Forum Settings
Forums

2019 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until DEC 15)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2019 2:58 AM

Jul 2014
9bakeneko said:
Hi!
I am a newbie at the anime challenge. After reading through the posts, I am not entirely sure about the treatment and inspection of the start dates.
1. The rules state that the start dates of the next level items (on the form) should be later than the date when the previous level was finished. What does the "on the form" term means? Can the start date on my MAL profile be different from the start date on the form?
2. How is this criteria inspected? I update an anime only when starting and finishing it. An "episode list" was mentioned in one of the posts. What is this exactly? E.g. I watched Aggresive retsuko in 3 evenings; updating it only after completion -Could this item be found inadequate? Thanks.
1. "on the form" means your sign-up form for the challenge. The dates on this form won't update when you add an anime to your completed list, you must update them yourself.

2. When we inspect the form we check started and finished date on the completed list for some items. It's mostly for "watch an anime that finished airing" to see if it was started after the anime finished airing.
In your case, if you properly stated the start and finish date for this anime, you'll be safe.

AC9123 said:
I'm not sure what happened, but my anime recommendations from MAL is now very far down the page, and I can't take a screenshot of it with my username.
I am pretty sure it used to be farther up, or at least there's another page where it is, but I can't find it.
Can anyone help?

Thanks!
You should use this page.

MarissaRob said:
16.Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child.
- Recorder to Randoseru Re? would be valid?
Yes, it will be valid. You can link this page as a proof.

MarissaRob said:
19.Watch a listed Mythology or Time Travel themed anime.
- Can I use Kakurenbo as a Japanese mythology? Or should I use only anime from Mythology in the link? Lol this is complicated xDD
Only anime listed on AniDB can be used.

greyjoie said:
I see #5 in the Signing Up section of the rules says not to change the font size of the item list. Can we play with font size in the sign-up info section (as long as its readable) as long as we don't change it for the item list?
We would appreciate if you would not change the font. But if you do, please change it back to the original one when you post your turn-in form.

Hackser_ said:
32. Watch an anime with a Roman numeral or Cardinal number in its title — Roman: I, II, III and so on; Cardinal: 1, 2, 3 and so on; can't be in words

Is this anime valid? 3-D Heaven
Yes, it will be valid for this item.

Phenom_sage said:
Nurguburu said:
26. Watch an anime with a full English title.

Can you recommend some anime to watch?

is it wrong to try to pick up girls from dungeon?
This one won't be valid. It must be the main title on the anime page on MAL.
mozgowJan 12, 2019 3:17 AM
Jan 12, 2019 3:18 AM

Feb 2017
mozgow said:
Hi!
Yes, it will be valid for this item.

A little late since I already finished Apprentice, but thanks anyway! I got another question,

29. Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July, 2018 — state the original start date and how many episodes were previously watched; the anime should have more than one episode; the anime doesn't need to be on your on-hold/dropped list. Use any that you previously started watching and left without finishing for the longest. Note that you might be asked for your episode history as evidence.

How do I see my episode history?
Jan 12, 2019 4:01 AM

Apr 2009
For the item "Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or above 8.00"
is a movie ok or does the language imply that it should be a series?
Jan 12, 2019 4:18 AM

Jul 2014
@Hackser_
On the anime page click "Edit details" in the Edit Status part, and there "History".

@RulenneClarissa
Movie is OK for this item.
Jan 12, 2019 4:30 AM
Jul 2010
For #16 of novice, when it says that one character must be a human child does that mean that only one character can be a child, or can it be an anime where all of the main characters are children?
Jan 12, 2019 4:59 AM

Oct 2013
aisemicr said:
For #16 of novice, when it says that one character must be a human child does that mean that only one character can be a child, or can it be an anime where all of the main characters are children?
Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child — the child should be 12 years old or younger (you should be able to find a source for the age; doesn't need to be stated on MAL); state the child; this item excludes characters that, as adults, goes back to being a child while retaining their memories (either time travel, being reborn or another cause) and half-humans

Well it seem logic that one isn't a child since it's state "ONE is a child" and "THE child" in the item description.
You can use many animes, Hanamaru Youchien, Gakuen Babysitters, Mitsudomoe, Kurenai, Usagi Drop... (even if some are more babies than children but it's the same thing aha!)

