Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2019 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Chika's reaction in that reading scene was priceless. All these stats this episode though.

A lot of mind games between Shirogane and Kaguya as usual. They even have their own game contetst against each other. I find it funny how they're figuring out how each others' way of thinking.

Also got the chapter adapted with Kaguya taking her walk. Cool.
Jan 26, 2019 7:00 AM

Apr 2015
This episode started with a hilarious chapter to a heartwarming chapter. We get to know a bit about Kaguya.

The new ed took me by surprise.

This episode is my favorite and well-directed

Cannot wait for the next episode, they're going to adapt

This is too cute

I died how Chika casually touched and let go of that cockroach, I am deceased xD
MxxxstationJan 26, 2019 10:11 AM
Jan 26, 2019 7:16 AM

Nov 2007
Mohammadalmannai said:
Cannot wait for the next episode, they're going to adapt

Oh boy! Haven't seen this episode yet but I cannot already wait for episode 4!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 26, 2019 7:34 AM

Apr 2015
Well if the previous 2 episodes already managed to improve upon the source material through clever directing and a visual playground of entertaining ideas then this episode takes the cake.

They improved so much on already great chapters, especially the 20 question one. And to top it right off they put a chapter they obviously won't be able to fit in as an exclusive ED right at the end.

We really do not deserve Omata & his staff. This is the kind of treatment I expect and I'm overjoyed to see for a fan favourite among RomCom manga.
FappaJan 26, 2019 7:42 AM
Jan 26, 2019 7:46 AM

Sep 2011
Haven't watched the episode yet, i just wanna express insane relief that the french chapter gets adapted next week, if they do that justice it will both be the funniest part so far by a large amount but if they adapt the secondary extra at the end its also going to be the first instance of fleshing out the characters in a more serous tone than for gags, which given this adaption is mostly going to stop right before the big strides I think we need.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 26, 2019 8:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The way they handled Kaguya learning about what your first time meant was perfection and I could not stop laughing xDD But man that section was well directed

But in terms of direction, that 20 questions one takes the cake....I loved seeing just how well Shirogane knows Kaguya

But that last part with the little girl was too cute :'') Also when Kaguya met up with Shirogane and rode with him to school was too followed by that final smile was too adorable lol

P.S. That ED sequence was GOAT, I felt like I was watching a real person O_O

Fappa said:
And to top it right off they put a chapter they obviously won't be able to fit in as an exclusive ED right at the end.

We really do not deserve Omata & his staff. This is the kind of treatment I expect and I'm overjoyed to see for a fan favourite among RomCom manga.
YOOOOOOOO you serious? That was an actual chapter?!?!?!?

Holy shit lol, I'm gonna DEFINITELY need them to continue doing that then....Man Chika is weird as shit, but she would make for a great idol lol
TokoyaJan 26, 2019 8:31 AM
Jan 26, 2019 8:29 AM

Dec 2014
Best episode till date, that was absolutely fantastic and the directing was especially really really good.

I knew Kaguya was mistaken about what 'it' was, that expression after finally learning what 'it' was so worth it. <3

Loved Kagua and Miyuki's game and I love how at the end Miyuki knew exactly what she was thinking of despite what everything seemed to imply. The direction for this was outstanding.These two are such fun. <3
The direction for this section was fantastic.

The final segment was easily the best, wonderfully done and very wholesome especially the final scene of the episode when Kaguya just looks out the window and smiles. We need more segments like this. :)

Top tier ED, full points for Chika dancing with the beat to the ED. I'm so very surprised they actually animated something like that despite only showing it for this episode unless it's the actual ED to the show and the last episode was just a special case.
Jan 26, 2019 8:32 AM

Nov 2014
That ending omg!! It's so cute! I suppose it's getting us ready for her rap?
I like how they speed up the intro in the beginning. It's as if even the staffs got annoyed by the repetition lol
Also can't wait to see Ishigami. Hopefully in the next episode?
Jan 26, 2019 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Tokoya said:

Holy shit lol, I'm gonna DEFINITELY need them to continue doing that then....Man Chika is weird as shit, but she would make for a great idol lol

Well it's not an entire chapter but pretty much the pointe of one. It's Chapter 15 to be exact when Chika just casually frees the roach.
Jan 26, 2019 8:43 AM

Apr 2016
Rich people and their problems lol.

I was just waiting for that moment when Kaguya realize that the "first time" is something entirely different xD and i was not disappointed.

