:
@Adnash93 if u got spoiled by Halperin i can tell you no need to worry because 1 out of the 3 things he wrote isn't true, or rather hasn't been resolved yet

Oh, really? Good to know! While I've already known about 2nd spoiler mentioned in that post (accidentally YouTube recommended me one guy reacting to certain manga's chapter and in the title this main event was spoiled, lol), I haven't about the others. Mostly spoiler number 1 was something that could rustle my jimmies, because the event behind it was significant to the story, at least from my point of view as for I like the character who was mentioned in that spoiler.

Thank you for clarifying. I also want to thank one user that anwered to my post, but deleted his reply. I read it before you deleted it, but I haven't got time to write a post back then. I forgot your nick, but I would like to thank you as well. :-)
Jun 3, 2019 4:31 PM
Dec 2017
For a moment I almost cried because he was going to kill armin, not that i don't like erwin but my boy armin can't die like that
Jun 3, 2019 5:13 PM

Jan 2016
Definitely one of the more gripping episodes. Although, there was so much plot armour with the cast I couldn't ignore. The argument between the Survey Corp was fantastic, easily one of my favourite scenes in the show and the voice acting and music were perfectly timed. The episode was also really well directed, so much emphasis placed on this moment and the characters. Quality episode. One of the best for sure.

4.5/5.
Jun 3, 2019 5:35 PM

Jun 2015
it always made me sad that erwin has always had an incomplete story with his dreams and ambitions, or what little you can think of his being, not done and fulfilled. i think it adds on a lot more though.
my boy moblit deserves more recognition for saving best girl hange though
also fuck floch
Jun 3, 2019 5:47 PM
Mar 2017
Funseco said:
Graymanes said:
Why does everyone here complaining about armin survived even though it didnt make any sense,if you guys arguing over something like this that means you guys are nothing but an idiots who tries to think logically so people will either praise your logical explanation or denied them.Like come on guys this is just a story that wasnt based on real life or any logical explanation its just an anime that purposedly to entertain us not to debating how their plot story goes on.Final words from me for those who complaining a lot about how does this story goes just ignored them they are nothing but a bunch of idiots and im sorry if i offended some of you but please try to enjoy the show and stop debating.

This week they complain. Next week they acclaim. Just get over it.
What matters is the opinion after episode 10.

I agreed with what you are saying man just keep open minded and see how the story will goes on from now.sit back and enjoy the show and stop debating.
Jun 3, 2019 5:49 PM

Jan 2012
I knew that this was going to be a special episode with no OP theme.
There's no way anyone can make that choice because there are no right answer.
I'm sure that we can nit pick this episode to death but I was so immersed with the whole experience.
It's been a while since I felt that way.

Well done Armin!
NoobHunterDJun 3, 2019 5:55 PM
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 3, 2019 5:50 PM
Dec 2018
This is easily one of the best episodes yet, it was so intense and the voice acting was incredible. Can't wait for the rest of this season.
Jun 3, 2019 5:52 PM
Nov 2018
Just loved how it was handled. Read the manga but this was still so powerful,

Loved how brutal they made berthild’s death. We weren’t spared the inhumanity of this war.
Jun 3, 2019 5:58 PM
Mar 2017
Eyal_Oged said:
Graymanes said:
Why does everyone here complaining about armin survived even though it didnt make any sense,if you guys arguing over something like this that means you guys are nothing but an idiots who tries to think logically so people will either praise your logical explanation or denied them.Like come on guys this is just a story that wasnt based on real life or any logical explanation its just an anime that purposedly to entertain us not to debating how their plot story goes on.Final words from me for those who complaining a lot about how does this story goes just ignored them they are nothing but a bunch of idiots and im sorry if i offended some of you but please try to enjoy the show and stop debating.

That's a lot, take it easy there, start by questioning it in case there is more than what you can see.

I'll explain. This is a common thing. The general audience tends not to care much about sense as long as it's entertaining, and it does raise a question that if it's fun then why should we think?

