Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2019 11:52 AM

Jan 2018
Awesome episode. There weren't any dull moments. I didn't even realize that the episode ended. It went by so fast.
Apr 16, 2019 11:53 AM

May 2016
RayReynolds said:
Seeing most of the reactions of the people I just concluded that

This is okay and all, except from the fact that the vast majority of us manga readers are hating this too. They made some terrible choices here, and there's problems with the execution that go further than just the animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2019 11:53 AM

Apr 2018
The fight scenes are horrible but somehow it is watchable.
Apr 16, 2019 11:54 AM

Mar 2018
Greenlandball said:
50% of the comments are still talking about One Punch Man being bad, there's nothing wrong with the anime seriously, it's so fucking good, i don't see any problems with it, why is everyone still nitpicking? just be happy it got a second season, there are lots of animes that don't even get a second season or do you guys want this to get cancelled cause of your stupid ranting
Yes I rather want no second season then a bad second season.
Apr 16, 2019 11:54 AM

Nov 2015
Daphi said:
can someone explain to me why madhouse didn't do season 2?
im confused why a different studio took up OPM
its a fucking insult

Because Overlord 2 and 3 and Marvel ( https://myanimelist.net/anime/37151/Marvel_Future_Avengers_2nd_Season )

Are more important than ONE hit wonder man
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 16, 2019 11:55 AM
Nov 2018
I didnt think this was bad at all. People need to realise that this a different entity to the first season. The jokes were good enough the fights were really good at part, but at other parts is was kinda woeful. I dont think theirs pacing issues, except i wouldve liked the fights to longer
Apr 16, 2019 11:57 AM

Oct 2018
Is it just me or did the death stares from Garou in this episode get better than Luigi's?~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 16, 2019 12:00 PM

Jan 2019
Old_School_Akira said:
Daphi said:
its a fucking insult

Because Overlord 2 and 3 and Marvel ( https://myanimelist.net/anime/37151/Marvel_Future_Avengers_2nd_Season )

what the actual fuck
one of the producers either isn't capable of predicting revenue or they were for some reason not allowed to do OPM2
Apr 16, 2019 12:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man these blind OPM fanboys are really out here defending this shitty animation lol

In terms of content, it wasn't bad at all even though they cut out a lot of scenes and backstory involving Garou and Sonic, but other than that, it was adapted well in this regards

Animation wise however, the fight vs Fubuki was meh at best (Like my god, it looks so fucking bad when compared to the manga, where is that S1 team man TwT) and I deadass could only barely see the Great Value Genos vs Sonic fight lol

Are these animators at JC Staff even trying lol?
Apr 16, 2019 12:05 PM
Dec 2013
The quality seems to get worse.... the characters are still great but I'm starting to miss old animation and effects.

the fights felt messy and dull....
Apr 16, 2019 12:06 PM

Jan 2012
god I laughed my ass off

S2 ist gettin better with every ep

Apr 16, 2019 12:06 PM
May 2016
thepath said:
It seems many hater giving this 1/5 just because they are angry about animation.

The animation does not look bad at all. Maybe not as good as season 1, but it is not bad if you compare it to most of other anime. Also, animation is not everything, are people really watching this just because of visuals ?! not because of Saitama, humor etc ?! It is like saying that I only play games only for graphics

People like you who accept totally mediocrity when we've SEEN how good anime can look like with actual care and love put into them are the reason why the anime industry is declining. Stop letting studios shovel shit into your mouth, there is 0 reason to watch this anime over reading the beautiful manga or hell even the webcomic at this point with how sloppily they're handling things. It's only going to get worse too if that rumour that by the time they aired the PV they only had 3 episodes done is true.
Apr 16, 2019 12:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Old_School_Akira said:
Daphi said:
its a fucking insult

I can understand Marvel and their millions being hard to top. But is Overlord bigger in Japan than One Punch Man? Honest question.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2019 12:13 PM

Dec 2016
Lmao the score just dropped another 0.15 in an instant XD.

This thing is dead. I really feel sorry for the fans that waited so long and got disappointed.
Apr 16, 2019 12:16 PM

Dec 2018
I got another fucking headache from this anime

The color is so bright sometime it burs your eyes ,and its ugly. People are deformed it looks wrong out of place million problems. Its a fucking joke and they should be ashamed of them self for releasing this disgrace and call it season 2

Positive things, Saitama i like him. He walks away instead of killing the beaten foe, and he dint hit the female

This train wreck can be some entertaining like a bad joke, but mostly it is just as fun as a migraine 2/10

Kill it with fire
Yuri-CrusaderApr 16, 2019 12:52 PM
Apr 16, 2019 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Still shots the animation episode 2 can't wait for more slideshows in the next eps and if it is already like that we can only expect it getting worse in later eps.
Apr 16, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2017
At this point I'm just gonna stop complaining, it's doing nothing, we can't do anything about it. Personally I don't mind the animation at this point. It's obviously horrendous compared to the first season, but I don't care anymore for fucks sake. The main thing I can't get over, though, is how stupid the metallic/robotic parts looks (ex. Genos' body.)

