Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 11, 2019 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show is back and boy, they're not messing around. We got Carissa vs Touma right off the bat. Seems he's not alone though as others also join the fight with him. Even Kaori struggles against her though.

They actually made that fight kinda intense with the music used.

Pretty much an action packed episode. About time Touma punched Carissa in the face! Fiamma of the Right is also scary as hell with his powers and what he did to Index.
Jan 11, 2019 6:06 AM

Jul 2016
So they really just ended British Royal Arc with just 5 episodes? While I already predicted this will happen I'm still disappointed at how rushed this arc was handled (Although it's still better than Battle Royale and Terra Arc). Well...... at least it's seem like DRAGON Arc will have 3 episodes instead of 2.
Jan 11, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2016
Felt a bit anticlimatic, but it was still a cool episode.

Also looking forward to see more of Fiamma.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2019 8:27 AM

Sep 2009
we finally get the infamous Touma Punch.
Jan 11, 2019 8:48 AM

Jul 2012
In the beginning for a moment i thought i skipped 1 episode, the transition felt so random, mb the week pause was also the problem. While i think it looked kinda cool, however the whole thing how the plot was handled looked like a complete random mess. The Union Jack was supposed to be a very hyped moment and here it was like nothing ... Funny enough the animation was on point this episode ...
Here goes one of my favorite arcs and i was thinking that it would be the deciding factor if this season would be decent. Not expecting anything, just hope for a cool fight with Fiamma at the end.
allenjkeJan 11, 2019 11:23 AM
Jan 11, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2016
Did Accelerator will fight with Fiamma?
Jan 11, 2019 10:34 AM
Jan 2019
carissa is blasting off again! !!
Even Touma punch was powerful enough to destroy a part of the palace 😅😂
Jan 11, 2019 10:49 AM

Feb 2013
Hm, cool fights, I guess.
I thought that wasn't the real Index for a moment.
Jan 11, 2019 11:41 AM

Apr 2010
Kanzaki actually proved useful this episode which was about time since being useful isn't something she has been this season.
Anyway it looks like Index is in trouble and Touma will have something to solve again next arc.
Judging from the preview i hope the next arc won't be as rushed as the arc we had before this arc since that one simply didn't make any sense.
Jan 11, 2019 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
It wasn't the strongest ending to the arc as I hoped it would be, but I still think this episode was good.

The main improvement over the previous episode was the animation and art quality. The expressions that everyone made were better detailed and more consistent, as well as the movements during the fight against Carissa.

The ending to the fight was great though, with Acqua using his sword to launch Toma towards Carissa, landing his Toma Punch right into her face and sending her into the sky, while also destroying part of Buckingham Palace in the process.

Fiamma's appearance at the end makes me want to deck him in the face as well, with the way he treated Index. For a second, the way she talked before losing consciousness made her sound like a malfunctioning robot, which was creepy. ^^'

I'm hoping now that J.C. Staff will keep this improved visual quality over to the next arc, although I won't be surprised if the quality goes back down again.
Jan 11, 2019 2:30 PM

Feb 2011
I am so disconnected with this show like I'm watching it but I'm not feeling anything man. Something definitely went wrong in season 3.
Jan 11, 2019 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
What is even going on at this point? They throw around characters like Im supposed to care, yet there was no biribiri, last order or accelerator present. Just skip everything and go to the important part, would be easier to follow..

PS: so, the queen took the power and distributed it to everyone equally.. communism legitely won this episode!

Hatsuyuki said:
I am so disconnected with this show like I'm watching it but I'm not feeling anything man. Something definitely went wrong in season 3.
this sums it up perfectly

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 11, 2019 2:54 PM

Jul 2017
Decent fight, too bad the ending was anti climatic and made the entire fight feel pointless. There are some BS in this episode:

First off, Acqua helping Touma in battle.
They literally were enemies last arc... I’ve noticed this troupe with “villains becoming good” being overused and it’s annoying.

How is Acqua launching Touma able to make Carissa fly & smash into Buckingham Palace? The boy doesn’t have super strength and his arm should be broken

How the fuck did Touma hit Carissa?! She was able to react to three saint levels attacking her, but not Touma’s bland ass.

How did Index, Carissa and Index end up in the alley?? Where did Fiamma come from? His plan was dumb too

Mini rant: When is Misaka going to be plot relevant? Even Index’s useless ass contributed in this fight (granted it was a small role and she went back to being damsel in distress at the end). Misaka ain’t done shit since forever and I’m convinced she only appears every now and then as fanservice.
FlexstyleJan 11, 2019 4:19 PM
Jan 11, 2019 3:13 PM

Apr 2014
Well so ends British Halloween, fucking hell, where to start on this atrocity of butchering the source. 5 EPS, 5 EPS for the BRITISH HALLOWEEN? One of Toaru's major faction's introduction arc, The Motherland of All Magic, The Beginning of Everything, The Majestic United Kingdom got only 5 Episodes!

