Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's weird to see Aki with shorter hair. I'm always used to her with long hair tbh.

In the meantime, Masamune and the others take a trip outdoors. Being an OVA, there's obvoiusly more fan service involved so that means swimsuits.
Aug 9, 2018 4:42 AM

Jul 2012
Everything was so out of place... We miss a lot of story, and the pace was really weird to me. Plus that scene with the 3 clones, wtf was that.
Aug 9, 2018 4:58 AM

Aug 2016
I never liked this story so much, on top of that the protagonist and his lover are too many hated characters for my taste.
Aug 9, 2018 7:35 AM

Dec 2016
I dont even know anymore lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 11, 2018 5:18 AM

Jan 2018
Is this even followed the manga? I don't think so. and why Aki has short hair and that story i didn't even understand she hasn't even cut her hair short until the last ch and that ch even ended at Masamune confesses to Aki but I think that it's original but nevertheless i still enjoyed it.
Aug 19, 2018 3:44 PM

Aug 2016
Yoshino's smile must be protected at all costs!
Nanika ga Okashii
Sep 5, 2018 8:02 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
So. Fanservice? That's it. Guess I shouldn't have expected anything more.
Sep 30, 2018 2:46 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Still no news of Season 2?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2018 4:55 AM

Aug 2018
Why do so many people dislike this OVA? For me it was one of the best I've ever seen.
Gnyo ho!
Sep 30, 2018 6:14 AM

Jun 2016
This ova takes place after the ending of the manga so its totally normal for everyone that is only an anime only watcher to be confused lol
Well, i would've liked it a lot more if they showed masamune and aki together but what can we do.. also, short haired aki is best aki.
Sep 30, 2018 6:27 AM

Mar 2017
I thought this OVA was awful, it didn't really focus on anything and just sorta meandered through the random stories... and that's coming from someone who really liked the orignal
Sep 30, 2018 8:45 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow the first bit was awesome..still curious how is his mom such a lolly and then there were three...I am so terrified form the makeup
The secobit... I kinda forgot when did the female protagonist had a haircut... poor guy getting toyed around by the drunken women like that
the last bit was... hmm ok tooo
Oct 2, 2018 10:54 AM

May 2018

How the heck did that Aunt shrink to a size of a Loli??????

Ok, so in a island I recognize Shuri, Tae and Neko so who were the other 2 girls who arrived with them, the one with the blue short hair and the other one with the blond short hair?????

Just when will they reveal that Shuri is a girl?????
JiangHaoyi1979Oct 2, 2018 11:01 AM
Oct 4, 2018 8:13 PM

Oct 2014
...what the hell just happened? did I missed a hidden ova? i don't get it this whole OVA.

Why is Aki had a shorter hair?
I think him and Masamune break up. Does her and the fat boy (I forgot his name) started dating? Thats NTR as fuck. I think that was his voice when she called him.

I'm just glad the Yoshino admitted that he likes Masamune. I hate Aki, lol.
Oct 5, 2018 7:15 AM

May 2009
Gazz said:
...what the hell just happened? did I missed a hidden ova? i don't get it this whole OVA.

I think him and Masamune break up. Does her and the fat boy (I forgot his name) started dating? Thats NTR as fuck. I think that was his voice when she called him.

It's fanservice OVA for manga readers (it was bundled with 10th volume of manga) set after manga's ending. In last chapter Aki cut her hair. There is spin-off manga Masamune-kun no Revenge Afterschool with epilogues/side stories serialized now, first chapter is even translated.
Oct 6, 2018 6:05 AM

Oct 2014
bastek66 said:
Gazz said:

It's fanservice OVA for manga readers (it was bundled with 10th volume of manga) set after manga's ending. In last chapter Aki cut her hair. There is spin-off manga Masamune-kun no Revenge Afterschool with epilogues/side stories serialized now, first chapter is even translated.