Also I made two others completed banners, you can add with the others I already made if you want

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1lNuPXc.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/np7KYwf.png[/img]

The Mob Psycho one from Fuyuki inspired me aha!
It will looks freaking awesome with it! *-*

TitadouJan 12, 2019 5:03 AM
Jan 12, 2019 5:12 AM

Jun 2014
I just finished writing a post for the spreadsheet

Sup' challengers,

I'm Dysp but you can call me the dont_bother_telling_me_things_i_already_know_and_i_know_youre_keeping_your_automated_tools_from_me_and_thats_why_im_mad guy.

I just finished writing a whole 120 letters word and making a spreadsheet to help you manage your AWC.

It's thought to be pretty simple: you input the long URL (http://myanimelist.net/anime/[ID]/[ALMOSTANIMENAME]) and your starting/completing dates in the first page, completing with text/image evidence as required and the second page gives you what you need to copy-paste on the forum.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12pk_48vOEQLW6yFGrR-UIfy8-mF9viizB8t3tcxoZxQ/edit?usp=sharing

/! Be aware that if you turn in your form using ALMOSTANIMENAMEs you won't be angelic at all and will be called a bad child who doesn't want to open 75 pages and check manually if each anime name hasn't changed by a single char. Admit it. It's only 75 manual checks. Easier than last year.

It's based on last year's spreadsheet from i_yuuko-chan with happy little accidents improvements
- Name parsing from URL fetching from MAL (can be rolled back with the sheet's history if it breaks)
- Unfulfilled items are stroke if section is completed Dropped
- Page 2 is a single cell ready to copy in the sign-in post

Besides, some things could still be done but I'm too busy atm so I'll just list those here just in case somebody has time to spare on this.
- MRC counterpart (I won't do it because I'm not doing the MRC)
- Highlighting duplicate anime entries as errors
- Add an option to erase lines instead of striking (tbh I thought striking would look great but I fucked up my browser and any style on MAL is overridden to plain white-text-on-black-background) No longer an option, required by the format
- Giving an actual meaning to the header with stats, eg: Current level, # of missing entries for the next level...
- Enhancing the second page to generate the entire forum post Done
- Finding a way to load the user's list only once to automatically fill the started and finished figures

The link won't change and I'll be able to add functionalities to the template so keep an eye on it if you want to be up-to-date

Anyway, may everything work on the path of automation (I didn't test anything, PM me if it breaks) and may everyone be able to spend more time watching anime than editing bbcode.

Dysp

I made another version trying to make it even easier and here's the manual:

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LqAzrMIIlH2vSt1wTyBllv7CoO7F2L4ZRCmskqOlDzs/edit?usp=sharing

In this version you can manage your AWC using tags on your animelist if enabled (Tested on modern list only) by adding "[prefix][item_identifier]"

For example the list is set to look for items tagged with the "AWC19" prefix on my list (Dysp) and it finds the item N.08 on my list is https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dysp?status=7&tag=AWC19N.08 , then fills the URL, start & end dates and name in the form.
The only thing left to fill is Additionnal informations & Screenshots and it looks impossible from the script.

Note that the first update is laggy because I had to force delays between updates for it to work with MAL.
Next updates happen randomly and I don't understand the trigger so if you're in a hurry you can clear & rewrite your name and the update will be forced.

UPDATE : Instead of reloading your entire list to refresh one item you can clear its 'ListMeta' cell and paste it back in

- 2019-01-13: Changed item parsing on v2 (N.08 & N.09 raised errors)
- 2019-01-14: Date aggregation on partial resume didn't work, changed method on v2 and now you have to state your date format as defined in your settings
- 2019-01-14: Adapted v2 to act like v1 if you copy v1's G column into your v2 template and don't set your username - Will now only fix bugs on v2
- 2019-01-27: Saw the copypasta isn't turn-in compliant, I modified it on my version and will soon edit the shared template
- 2019-01-27: Also, name fetching doesn't work with \uXXXX escaped characters so if you see some you'll have to set the title manually
- 2019-02-26: Still no total confirmation my version is OK but looks fine
  - Removed items instead of striking them if not necessary
  - Starting date for the onhold/dropped item is no longer fetched (you need to put when you resumed watching)
  - Added the intro and outro in the copypasta, you have to manually set your info in it tho
  - Moar Supeisu
DyspFeb 26, 2019 12:16 PM
Jan 12, 2019 5:25 AM

Aug 2007
aisemicr said:

I had the same question and was thinking of Mirai no Mirai for example.

