Forum Settings
Forums

Why do most people on Mal hate critical Anitubers ?

New
Nov 7, 2018 7:10 AM

Apr 2017
Every community on YouTube has critical YouTubers,Gaming channels,Music (Needledrop,deepcuts),Movie (Redletter media) most people are supportive of these channels.But most people in the Anime community seem hate critical Anitubers.why? They don't over analyse Anime they mostly try to make the mass understand what the creators intentions were behind the work and how it deals with many social subjects.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 7, 2018 7:13 AM

Oct 2014
A thread made by someone who doesn't like anitubers for people who don't like anitubers isn't reflective of the website.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Nov 7, 2018 7:17 AM

Apr 2017
Who said I hated anitubers? I never said that did I.
Nov 7, 2018 7:25 AM

Oct 2014
RAI_KE1 said:
Who said I hated anitubers? I never said that did I.
I never said you did, i was answering your question.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Nov 7, 2018 7:38 AM

May 2018
Because they are jelly more people listen to them than Mal.
Nov 7, 2018 8:11 AM

Feb 2018
Some people perceive criticism of something they like as an attack against themselves that's why their behave so irrationally. They are just a very vocal minority that makes everyone else look bad.
Nov 7, 2018 8:23 AM

Feb 2013
RAI_KE1 said:
Every community on YouTube has critical YouTubers,Gaming channels,Music (Needledrop,deepcuts),Movie (Redletter media) most people are supportive of these channels.But most people in the Anime community seem hate critical Anitubers.why? They don't over analyse Anime they mostly try to make the mass understand what the creators intentions were behind the work and how it deals with many social subjects.
i wonder what do you base these statements on

for the first statement, i think if you just go by youtube comments on these videos, people are supportive, whether they're anime or not (i assume; i dont really watch youtube critics of any kind)

for the second statement, since you are not giving examples of anitubers nor of people negative towards them, i will assume you talk about the general negativity whenever someone makes a thread containing an anituber video here on AD

this can be explained by the following ~ forum regulars prefer text based content rather than video; the closest similar example i have is 4chan's /v/ generally being negative towards videogame-tubers too (or generally using the term "e-celebs" derogatively); regardless of this, discussion on the topic is still had on these threads, just that the negative comments are not being downvoted by fans like i assume it does on youtube

is there a mal equivalent for movie/music? are they really so welcoming to critics?
Nov 7, 2018 8:56 AM

Nov 2017
Demonetization has killed most anitubers. I don't even really consider their opinions anymore. Less videos posted, less money to be made. It's a shame. Youtube, or Google, really killed their own business on behalf of corps and marketers.
Nov 7, 2018 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
People nowdays are to sensitive. This should answer to your Question!
Nov 7, 2018 9:10 AM

Aug 2016
Because anime fans are more sensitive than the Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 7, 2018 9:40 AM

Nov 2013
I don't hate anime YouTubers, that would give them too much credit. But the majority is simply awful. Their "criticism" only amounts to nitpicking in most cases. But, in fact, this isn't limited to critics on YouTube.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 7, 2018 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
criticism≠hate speech

that's why.
Nov 7, 2018 9:44 AM

Aug 2018
People dislike differing opinions.
Nov 7, 2018 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
because they have to blame someone for the hate their favourite anime receive.
tied to that, it might also be because they critisized their favourite anime.
if it's not that it's because... I don't know tbh.

ho yea:
probably because anitubers are getting pretty populars(millions or subscribers and all) and they want to feel special by not liking what's popular. and also they feel like anime is more mainstream and they're nostalgic of when animes were obscures.

