Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2018 5:54 PM
Dec 2014
Ziirf said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Definitely, so if its something insensitive to u drop the series, the rape is only going to increase.

Thanks, I won't continue then.

If you want to continue to get into the stuff on Goblin Slayer I advise you to read the novel, the rape scenes are mostly only implied but not focused, if you still can't then by all means you should drop it, just don't force yourself :)
Oct 6, 2018 5:58 PM

Jul 2016
kill more! MORE AND MORE! but oh no the younglings aniken D:
Oct 6, 2018 6:01 PM
Dec 2014
This show is so edgy and unrealistic. Everyone knows that IRL one of the goblins would end up on the supreme court
Oct 6, 2018 6:02 PM

Apr 2016
'Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older' - Yeah someone should probably change that...
Oct 6, 2018 6:04 PM

Jul 2015
Compared with Overlord III from last season, this one is a masterpiece. No crappy CGI Goblin this time.

Oct 6, 2018 6:08 PM

Apr 2012
I am glad that in the end they decided to choose a middle ground between LN and the manga adaptation. The anime still contains the artifact of the rape fetishization, but the directing makes it hidden enough so that it does not turn into a fanservice. Otherwise, I already like the direction they chose, especially the metal soundtrack. If the action scenes were more dynamic, I wouldn't hesitate to put 10 points already for the first episode.

Oct 6, 2018 6:13 PM

Nov 2017
Well,that was unexpected,even for someone who's a fan of the LN.Dark,moody,really good,even keeping in what happens to females captured by goblins.I liked it.A lot.
Even though a lot of people seem to be complaining a bit about the rape and stuff,its an integral part to understanding what nasty little gits the goblins are,and why GS spends all his time hunting them,and as for the animation,personally I thought it fit quite well,so did the music.
And I like GS's voice,it seems to fit him really well.
All in all,it's damn fine anime so far.
And as for those of you thinking about reading the LN,or getting the manga,do so.Its worth it.
Oct 6, 2018 6:13 PM

Mar 2016

Goblin Slayer is literally Based Stickman.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 6, 2018 6:26 PM

Jul 2016
The only good goblin is a dead goblin.

Oct 6, 2018 6:27 PM

Jun 2013
I was really worried that they might go too soft on the graphic scenes for TV, but they seem to have been able to hit a happy medium. Hopefully the use of CG here and there will pay off in keeping the animation quality throughout the series. Overall, good start to the series and I like the overall dark/harsh tone that they were able to achieve so far. Will continue to watch!

Also, this \/
Starhammer said:
Well,that was unexpected,even for someone who's a fan of the LN.Dark,moody,really good,even keeping in what happens to females captured by goblins.I liked it.A lot.
Even though a lot of people seem to be complaining a bit about the rape and stuff,its an integral part to understanding what nasty little gits the goblins are,and why GS spends all his time hunting them,and as for the animation,personally I thought it fit quite well,so did the music.
And as for those of you thinking about reading the LN,or getting the manga,do so.Its worth it.
Oct 6, 2018 6:33 PM

Aug 2015
I mean I expected it to be a bit more hardcore but damn, how can they keep that PG-13 rating with a slaughter and rape scene? Honestly though I would rather have seen an R rating without censoring stuff from the manga.

Edit: So apparently mal just changed it to R. Makes sense.
JokucOct 9, 2018 9:28 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 6, 2018 6:43 PM

Oct 2015
Damn! That was dark and vicious but I'm in love already. The goblin slayer is my kinda guy, kill goblins with no mercy even children. It's my top anime already, I hope it will be more than 12 episodes.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 6, 2018 6:50 PM
Mar 2018
well ass i spected it have censored scenes :'v

Oct 6, 2018 6:51 PM

Apr 2015
i'm glad they didn't fully show the rape scenes,when reading the manga i don't really care with the rape,although it's quite distraction,all i care is goblin slayer obsession to kill goblin
Oct 6, 2018 6:52 PM

Feb 2016
Well, certainly not bad. I haven't liked any Medieval/Fantasy Anime lately, I hope this is the exception. It can't be worse than Overlord tho
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 6, 2018 6:53 PM

Jan 2015
they need to label this shit as horror in the genre tags
Oct 6, 2018 7:06 PM

Jan 2008
Having read the manga, it's pretty good so far. Glad they skipped the flashback on those other characters, don't need to spend time on characters that won't appear again. Only thing I have to complain about right now is GS's CGI.

And in case someone was wondering, there seems to be no notable differences between AT-X and HS (no nips, no arm mutilation of the guy, etc). Unless CR is using an actual censored version or something and HS is using AT-X, which is unlikely. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Oct 6, 2018 7:08 PM
Nov 2015
Why soo much SJW comment here.

