Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh new Index OP song! About time. Some of the scenes in it looked more intense than the previous one imo. I'm curious if this arc will have a bigger budget.

Lessar is also back! As expected though, Fiamma of the Right is still a huge threat with his ongoing plans. But hey, the more ally Touma gets, the better. Imagine Breaker vs Fiamma of the Right :o

Hell, even Vento of the Front joins in the fun.
Feb 8, 2019 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
Let's hope that this arc will get all the missing budget and effort from previous ones.
Feb 8, 2019 5:29 AM

Apr 2014
The opening was amazing esp accelerators scene’s in it he gets lots of focus, it might be even actually the best op yet.
The actual episode had average animation/art nothing special nothing good. Lets hope they re saving it for the ensuing fights.

Index III op 2 Source:

https://youtu.be/LgywlgszGgE

Whoever gave it a ONE star rating, cmon dude u could have given it a 3 as the opening is really good and has amazing animation.
AcceleratorAngelFeb 8, 2019 7:19 AM
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Feb 8, 2019 6:42 AM

Apr 2014
The OP was the only acceptable thing about this episode.

40KM flaming giant sword? About 100M
AC’s Sci-if superweapons? Gone
Accel princess carrying LO showing his deep care? Changed to him randomly holding with one arm, and tossing her aside uncaringly.
Etc.

Also why did Kuroko show up?! She should not show up and eat precious screen time!

It is easy to fuck up a scene in an anime, even the best shows do it. It’s another to fuck up an entire 20 minutes. A lot of the fuck up even got nothing to do with budget or time, the storyboarding person was just retarded.
ap1001Feb 8, 2019 7:26 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Feb 8, 2019 6:44 AM
Dec 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
The opening was amazing esp accelerators scene’s in it he gets lots of focus, it might be even actually the best op yet.
The actual episode had average animation/art nothing special nothing good. Lets hope they re saving it for the ensuing fights.

Index III op 2 Source:

Well I got to abmit that op is fire but I still keep my expections low because of the staff members. We see if they can redeem the series with this arc. My hope is if they get rid of the director then everyone is happy.
Vernon-and-MythFeb 8, 2019 6:49 AM
Feb 8, 2019 7:02 AM

Jul 2016
KiLLZONE15JYU said:
Well I got to abmit that op is fire but I still keep my expections low because of the staff members. We see if they can redeem the series with this arc. My hope is if they get rid of the director then everyone is happy.

Pretty much this lol. I still don't believe J.C Staff will do anything justice to this arc (Which is considered as one of the best Index arc) so I keep exception low even after I watched this episode.

Side note, who voiced Misaka Worst at the end of episode? It's sound a bit like Rina Satou's voice (Mikoto's VA) to me.

Edit: Oh well, it's Ai Kakuma who voiced her.
MahiaErebeaNegiFeb 8, 2019 7:07 AM
Feb 8, 2019 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
KiLLZONE15JYU said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Index III op 2 Source:

Will never happen, kamachi is big pals with nishikoiri, the interview of before launch of index III made it apparent too they share a great relationship. U have to wonder why nishikoiri never got the boot, he has the damn connections, else he would have been long gone. Get ready for him to adapt NT
-Accelerator-

Feb 8, 2019 7:23 AM

Apr 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:
KiLLZONE15JYU said:

Will never happen, kamachi is big pals with nishikoiri, the interview of before launch of index III made it apparent too they share a great relationship. U have to wonder why nishikoiri never got the boot, he has the damn connections, else he would have been long gone. Get ready for him to adapt NT

Honestly whether NT gets made or who direct it really have nothing to do with either Nishikori or Kamachi, but the production committee. Honestly speaking, I don’t think Nishikori want to be here, I don’t think Kamachi really want him to be here, it’s one thing to be pals, but I think after 2 seasons they know they are not suited to each other.