(there are others reasons to hate don't get me wrong, for examples their videos being shit or dumb I was just thinking about reasons other that the video being good or not)
Nov 7, 2018 9:55 AM

Apr 2016
I personally don't hate them, I'm even subscribed to some of them. But there are people like Digibro, Mother's Basement and The Pandemic Romantic to name a few who are in my opinion are extremely hypocritical, biased and are barely critical. Their latest videos on GS kinda prove that, especially PR calling everyone a "Hypocritical Edgelord" for enjoying the show and talking about white supremacy and racism for no good reason, MB argument about rape being sexualised and glorified or Digibros retarded "Response to a Response to a Response..." videos. And I'm not saying this because I like GS and got my fee-fees hurt, but because they couldn't handle the situation properly and their criticism is poor. And it's not just those videos. They think they are the voice of reason or some professional critics, "criticizing" everything and everyone, even their fellow youtubers, and then when someone throws criticism their way they start throwing temper tantrums saying how nobody has the right to criticise them, like how Digi said in one of his videos. They lack any self-awareness and think they speak for the entire community. They don't.

But then again, that's just my opinion and I'm pretty sure everyone here will disagree, but I'm just not a fan of them. Super Eyepatch Wolf is pretty cool though and is definetly one of the better "analytical" anitubers.
Vlad4oNov 7, 2018 11:11 AM
Nov 7, 2018 10:03 AM

Aug 2015
I don't hate em, I just don't see any reason to watch some nonames talking about anime, I'd rather watch anime.
I've seen some anituber video on youtube, he was comparing two anime for 50 minutes! You can watch an episode of each anime and decide on your own during that time.
Nov 7, 2018 10:08 AM

Dec 2017
because anitubers have control over masses and since a lot of anime viewers are kids, it's easier to manipulate. people that don't want to be mashed with that audience don't watch them and just hate them automatically
Nov 7, 2018 10:11 AM

May 2013
Probably because they bitch or nitpick more than offering 'criticisms'. You can form your own opinions by just watching the episode for yourself. They give off the air of feigning refined tastes and don't come across as humble at all, atleast from what I have seen. There could be good ones out there but my opinion on them is already unfavourable so I haven't bothered one bit with them.

Heck, you can even read through the episode breakdown or analyses on reddit, which in my experience has been more useful and less time-consuming than these anime youtubers.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Nov 7, 2018 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
uninstallthegame said:
because anitubers have control over masses and since a lot of anime viewers are kids, it's easier to manipulate. people that don't want to be mashed with that audience don't watch them and just hate them automatically

This should be the first thing to pop up when someone google what anituber means.
Nov 7, 2018 10:19 AM

Sep 2016
Why it seems like so many people on MAL hate/dislike critical anitubers is because most people here understand that anime is, in the most simplest/generalized terms, cartoons for enjoyment.
Most don't watch anime to find deep/deeper meaning in what they watch. People watch to be entertained, then move on to the next one they think will be entertaining.

RAI_KE1 said:
most people in the Anime community seem hate critical Anitubers.why? They don't over analyse Anime they mostly try to make the mass understand what the creators intentions were behind the work and how it deals with many social subjects.

For me, 'critical anituber' = 'over analyze', and I'm sure plenty of others see it this way too.
By your own words, critical anitubers try to make others understand their opinion about an anime.

"Understand what the creator's intentions were behind the work"? "Understand how an anime deals with many social subjects"?
- How about the creator was just trying to write a story that people would find entertaining? No hidden meanings.
- Most anime don't even really deal with one "social subject" in any meaningful way, let alone "many". The "social subjects" might be present, but anime doesn't usually "deal with them", they are just there for drama, not as a point of education.

I, like many others, don't need/want some stranger trying to make a few bucks on YouTube, to convince us of their opinion that they present as critical thinking.

You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Nov 7, 2018 10:19 AM

Nov 2017
Digibro basically destroyed SAO's reputation and I think that the people who really liked it dislike the fact that their favourite anime has basically become objectively bad because of some guy in the internet which is the same for Franxx and Fairy Tail, if you're a fanboy then of course someone with no control over their feelings will get asshurt that everyone is basically shitting on their favourite anime hence hate the man who started it in the first place.
Nov 7, 2018 10:24 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I only dislike rude people.
Considering several of the bigger anitubers aren't known for being the most polite people out there, well.... yeah...
Nov 7, 2018 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
You know, @Vlad4o, it doesn't really help your case that you are trying to dismiss MB's video on GS because of what it says when there is a whole elaboration on the framing of that specific sequence and an intent to make a formal analysis to back it up. If you don't want to appear as an overdefensive fan perhaps you should discuss the elaboration and not shoot fires at a conclusion you haven't provided the context for.
jal90Nov 7, 2018 11:05 AM
Nov 7, 2018 11:39 AM