I got a couple laughs out of the episode at least. After this season I'll probably pick up the manga.
Apr 16, 2019 12:19 PM
Nov 2016
Volume 9 of the manga (which this episode covers) is my favorite. This episode was disappointing. When I watched it I kept thinking "what is up with all these scrolling still shots? I might as well be just reading the manga". Also, when Saitama came out of his place to greet Hellish Blizzard, they didn't include the death glare she gave when she asked "Are you messing with me?" (from the manga). That moment meant so much to the creator that he had it span 2 whole side by side pages.
redwhitenblueApr 16, 2019 12:24 PM
Apr 16, 2019 12:21 PM

Feb 2019
Zaugr said:
RayReynolds said:

This is okay and all, except from the fact that the vast majority of us manga readers are hating this too. They made some terrible choices here, and there's problems with the execution that go further than just the animation.

It's funny, when the index was ongoing, and someone pointed out some defect in the anime, always appeared a novelfag to defend the program, explaining how everything worked in the novel.
Here, on the other hand, nobody points out the comparisons with the manga to defend the adaptation.
RayReynoldsApr 16, 2019 12:31 PM
Apr 16, 2019 12:29 PM

May 2016
ayyy the fights this episode were better than the first episode. Still not as bombastic as season 1 but if the rest of the season maintains at least this level of quality it'll be pretty decent.

Apr 16, 2019 12:30 PM
Mar 2019
Genos vs Sonic was the most effort shown, wasnt that bad of a fight, but, dear god they failed on the menacing saitama still so hard I was like, what. Season 1 made that look terrifying, here it just looks..dorky. Also, OPM is known for being bloody and brutal, why the weird color censor on Blue Fires arm spewing out blood? I dont get this.
Apr 16, 2019 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like people are way overreacting about the animation. The animation is honestly fine. I enjoyed this episode quite a bit and am happy to see some new OPM stuff. It's been a while since I read these chapters in the manga so it's nice to see them animated.
Apr 16, 2019 12:37 PM

May 2016
nanidatosama97 said:
Genos vs Sonic was the most effort shown, wasnt that bad of a fight, but, dear god they failed on the menacing saitama still so hard I was like, what. Season 1 made that look terrifying, here it just looks..dorky. Also, OPM is known for being bloody and brutal, why the weird color censor on Blue Fires arm spewing out blood? I dont get this.

Might be wrong but doesn't japan usually censor excessive blood by just inverting colors? I think they did it with Tokyo ghoul too

Apr 16, 2019 12:39 PM
Mar 2019
Ponds667 said:
nanidatosama97 said:

Might be wrong but doesn't japan usually censor excessive blood by just inverting colors? I think they did it with Tokyo ghoul too

Not really, they tried censoring attack on titan in the third season but it still had a crap load amount of blood and organs spewing out
Apr 16, 2019 12:40 PM

Aug 2015
The episode was pretty fun but that fight was mostly just still images and flashing background effects lol
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 16, 2019 12:41 PM

Oct 2018
I don't find the animation as bad as everyone says it is.
It's definitely not the best, but it's not the worst either.
The sakuga is mediocre at most in my opinion, and it doesn't ruin the show as a whole for me.
This episode itself was okay.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Apr 16, 2019 12:42 PM

May 2016
nanidatosama97 said:
Ponds667 said:

Not really, they tried censoring attack on titan in the third season but it still had a crap load amount of blood and organs spewing out

ik it's just a guess as to why they might've done it. Sometimes it's done to lower the age rating but OPM s2 is still 17+ so I have no clue

Apr 16, 2019 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
To be honest I thought this was better than the first episode.
It still used a lot of still frames but at least they had some dynamic animation in this episode.
Apr 16, 2019 12:47 PM

Apr 2018
Another good OPM episode. Let the haters hate.
Fubukis character is a joke for me as for saitama.
Its funny how he doesnt give a damn about who she is.
And yes the metal parts on Genos and sonic look odd but theyre also kinda nice
GeistKJApr 16, 2019 12:58 PM