And the answer I've got to that is that once you start considering things this way, while we watch, we don't just sit back, we think of all possible options for the upcoming future in the show and plot options run in our head, experiencing it like the characters. It affects the way we feel about things. It makes things affect me much more, as in, ye people get super hype, but I think the feelings I started getting are much deeper, I bail my eyes out for example, like wouldn't happen before, and the depth to which I understand them many times makes them stay with me for a lot longer and follow me in my thoughts and actually serve as support when I try to understand things in my life, they can remind me feelings or conclusions I felt from experiencing the story and help me understand, while before I started being like that I would get hype but forget the things I was hyped about easily - cause most of what I had was just hype.
The hype went in the same pace that it came. No buildup, no depth, no stay.

Stories aren't just entertainment - they convey emotions and thoughts,. If we feel a show doesn't treat that seriously, we want to look for something else to watch

Besides - after watching a lot of anime, I would actually feel kinda bad for someone who just watches bullshit anybody could make up that's all the same ol nonsense no thinking behind this no innovation or anything mind opening - and just sit there and watch it mindlessly the same way he watched the first one. At some point you've seen too much of this and you want more and you can't take it seriously when you realize you're seeing the same shit painted with different colors.
so what is your point is that you liked to guess what will happened in the next plot of this SnK story.well to be honest man i liked guessing plots of a story as well but i tend to be much more open minded than most peoples here that complain about how armin survived.its just story of a fantasy world and yeah ofc a coincidence that didnt make any sense could happened at any times.so sit back and enjoy the show.
Jun 3, 2019 6:12 PM

Oct 2013
Rest in Peace to the greatest commander of all time in anime. Armin will have to prove himself once again that reviving him was the right move. And thank god it was Levi who decided it, else I wouldn't have agreed with it since he was the closest with Erwin.

Jun 3, 2019 6:15 PM

Mar 2016
For those mad that Armin survived the fall, the answer is

That is my theory.
azertz99Jun 3, 2019 6:19 PM
Jun 3, 2019 6:50 PM
May 2019
حلقة رائعه وتصادم مشاعر💔
Jun 3, 2019 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
CondemneDio said:
Danpmss said:

Not really, Armin should be the one guaranteed to survive until the end, since he is the narrator from the very start...

So yeah, considering that, I would reconsider the argument itself.

That's a pretty weak argument. Narrators have no bearing in the lore of the series itself.

The narration part is just my own especulation, and it will change soon enough tbh

Consider my actual argument the spoiler portion really.
Jun 3, 2019 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
BestBoiEren said:
Danpmss said:

Not really, Armin should be the one guaranteed to survive until the end, since he is the narrator from the very start...

So yeah, considering that, I would reconsider the argument itself.

I think the narrator voice is an anime only thing, and it doesnt really guarantee Armin surviving until the end.

Narration is also a thing in the manga, but it goes for most part neutral without you really knowing who is doing it. There must be a reason for them to choose Armin, but beyond that it's all theory hunting haha

And a great point, that journal being narrated by some other character about Ymir that has been read by Hange was about someone who eventually died, so indeed, there's no guarantee of anyone being alive by the end (if anything, Armin's notebook or something is being read by someone else if that's indeed the case).
Jun 3, 2019 7:16 PM
Mar 2015
Should have let both of them die and let Eren eat Reiner
Jun 3, 2019 8:49 PM
Aug 2018
Hekselka said:
Manga reader here

Where did the episode end?

With Armin turning human again.
Jun 3, 2019 9:14 PM
Oct 2007
What a turn of event! My eyes got slightly watery once again this week thinking that Levi would actually choose Erwin over Armin to revive. I was actually quite surprised that Levi managed to change his mind at the last moment since I personally believe his mental state rely a lot of Erwin. But that itself is probably also the very thing that made him decide firmly towards the end. @attacktitan_01 sums it all up very nicely in my opinion. Levi is perfect for the Commander role no doubt but I think Hange would take up that position instead.

I have mentioned this before but I think a lot of the general readers/watchers are undermining human's will. There's just no logic to it. Some people are deemed to die way earlier according to science but yet they survive which doctors can't explain eventually. The will to survive and see all your love one before you go, the will to survive even because if you want to eat more delicious food in this world, and so on. Why humans being could survive being stranded alone in the sea, jungle, after losing excessive blood, etc for so long. Simply because they have very strong will to live on.