Oct 2013
Not to be misunderstood. I don't personally hate anitubers or have anything against them, they can evaluate any anime they want, even my favorites, or whatsoever--I couldn't care any less whether they were right or wrong and I know very well they have the every right to voice their opinions. I just don't pay any attention to them and I would rather use my time watching to the way I prefer to be entertained and importantly, to unwind myself from a stressful day. If you like them, good for you because you find something pleasant and informative to your liking.
Nov 7, 2018 11:42 AM

Jan 2013
a lot of those youtubers are just some kind of elitists who keep shitting on every anime that isn't the tatami galaxy or legend of the galactic heroes. i can't even take them seriously anymore.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Nov 7, 2018 11:45 AM

May 2014
People can't deal with opinions that oppose their own.
Nov 7, 2018 11:49 AM

Apr 2016
1. I'm curious as to what makes you think the majority of the anime community hates Anitubers.

2. Many Anitubers are not trying to get the mass to understand the creator's point of view. Why? Because they don't know it. They are simply analyzing the material, making an assumption on the info they've collected, and spreading their opinion online.

3. My hypothesis on why people wouldn't like Anitubers? Because their views are subjective. And not only are their views subjective, but many passionate Anitubers are capable of confidently portraying their views as facts, which may anger those with conflicting ideals.

Personally, I only follow 1 Anituber and that is because we share similar interests and it's great for when I'm out of anime to watch. I don't particularly watch for them for views on the community.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2018 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
Tfw I'm thinking, have Critical Aniyibers delve thus explain why the producer of the anime, kidnapped a child, primarily based on the context of the said anime his part of?

Meanwhile, let's all just blow this in proportion as what all OP does when talking about YT and MAL
Nov 7, 2018 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
Personally I just have no interest in watching Anitubers especially of the reviewer variety.

There's literally 0 motivation for me to watch an anituber, I don't care about their reactions to a series, I have no interest in hearing their opinions on a series, I often don't care about social subjects or intentions in the terms you described and even if I did I wouldn't want some random guy on Youtube to tell that to me (basically if I don't pick up on them or clearly notice them then they aren't required to enjoy a series).

But the part that really irks me more is usually the fanbase of said Youtubers who often insist on creating posts whenever they crap out another video about some overarching controversial topic. The fan then often proceeds to add nothing to the video and instead just shills it out saying how right said youtuber is while showing how they're incapable of providing any actual arguments or insight into the topic.
GamerDLMNov 7, 2018 11:58 AM
Nov 7, 2018 11:56 AM

May 2016
I love watching videos critical of my favorite shows--it gives me new insight and new viewpoints...when done well.

I like Digibro, but he can be inconsistent. When he rags on Requiem for the Phantom, I disagree but I can see his point because his arguments are, well, hard to argue against. But when he rags on Shin Sekai Yori, it comes across more as "I don't like classic cautionary sci-fi" and "I have no idea how to fairly critique the visuals of a low-budget anime."

But those videos dissecting Asterisk War and Steins;Gate 0 are just ace. I feel vindicated for pointing out those same flaws a few weeks before he did (gloat gloat brag brag) and it feels nice to see someone prominent share your unpopular opinion (in S;G0's case, that is, ain't nobody standing up for AssWars).

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Nov 7, 2018 11:56 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
As for everything.

I watch few Anitubers and simply because for entertainment. A.k.a usually watch a video after watching certain Anime or so to not spoil myself.

Those "serious reviewers" and such I don't read/look/watch for any topic. Make content entertaining and I will care if it's up to my taste. If you make as some sort of objective "I am correct one and others must think and follow the same path". Those I ignore.

I give my comment/view/opinion from my own personal experience and thoughts. And emphasize that it's personal view and feelings regarding about something.