Apr 16, 2019 12:47 PM

Sep 2018
Zaugr said:
RayReynolds said:

yea they ain't watching it anymore for the story, they're just here to see the animation i mean you won't even notice those small things if you're watching it for the story, it's actually really good, people are probably watching it in 0.5 speed or even more slower just to look for the bad ones, they're just here to find the mistakes and most of them don't even read the manga but still rants even though most of it looks exactly identical to the manga
BarnaldApr 16, 2019 3:30 PM
Apr 16, 2019 12:55 PM

Apr 2018
player2aj said:
Greenlandball said:
50% of the comments are still talking about One Punch Man being bad, there's nothing wrong with the anime seriously, it's so fucking good, i don't see any problems with it, why is everyone still nitpicking? just be happy it got a second season, there are lots of animes that don't even get a second season or do you guys want this to get cancelled cause of your stupid ranting

can't wait for the next episode, love the comedy in this anime

People like you are what's wrong with the world nowadays.
He literally watched almost every anime ever. If he says something you can be sure its right

Apr 16, 2019 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
Man, the animation is actually not bad. But the directing is. They speak so fast without any gap for us to process their thought. That makes this adaptation feels lifeless, especially with Saitama's voice acting who suddenly has no other tone unlike season 1. They just adapt the manga 1:1 without thinking about timing, or pacing of dialogue. It actually make me sad.

Pacing has always been a problem with J.C Staff (looking at you, Index). I just didn't think it would be this bad with OPM.
Apr 16, 2019 1:05 PM
Sep 2018
Greenlandball said:
Zaugr said:

yea they ain't watching it anymore for the story, they're just here to see the animation i mean you won't even notice those small things if you're watching it for the story, it's actually really good, people are probably watching it in 0.5 speed or even more slower just to look for the bad ones, they're just here to find the mistakes and most of them don't even read the manga but still rants even though most of it looks exactly identical to the manga
It's really easy to notice mediocre and bad animation.
Apr 16, 2019 1:06 PM

Jan 2015
Enjoyed the episode overall, even got a good laugh out of it.
Regarding the visuals, I'm one who defended the first episode, but here we had some huge issues with the ghosting, which was present in the first episode but here it was much worse. That's not an animation error as much of an editing issue that I feel could easily have been fixed and it surely will be in the BD version but it should have looked proper on TV as well.
I personally enjoyed the new op, not as much as the first one but it's good. The new ed on the other hand is awful to look at, the song is at least alright but the visuals are really really bad.
Apr 16, 2019 1:07 PM
Mar 2018
I saw a Fubuki thumbnal, so was the Garou Introduction in the first episode or are they juggling with the timeline? Have only seen snippets so far, because I want the dubbed version first (probably won't last till the end)...
Apr 16, 2019 1:07 PM
Aug 2016
No point in trying to change people's view, some people are just blind.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 16, 2019 1:08 PM

Sep 2017
Holy fuck the manga elitists in this thread. Like yeah it doesn't look nearly as good as before but jesus christ...

Even tho the fights were not as hype due to the quality it was still pretty good. It was pretty funny how Fubuki is going on about all these strong as heroes that Saitama will never beat and then King just shows up. It would be cool if she "joined the team" as she mentioned, but idk how Saitama will feel about that. Either way, maybe she will leave B class.
Apr 16, 2019 1:11 PM
Mar 2018
This episode was visually a little better than the previous. At least the cuts felt better placed, though they're still pretty bad. Animation is about the same, though I think it looked a little better since the action wasn't as ambitious. The art style has grown on me just a little, though it still looks awful compared to what it was like before.

I have to say though, they ruined Saitama's voice. I found myself wondering multiple times whether they changed his VA because it just sounded to out of character and boring when compared to, for example, him gaming with King in episode 1. He's just a robot this episode and it's jarring. Like, I understand that he's supposed to be somewhat monotonous but they really dialled that up to 11 here and instead of making him sound bored/unimpressed/whatever it's just like he's incapable of changing his tone even slightly whatsoever. It doesn't mesh with his facial expressions and makes his performance sound off.

I did like the episode better than the previous, but both bored me. If the next episode isn't better I'll probably skip out on this season and wait for the next, since I've already read this arc to the end.
Apr 16, 2019 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
ProofByColor said:
Holy fuck the manga elitists in this thread. Like yeah it doesn't look nearly as good as before but jesus christ...

Even tho the fights were not as hype due to the quality it was still pretty good. It was pretty funny how Fubuki is going on about all these strong as heroes that Saitama will never beat and then King just shows up. It would be cool if she "joined the team" as she mentioned, but idk how Saitama will feel about that. Either way, maybe she will leave B class.

Manga elitist? I think most of the complaints come from person that watch season 1 and are comparing it to season 2.