If one character has to be an adult though, is it ok if another main character is a child ? So three main characters : two children and an adult. This time I am thinking of Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki.
Jan 12, 2019 5:32 AM

Dec 2018
"Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes in total and tagged as Shoujo Ai or Shounen Ai"

Can I use Gokujo.: Gokurakuin Joshikou Ryou Monogatari for this? I mean it's a short anime but it's overall length looks more than 16 minutes.
Jan 12, 2019 5:36 AM

Mar 2016
Does Violet's work as an Auto Memory Doll count as a profession? (Violet Evergarden special)

Jan 12, 2019 6:51 AM

Jun 2009
Aryath said:
pluvia33 said:

Well, technically, re-watches are now 100% not allowed in the Anime Watching Challenge, so if you've already started them, you're just kind of screwed?

Edit: Unless by "wait until they're done and then rewatch them" you meant rewatch them later just for fun and not for Challenge credit?

What you can at least do, is let them be for the time being, then once they are complete or near completion, you can use them for a later difficulty level.

Right, but the issue is that, TECHNICALLY, if you've already started the anime, then that's it. It can't be used for a later difficulty because it was started before you finished the previous difficulty, and you can start over from the beginning because that would still be considered re-watching, technically....
Jan 12, 2019 6:57 AM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
phxntomhiveghoul said:
i love this new system! so much easier than last year.

only let down is that this makes it so much harder to watch airing anime. i feel like as @pluvia33 pointed out, there should be an exception for airing series since now i'm gonna either have to stop watching boogiepop, dororo, promised neverland, and mob psycho completely or wait until they're both done and then rewatch them, which really sucks.

either way, i'm excited!

Yeah, I agree. I like the new system, though it is a bit less flexible. It won't be as easy to interchange items anymore later on, now that we have to keep all our watch dates in mind.

Though in regards to the seasonals, I think the point kind of is to push yourself to watch (older) shows you've been interested in, anyway. Everyone watches seasonals these days, some even 20 or more at a time.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Jan 12, 2019 8:34 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
RoyaleMiko said:
"Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes in total and tagged as Shoujo Ai or Shounen Ai"

Can I use Gokujo.: Gokurakuin Joshikou Ryou Monogatari for this? I mean it's a short anime but it's overall length looks more than 16 minutes.

Yes, its overall length is indeed more than 16 minutes, so you can use this one.
Kurosawa-sanJan 12, 2019 10:10 AM
Jan 12, 2019 9:47 AM
Jul 2013
pluvia33 said:
Aryath said:

What you can at least do, is let them be for the time being, then once they are complete or near completion, you can use them for a later difficulty level.

Right, but the issue is that, TECHNICALLY, if you've already started the anime, then that's it. It can't be used for a later difficulty because it was started before you finished the previous difficulty, and you can start over from the beginning because that would still be considered re-watching, technically....

Yep, the trick is to not start it until you are on the difficulty where you intend to use it. I'm holding off on Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari because of that.
Jan 12, 2019 10:27 AM

Apr 2009
Regarding novice item no 6, is it all right if the director was (main) director for one anime and episode director for the other one?
Thanks~
Jan 12, 2019 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
I have a quick question do all the start and end dates have to be written as Month, Day, Year. Also, do you need to write out the Month in full as it is Written in the example for each entry or can you shorten it e.g. Jan?

Jan 12, 2019 11:51 AM
Oct 2017
Nurguburu said:

Fullmetal Alchemist ? That might work. I checked your completed anime page but I'm not sure if you've dropped it or anything.
Jan 12, 2019 11:51 AM

Apr 2017
Aryath said:
pluvia33 said:

Well, technically, re-watches are now 100% not allowed in the Anime Watching Challenge, so if you've already started them, you're just kind of screwed?

Edit: Unless by "wait until they're done and then rewatch them" you meant rewatch them later just for fun and not for Challenge credit?

yeah that's true, only problem with that is the waiting itself and avoiding spoilers. i'll prolly just keep watching them just cuz. thanks tho!
Jan 12, 2019 12:02 PM

Jun 2009
Aryath said:
pluvia33 said:

Yep, the trick is to not start it until you are on the difficulty where you intend to use it. I'm holding off on Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari because of that.