Science and logic also deemed some of those events that @Nim0174 pointed out would have almost zero survivability. Coupled that with "miracle" and I don't even want to go into that.. It makes total sense to me why Armin survived and how some of the other shonen characters survive as well. The execution by the Directors, Leads and VAs were almost perfect in this episode. Can't wait for the "truth" next week!! Non-manga reader here :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2019 9:15 PM
Oct 2014
This episode made my heart get very small indeed. Needed to pause several times until they decided who to save
Jun 3, 2019 9:43 PM

Jan 2015
i teared up watching this episode. excellent execution. what a fucked up decision levi had to make
Jun 3, 2019 10:58 PM
Mar 2018
aLotQuestion_ said:
Can someone explain to me why he chose Armin instead of Erwin?

All Armin dream was just ocean and nothing else.

Erwin, dream of the outside the wall which obviously more than just ocean alone.
Not only that, he also wanted to prove his father was right.

I can't understand why previous episode purposely make Levi ask Erwin what was he going to do afterward and Erwin say don't know. WTF? What happen to his father's dream? What happen to his own dream? This is just stupid in my opinion, making Erwin live without purpose just to give Armin the dose and survive.
eh, when did Erwin dream of anything outside the wall? His dream has always been the basement, Armin dreamed about the ocean, which is beyond that
Jun 3, 2019 11:03 PM

Dec 2016
I need that OST that played in the closing moment
Jun 3, 2019 11:10 PM
May 2019
Frostbytes said:
Nim0174 said:

that page itself is logical fallacy
if an exception occurs it means it occured and is thefore present in reality, in either past present or future it happened once and therefore that occurence itself is logical
if you apply this to a fictional world that itself makes it logical

>in either past present or future it happened once and therefore that occurence itself is logical

totally misinterpreted and that's not the point about fallacy but okay.

>if you apply this to a fictional world that itself makes it logical

oh alright then, the one and only golden truth, everything is logical because it's fictional. Alright then, argument is over.

Next time you should debatting how an injection could turn Armin into giant.THAT IS NOT LOGIC AT ALL.

And WHY Armin hair is grown again. And why his skin is regenete. THAT MADE NO SENSE!!
Armin should die. Because that what will happen in the real world
Jun 3, 2019 11:16 PM

Jan 2019
PendragonX1 said:
Moblit Berner is dead but he saves Hange that's an OG way to go. And now Hange is snake...
That decision would have been almost impossible to choose between what both of them bring to the table

Hange is snake... :D If you think this now, just wait for S4 :D
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Jun 3, 2019 11:32 PM

May 2017
Wow. This fckin Anime is really wrenching my heart. Amazing episode again.
Jun 3, 2019 11:36 PM

Feb 2013
I was about to murder everyone within a 4 mile radius....hard episode...I cried through most of it....I'm not even ashamed to admit that.
Jun 3, 2019 11:42 PM
Jan 2018
Hiro4ka11 said:
Frostbytes said:

>in either past present or future it happened once and therefore that occurence itself is logical

totally misinterpreted and that's not the point about fallacy but okay.

>if you apply this to a fictional world that itself makes it logical

oh alright then, the one and only golden truth, everything is logical because it's fictional. Alright then, argument is over.

Next time you should debatting how an injection could turn Armin into giant.THAT IS NOT LOGIC AT ALL.

And WHY Armin hair is grown again. And why his skin is regenete. THAT MADE NO SENSE!!
Armin should die. Because that what will happen in the real world

Well This isn't real so...
Jun 3, 2019 11:48 PM
Jan 2018
Gloomy-eyes said:
aLotQuestion_ said:

Erwin, dream of the outside the wall which obviously more than just ocean alone.

I can't understand why previous episode purposely make Levi ask Erwin what was he going to do afterward and Erwin say don't know. WTF? What happen to his father's dream? What happen to his own dream? This is just stupid in my opinion, making Erwin live without purpose just to give Armin the dose and survive.
eh, when did Erwin dream of anything outside the wall? His dream has always been the basement, Armin dreamed about the ocean, which is beyond that
Gloomy-eyes said:
aLotQuestion_ said:

Yeah all that been on his mind is the basement I think . it was to prove his father was right or Something and to get the truth . Not quite sure what he would have done afterwards though
Jun 4, 2019 12:06 AM

Dec 2014
Gloomy-eyes said:

EH, go back previous season.

His father told him about outside the wall, and he was interested hence he told everyone about what his father told him.

After the tragedy, he wanted to prove his father was right and wanted to find the secret outside the wall, which is why he formed the Scout team in the first place.