The manga readers are only saying anime only should read the manga instead.
Apr 16, 2019 1:15 PM

Sep 2018
DumpsterKing said:
Greenlandball said:
It's really easy to notice mediocre and bad animation.
well i can tell that there are some problems in the animation but they're not really that major i mean it's just the coloring and shading which makes it look bad but other than that, everythingh else looks fine, i've seen way more worser ones out there that not even Toei Animation's bad animation of One Piece and Dragon Ball can't compare

Mod edit: posts must not contain more than one screenshot
BarnaldApr 16, 2019 3:29 PM
Apr 16, 2019 1:18 PM

Apr 2018
trash..., they ruined it, 1/10, waiting for DBS ep 5.
AbuelitaDeBatmanApr 16, 2019 1:28 PM

Apr 16, 2019 1:19 PM

Jan 2012
The animation is not that bad...
I mean, it's a huge downgrade from season 1 (why the hell didn't madhouse continue with season 2?!), but if you compare it with your average anime, the animation is ok.
And about Garou backstory - they might do it later on. It's not unheard of to change the place in the show they insert the backstory.
All in all, decent episode, but not great.
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 16, 2019 1:20 PM

Sep 2017
keragamming said:
ProofByColor said:

Manga elitist? I think most of the complaints come from person that watch season 1 and are comparing it to season 2.

The manga readers are only saying anime only should read the manga instead.

Sure, it's both. Either way it's annoying. OPM was lucky to get the treatment it did in season 1. If it was just an average looking show there would be no complaints. You'd think ppl would have realized/accepted this by now.

Instead you get ppl screeching at you to read to manga. I'm no stranger to disappointing anime adaptations (looking at you Piano no Mori), but there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Just take a deep breath and stop watching if it's that infuriating. Hell, maybe I should take my advice and stay away from the episode forums lol.
Apr 16, 2019 1:22 PM
May 2014
Daphi said:
its a fucking insult

Because the director of Season 1, Natsume Shingo and his team are busy with other projects this year. I am guessing Natsume could have been free to make season 2 next year, but then the producers most likely were like it needs to come out this year, hence the change in staff and studio.
Apr 16, 2019 1:24 PM

May 2016
Greenlandball said:
Zaugr said:

You're pulling some serious mental gymnastics in order to defend this. Quit acting like people's only complaints here are with the animation, or that that's the only thing wrong with this. It's shoddy all round, terrible cuts and shot composition, terrible sound direction (the effects and also the direction of the voice actors), terrible effects (could point to practically any). terrible design choices (namely Genos' arms and Sonic's armor, they look awful, but there's many more examples), they're cutting shit that should not be cut, and the pacing is notably awful too. The Fubuki vs Saitama fight and the serious side steps were some of my favourite bits from the manga, and here they felt weak as fuck. What even was the direction in any of it? The whole thing felt off, the side steps had zero impact to it and ended up being like, what, 2 seconds long? With no memorable sound? No actual illustrative animation...? (something you saw a ton of in the first season - transitions to stuff like the ground breaking, debris flying, the shock wave, the wind pressure, the rumbling... ANYTHING that could give the viewer a sense of notable impact or scale, was void here). Also there's just little to no sense of movement or location in any of the fights or sequences.
I could go on and on about all my problems with this episode (and the episode prior), most of which haven't even got anything to do with the animation. That's not even my biggest issue, it's the awful direction. This director has little actual experience directing a full on show like this and judging from the credits and all those numerous animation directors, he and the other staff are working on an incredibly shitty, rushed schedule. This is (and can only be expected to be) deeply flawed, deal with it. And try not to point to things like One Piece or Dragon Ball to defend this lol...
ZaugrApr 16, 2019 1:37 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2019 1:28 PM

May 2008
I don't think I can sit through this entire season... Animation is bad, colors are bad, scene cuts are bad... Half way through I just started getting distracted by my phone because the show couldn't keep my attention.

Very sad that OPM S2 had to turn into this.
Apr 16, 2019 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
Season 2 wouldn't be that bad with a somewhat experienced director.
Apr 16, 2019 1:32 PM

May 2017
ehhh.. so much frame blending and ghosting to hide the lack of animation and quality. What a shame.. The story looks pretty cool.. This makes me saaaaaaaad
Apr 16, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2016
Yikes, it seems that we got One Still Frame instead of One Punch Man.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 16, 2019 1:35 PM
Jan 2019
This episode was terrible. The only thung they emphasized were Fubuki's tits, tgat's all the fights look horrible and the animation is worse than Dororo 1969.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

391 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 9, 10:36 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

369 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 4, 8:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 3, 8:55 PM

» Saitama an alien??

rikuhod - Jan 10, 2017

28 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 6:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.