Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Masamune-kun no Revenge OVA Episode 1 Discussion

Aug 8, 2018 10:27 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's weird to see Aki with shorter hair. I'm always used to her with long hair tbh.

In the meantime, Masamune and the others take a trip outdoors. Being an OVA, there's obvoiusly more fan service involved so that means swimsuits.

Aug 9, 2018 4:42 AM

Everything was so out of place... We miss a lot of story, and the pace was really weird to me. Plus that scene with the 3 clones, wtf was that.

Aug 9, 2018 4:58 AM

I never liked this story so much, on top of that the protagonist and his lover are too many hated characters for my taste.

Aug 9, 2018 7:35 AM

I dont even know anymore lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Aug 11, 2018 5:18 AM

Is this even followed the manga? I don't think so. and why Aki has short hair and that story i didn't even understand she hasn't even cut her hair short until the last ch and that ch even ended at Masamune confesses to Aki but I think that it's original but nevertheless i still enjoyed it.

Aug 19, 2018 3:44 PM

Yoshino's smile must be protected at all costs!
Just a Matter of Time

Sep 5, 2018 8:02 AM
</overrated>

So. Fanservice? That's it. Guess I shouldn't have expected anything more.

Sep 30, 2018 2:46 AM

Still no news of Season 2?

Sep 30, 2018 4:55 AM
Pro Hunter
Why do so many people dislike this OVA? For me it was one of the best I've ever seen.
I like ~

Hunter x Hunter

My Hero Academia

Your Lie in April

Sep 30, 2018 6:14 AM

This ova takes place after the ending of the manga so its totally normal for everyone that is only an anime only watcher to be confused lol
Well, i would've liked it a lot more if they showed masamune and aki together but what can we do.. also, short haired aki is best aki.

"At least I... wasn't boring, right?" – Kokichi Ouma

Sep 30, 2018 6:27 AM

I thought this OVA was awful, it didn't really focus on anything and just sorta meandered through the random stories... and that's coming from someone who really liked the orignal

Sep 30, 2018 8:45 AM

ok wow the first bit was awesome..still curious how is his mom such a lolly and then there were three...I am so terrified form the makeup
The secobit... I kinda forgot when did the female protagonist had a haircut... poor guy getting toyed around by the drunken women like that
the last bit was... hmm ok tooo

Oct 2, 2018 10:54 AM

How the heck did that Aunt shrink to a size of a Loli??????

Ok, so in a island I recognize Shuri, Tae and Neko so who were the other 2 girls who arrived with them, the one with the blue short hair and the other one with the blond short hair?????

Just when will they reveal that Shuri is a girl?????
Modified by JiangHaoyi1979, Oct 2, 2018 11:01 AM

Oct 4, 2018 8:13 PM

...what the hell just happened? did I missed a hidden ova? i don't get it this whole OVA.

Why is Aki had a shorter hair?
I think him and Masamune break up. Does her and the fat boy (I forgot his name) started dating? Thats NTR as fuck. I think that was his voice when she called him.

I'm just glad the Yoshino admitted that he likes Masamune. I hate Aki, lol.

Oct 5, 2018 7:15 AM

Gazz said:
...what the hell just happened? did I missed a hidden ova? i don't get it this whole OVA.

I think him and Masamune break up. Does her and the fat boy (I forgot his name) started dating? Thats NTR as fuck. I think that was his voice when she called him.

It's fanservice OVA for manga readers (it was bundled with 10th volume of manga) set after manga's ending. In last chapter Aki cut her hair. There is spin-off manga Masamune-kun no Revenge Afterschool with epilogues/side stories serialized now, first chapter is even translated.

Oct 6, 2018 6:05 AM

bastek66 said:
Gazz said:

It's fanservice OVA for manga readers (it was bundled with 10th volume of manga) set after manga's ending. In last chapter Aki cut her hair. There is spin-off manga Masamune-kun no Revenge Afterschool with epilogues/side stories serialized now, first chapter is even translated.

I see. Thank you for the clarification. Still, its pretty weird seeing Aki with that short hair. (still pretty though)

Oct 13, 2018 9:41 AM
I want aki and masamune together.... why the whole OVA is so confusing to me??... what happened to them.. how about the revenge... please be clear.. im crying to know the truth behind this

Oct 20, 2018 11:40 AM

Silencediva said:
I want aki and masamune together.... why the whole OVA is so confusing to me??... what happened to them.. how about the revenge... please be clear.. im crying to know the truth behind this

Read the manga...

Oct 22, 2018 6:23 PM

This OVA is about three different mini stories. The first is a comedic scene where Masamune is visited in his house by his aunt and cousin, that both are very similar to her mother causing funny situations of confusion. The second story is about all the other characters (Aki, Yoshino, Kojuurou, Neko and Tae going to the island where they went in the series, and having fun, by the end we can watch Aki talking in the phone with Masamune. The third story is about Yoshino's free day, her sister helped her to look pretty and she went to eat and to the mall, but through the episode she discovers that she is pretty the way she fell comfortable, going back home and attending Aki.

This OVA is just fanservice for the very fans of the anime, doesn't add anything essential. It have funny moments and the phone talk in the beach shows the actual relationship they have. Entertaining but I don't recommend it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 29, 2018 10:09 PM

OK, it's just an OVA. Not what I was expecting - I guess I wanted more Masamune of all things - even if just to set the other characters off. The third act, with Yoshino, was definitely my favourite.

Nov 8, 2018 7:19 PM

It was nice, nothing particularly special, I think that is the point.
They just wanted to show some slice of life chronologically situated after the events of the end the manga. Considering that an spinoff exist that does precisely that, It seems to me that they wanted to make something like a commercial for the new spinoff.
Aniway, I liked the fact the we were able to see some moments of the life of the characteres after Aki and Masamune got together. It made me happy.

Jan 23, 6:07 AM
what did i just watch...

Feb 3, 11:36 PM

the sisters and the one daughter all look alike, but masamune and his sister gotta be the special ones

Feb 21, 2:07 PM
Skana said:
The episode itself does not add anything to the series, but at least they focused on the psychology of Yoshino in the final part. I would have expected explanations also on Aki's hair, but nothing xD

This ova takes place after the ending of the manga, so to understand the story you have to read the manga till the end.

Feb 21, 2:26 PM
Skana said:
BestJo said:

This ova takes place after the ending of the manga, so to understand the story you have to read the manga till the end.
I see. Let me ask you a question. Is the story already finished in the manga?

Yep, the manga is finished.

Feb 21, 3:02 PM
Skana said:
BestJo said:

Yep, the manga is finished.
That's not what I'm asking, but whatever, I'll read the manga to learn more.

Yes, the story finished with the last chapter of the manga. I thought it was obvious.

Mar 6, 5:07 PM

Pretty bad OVA when most of them acted out of their characters.

Though I guess the last part was somehow good at least, if empty.

Apr 17, 9:02 PM

This must really be a hard watch for those whose not aware of what's going on with the manga, except for the first part. His families' blood is a mystery even for manga readers.