Essentially it is "You have shit taste. I have shit taste. Everyone has shit taste."
Some Anime I love, others hate.
Some Anime I hate, others love.
Some Anime both either like or hate.
No Anime is equally hated or loved by everyone. (and that is same for everything)
Nov 7, 2018 12:04 PM

Aug 2018
Because most people think of poorly-acted personas like ThatAnimeSnob or genuine twats like Digibro when they think of anime "YouTubers."

There are actual educational anime YouTube channels, believe it or not. As in, made by people who know their stuff, not just those who like to pretend that they do. It's just that nobody watches them.
Way too busy with "The Anime Man" or Glass Reflection, I assume.
Nov 7, 2018 12:07 PM

Oct 2013
eh because you can't take them 100% seriously
Im not going to say everything from Digibro for example is stupid but he did just recently say Steins gate 0 was bad by using the argument that Daru wearied finger less gloves and that he can't picture him doing so because his friend who he thinks is just like Daru would he himself never wear something like that therefore its out of character for Daru

Then there is those idiots who keep saying things are inherently bad or good, uses cliche as critic and claims shows have plot holes but doesn't say what they are or show evidence of such things
Nov 7, 2018 4:33 PM

Dec 2012
Critics are annoying, jaded nitpickers who are too busy looking for all the bad in everything to see all the good. My time would be better spent finding stuff on my own.
KruszerNov 7, 2018 4:37 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 7, 2018 4:52 PM

Sep 2017
No, I hate most anitubers in general. There's like 2 good ones.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Nov 7, 2018 4:58 PM

Dec 2015
I think it depends on the critic. I like some of them (even though the critic that I trust more is a movie critic, that sometimes do an anime review). Unfortunately most of them seems to ignore the simple fact that, at the end of the day, anime is just an entertainment product, then they analyse it as some kind of phylosofical product. In another words, they will praise something just because has some phylosofical elements even if the storytelling is boring, but they will bash something that has great storytelling, animation and soundtrack, just because it doesn't have philosophy.

Basically, because most of them are elitist
Nov 7, 2018 5:18 PM

Dec 2015
Honestly, I don't watch anitubers that much anyway so I don't care. Some videos are interesting, but that's all. If I don't agree with the content then I just don't watch those.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nov 7, 2018 5:48 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I don't like all the anitubers but some of them are insightful and made me love the medium more then I did. I don't really understand the hate myself, hating others opinions. Oooooo.

More controversial opinion: Digibro is one of the better anitubers on the platform.
Nov 7, 2018 5:57 PM

Jan 2016
It's just that people tend to like to stay in their own box. Not that I'm saying there's something wrong with that. There's like legitimate reasons to do so like perhaps not being interested enough. The problem is when they just dismiss anitubers outright for doing what they do and they proceed to get their opinion out there whenever possible. If you're not willing to at least hear out different perspectives then it kinda makes your own perspective about it kind of pointless to get out there. Ah, the irony.

It's like 'My opinion about how a certain anituber's opinions don't matter, matters'

People and self awareness *sigh*.
ethotNov 7, 2018 6:06 PM
Nov 7, 2018 6:56 PM

May 2009
I have basically no opinion of anime-related youtubers.

By the way, if anyone would like to suggest me some with thoughtful commentary I'd like to hear about them. Not memes, but thoughtful commentary.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 7, 2018 7:15 PM

Oct 2017
Because majority of them are unreasonable af? Meh, I don't care about AniTubers, anyway.
Nov 7, 2018 7:39 PM

Nov 2017
avd101 said:
RapidShadow said:
their favourite anime has basically become objectively bad because of some guy in the internet

Interesting, tell me more about it.
Maybe this just didn't come out like you wanted it to, but one can only hope to find Jaden Smith's MAL account.