Are you going to tell me, he formed the Scout team just because he wanted to go to basement?
He doesn't even know who is Eren and the basement before he form the Scout team.

Erwin:
1. Wanted to prove his father was right
2. Wanted to go outside the wall to see whatever his father told him

Armin:
1. Wanted to see ocean
Nothing else.
aLotQuestion_Jun 4, 2019 12:12 AM
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jun 4, 2019 1:18 AM

Feb 2019
I cried so hard when they were arguing over whom to revive. It was hurtful to watch.
Erwin Rip my leader.
~~ofcourse I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice~~

Jun 4, 2019 1:51 AM
Sep 2018
aLotQuestion_ said:
Gloomy-eyes said:

EH, go back previous season.

His father told him about outside the wall, and he was interested hence he told everyone about what his father told him.

After the tragedy, he wanted to prove his father was right and wanted to find the secret outside the wall, which is why he formed the Scout team in the first place.

Are you going to tell me, he formed the Scout team just because he wanted to go to basement?
He doesn't even know who is Eren and the basement before he form the Scout team.

Erwin:
1. Wanted to prove his father was right
2. Wanted to go outside the wall to see whatever his father told him

Armin:
1. Wanted to see ocean
Nothing else.

Dude you don't seem to understand, Erwin wanted to prove his father was right and to do so he wants to know the reality of their world. Now, to know the truth of their world when basement was irrelevant the only way was going outside the walls and see for themselves if other civilizations exist or not, but after they became aware of the significance of Grisha's basement and basement seem to have the information about their world there was actually no need to go outside the walls to prove his father was right, going to basement and learning the truth would have accomplished his dream. His dream was proving his father right and not proving his father right by going outside the walls.
Jun 4, 2019 2:24 AM

Apr 2018
This one episode makes history in the anime world. Feels corps
Now, the next few episodes are hype because of this.

F to that guy who carried Erwin for no reason lmao
Jun 4, 2019 3:32 AM
Jun 2017
As an anime only, i have no idea which captain levi will choose as both the sides of Hange and Eren has a point..

Erwin's leadership is excellent and has a great experience leading a team... and Levi is also close to him

Armin on the other hand is great at planning strategies.

Both are great scouts but only one has to survive. While watching i have a feeling that it will be Armin, and he did pick him up in the end.

Another great episode, the VA is phenomenal, the feeling is there and you could feel the emotions right at the scene.

If i am capatin levi i will be also having a hard time picking which one will be saved.
Jun 4, 2019 4:21 AM

May 2009
This topic emphasis the reason why MAL is a bunch of toxism. Critique is fine, I did it too in the Promised Neverland topic, but you can't argue with people who enjoy it as if your view on it is a fact.
Jun 4, 2019 4:42 AM

Jul 2016
TinYLilMuffiN said:
I cried so hard when they were arguing over whom to revive. It was hurtful to watch.
Erwin Rip my leader.

I sat there amazed at how stupid Levi is for bringing back Armin...

Erwin had to be the one saved.
Jun 4, 2019 4:53 AM
Oct 2018
Frostbytes said:
Best comedy episode, Snk always delivers with its stupid plot armours.

>Armin gets lethal burns on his entire body and falls from such a high wall, an absolutely fatal position
>"Oh but look, since he is one of the main characters, he is still barely alive and breathing!!! So get the serum!"

And hence follows the subsequent drama. Hilarious episode, even more funny that Reiner's plot armour from few episodes ago.
Why you watching this show then......
If titans can exist....So Armin van also survive!
Jun 4, 2019 5:29 AM
Aug 2018
For me it was Connie’s “goodbye, Armin” that hit the hardest
Jun 4, 2019 5:35 AM
May 2019
Shoryuuken said:
This topic emphasis the reason why MAL is a bunch of toxism. Critique is fine, I did it too in the Promised Neverland topic, but you can't argue with people who enjoy it as if your view on it is a fact.

Yeah, plus I think people forget its anime, where people surviving absurd things always happens. xD
Jun 4, 2019 6:06 AM
May 2016
Vindicater said:
TinYLilMuffiN said:
Erwin Rip my leader.

I sat there amazed at how stupid Levi is for bringing back Armin...

Erwin had to be the one saved.