Get out of here SJW.
Oct 6, 2018 7:28 PM
Jan 2018
Lmao. Look at all these sensitive cucks.
Oct 6, 2018 7:33 PM
Jan 2018
To those saying that the clerk should've told the kids not to do the quest, I'd suggest that you guys read the manga Goblin Slayer Gaiden: Year One. I think it explains there why clerks should not interfere with the decisions of the adventurers.
Oct 6, 2018 7:33 PM

Dec 2009
I've watched too much hentai to be bothered by the rape but it was pretty faithful to the manga. what difference does the crunchroll version have?
Oct 6, 2018 7:40 PM

Apr 2014
Ooofff... the edge is very sharp this time around. I think that's a no for me dog.
Oct 6, 2018 7:52 PM

May 2015
Who uses porcelain as a name for a rank?

So uhh...a band of novice adventurers decide to try to take on some goblins because they think they're "weak"? And the swordsman had no proper sword training? And the graduate mage only knew one spell? These guys had no idea what they were getting into...

"Goblin Slayer." Roll credits! *Ding!*

"I'm going to go kill some goblins." Yes...yes you are..

"My sword is useless because there's too much blood on it." So a weapon's durability is based on how much blood can be stained on it until it can't be used anymore? Doesn't that make a whole lot of bladed weapons useless then?

So what I got out of this is that...the Goblin Slayer slays goblins. Oook then. Is he keeping count of how many goblins he's slayed? He killed around what 20? Was that just for this quest or goblins in total? Because if he only killed like 10 goblins and became a silver, that's a pretty lame ranking system. Well our little priestess has some chain mail now. Hopefully her healing skills get better as the series progresses...
TarotistOct 6, 2018 8:00 PM
Oct 6, 2018 7:55 PM

Oct 2010
Pretty interesting so far.
Oct 6, 2018 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
What a way to start the first episode xD
I'm glad that at least that girl survived. I think this is honestly the most hardcore 1st episode i've ever seen.

That metal playing in the background, so epic!
Can't wait for more episodes!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 6, 2018 7:57 PM

Aug 2018
007DragonGod said:
Lmao. Look at all these sensitive cucks.
Their outraged howls are sweet music to the ears of an alpha.
Oct 6, 2018 8:04 PM

Oct 2016
I kinda like it Goblin Slayer, because dark atmosphere in it.
But it's very ridiculous, about goblins who like to rape women to increase their populations... is there no female goblin? lol
My Candies:
Bonus Candies:

Oct 6, 2018 8:14 PM

Nov 2017
CrimsonTsuki said:
I was really worried that they might go too soft on the graphic scenes for TV, but they seem to have been able to hit a happy medium. Hopefully the use of CG here and there will pay off in keeping the animation quality throughout the series. Overall, good start to the series and I like the overall dark/harsh tone that they were able to achieve so far. Will continue to watch!

Also, this \/
Starhammer said:

Thanks for that(I think?),CrimsonTsuki
Oct 6, 2018 8:16 PM

Jan 2008
Koroginzu said:
But it's very ridiculous, about goblins who like to rape women to increase their populations... is there no female goblin? lol

It varies between stories. It's not uncommon to have stories where goblins, orcs and various other monsters are only born male or in some cases, only female, and have extremely low birth rate of the other gender, so they copulate with other creatures to prolong their species. Though you can probably guess, stories that elaborate on this are usually r18 stuff or explicit series like this.
Oct 6, 2018 8:17 PM

Nov 2017
Koroginzu said:

Well,no,I think its more because they enjoy it :)-rape,despair etc,oh,and apparently they breed like rabbits,only less fur and not as good for noms,the goblins I mean,not the women :)
Ah hell,I think I'm gonna get called out for that one :)
Oct 6, 2018 8:22 PM

Oct 2013
Koroginzu said:

Well authors need an excuse to make them only rape the girls and not the boys for their fetish
Oct 6, 2018 8:27 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Only_Brad said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
and i thought the goblins in Grimgar got fucked up LMAO

In Goblin Slayer, the goblins do the fucking :^)

what you did there has been seen... however, it still stands, i thought the goblin deaths in Grimgar were brutal LMAO
Oct 6, 2018 8:34 PM

Jul 2009
Well that was hella dark. But I much prefer that to it being a stupid mindless adventurer harem.
Oct 6, 2018 8:38 PM