Ending was great.
Jan 26, 2019 8:50 AM

Jul 2012
Yet again great! Their expression in the first part on Kaguya's answers! I remember laughing reading first time when Kaguya casually talking about Chika and her dog ... I feel like manga had more accent on Kaguya's very secluded upbringing, but it's just a very small nitpicking.
The ending of 2 nd part and Kaguya's reaction was great! Her VA is doing amazing job! And the directing for 20 questions looked so impactful!
For the 3rd part i think Shirogane's appearance was more emotional and might be comparable to future stuff like "saving grace". Always appreciate to see Hayasaka!!!
The ED is amazing! Also waiting for rap =/
Jan 26, 2019 8:55 AM

Mar 2018
Hands down, best ending of the season.
Jan 26, 2019 8:58 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
DAT ENDING

SO KAWAII

BEST GIRL TOO<3
Jan 26, 2019 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
This is getting really repetitive and formulaic, had the same problem with the manga and honestly don't see what's the hype here. Guess I will just wait a bit when they adapt the "better parts" towards the end as the manga readers say.
Jan 26, 2019 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
I didn't remember that chapter with kaguya walking to school so that was wholesome as hell, It was also nice to see the tease of how cold she was in the past cause i mus tof mistakingly thought that wasnt shown till the french chapter

Digitalexile said:
This is getting really repetitive and formulaic, had the same problem with the manga and honestly don't see what's the hype here. Guess I will just wait a bit when they adapt the "better parts" towards the end as the manga readers say.
I mean, the parts people are hyping up wont come till after the anime (aside from what will be the final episode) so i wouldnt hold your breath. I also would say if you dislike it now then you probably wont be won over later on or antyhing cause still at its heart its a comedy, and even though mindgames end fairly early into its run all things considered its still got the same sense of humor, i would say specifically the 3rd part of the ep is a bit more represenitive of the parts people are referring too albeit more comedic than that, but less mindgames more exploring character's upbringings and trying to experience new things they never got to in the past to varying degrees of success or serious subject matter.

But again, if this just isnt doing it for you now id say its probably not gonna win you over in general.
JizzyHitlerJan 26, 2019 9:09 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 26, 2019 9:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fappa said:
Tokoya said:

Well it's not an entire chapter but pretty much the pointe of one. It's Chapter 15 to be exact when Chika just casually frees the roach.
This studio/staff is really going up and beyond for this series...Must be a great feeling for you manga readers rn
Jan 26, 2019 9:06 AM

Aug 2008
That fucking narration is still going on...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 26, 2019 9:07 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Love the first part its hilarious cuz, Kaguya doesnt know "That". Shirogane is the monster virgin xD. The second part about 20 question is well directed and they adding BGM every question. The third part is wholesome cuz its about Kaguya character, and that bike scene is cute. Also the ED is the best. Chika-Chika

Jan 26, 2019 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
Antanaru said:

Oh yeah what's the reason for that? Previous episode manga readers gave the excuse of "reference", now what?
Jan 26, 2019 9:10 AM

Sep 2011
Antanaru said:
Its not gonna go away, especially in an ep like this where its deliveirng jokes like monster virgin.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 26, 2019 9:11 AM

Dec 2012
The ED is so fucking nice the animation and the music is so catchy!

Jan 26, 2019 9:11 AM

Dec 2013
Anime Britney Spears confirmed.

Kamiyan3991Jan 26, 2019 9:16 AM
Jan 26, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2016
It was obvious that the fine oujou-san would be mistaken about the first time. The moment she learned the truth was priceless xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 26, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
JizzyHitler said:
Antanaru said:
Its not gonna go away, especially in an ep like this where its deliveirng jokes like monster virgin.

He is probably talking about the intro, we already got it, what's the point again?
Jan 26, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
Digitalexile said:
JizzyHitler said:

He is probably talking about the intro, we already got it, what's the point again?
What do you mean? They clearly made a joke with it cause they sped through it to the point where all the dialogue was a incomprehensible mess, it was there for like less than 10 seconds.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 26, 2019 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
JizzyHitler said:
Digitalexile said:

What do you mean? They clearly made a joke with it cause they sped through it to the point where all the dialogue was a incomprehensible mess, it was there for like less than 10 seconds.

Certainly wasn't a funny joke...
Jan 26, 2019 9:17 AM

Apr 2015
Digitalexile said:

In episode 2 it got repeated as a joke because the manga swapped magazines at that time and had to reintroduce its characters & concept. The episode adapted that first chapter in the new magazine and in Kaguya fashion ran with joke much like the author himself.

This episode they sped it up to take the piss out of themselves. It's more like a running gag at this point.
Jan 26, 2019 9:18 AM

May 2015
That ending scene though... 10/10, best girl Fujiwara never disappoints.

ā™” artist
ć‚µć‚³
Jan 26, 2019 9:20 AM
Dec 2018
Kaguya-sama has got enough money & time from A-1 , especially comparing to Date A Live III and Gotoubun no Hanayome...
Jan 26, 2019 9:21 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
81Koyomi_Araragi said:

someone isn't watching Pastel Memories
Jan 26, 2019 9:21 AM

Jun 2017
that ending xDDDD
"Gradually Watermelon"
Jan 26, 2019 9:27 AM

Sep 2011
Digitalexile said:
JizzyHitler said:

I mean ok, but its still pretty blatantly a self deprecating gag if you're asking the point.