I see. Thank you for the clarification. Still, its pretty weird seeing Aki with that short hair. (still pretty though)
Oct 13, 2018 9:41 AM
Oct 2018
I want aki and masamune together.... why the whole OVA is so confusing to me??... what happened to them.. how about the revenge... please be clear.. im crying to know the truth behind this
Oct 20, 2018 11:40 AM

May 2009
Silencediva said:
I want aki and masamune together.... why the whole OVA is so confusing to me??... what happened to them.. how about the revenge... please be clear.. im crying to know the truth behind this

Read the manga...
Oct 22, 2018 6:23 PM

Feb 2015
This OVA is about three different mini stories. The first is a comedic scene where Masamune is visited in his house by his aunt and cousin, that both are very similar to her mother causing funny situations of confusion. The second story is about all the other characters (Aki, Yoshino, Kojuurou, Neko and Tae going to the island where they went in the series, and having fun, by the end we can watch Aki talking in the phone with Masamune. The third story is about Yoshino's free day, her sister helped her to look pretty and she went to eat and to the mall, but through the episode she discovers that she is pretty the way she fell comfortable, going back home and attending Aki.

This OVA is just fanservice for the very fans of the anime, doesn't add anything essential. It have funny moments and the phone talk in the beach shows the actual relationship they have. Entertaining but I don't recommend it.
Oct 29, 2018 10:09 PM

Oct 2012
OK, it's just an OVA. Not what I was expecting - I guess I wanted more Masamune of all things - even if just to set the other characters off. The third act, with Yoshino, was definitely my favourite.
Nov 8, 2018 7:19 PM

Feb 2012
It was nice, nothing particularly special, I think that is the point.
They just wanted to show some slice of life chronologically situated after the events of the end the manga. Considering that an spinoff exist that does precisely that, It seems to me that they wanted to make something like a commercial for the new spinoff.
Aniway, I liked the fact the we were able to see some moments of the life of the characteres after Aki and Masamune got together. It made me happy.
Jan 23, 2019 6:07 AM
Mar 2014
what did i just watch...
Feb 3, 2019 11:36 PM

Jun 2015
the sisters and the one daughter all look alike, but masamune and his sister gotta be the special ones
Feb 21, 2019 2:07 PM

Aug 2018
Skana said:
The episode itself does not add anything to the series, but at least they focused on the psychology of Yoshino in the final part. I would have expected explanations also on Aki's hair, but nothing xD

This ova takes place after the ending of the manga, so to understand the story you have to read the manga till the end.
Feb 21, 2019 2:26 PM

Aug 2018
Skana said:
BestJo said:

This ova takes place after the ending of the manga, so to understand the story you have to read the manga till the end.
I see. Let me ask you a question. Is the story already finished in the manga?

Yep, the manga is finished.
Feb 21, 2019 3:02 PM

Aug 2018
Skana said:
BestJo said:

Yep, the manga is finished.
That's not what I'm asking, but whatever, I'll read the manga to learn more.

Yes, the story finished with the last chapter of the manga. I thought it was obvious.
Mar 6, 2019 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty bad OVA when most of them acted out of their characters.

Though I guess the last part was somehow good at least, if empty.
Apr 17, 2019 9:02 PM

Jun 2012
This must really be a hard watch for those whose not aware of what's going on with the manga, except for the first part. His families' blood is a mystery even for manga readers.
Sep 17, 2019 12:17 AM

Jan 2011
Eh, don't think actually reading the manga would have particularly improved this for me.
Feb 5, 2020 4:10 PM

May 2015
Wow, its weird re-watching this OVA after finishing the manga. I can see people being confused on many things in this. Like how Aki has short hair, how they're dating, Yoshino's change, etc.

Its interesting that the anime is giving us anime original content set after the events of the manga. Its nice to see more after the ending since the ending was a bit quick.

Aki looks nice with short hair. She's definitely matured a lot since the beginning. Its really nice to see Aki and Yoshino getting along. Both of the things I wanted going into the manga are shown to me here and its beautiful to see: Aki and Masamune getting togehther and Yoshino and Aki being true friends. Honestly I loved to see more of just their daily lives and Aki and Yoshino's friendship.

Omg that second half with Yoshino was warming my heart soooo much. At the end of the manga is seemed like she wasnt in the best position but seeing her smile and remember the little Aki and Masamune was sooooooooo heartwarming I couldnt stop smiling. Yoshino will always be my best girl and Im super happy to see she's doing well.
DarknessRealityFeb 5, 2020 4:13 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 14, 2020 7:20 PM

May 2017
We got a nice tripplet ! Would have like to have them as wife , one is bored , go for the other one , they can be loli baba 24/24h lool

Then masamune had to go hospital cause he was ikemen !