Mar 2014
umm pretty generic perhaps i have watched too many gruesome animes before, but western movies are way more gore than this in general. anyway I love the male protagonist's armors.
Oct 6, 2018 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
i heard about how the source materials were, caught a glimpse to see whats up, and i must say....this show doesnt play around lol
Oct 6, 2018 8:47 PM

Apr 2018
Yikes! Wasn’t expecting this much violence. But hey, this has the potential of being anime of the season.
Minori Chihara <3
Oct 6, 2018 8:48 PM

Jun 2017
abhutrash said:
I came into this knowing it was gonna be lame, but am still surprised at just how lame it is. Just more edgelord pandering with shoddy animation, bland OST, and no inspiration. People already pointed it out, but the expendables going out on that quest was super stupid considering the danger was common knowledge in this world. Also especially annoyed at how the setting is trying to pass as an actual fantasy world while constantly incorporating blatant RPG mechanics that just prevent you from ever taking the world seriously. Of course, people are still praising it for going 'all out' with the rape scenes, but imho that was pretty tame. Gotta keep that PG13 rating I guess?

And no, I'm not just salty because I didn't get to hear the new Mili song...

rsc-pl said:
Awfully generic. I was expecting something like that but it went beyond my expectations.
Seriously, so much hype because of blood, rape and violence? Meh.
The only nice thing about this episode is cute design od MC.

Healmeplz said:
Well fuck, that was dark and uncomfortable. I heard it was going to have rape scene, but I never imagine how bad it is until I see it with my own eyes.

That is what happens when you don't invite a tank to your party and DPS start to pull trash.

Artur_Moreira said:
Horrible, typical "dark" idiot fantasy created by a 15 year old boy.
thefrog1192 said:
Honestly I don't expected this anime to be good anime,but this anime is so bad I can't stop laughing while watching this lololol
This anime is isesuma or Master of Ragnarok level of shit,I'm waiting for next episode XD
Esquirtit said:
This shit is so garbage but that wannabe dragonslayer getting rekt was kinda funny

I don't know if I am angry or just disappointed that soo many people judged in just 1 episode..

Yes, it is about a badass guy slaying goblins..who could have guessed
Oct 6, 2018 9:02 PM

May 2014
I guess most of the people are pissed off not because of the rape scenes, but because of the lack of subtlety of them. I mean, yes, I know those and violence scenes are kind of necessary to show how crude the goblins and the world might be, but imo it's not necessary to be so explicit to show the message. Those scenes are supposed to have a meaning, but if they go too far they could end up losing that meaning and just being a weird and out-of-tone fanservice whose only purpose is shock value. There should be a balance to be dark, because it can end up just being edgy.

But yes, I admit it wasn't so explicit like the manga is, and at least here there is a reason to be, unlike stuffs like Mahou Shoujo Site which it's just edgy for the sake of being edgy.

And not, I'm not saying this because I'm a salty SJW or an elitist "bitching" about everything.
Oct 6, 2018 9:11 PM

May 2013
I've already read the manga but this is still intense.
Oct 6, 2018 9:18 PM

Aug 2018
Deku6339 said:
abhutrash said:
I came into this knowing it was gonna be lame, but am still surprised at just how lame it is. Just more edgelord pandering with shoddy animation, bland OST, and no inspiration. People already pointed it out, but the expendables going out on that quest was super stupid considering the danger was common knowledge in this world. Also especially annoyed at how the setting is trying to pass as an actual fantasy world while constantly incorporating blatant RPG mechanics that just prevent you from ever taking the world seriously. Of course, people are still praising it for going 'all out' with the rape scenes, but imho that was pretty tame. Gotta keep that PG13 rating I guess?

And no, I'm not just salty because I didn't get to hear the new Mili song...

rsc-pl said:
Awfully generic. I was expecting something like that but it went beyond my expectations.
Seriously, so much hype because of blood, rape and violence? Meh.
The only nice thing about this episode is cute design od MC.

Healmeplz said:
Well fuck, that was dark and uncomfortable. I heard it was going to have rape scene, but I never imagine how bad it is until I see it with my own eyes.

That is what happens when you don't invite a tank to your party and DPS start to pull trash.

Artur_Moreira said:
thefrog1192 said:
Honestly I don't expected this anime to be good anime,but this anime is so bad I can't stop laughing while watching this lololol
This anime is isesuma or Master of Ragnarok level of shit,I'm waiting for next episode XD
Esquirtit said:
This shit is so garbage but that wannabe dragonslayer getting rekt was kinda funny

I don't know if I am angry or just disappointed that soo many people judged in just 1 episode..