EcchiGodMamsterP said:
81Koyomi_Araragi said:

I'm still on dororo master race for ed's

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 26, 2019 9:31 AM

Mar 2017
That ED was AWESOME!!! It's been so long since I read the manga, so I don't remember that at all... but I do remember loving Fujiwara, so that sequence was probably a big reason. :P

I really like the adaptation.
Jan 26, 2019 9:34 AM

Sep 2012
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
BEST GIRL TOO<3

I urge you to wait for that judgment my friend.

Digitalexile said:
JizzyHitler said:

Well, it's subjective but at the very least it's a meta-joke so they are aware.

OT: Very very good episode. Nice to see my favorite chapters getting animated like that.
Jan 26, 2019 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
These episodes are way too short. The anime adaptation first looks great so I wanted to remain anime only for a while, but I don't know if I'll be able to. A full week is too much time to wait for another episode.
Jan 26, 2019 9:39 AM

May 2015
Oh-ho, that ed! Super cute and catchy.

As for the episode itself, I liked the second part with Shinomiya walking to school, I hope there'll be more moments like this that break the usual format of love combat.
Jan 26, 2019 9:41 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
JizzyHitler said:

EcchiGodMamsterP said:

I'm still on dororo master race for ed's

i'll remain on the THICC girls dancing in swimsuits ED train :D

however this is one of the greatest anime ED ever

sasalx said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
BEST GIRL TOO<3

I urge you to wait for that judgment my friend.

OH?
Jan 26, 2019 9:42 AM
Aug 2016
Great episode and unexpected ED with Fujiwara!From this season we both have Kaguya and Mob as the example of great adaptation of source material,like so much care put on those two shows by the staff,not to mention other shows that also adapted pretty good!
Jan 26, 2019 9:44 AM

Sep 2014
Forgot to say, impressive ED. Top quality.
Jan 26, 2019 9:49 AM

Dec 2017
is there gonna be a new ED every week? really fucking nice
Jan 26, 2019 9:52 AM

Oct 2018
This episode was amazing. I was dying watching Kaguya learn about what someone’s “first time” meant. And that ED made my entire day...Chika is adorable af
Jan 26, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
uninstallthegame said:

Most likely not since the ED in ep 2 is promoted with its own single release indicating it's the main ED while this new ED is promoted with BD/DVD Vol 1. Would be really nice if we get some more of these exclusive EDs for other volumes.

Jan 26, 2019 9:57 AM

May 2015
Digitalexile said:
JizzyHitler said:

No, he hates the narration in general.

Jan 26, 2019 9:59 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I am so glad I was born in this era, I got to watch this masterpiece.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 26, 2019 9:59 AM

Jan 2017
This was my favorite episode out of the three, probably because we had parts that were sort of different. The first part while it was still comedy focused, had a different spin on it, not the usual overthinking the main characters do. And the last part was the best out of everything adapted yet imo, I hope we will get more chapters like that.

I was worried this anime would get repetitive soon, but if they change up the "fighting" chapters just like in this episode, there won't be a problem with it for me.
Jan 26, 2019 10:03 AM
Oct 2016
The quality of this adaptation always blown me with each episodes
it keeps on getting better
Jan 26, 2019 10:09 AM

Jan 2017
That was already a amazing episode but oh boy, that ending, THAT ENDING! Such a masterpiece!
Jan 26, 2019 10:12 AM

Sep 2011
EasyGo-er said:
uninstallthegame said:

Most likely not since the ED in ep 2 is promoted with its own single release indicating it's the main ED while this new ED is promoted with BD/DVD Vol 1. Would be really nice if we get some more of these exclusive EDs for other volumes.
It'd be neat if president and Ishigami got their own eds but I'm not holding out too much hope. Granted I just want Ishigami to get something extra cause they don't really do much with him early on.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 26, 2019 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
holiday498 said:
This was my favorite episode out of the three, probably because we had parts that were sort of different. The first part while it was still comedy focused, had a different spin on it, not the usual overthinking the main characters do. And the last part was the best out of everything adapted yet imo, I hope we will get more chapters like that.

I was worried this anime would get repetitive soon, but if they change up the "fighting" chapters just like in this episode, there won't be a problem with it for me.

You're actually addressing something that the anime improves upon. As much as the manga is loved by so many people it took some time to find its footing as very early chapters mostly consist of those mind game skits. In reality the manga is much much more than just that and brings in variety like there is almost no other.

The anime helps getting to that point faster by picking out specific chapters. Also helps that we're entering volume 2 material now where it slowly started to trickle down that there is more to this than pure comedy. That second & especially last segment are exactly that. So if you want more of that, rest assured. There should be a very nice mixture of all kinds of things including wholesome character building.
Jan 26, 2019 10:20 AM

Sep 2016
Oh my god.
That new ending.

What has happened to A1 Pictures?
This is not the same A1 I used to laugh at
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama šŸ¤£

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

260 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2019

262 by DevilsMayMew »»
Mar 16, 8:44 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.