If anyone is to blame, I blame the committee of Kadokawa, Warner bros and NBC, since they hold the right to Index OT
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Feb 8, 2019 8:31 AM

Jun 2015
Garbage episode like usual, but the OP was great.
Feb 8, 2019 8:52 AM

Jul 2012
Great opening! Accel's glimpse of fight with Worst looks cool in there and Touma's run in the end. Well that's about it. Animation is so inconsistent, it's so sad ... Some transitions feel very random ...
Gotta appreciate few Mikoto's scenes =/ and Vento is back (front)
And love the track of God's Right Seat.
Feb 8, 2019 8:55 AM
Dec 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
KiLLZONE15JYU said:

Its the anime comitee decision and he only like it because it was getting adapted so tell me if you have a source link to this.
Feb 8, 2019 8:59 AM
Dec 2018
ap1001 said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Honestly whether NT gets made or who direct it really have nothing to do with either Nishikori or Kamachi, but the production committee. Honestly speaking, I don’t think Nishikori want to be here, I don’t think Kamachi really want him to be here, it’s one thing to be pals, but I think after 2 seasons they know they are not suited to each other.

If anyone is to blame, I blame the committee of Kadokawa, Warner bros and NBC, since they hold the right to Index OT
Perhaps if kyoto animation gets the series or ufotable or even other director who does great at adapting light novels then I'm convince that will save the series.
Feb 8, 2019 9:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What an underwhelming episode, this! Looks like everything’s barely hanging in the balance here in Russia. Fiamma is looking to take over Russia from within and take down the mighty Academy City but obviously things won’t go down so easily. We’ve got Kamijou Touma, our main character, accompanied by Lesser of the British, Hamazura and Tsukitsubo, Accelerator with Last Order, the British and the French colliding and some foreshadowing of a greater role from Misaka Mikoto(woohoo!, finally some actual relevance). Lesser’s got an unusual personality with a really bad sense of flirting but more importantly it seems as though she’s here under British Royal’s orders to protect our main character. Given Touma’s experiences with bad luck over the course of the whole franchise, he’s come to accept things like these without much of a resist so no surprises to see him acting natural lol. Underwhelming fight scenes with Fiamma of the Right though, but luckily for him it’s become a four(or more) on one contest with Fiamma now. Even the Russian Sasha top brass is here. Lol @ Hamazura’s attempt at robbing though, he was even thanked by the shopkeeper instead, such luck! Seriously, it feels as though all the luck that Touma has been stripped off has been amplified for Hamazura. However, the Op suggests Mugino will reappear somewhere along the line so I wonder if his luck will save him too then. More emphasis on this, he’s even met a Russian who speaks fluent Japanese. Jeez, I just can’t this seriously anymore, but anyway looks like he might just be able to save Tsukitsubo. On the other hand, there’s Accelerator who’s in the run. Mikasa Worst of next episode shall be a tricky opponent for him so I’m kind of looking forward to seeing how he tackles around that. Best moment of the episode for me personally where the scenes featuring Misaka Mikoto, can’t wait to see her in action! We even got a bit of Kuroko and the others from the Railgun series, will they be taking part too?

Cool, we got a new Op too with a lot of action visuals though! Can’t say I was hooked into it though but for one thing it shows that the Studio is probably taking this last arc a bit more seriously which is very pleasing at the moment.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 8, 2019 9:29 AM

Apr 2014
KiLLZONE15JYU said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Its the anime comitee decision and he only like it because it was getting adapted so tell me if you have a source link to this.

Check mal or reddit for the interview it should be somewhere on either index sub or mal page forum.
-Accelerator-

Feb 8, 2019 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
Is that new Misaka stronger than the old ones?
Feb 8, 2019 9:34 AM

Apr 2014
revyHOLiC said:

Which one? Sisters? LO? or the original?
Feb 8, 2019 9:44 AM

Nov 2016
ap1001 said:
revyHOLiC said:

the original one, since in the OP she can keep up with Accel. While the original get one shotted
Feb 8, 2019 9:49 AM
Jun 2017
Action here, action there... LOVE THIS EPISODE, and hey we have a new OP and ED OST!!!

And what made me like this more, Touma and Accelerator are already in same area...ohh will they meet each other in russia? Cant wait for this one..
Feb 8, 2019 9:53 AM

Sep 2014
Everyone here says its an underwhelming episode and Im just happy I could follow the plot for once

Around this part in the plot was also the last time I followed the LN. So it will get interesting now.

