Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 17, 2018 6:08 AM
Aug 2018
I have heard that there is gonna be crazy stuff happening in the next arc. They say its gonna be the best arc adapted of all time. Is it gonna be the best arc that's gonna beat my hero, steins gate0, jojo part 5? Also no spoilers
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 17, 2018 6:59 AM

Oct 2017
No. Third season is fairly boring with plot holes, and continuity errors. MHA has less errors but still fairly limp. So far, out of all the anime I’ve seen this season, Gegege takes the cake. Art, animation, story, plot, characters, actors, all pretty top notch. I’m not really a fan of episodic anime, I prefer continuing with arcs, but this is the only one with good stories, plot follows through even though it’s sometimes predictable. Nice normalized characters, no bipolar shit. Well, except for catchick, that tsundra. Art is retro but done well.
Aug 17, 2018 7:11 AM

Dec 2013
I wasn’t too impressed by this arc in the manga but the anime version has been a lot more enjoyable. However it’s still isn’t anything too special.
Aug 17, 2018 7:29 AM

Apr 2016
Iaditya060 said:
that's gonna beat my hero, steins gate0, jojo part 5? Also no spoilers

You mentioned those like if it was some sign of quality or something lol.

But yes. But all the CR awards will go to Banana fish, cuz its gay and thats more important.

SwagernatorAug 17, 2018 7:33 AM
Aug 17, 2018 8:07 AM

Mar 2016
There's some really good stuff in both arcs, expecially the first one (mostly because it's a personnal favourite), but the second one is also great. There's definitely a moment that's going to break the fandom in two -it will most likely be the most controversial moment of the year (probably) (it had huge impact in the manga community, can't even imagine in the anime).

Can it beat MHA? Probably. I read the manga and love the adaptation of All Might vs All for One. Definitely one of my favourite adapted arcs of all time (not that I've read a lot). On the contrary, not a big fan of the recap in the first episode, their poor adaptation of the training arc (was way to fast to enjoy basically anything) and they managed to make a good arc (licenses arc) in the manga a very boring one in the anime (plus, the filler are not helping anything).
Steins;Gate Zero? Probably too. Even though it's a pretty good show, it feels like they are stretching the series and the animation quality is pretty weak (expecially this last episodes).
Jojo's Part 5? Only watched until part 3 and it has been a pretty big disappointment. Dont't even know when I'll watch part 4 so can't comment.

But this is all personal opinion. I prefer waiting for the end of the year and them really comment on them.
Aug 17, 2018 11:40 AM

May 2012
Stien;gate 0 is not that good. It is 7/10 anime for me

Hero academia is becoming generic, and I'm not enjoying it as before. It still good but not so great.

JoJo part 5 ?! Maybe. I'm big fan of jojo. However, I don't think it will beat attack on titan 3

SAO Alicization. I don't know anything about this arc. I like the previous SAO anime, but they are not same level as attack on titan. But I heard that Alicization will be best arc of SAO

Banana Fish, which is currently airing is also so good. 2nd best anime in this season after AOT3 in my opinion. It could get better later.

Username23489023 said:
No. Third season is fairly boring with plot holes, and continuity errors. MHA has less errors but still fairly limp. So far, out of all the anime I’ve seen this season, Gegege takes the cake. Art, animation, story, plot, characters, actors, all pretty top notch. I’m not really a fan of episodic anime, I prefer continuing with arcs, but this is the only one with good stories, plot follows through even though it’s sometimes predictable. Nice normalized characters, no bipolar shit. Well, except for catchick, that tsundra. Art is retro but done well.

Gegege no Kitarou you mean ?! LOL I hope you are joking. I dropped it after watching some episodes. It pure garbage, and so boring. I did not even bother to add it to my list. Not only episodic, but the plot and character are not so interesting.

Aug 17, 2018 11:21 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah. Attack on Talking will definitely be the best anime of the year.
Aug 18, 2018 5:17 AM
Aug 2014
thepath said:
Stien;gate 0 is not that good. It is 7/10 anime for me

Hero academia is becoming generic, and I'm not enjoying it as before. It still good but not so great.