Yeah, it was bound to suck, I can totally understand not feeling a thing about the grand reveal of UK in anime.

It was suppose to be this magical place we finally got to see after so long, but it falls so short, and I blame it all on the the anime committee for shoving too much in, and hiring Nishikori, a man who can't build intrigue or consistent plot threads to save his life. His failure in S1 and S2 directly contributed to this.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 11, 2019 3:37 PM

Oct 2018
why you guys ever wonder about how short this arc is, Index anime were always like that since S1. Each arcs usually end in 3-8 episodes.
Well, they only have 24 episodes, while the source story were incredibly long, so what would we expect?

That's why I always dream about Toaru series being mainstream anime with hundreds of episodes, at least as long as Fairy Tail or Bleach, so there would be alot of room for anything to please the viewer, wouldn't it be epic?!
Jan 11, 2019 4:12 PM

Aug 2011
OG_Gattsu said:
Decent fight, too bad the ending was anti climatic and made the entire fight feel pointless. There are some BS in this episode:

They literally were enemies last arc... I’ve noticed this troupe with villains ‘joining the good side’ being overused and it’s annoying.

How is Acqua launching Touma able to make Carissa fly through the sky? The boy doesn’t have super strength and his hand should be broken

How the fuck did Touma hit Carissa?! She was able to react to three saints attacking her, but not Touma’s bland ass.

How did Index, Carissa and Index end up in alley?? Where did Fiamma come from?

Mini rant: When is Misaka going to be plot relevant? Even Index’s useless ass contributed in this fight (granted it was a small role and she went back to being damsel in distress at the end). Misaka ain’t done shit since forever and I’m convinced she only appears every now and then as fanservice.

Acqua's priority is towards Britain. After he lost and Fiamma started moving, he decided killing Touma wasn't the best way to settle the spreading chaos.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I remember in the novel when Touma was launched he went flying with Carissa, and I also don't remember Carissa landing in a alley. I feel the alley is anime original.

As for the final hit, Index used spell intercept to force an opening. That is why Carissa couldn't react in time.

Fiamma was in England the whole time, waiting for the Chaos to reach a point where he could sneak into the palace to steal Index's controller. The magical artifact that Fiamma stole is a literal remote control for Index, that is how he summoned her. The existence of the controller is why the church was okay with Index staying in Academy City.

You will have to wait until next season for Misaka to be plot relevant. This is the section of the story where she has the least presence. My guess is because the novel volumes that season 3 covers are after A Certain Scientific Railgun was started, so her presence might have been lowered to create more room for original arcs in the spinoff manga. She will show up to the party for the final arc, but is more in the background compared to others.
Jan 11, 2019 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
Lmfao, the first scene of Kanzaki and Carissa clashing swords was like a repeat of 3 or 4 different frames that looked so god dam awful.

Power levels in this show are such a mess. Well at least we got Touma with his gender equality face punching.

I think the worst thing about this arc is that I still have zero care for anything that happened and any people that were the focus of this arc because the show hasn't led me to care about any of them. It felt like watching the first episode of a show then jumping to the finale right after but dragging out that finale for multiple episodes.
PaulJan 11, 2019 6:37 PM
Jan 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Jul 2017
That was a mediocre end to a poorly handled arc from what I assume. I really need to read the LNs one day...
Jan 11, 2019 7:22 PM
Mar 2015
Great battle but at the end of it Index was broken by the Right Seat of God
Jan 11, 2019 7:33 PM

Feb 2018
Yeah, he finally punched the prettiest princess and that too "Princess of British Royal Family". Bravo.
Jan 11, 2019 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
RPG_Fanatic said:
OG_Gattsu said:

They literally were enemies last arc... I’ve noticed this troupe with villains ‘joining the good side’ being overused and it’s annoying.

How is Acqua launching Touma able to make Carissa fly through the sky? The boy doesn’t have super strength and his hand should be broken

How the fuck did Touma hit Carissa?! She was able to react to three saints attacking her, but not Touma’s bland ass.

How did Index, Carissa and Index end up in alley?? Where did Fiamma come from?

Acqua's priority is towards Britain. After he lost and Fiamma started moving, he decided killing Touma wasn't the best way to settle the spreading chaos.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I remember in the novel when Touma was launched he went flying with Carissa, and I also don't remember Carissa landing in a alley. I feel the alley is anime original.

As for the final hit, Index used spell intercept to force an opening. That is why Carissa couldn't react in time.