Misaka WORST next week, seems promising
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 8, 2019 9:58 AM

Feb 2013
At least we got a few Accelerator scenes, everything else was meh.
Feb 8, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2013
It was quite good imho. Above my expactations at least.
And opening song is great!
Feb 8, 2019 10:41 AM
Dec 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
KiLLZONE15JYU said:

Check mal or reddit for the interview it should be somewhere on either index sub or mal page forum.
It doesn't seem he is in control of the series or even the director so I have to say ap1001 is right.
Feb 8, 2019 11:03 AM

Dec 2015
revyHOLiC said:
ap1001 said:

the original one, since in the OP she can keep up with Accel. While the original get one shotted

she's level 4 , stronger than the sisters but weaker than the original
Feb 8, 2019 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
The only good part about this ep was the OP, that and only that.
Feb 8, 2019 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
KiLLZONE15JYU said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

It doesn't seem he is in control of the series or even the director so I have to say ap1001 is right.

That i agree on, from various interviews and also from miki newest interview from newtype, it was confirmed that it was nishikoiri himself who wanted for index III more episodes, he literally begged to the upper echelon to get some more working space, he only got 2 more in total 26 eps for 9 vol. not much he can do abt it. As ap said kadokawa is the one who has the last say, what ive been saying was nishkoiri is wellliked by kamachi, so as there is no upwind from the creators side and also from the upper echelon aka kadokawa, why shouldnt he direct nt. Im sure hell be back for NT how it turns out mostly depends on time and the eps itll get.
-Accelerator-

Feb 8, 2019 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
that new OP is great but this episode is interesting enough even though the animation as usual is bad
Feb 8, 2019 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
This seemed like a better episode though the flow of events and people showing up seems totally random. Also it's curious to see Index in the ED as she will probably won't have that much screen time for the rest of the series.

In starting to think this would make more sense when it's dubbed
Feb 8, 2019 12:16 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That opening is absolutely badass.
Feb 8, 2019 12:24 PM
Dec 2018
deg said:
that new OP is great but this episode is interesting enough even though the animation as usual is bad
The funny thing is that op action scenes are majority better than action scenes in anime. I can say that the director should have learn from op artist of how to do action scenes.
Feb 8, 2019 12:25 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm Russia declaring war over overuse of tech huh thats a new one. Hamazura sure had some luck running into a stick up just as he was planning the same. Touma sure ended up having quite the curious companion in the form of lessar. France deciding to invade during this turmoil sure was interesting as was Kanzaki and the church's attempt to hold them back. Nice to see Carissa and knight leader again. Lessar sure has a rather curious personality but its good that she has a good head on her shoulders. The battle at the base sure was fun thanks to both Fiamma's power and the unusual allies that showed up to help Touma and Lessar. Interesting ep that did well to raise the tension within the series by showing the leadup to a potential war while showing Touma and the other parties attempt to avert it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2019 12:33 PM
Dec 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
KiLLZONE15JYU said:

That i agree on, from various interviews and also from miki newest interview from newtype, it was confirmed that it was nishikoiri himself who wanted for index III more episodes, he literally begged to the upper echelon to get some more working space, he only got 2 more in total 26 eps for 9 vol. not much he can do abt it. As ap said kadokawa is the one who has the last say, what ive been saying was nishkoiri is wellliked by kamachi, so as there is no upwind from the creators side and also from the upper echelon aka kadokawa, why shouldnt he direct nt. Im sure hell be back for NT how it turns out mostly depends on time and the eps itll get.
Well thanks for the info but I believe there is fans that would hate the adaptation if they ruin it which means that it will bomb at the BD Sales. I would want the series to have a better treatment with another studio and a different director who knows how to do adapt a light novel series. It will become popular if it was adapt popular then the success would be high for the studio.
Feb 8, 2019 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
The new OP is great. About time.

The episode overall was good. We have the main characters in Russia.

Feb 8, 2019 1:12 PM

Apr 2016
OMG this new Opening. Maon Kurosaki is back with another masterpiece <3 . Too bad that the anime is not good at all :(

Feb 8, 2019 1:48 PM

Feb 2014
It's about time that the new OP made its appearance and I must say, it looks bloody good, both visually and for the animation, too! Not to forget, Maon Kurosaki's song is also a great listen and on first impressions, I like it more than her previous song. =)

The episode overall was pretty good. While the animation is mostly decent at times, at least the art quality is good, especially with the background art.

There was plenty of progression from Toma and his fanservice-baiting companion. Same goes for the unfortunate Hamazura, who is also doing his best and Accelerator is also making ground as well.