Of course. However, the context of what I said was under the impression that the individual I quoted before may have already started the shows either before reading or fully understanding the rules for this year's Challenge. For people who started watching still-airing shows on 1 January (such as me with Slime), under the assumption that we'd be able to use such shows freely for any items like in past years, this can suck and be very restricting.
Jan 12, 2019 12:18 PM
Jul 2013
AC9123 said:
Nurguburu said:

Fullmetal Alchemist ? That might work. I checked your completed anime page but I'm not sure if you've dropped it or anything.

Going by what mods have said earlier, "Fullmetal" is not actually a word.
Jan 12, 2019 12:33 PM

Aug 2017
AC9123 said:
Nurguburu said:

Thanks but I've already started with Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works :(
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 12, 2019 12:43 PM
Oct 2017
Aryath said:
AC9123 said:

Going by what mods have said earlier, "Fullmetal" is not actually a word.

Ohhh I actually didn't see anything about what the mods said earlier :")
Jan 12, 2019 1:32 PM

Aug 2017
would i be able to move on to the next rank if an anime i'm watching for the previous rank is still airing and i'm caught up? it's not an immediate concern, but it might be a problem for me in the future.

Jan 12, 2019 1:57 PM

Jan 2013
periwinxle said:
would i be able to move on to the next rank if an anime i'm watching for the previous rank is still airing and i'm caught up? it's not an immediate concern, but it might be a problem for me in the future.

Nope, the finished date of the previous rank must always be before the start date of the next rank. (The first anime you've seen of that next rank)
So before you move on you have to finish the currently airing anime first.
Jan 12, 2019 2:46 PM

Apr 2016
"We can allow the use of airings ONLY if the anime finish during the last two weeks of December (Dec. 16th to Dec. 31st) and such date is specified in the entry"

"the user will need to wait till the last week to turn in (Dec. 9th - Dec. 15th)"

Can someone explain these to me? I'm having a good amount of trouble understanding the whole paragraph, but these make the least sense to me. Is everything allowed so long as it finishes before the end of the year or am I wrong? Also why would we have to wait until the last week of the challenge to turn it in?

I feel like such a big idiot, so I would appreciate some help, lol.

Jan 12, 2019 3:23 PM
Oct 2017
TitaniaErza105 said:
Guys i know its a stupid question but what exactly im supposed to post so i can sign up... I mean i see the section but idk how to do it exactly. ?? Can someone explain to me as simple as possible? Thank you and sorry for my 2 brain cells

I tried signing up last year, and I didn't understand it either. But somehow, this year, I actually understand it...
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1759336#msg56620376
Go there. When you see "1st Section: Novice (Initial Sign Up Code) — 31 total items | 20 required", under it, it will say "Show Sign Up Code for Novice"
Click on it. Copy the entire thing. Paste it into a forum post under the Sign-Up thread.
Read some of the instructions and do it... you can look at previous posts for info
Jan 12, 2019 3:34 PM
Oct 2017
ill check it and try :D it really looks confusing at first
Thank you very much ^-^
Jan 12, 2019 3:45 PM

Dec 2016
Apprentice 29: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Just as it says in the bold. Would prefer something not on my PTW, if possible. Thanks!
Jan 12, 2019 4:12 PM

Feb 2018
ScarletCelestial said:
Apprentice 29: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Just as it says in the bold. Would prefer something not on my PTW, if possible. Thanks!

Akuma no Kimuraa-hen
Claymore
Skip Beat!
Monster
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Fate/Zero

(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
Only TV please, the more the merrier. Here's my PTW list for reference.
Jan 12, 2019 4:33 PM

Apr 2011
ChocaPik said:
aisemicr said:

If one character has to be an adult though, is it ok if another main character is a child ? So three main characters : two children and an adult. This time I am thinking of Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki.
Wondering the same thing here, as I was planning to use Yakusoko no Neverland for this item.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 12, 2019 4:53 PM

Mar 2014
Lestat- said:
ChocaPik said:

Wondering the same thing here, as I was planning to use Yakusoko no Neverland for this item.