Fiamma was in England the whole time, waiting for the Chaos to reach a point where he could sneak into the palace to steal Index's controller. The magical artifact that Fiamma stole is a literal remote control for Index, that is how he summoned her. The existence of the controller is why the church was okay with Index staying in Academy City.

You will have to wait until next season for Misaka to be plot relevant. This is the section of the story where she has the least presence. My guess is because the novel volumes that season 3 covers are after A Certain Scientific Railgun was started, so her presence might have been lowered to create more room for original arcs in the spinoff manga. She will show up to the party for the final arc, but is more in the background compared to others.

having just read this today at work
Touma after punching her went tumbling over and she ended up on a "London road 2-3kms away from the palace "

too be honest i didn't even realized he had punched her flying Saitama style till i saw todays episode lol

overall better episode of this arc mins the awful cgi crowd this again with the rest of the season could've used one more episode but it goes to show how long of a fight it actually was if it took up the whole episode without a OP.

again stuff being left out but most of the core info was left it would've liked to have seen a bit of new lights whereabouts but oh well oh and they really did nerf the amount of damage Touma took this time around again.
katsu044Jan 11, 2019 9:19 PM
Jan 12, 2019 12:48 AM
Oct 2018
If they only skipped the aeroplane hijacking then this arc would have a great conclusion.please not let future arcs being rushed I hope as I would like not to wait for the manga to catch up.
Jan 12, 2019 1:16 AM

Jan 2008
I liked the flying Touma punch scene the best, where Carissa was sent flying in typical absurd anime-fashion.

Although I'm surprised to see Fiamma's gross demon hand not being destroyed after catching his punch.

Now that Cyarrisa defeated, I wonder if Touma will ever get that selfie he was going to take...

Now off to Russia next. Man, Touma really gets around. He's been all over the world more than a naive college student taking a year off to "discover themselves."

...but before that, back to Academy city with the science side next week.

Jan 12, 2019 4:52 AM
Jul 2012
Shit gonna good what happens now but index is actually doing something besides being a comical relief character which makes me love her more now than ever.
nepu nepu
Jan 12, 2019 4:57 AM
Dec 2018
Wow such a bad episode, and its the directors fault to make fight scenes with JC Staff. Either way its best to say this series is a downright mess compared to the light novel. I hope everybody would want a reboot than a sequel with JC Staff because it will be trash and awful.
Jan 12, 2019 10:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Touma's admission of his recklessness lol. Man Carissa really doesn't care about the lives of her allies does she. Its good that Kanzaki finally gets to shine in this arc after getting squashed by knight leader. Some nice teamwork between Green princess and Index there. Nice to see her show some backbone. knight leader and his men changing sides was quite the surprise. The team up of Knight leader, Acqua and Kanzaki was fun to see. The queen's entrance and her actions though was really something. She literally gave the power to the people there. Touma literally one punched Carissa there. So this coup was also a plot of the Right seat of God. Interesting ep that ended this arc with a bang and some intriguing questions too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2019 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
The battle against the princess ended...and then like what happened to index anyway
Jan 12, 2019 11:01 AM

Apr 2015
That's this arc wrapped up, Carissa got send flying by Touma's fist!

Fiamma looks to be a tough cookie, so Touma is heading to Russia next!

Also, Accelerator in preview so I guess we're going back to Academy City first.
Jan 12, 2019 1:12 PM

Oct 2010
I could follow s1 and s2, but s3 been so confusing. Especially this arc
Jan 12, 2019 1:47 PM
May 2017
I have yet to understand how they thought making the pacing at light speed was a good idea. This arc has come and gone, with me not caring about any of it.
Jan 12, 2019 2:04 PM

Dec 2008
Am I the only one who thinks they stuffed way too much into this episode? Seems like they bit off way more than they could chew, it should have been 8 episodes instead of only 5.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 12, 2019 3:42 PM

Apr 2013
Another Girl gets a Punch in the face from Touman, but not just that, the Punch also got empowered by Acqua so Carissa got launched through the palace... Probably the worst Punch someone had to take from Touman so far.
Also Accelerator next episode, about time
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 12, 2019 3:43 PM

Aug 2010
another rushed episode that had me asking, wtf is anything.

couldnt figure out why carissa was so strong, though they do shootout a throw away line eventually which is nice at least
couldnt figure out what the third princess crossbow was about
could figure out how carrissa got to that alley way at the end, how touma got there or index for that matter

the worst part is when i do my research after each episode to try and understand what is going on, its very clear that the show is just skipping parts that would explain things about the characters and their motivations.

https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jan 12, 2019 6:41 PM

Jan 2016
Man, I'm content with how they adapted this arc. Now, on to the last science side arc I'm afraid they'll fuck up like the BR arc.
Jan 13, 2019 1:01 AM

Nov 2009
Accel is back next ep, yay!