Best ep to me , 8/10
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Nov 19, 2020 12:53 AM
Sep 2020
Hello, we want a season 2 please... but I guess it wouldn't happen. I love the anime the season and also the ova... and there are some scene that make my heart ache, yeah that's right it was like my GF does not love me anymore and then break up with me and say a lot of mean words. when the fake masamune came, I want to smack his face hahaha. I Love this anime, hoping that there would be a season 2.
Feb 9, 2021 1:29 PM
Feb 2017
I hate that maid girl after reading the manga lol she's the reason why Makabe started hating Aki though I'm really over the moon after reading the last chapter my ship became canon
Feb 25, 2021 12:12 AM
Aug 2020
this just reassured me how shit this anime was
Jun 27, 2021 5:33 AM
Apr 2021
who tf thought it was a good idea to make an ova that skips about 30 chapters? this show is so wack.
Aug 18, 2021 10:15 AM

Jun 2020
Masamune's mother does seem to look like a lot of her relatives very creepy but reasonable, That's a bit mean to throw her that cute little dumpling like what she's so cute when she was just a kid

Aki short haired really does look weird to me at least since I haven't read the manga, How many fucking times would she use the fucking word "fucking" like drop it already even if you use it doesn't mean you're tough, But those swimsuits sure are a nice view even Kojuurou has to run away from them all the time

Yoshino having a time for herself that's new to me and her, This was a nice mix of an OVA but there's a lot to catch up on rather than just starting from here.

Feb 28, 2022 7:22 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
chronotl said:
who tf thought it was a good idea to make an ova that skips about 30 chapters? this show is so wack.

This OVA skips nothing since it is original material, what you meant to say is that they skipped adaptating the rest of the manga arcs, it is retarded they left the anime ending on that SHIT arc of the manga, the follow up would be tons better.

If we cant get the ending of the manga adapted, at least this was better than nothing for me, really enjoyable OVA overall, positively surprised, some minor quirks aside.

Certainly much better to end it here than with that retarded arc.

7.9/10 = 8
Jan 1, 2023 8:42 PM

Nov 2018
Why must the "girl butchers her hair" trope persist? :\

I hate that maid girl after reading the manga lol she's the reason

As an anime-only, I'd almost call that spoilers...if it weren't already obvious after the first season.

Feb 1, 2023 5:12 AM
May 2021
Bruh they released the OVA about the story after manga ending before season 2 lol 😂😂. Still this OVA was good, especially the first part in masamune's household lol
Feb 25, 2023 6:30 PM

Aug 2014
These 3 mini-episodes in this OVA were fun.  

So there was a timeskip and the male MC and female MC are now a couple.

I really like how the female MC looks with short hair. I think she looks better with short hair. Hopefully in season 2, she will mostly have short hair. 

And Yoshino has an AMAZING BODY, YUMMY
Jun 18, 2023 3:51 AM
Oct 2019
Bruhh that first part was so funny
There is an impostor among us.
Which one is the mom? LMAO

Second part was fine, nothing too special.

The last part was really good.
Yoshino glow up.

From what people saying here this is takes place after the manga was ended.
It's crazy how they make this instead of releasing Season 2 first.
Jul 5, 2023 9:12 PM

May 2015
what even was this
Aug 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Jan 2020
Man wth. I spoiled myself by watching this crap. I’m not even sure I should watch the 2nd season anymore
Sep 23, 2023 11:03 AM
Aug 2022
I didn't even realize that Aki has short hairs at the time.
ooh she's very beautiful I'm am talking about yoshino-san.
I watched this after watching S2 & it feels good
Sep 26, 2023 3:54 AM
Dec 2022
It's kinda left one feeling a bit underwhelmed.

More topics from this board

» What is this about?

xsilicon9 - Mar 15, 2018

44 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jul 1, 2023 7:55 AM

» Can I watch this after season 2?

ottakumonogatari - Jun 16, 2023

5 by Bijou146 »»
Jun 17, 2023 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.