I'm 99% sure it just means as long as one is in the main cast, doesn't matter who else is.
Jan 12, 2019 5:38 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Newmanism17 said:
"We can allow the use of airings ONLY if the anime finish during the last two weeks of December (Dec. 16th to Dec. 31st) and such date is specified in the entry"

"the user will need to wait till the last week to turn in (Dec. 9th - Dec. 15th)"

Can someone explain these to me? I'm having a good amount of trouble understanding the whole paragraph, but these make the least sense to me. Is everything allowed so long as it finishes before the end of the year or am I wrong? Also why would we have to wait until the last week of the challenge to turn it in?

Yes, you are right. If you want to use an anime that is currently airing/will begin this year, it will only be accepted if it will finish airing before the end of this year. However, if you decide to use an anime that will finish airing between 16th of Dec and 31st of Dec, you will have to wait for the last week of the challenge (9th of Dec - 15th of Dec) to complete your challenge.
I hope that clarifies it.
Jan 12, 2019 5:51 PM

Feb 2015
@Lestat- @ChocaPik @aisemicr
SheyCroix said:

MysticGoose said:
"Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child "
I imagine this wont be an issue, but what if the series has several kids under the age of 12 listed as main characters?

You only need to state one. If there's more it shouldn't be a problem

I guess to prevent future confusion there should be an "at least" after the word "where" in the description of the item.
Jan 12, 2019 7:31 PM

May 2012
Hey! I'd like a couple of recommendations please for Ap.29 "Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread" and I.21 "Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member". If possible, I'd like it to be available on Crunchyroll, TV types and >20 minutes per episodes. Thanks!

@SheyCroix @Yuki-Chan276
@mozgow @flipsard @BeanChagBear @Psalms @abhutrash @bigdud24
Jan 12, 2019 7:41 PM

Nov 2014
AngelShiva said:
Hey! I'd like a couple of recommendations please for Ap.29 "Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread" and I.21 "Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member". If possible, I'd like it to be available on Crunchyroll, TV types and >20 minutes per episodes. Thanks!

@SheyCroix @Yuki-Chan276
Ya pinged everyone, so you only get one from me ;)
I.21: Zombieland Saga
Jan 12, 2019 8:07 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
AngelShiva said:

@SheyCroix @Yuki-Chan276

I’ll chip in a couple as well.

Ap.29
Kono Subarashii Sekai no Shukufuku wo! 2
Megalo Box

I.21
Hinamatsuri
Juuni Taisen
bigdud24Jan 12, 2019 8:16 PM
Jan 12, 2019 8:18 PM

Aug 2017
boredrandomguy said:

from your PTW list:
Azumanga Daioh
Kaiji
Osomatsu-san
not from your PTW list:
Cromartie High School
Sakamoto Desu ga?
Excel Saga

(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Anything is good except for Akagi since im planning on watching that for something else.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2019 8:26 PM

Jun 2008
For the "Persistent" title, on items that we are not allowed to change the times for (such as Novice item #2), we are allowed to still use that item without losing the persistent title, correct?

I am assuming it is like the how the TV-only restriction still allows you to watch a music type and ONA (N.01 & N.03) but TV for everything not specified, but I wanted to be on the safe side.
Jan 12, 2019 9:01 PM

Oct 2017
Got a question on "(N.16) Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child." Would the first Made in Abyss recap movie count for this with Riko?
Jan 12, 2019 9:56 PM

Apr 2016
Kurosawa-san said:
Newmanism17 said:

Yes, you are right. If you want to use an anime that is currently airing/will begin this year, it will only be accepted if it will finish airing before the end of this year. However, if you decide to use an anime that will finish airing between 16th of Dec and 31st of Dec, you will have to wait for the last week of the challenge (9th of Dec - 15th of Dec) to complete your challenge.
I hope that clarifies it.

To me the wording seemed a bit off, so that's why I was confused. Thank you for the clarification

Jan 13, 2019 12:07 AM

Apr 2009
Hello! I have a quick question:

32. Watch an anime with a Roman numeral or Cardinal number in its title — Roman: I, II, III and so on; Cardinal: 1, 2, 3 and so on; can't be in words

Are ordinal numbers disqualified since it can't be in words? E.g 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Jan 13, 2019 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
Would Violet Evergarden's profession (Auto Memory Doll) count as (N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field? or does it have to be a 'real' profession.
Jan 13, 2019 1:23 AM

Apr 2009
taximals said:
Would Violet Evergarden's profession (Auto Memory Doll) count as (N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field? or does it have to be a 'real' profession.