However, it looks like Misaka Worst is finally making her appearance, with the intention of killing Accelerator outright. Now that's a fight I'm looking forward to seeing next week. =D
Feb 8, 2019 2:01 PM

Aug 2018
came for new OP!
thats NICE!!
Feb 8, 2019 2:19 PM

Apr 2015
I like that new opening!

Jeez Lessar is thirsty AF...

This arc is not wasting any time and jumping straight into the action. Fiamma makes his move and has already encountered Touma. Now this is becoming interesting with even Sasha and Vento appearing.

So Misaka Worst appears next week, sounds like another one of Misaka's clones, but that preview is making me look forward to next week!
Feb 8, 2019 3:05 PM
Mar 2015
The gang including Misaka are all here and read to rumble
Feb 8, 2019 3:18 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Probably wont see this episode any time soon, since I still have so much to watch, but I was waiting to see how would an OP focused on WWIII shape to be, and I m not disappointed.
Lets hope they saved the budget for the remaining episodes... it will be more than ever, needed.
Feb 8, 2019 4:20 PM

Dec 2018
new arc and can not start if Touma is not tied to a girl partner and with its typical ridiculous dialogues
Feb 8, 2019 6:13 PM

Apr 2013
Lol poor Hamazura, even when he tries to play the bad guy and rob a store he ends up a hero and saves cashier who is already beeing robbed.
Very important information and evidence we got from Lessar

Next episode is "Misaka Worst" and Damn Accelerator looks beat up in the preview once again, can't catch a break, or it's probably more like he can't fight against Misakas anymore. Looking forward to the next episode, also from what they showed, this Misaka looks different and doesn't have the same speech pattern as other Misakas
DelusionalUzumeFeb 8, 2019 6:24 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 8, 2019 7:39 PM

Apr 2017
Holy fuck, I got chills when I saw Misaka Worst animated, she's finally here.
cunnysseur
Feb 8, 2019 8:05 PM
Jul 2011
A new opening and a new partner.
Feb 8, 2019 8:35 PM

Jan 2011
damn all that waiting paid off that opening was hype af, still doubting they'll pull through with the last arc because this whole season has been pretty darn disappointing even when trying to find enjoyment of it

but at least we got that.

the Worst is here!

i feel like the anime has kept a lot of accelerators edge and by this point he has toned down a bit hopefully the do his development well here in the up coming episodes
Feb 8, 2019 11:00 PM

Feb 2012
Absolute trash, as expected. Most of the characters either easily stealthily infiltrate military bases like it's nothing, or scythe through enemies so fast the show doesn't even deem it necessary to show.

Even though it's trash, I do like the new girlfriend he's got going on. She's cute and forward, what's not to like?

There was a scene when there was a group standing around Fiamma of the Right, and I just had to chuckle because there were 4 characters I either don't know or don't care about and our main character.

How can a show pump out so many characters without giving any introductions? How can I give a fuck about the majority of these characters? They must've done some case study on how number of characters effects a show's popularity and decided that they should add two new characters every episode.

ap1001 said:
A lot of the fuck up even got nothing to do with budget or time, the storyboarding person was just retarded.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

You know what it reminds me of? It's like when you write a 4000 word report at university, but you go over at 5000. So then you've gotta go back through and cut a bunch of parts to get the word count back down. Since the marker who's reading it never read the original, shit just looks weird and terse. Same shit here. I feel like they should've adapted this whole season into three separate ones.
Zei33Feb 8, 2019 11:14 PM
Feb 9, 2019 5:22 AM

May 2012
Good opening and good episode

Why haters keep watching this anime ?! If you don't like then just drop it
Feb 9, 2019 5:56 AM
Oct 2018
Zei33 said:

There was a scene when there was a group standing around Fiamma of the Right, and I just had to chuckle because there were 4 characters I either don't know or don't care about and our main character.

Wait you mean...the two mob characters, the woman who you literally got a introduction to and Touma?
Are you actually complaining that you don't know literal whos now because those guys are actual grunts? Because you surely don't mean the scene with Vento, Sasha 'cause if you forgot about them then you're in a world of trouble
Feb 9, 2019 6:08 AM
Jul 2017
ap1001 said:
The OP was the only acceptable thing about this episode.