Look at it this way YouTubers have a lot of influence therefore when someone says something is bad like Darling in the Franxx it's reputation as something that is of quality is basically destroyed, SAO actually had a score above 8 until digibro made that video now everyone simply accepts that it's a bad show, if you look at some Reddit posts formed when someone makes a video then some people say that if they watch critical anime YouTubers then their opinions on certain anime are changed completely because of watching them, what my point was that some people simply don't care for that analysis and the people who felt insulted with the fact that the people who watched this analysis will see the flaws in a show now calling it bad hence the people who originally liked it will dislike this man who called it bad.
Nov 7, 2018 7:41 PM

Jan 2009
people hate listening to opposite opinions for the most part

im only subscribe to Ggguk though so i do not know much about other anitubers
Nov 7, 2018 7:51 PM

Apr 2017
thiago52192 said:
I think it depends on the critic. I like some of them (even though the critic that I trust more is a movie critic, that sometimes do an anime review). Unfortunately most of them seems to ignore the simple fact that, at the end of the day, anime is just an entertainment product, then they analyse it as some kind of phylosofical product. In another words, they will praise something just because has some phylosofical elements even if the storytelling is boring, but they will bash something that has great storytelling, animation and soundtrack, just because it doesn't have philosophy.

Were you talking about chris struckman?
Nov 7, 2018 8:38 PM

Jul 2015
RAI_KE1 said:

most anime viewers are fucking losers and it just so happens the tubers are of that group

think about that op and unsub, have self respect ffs

RAI_KE1 said:
thiago52192 said:

stuckmann as an eliteist, wtf
you're a lost cause, why did i even post
an "eliteist" is yms
PecoNov 7, 2018 8:42 PM
Nov 7, 2018 8:39 PM

Mar 2017
Stripes said:
More controversial opinion: Digibro is one of the better anitubers on the platform.

Considering that a number of them are low subscriber count unknown channels with either low-effort reaction videos or senseless listicles, that's not saying much.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Nov 7, 2018 8:47 PM

Mar 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
By the way, if anyone would like to suggest me some with thoughtful commentary I'd like to hear about them. Not memes, but thoughtful commentary.

You probably know guys like Super Eyepatch Wolf and Pause and Select so I won't bother with them.

Here's my choice:

1.) Under The Scope - if you're familiar with the channel Every Frame A Painting, then you'll probably like Jack; he makes basically thoughtful love letters to his favorite anime, complete with great diction and fantastic editing of visuals and music; I'll never get tired of saying this: "Jack doesn't make anime videos. Jack makes art as lovingly crafted as the anime he dedicates it to."

2.) Replay Value - he's basically anime's Lessons From The Screenplay; he provides thought-out views on anime in short and concise 10-min or so format; the great thing about him is that he tackles not the minutae but the greater whole.

3.) The Canipa Effect - anything and everything animation he'll make you understand and appreciate even if you know little about animation beforehand.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Nov 7, 2018 8:49 PM

Nov 2015
Because they have strong opinions and strong opinions form other strong opinions which are many times expressed through hate.

Or maybe they are just critical for the sake of being critical, a good critic should be able to see the good and the bad and know how to justify hes opinion properly.
Unfortunately there is very few of these out there, especially in the anime community.
Nov 7, 2018 8:54 PM

Aug 2018
Because anime have one of the most revolting fanaticism compared to other medias. Most of the times if you make a logical argument you get insulted. And the more ignorant the person is the more extremist it becomes. I'm not saying that the anitubers don't make any mistakes, but they have a lot of valid points in favor.
Nov 7, 2018 8:55 PM

Apr 2017
Peco said:
RAI_KE1 said:

most anime viewers are fucking losers and it just so happens the tubers are of that group

think about that op and unsub, have self respect ffs

RAI_KE1 said:

stuckmann as an eliteist, wtf
you're a lost cause, why did i even post
an "eliteist" is yms
@peco I was just literally asked him about in the beginning if he was talking about struck man.And i know the fact that he only scratches the sufrace and gives marvel movies A+
sisterforkerNov 7, 2018 11:02 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

227 by Adnash »»
57 seconds ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 22 minutes ago

5 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 17 minutes ago

1 by deg »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 10 hours ago

38 by _gt_ohn »»
16 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

30 by logopolis »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.