Taifood said:
I have yet to understand how they thought making the pacing at light speed was a good idea. This arc has come and gone, with me not caring about any of it.
Second every word.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 13, 2019 3:47 AM
Dec 2018
CG said:
Accel is back next ep, yay!

Taifood said:
Second every word.
You do know this series is trash and the light novel was better. JC Staff just suck at action scenes and along side with the idiot director.
Jan 13, 2019 4:38 AM

Dec 2018
typical arc end in index with punch in the face and quality everywhere, maybe the only thing I like about the character is that when it comes to fighting is not limited just because your opponent is woman, a they do not look for some way to reduce violence so as not to try to hurt the pretty face of a girl, unlike other shows where they always make a cut at the scene of the impact and these do not seem to be so hurt compared to a man, but I am not everything agree and so many times I would like that he had done the same with the annoying nun or or Misaka when it behaves like tsundere
Jan 13, 2019 5:54 AM

Nov 2018
you know i still watch this because accel
and now next ep he will back yey...
so boring to see useless touma and his trashtalk
Jan 13, 2019 6:03 AM

Aug 2009
People have become so numb because of this show they think the animation, fight s, faces etc have improved.

Boi any other series would be trolled and criticized hard but somehow Index III have made people care so little that they think this shit is improving every time there is a fight.
ssjokgJan 14, 2019 4:06 AM
Jan 13, 2019 8:43 AM
Jul 2009
Hyack said:
I could follow s1 and s2, but s3 been so confusing. Especially this arc

same here, i have no idea what's even going on at this point
Jan 13, 2019 11:27 AM
Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
People have become so numb because of this show they think the animation, fight s, faces etc have improved.

Boi any other series would be trolled and criticized hard but somehow Index II have made people care so little that they think this shit is improving every time there is a fight.
Yea same here, anyone think this series is improving are stupid.
Jan 13, 2019 12:26 PM

May 2018
wtf did Fiamma of the Right mentioned that index is a machine???
Jan 13, 2019 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
Goodness fucking gracious, this arc got butchered harder than Battle Royale did. This volume was 424 pages long, and they crammed it into 2 episodes. That's about 10 pages being covered a minute. So much is getting cut, misinterpreted (Curtana's dimensional wreckage being cubes?? Knight Leader's turn to zero producing digital zeroes??), and the animation is easily the worst out of all 5 seasons of Raildex. I don't even know where to begin with how much was cut from these 5 episodes. Man, I should have never gotten my hopes up after they screwed up the first two seasons.
removed-userJan 15, 2019 9:05 PM
Jan 13, 2019 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:

Boi any other series would be trolled and criticized hard but somehow Index II have made people care so little that they think this shit is improving every time there is a fight.
I'd like to point out that S2 was 7 years ago. So, yeah, that's cool.
Jan 14, 2019 4:05 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
ssjokg said:

I'd like to point out that S2 was 7 years ago. So, yeah, that's cool.

oops I meant Index III.
Jan 14, 2019 7:31 AM

Jan 2014
Index III has been a trainwreck to watch so far for me at least, what a mess ..i feel so disconnected from the boring shit story and don't really care at all, many flashy scenes and action but they hold no enjoyment or entertainment value whatsoever to watch.
Unsure at this point if i'l complete this, think i'l just wait for Railgun 3 to get started ..expecting it to be massively better than this shit show.
Jan 14, 2019 8:19 AM

Aug 2009
MrFalkers said:
Index III has been a trainwreck to watch so far for me at least, what a mess ..i feel so disconnected from the boring shit story and don't really care at all, many flashy scenes and action but they hold no enjoyment or entertainment value whatsoever to watch.
Unsure at this point if i'l complete this, think i'l just wait for Railgun 3 to get started ..expecting it to be massively better than this shit show.
Here is the thing.

Even tho Railgun has a lot more competent staff, it is still the same studio and they still have low budget and shit deadlines. So expect it to be only slightly better than this shit.
Jan 14, 2019 1:21 PM

May 2015
Meh aarc of meh season.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 14, 2019 9:25 PM

Jan 2011
Hatsuyuki said:

Agreed. What's more, I rewatched previous seasons (including Railgun besides the bullshit arc in S2) before this aired and I'm still, as you said, completely disconnected.
Jan 15, 2019 11:12 AM
Jul 2016
So... All that talk of Curtana Original's 'pandimentional' attack.. is basically producing man-sized cheese blocks in exactly two shapes (square and triangle)... Which can be sliced into pieces by swords...

One of many things that this series is bothering me is, that the show is not doing any justice for saints supersonic movements... It is almost like their body movement speed automatically readjust according to whoever the opponent is
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.