40KM flaming giant sword? About 100M
AC’s Sci-if superweapons? Gone
Accel princess carrying LO showing his deep care? Changed to him randomly holding with one arm, and tossing her aside uncaringly.
Etc.

Also why did Kuroko show up?! She should not show up and eat precious screen time!

It is easy to fuck up a scene in an anime, even the best shows do it. It’s another to fuck up an entire 20 minutes. A lot of the fuck up even got nothing to do with budget or time, the storyboarding person was just retarded.

Well, Accel princess carrying LO was done later when Misaka Worst appeared. He does have a cane you know.

Quote from OT20: "Because he was holding her in one arm, he might damage Last Order if he used his reflection over his entire body. He had to focus on how he used his power."

There were a few things wrong with this episode. The sword was a little bit underwhelming, but the effect of it showing how powerful Fiamma is can be shown when he fights Vento.
Cutting Academy City's domination over Russia ain't good, hopefully its shown in later episodes
Adding Kuroko was weird. From OT20: "In her dorm room, Misaka Mikoto was sitting on her bed. Her roommate, Shirai Kuroko, was not there. It seemed she had been needed on some job for Judgment."

Subs were retarded, Star of B'Tlehem and British the Halloween...
They also cut some parts of Touma being smart, and saving some people, and some Lessar action with her special steel glove.
Pretty sure they reused animation when Fiamma swung that sword, didn't like that as well.
I just hope they can show the fight of Vento and Fiamma in full scale, not tone it down like they did to the sword.
Pacing is better, decent episode with hype to next episode.
Feb 9, 2019 8:34 AM

Feb 2012
Tiau said:
Zei33 said:

Wait you mean...the two mob characters, the woman who you literally got a introduction to and Touma?
Are you actually complaining that you don't know literal whos now because those guys are actual grunts? Because you surely don't mean the scene with Vento, Sasha 'cause if you forgot about them then you're in a world of trouble

Mate, have you been paying attention to this shit show of a season? The plot literally makes no sense. The characters appear for about an episode or two, barely any backstory, 'weak introductions' (putting it very generously) and then appear ten episodes later for no reason.

The fact that you can even remember the names of these D-list characters is an incredible feat in itself since they've introduced like 36 'plot-important' characters this season.

If you're taking this anime seriously and not laughing at all of the ridiculously bad shit going on, you're wasting your time.

thepath said:

You have to love something first in order to hate it... or something like that. I actually gave the first two seasons of index a 7/10, enjoyable. And then I point to Vampire Knight which I gave a 2/10 and say, once I've started something, I have to finish it. After which, I point to Vampire Knight: Guilty which I gave a 1/10.

Not sure if I love to suffer, or if I just can't put a story down once I'm somewhat invested.
Zei33Feb 9, 2019 9:00 AM
Feb 9, 2019 10:03 AM
Oct 2018
Zei33 said:
Tiau said:

Mate, have you been paying attention to this shit show of a season? The plot literally makes no sense. The characters appear for about an episode or two, barely any backstory, 'weak introductions' (putting it very generously) and then appear ten episodes later for no reason.

The fact that you can even remember the names of these D-list characters is an incredible feat in itself since they've introduced like 36 'plot-important' characters this season.

If you're taking this anime seriously and not laughing at all of the ridiculously bad shit going on, you're wasting your time.

thepath said:

You have to love something first in order to hate it... or something like that. I actually gave the first two seasons of index a 7/10, enjoyable. And then I point to Vampire Knight which I gave a 2/10 and say, once I've started something, I have to finish it. After which, I point to Vampire Knight: Guilty which I gave a 1/10.

Not sure if I love to suffer, or if I just can't put a story down once I'm somewhat invested.

Ironically the only names I mentioned are characters from previous seasons, you kinda shot your self n the foot. You rated them decenly but it really seems like you don’t remember anything about them, which is really telling since that means you forgot the biggest fight in the second season and one of the biggest conflicts in the first, Vento hasn’t even been absent since then. So again I really hope you meant the literal mob guys who are nothing more than just bodyguards and not plot relevant in any way
Feb 9, 2019 1:09 PM

May 2018
Wtf I thought that 2nd princess carissa is dead. Ok so what's the gang's business in Russia now??????
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.