Yes, it is about a badass guy slaying goblins..who could have guessed
I wouldn’t worry about the whining from these timid losers. This site seems to attract sjw’s and others who are worried to death about the sex lives of fictional animated characters.
Oct 6, 2018 9:34 PM

Mar 2017
Good grief, the way they had to beat me in the head about the sword's length being too long for a confined space like a cave. I get it. The first time the sword hit the damn ceiling I got it. The second time, during the combat, that was a somewhat nice touch. The third time replaying it? Go f*ck yourselves.

Meh, first episode was tolerable, at least.

NoviSun said:
I wouldn’t worry about the whining from these timid losers. This site seems to attract sjw’s and others who are worried to death about the sex lives of fictional animated characters.

This. Just this. This shit is exactly why people should stop bitching about the rape scenes. You're empowering obnoxious comments like this.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Oct 6, 2018 9:37 PM

Apr 2007
This was nice, I think the last 'similar' series I watched was Grimgar.
Oct 6, 2018 9:38 PM

Aug 2018
Eanki said:
Good grief, the way they had to beat me in the head about the sword's length being too long for a confined space like a cave. I get it. The first time the sword hit the damn ceiling I got it. The second time, during the combat, that was a somewhat nice touch. The third time replaying it? Go f*ck yourselves.

NoviSun said:

This. Just this. This shit is exactly why people should stop bitching about the rape scenes. You're empowering obnoxious comments like this.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I thought I had gone invisible again. I take it you didn’t care for Goblin Slayer much. Hahahaha
Oct 6, 2018 9:50 PM

Jul 2015
Wow, that first episode was epic.
Sure, the violence in it is brutal, but, that's the just the nature of the anime.
I love White Fox, they are a legendary studio. Can't wait to see what is in store next.
Oct 6, 2018 9:51 PM

Oct 2012
Blue_Reaper said:
modboy said:

Or it may be because a lot of brave people have been raped or know somebody who has been raped and it's a terrible disgusting thing that they don't want to be reminded of when they're just looking for entertainment.

And you use this reason to justify that this anime is bad? This is a work of art, no political correctness should interfere with the elements. YOUR FEELINGS DON’T MATTER.
Here’s a tip for you, people already warned noobs like you what’s this anime about. If you don’t read it and still bitching about it that’s your own mistake for being stupid.

Just for the record, this was my favorite debut, so far, of the season. I loved it. The show isn't for everyone though. Also, my feelings do matter and I don't need your tips. I came to talk about goblins not talk to trolls.
Oct 6, 2018 9:56 PM

Mar 2016
Eh, I'd put up with the trashiness if only it looked better. I love me some high quality violence but this was pretty dull. I read the first three chapters of the manga a few years ago and was hoping the anime would at least make it flashy (and not use cgi in the first episode) but I guess that's expecting too much from a modern light novel adaption. Not usually a fan of rape or child murder in my entertainment but this seems particularly unappealing. Sure, this a "grimdark fantasy" but the first episode makes it come off more as an orc rape fetishist's fantasy, lol. Honestly, actual fantasy hentai is probably more entertaining. When you put the gimmicky shock factor aside, what does this show have to offer me? The same bland rpg-fantasy world we've seen in many other light novel adaptions? The same kind of featureless self-insert main character? Weird fetish shit? That's what the first episode seems to suggest, but maybe I'm wrong and it gets better. Did this episode make me care enough to watch the next episode to find out? Not really. To me, the whole scenario of a guy who only kills one type of rpg mob is less interesting than your standard zombie killing schlock. At least zombies can manage to look cool sometimes for swarms of uninspired monsters, goblins are just butt ugly. I really just don't get the appeal. Maybe if I hear some interesting talk about Goblin Slayer later as it airs, like perhaps the introduction of an interesting villain, I'll pick it back up, but for now I think I'll give this a pass.
Oct 6, 2018 10:02 PM

Apr 2013
It was pretty sweet watching that over-confident party get their asses handed to them.
Oct 6, 2018 10:06 PM

May 2017
I am very disappointed becouse there is no rape sound >:(

I'm just kidding, this is a very good anime btw
Oct 6, 2018 10:08 PM

May 2015
Ok I knew this show was going to be dark, but I did not expect rape to be in it. Anyways, it was super obvious that the rookie party was going to get screwed over. Their overconfidence led to their downfall. Goblin Slayer made quite an entrance and it was pretty entertaining seeing him butcher all those goblins with relative ease.

Very interesting start, looking forward to more.
Oct 6, 2018 10:09 PM

Aug 2018
Artur_Moreira said:
Doubtful, but believe whatever you like, it still doesn’t change the fact it’s a top notch series.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2018

368 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 9, 1:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.