Levi's reasons made sense though. Erwin just wanted to see the basement without a concrete plan afterwards, Armin had a dream beyond all the war and still had his whole life ahead of him. I think Levi's point at the end summed his choice up perfectly, Erwin had already suffered enough from everyone looking up to him as the leader, he'd finally had the chance to rest in peace, bringing him back from the dead to force him to fight again but also with the knowledge of how many people have died would've broken the man.

[spoiler] Even moreso when you consider what's actually revealed with the basement, I can't imagine how much that would've destroyed Erwin.[/spoiler[
Jun 4, 2019 6:37 AM

Feb 2010
RIP Erwin, well i agree with Levi's reason not to pick him, it's a mercy to die instead of living in that hell again

tbh i find the way Eren and Mikasa's act were annoying as hell, you're right Hange and the guy who brought Erwin.. they were not the only one who suffer, who lost someone important to them, eventough it's understandable.. i still want to slap them in the face lol.

Armin (and Erwin) miraculously survived from that and Reiner escaped death again.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 4, 2019 6:39 AM

Feb 2014
What a cinematic episode!! Great soundtracks and amazing casting.
This was the moment Eren knew his destiny.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 4, 2019 7:50 AM

Oct 2008
My take: Levi was correct in choosing Armin not only because of the stark differences in motivation driving them (vindication of worldview vs. possibilities of what lies beyond), but also because of the sheer amount of lives Armin saves vs. the amount Erwin expends.

Yes, Erwin's gambits generally end up paying off in the end, but at the ever-increasing cost to his soldiers; Armin has always factored in the human cost, and generally avoids unnecessary bloodshed. Erwin is right to view this battle as an existential one where the stakes couldn't be higher, but his core motivation is thoroughly self-serving.

Hange made a good point regarding Erwin's experience, but I think she was more pleading for her own friend than speaking to the necessity of what he brings as a commander. This loss isn't as bad as people make it out to be; she's more than capable of taking on the role of commander for the scouting legion, while keeping Armin close for his tactical ability (both as a strategist and a war asset).

Also - Erwin's character arc has been wrapped up neatly with a bow. There's still a lot more potential in Armin's story; especially with the wild ride that's about to begin.
Jun 4, 2019 8:14 AM
May 2017
Best episode of the entire show I guess. Knew it was gonna be a Rockin'season
Jun 4, 2019 8:40 AM

Feb 2018
Dangerr said:
My take: Levi was correct in choosing Armin not only because of the stark differences in motivation driving them (vindication of worldview vs. possibilities of what lies beyond), but also because of the sheer amount of lives Armin saves vs. the amount Erwin expends.

Yes, Erwin's gambits generally end up paying off in the end, but at the ever-increasing cost to his soldiers; Armin has always factored in the human cost, and generally avoids unnecessary bloodshed. Erwin is right to view this battle as an existential one where the stakes couldn't be higher, but his core motivation is thoroughly self-serving.

Hange made a good point regarding Erwin's experience, but I think she was more pleading for her own friend than speaking to the necessity of what he brings as a commander. This loss isn't as bad as people make it out to be; she's more than capable of taking on the role of commander for the scouting legion, while keeping Armin close for his tactical ability (both as a strategist and a war asset).

Also - Erwin's character arc has been wrapped up neatly with a bow. There's still a lot more potential in Armin's story; especially with the wild ride that's about to begin.

Erwin was a charismatic leader whereas Armin wasn't.
Levi didn't really choose Armin, he just let Erwin rest. He didn't bring Erwin back to the hell again as he did not want Erwin to play the role of the devil again. He freed Erwin from his enslavement.
Jun 4, 2019 8:51 AM

Oct 2008
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Erwin was a charismatic leader whereas Armin wasn't.

You're right about Erwin's charisma; that's the actual best argument for choosing him over anyone else, but I still think it's the lesser choice in the long-run, though it is certainly the more "rational" one from a soldier's perspective.

ThatShiny_Hex said:
Levi didn't really choose Armin, he just let Erwin rest. He didn't bring Erwin back to the hell again as he did not want Erwin to play the role of the devil again. He freed Erwin from his enslavement.

That's the reason Levi gave, but that's not the whole picture. Levi's "realization" upon Erwin raising his hand - his flashback's to Kenny's "drunk" speech and his eavesdropping on Armin's conversation regarding the sea - was him evaluating Erwin's and Armin's core motivations, and him realizing that Armin had more to offer humanity than his tired friend.
Pages (17) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.