I haven't watched the anime, so I can't say for sure - but I asked about Mushishi last year and that was approved, so even if it's fictional professions it works, as long as they are employed and get paid =P
Jan 13, 2019 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
YayakoChii said:
Does Violet's work as an Auto Memory Doll count as a profession? (Violet Evergarden special)
Yup, it counts and the anime can be used for (N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field.

Full_Moon_33 said:
Regarding novice item no 6, is it all right if the director was (main) director for one anime and episode director for the other one?
Thanks~
I hope this explains it:
(N.6) Watch an anime by a director that made one of your Favorite Anime — they have to be director in both series, the one used and your favorite; your favorite anime must be added as favorite; state the director and your favorite anime; any kind of director

acestrawbs said:
I have a quick question do all the start and end dates have to be written as Month, Day, Year. Also, do you need to write out the Month in full as it is Written in the example for each entry or can you shorten it e.g. Jan?
You can change it to your liking but please avoid using only numbers, as it might be hard to guess if it's either MM/DD or DD/MM.

Newmanism17 said:

It means that when you post your turn-in form you can have airing anime on your sign-up form ONLY if the anime will finish airing in the last two weeks of December. If this is not the case you have to wait till the anime finishes airing before posting your turn-in form.

animegeek4life said:
For the "Persistent" title, on items that we are not allowed to change the times for (such as Novice item #2), we are allowed to still use that item without losing the persistent title, correct?

I am assuming it is like the how the TV-only restriction still allows you to watch a music type and ONA (N.01 & N.03) but TV for everything not specified, but I wanted to be on the safe side.
Yes, you are right. You can still used them without losing the title.

Donbomb777 said:
Got a question on "(N.16) Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child." Would the first Made in Abyss recap movie count for this with Riko?
While technically valid, it does not have any characters listed on MAL. It won't be valid until characters are added to the anime.

Ph0esz said:
Hello! I have a quick question:

Are ordinal numbers disqualified since it can't be in words? E.g 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Hmm... I don't know. You need to wait for either @SheyCroix or @Yuki-Chan276 to answer that.

taximals said:
It will be valid for this item.
mozgowJan 13, 2019 4:00 AM
Jan 13, 2019 3:29 AM

Dec 2016
boredrandomguy said:
ScarletCelestial said:

Akuma no Kimuraa-hen
Claymore
Skip Beat!
Monster
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Fate/Zero

I see that you're missing Haibane Renmei both from your Completed and PTW list... I feel like you'd really like it with what you've got as 9s and 10s. (Also thanks for the recs!)
Jan 13, 2019 4:03 AM

Feb 2018
@ScarletCelestial, @assyrian: Thanks.

assyrian said:
(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Anything is good except for Akagi since im planning on watching that for something else.

Bakemonogatari
Baccano!
Natsume Yuujinchou
Ouran Koukou Host Club
Monster
Tonari no Seki-kun
Akuma no Kimuraa-hen
Jan 13, 2019 4:15 AM

Jul 2013
(N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Would Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. count? He is a novelist but idk if that counts.
Jan 13, 2019 4:35 AM

Aug 2013
Aqeha said:
(N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Would Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. count? He is a novelist but idk if that counts.

As stated in the item explanation, it counts as long as he's paid and can make a living out of it. Since he's a novelist, it should be fine.
However, if you want to advance to higher tiers, I'd advise against putting a currently airing in the novice section, as you won't be able to progress to the next one before all animes are completed.
simon443Jan 13, 2019 4:41 AM
Jan 13, 2019 4:57 AM

Jul 2013
simon443 said:
Aqeha said:

As stated in the item explanation, it counts as long as he's paid and can make a living out of it. Since he's a novelist, it should be fine.
However, if you want to advance to higher tiers, I'd advise against putting a currently airing in the novice section, as you won't be able to progress to the next one before all animes are completed.

Thanks for the quick reply :) - And i'll keep that in mind
Jan 13, 2019 5:55 AM

Jan 2015
Hey guys, so during the last year's anime challenge http://search.animesos.org/ was a great help to me in finding some specific requirements for challenge items. Sadly it has been down for a while and it can be quite tedious searching for particular anime without it. So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a similar website that I could use?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

54 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
49 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

58 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

12 by ISeeLifePeople »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

87 by Punkero »»
3 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

984 by subahokke »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.