JoJo part 5 ?! Maybe. I'm big fan of jojo. However, I don't think it will beat attack on titan 3

SAO Alicization. I don't know anything about this arc. I like the previous SAO anime, but they are not same level as attack on titan. But I heard that Alicization will be best arc of SAO

Banana Fish, which is currently airing is also so good. 2nd best anime in this season after AOT3 in my opinion. It could get better later.

Username23489023 said:

Gegege no Kitarou you mean ?! LOL I hope you are joking. I dropped it after watching some episodes. It pure garbage, and so boring. I did not even bother to add it to my list. Not only episodic, but the plot and character are not so interesting.

Episodic storylines are not detrimental to the overall quality of an anime. Mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou, Aria are all widely considered great.
Aug 18, 2018 5:25 AM

Mar 2015
Yes. I'm from the future and I saw that Attack on Titan season 3 will forever be hailed as the greatest anime of all time.
Aug 18, 2018 10:34 PM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Mirai said:
Yes. I'm from the future and I saw that Attack on Titan season 3 will forever be hailed as the greatest anime of all time.

Name checks out, this is definitely legit.
Aug 18, 2018 11:33 PM

Feb 2018
as much as i love attack on titan i dont think so....where the eff are the titans ????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2018 1:35 AM

Jan 2018
Honestly, I don't think it will beat my hero academia in terms of anime of the year, but this will always be my anime of the year 2018.
Aug 19, 2018 1:47 AM
Aug 2013
Lol beating jojo part 5 he says :D. wat are you on ?
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Aug 19, 2018 1:59 AM

Jan 2018
Nope,it wont beat bnha ss3 in both popularity and ranking
Aug 19, 2018 5:25 AM
Jun 2017
Boobsftw said:

Fanboy my hero has the worst anime art ever
Even the training is not good
In dbs dbz and naruto the training was intense and hard and they still lost sometimes
Haha all might took a 100 punches vs nomo in season 1 and only one punch to defeat all for one in s3
But 2nd season of my hero was great
Aug 19, 2018 5:36 AM

Jan 2018
Aoun29 said:
Boobsftw said:

In dbs dbz and naruto the training was intense and hard and they still lost sometimes
Haha all might took a 100 punches vs nomo in season 1 and only one punch to defeat all for one in s3

Wtf man??That's a fact that BNHA ss3's ranking and popularity are higher than SNK ss3.What a fucking SNK "fanboy"
Aug 19, 2018 6:23 AM

Oct 2015
All comes down for me with the adaptation of Jojo Part 5, where I've instilled the power to be compelled as I've trust in David Production to deliver the manga the way it is, if not more as seen from the quality first episode that I've involuntarily watched as the force of temptation has never been stalwartly strong.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Aug 19, 2018 8:19 AM
Sep 2017
Before asking this question?
All I can say is how shitty people can be to make this anime underrated from season 1.people just don’t get it
Aug 19, 2018 8:40 AM
Sep 2016
I Don't think so. mabye s4 will have the best arc
Aug 19, 2018 8:48 AM

Jun 2017
Are you blind?! can't you see the scores?! 4 anime just right now have higher score so no and never will be
Aug 19, 2018 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
mhkr said:
Are you blind?! can't you see the scores?! 4 anime just right now have higher score so no and never will be

Well this isn't the most well loved arc in the series, you know with there being no titans and all, I actually thought the 3rd season would rank much lower while this arc is airing, like 8.40s, but it seems anime only are enjoying it a bit more than the manga readers.

I expect the 2nd arc to spike the score up, not sure how high it will get by time this season ends, but we will see, but as I said far too early to make a prediction yet.

Boobsftw said:

Of course ny hero acadamia season 3 has more members than snk season 3, my hero s3 has been airing since April, it means it has more time to gain more members, while snk literally started 5 weeks ago.

Check my hero s2 and snk s2 member count in comparison, both aired in April last year, snk s2 has 40k more members than my hero s2, even though my hero s2 had 25 episodes which means it was airing for 6 month compare to snk that was airing for only 3 month, and still couldn't gather more members than snk season 2.

You are right on the score though, my hero has better rating than snk overall, but this season of snk hasn't even gone to gear 2 yet, the best parts are yet to come, so it is already impressive for me that its already rated 8.62, when it has not touch on the good stuff yet, which is promising especially since this season is 24 episode.
keragammingAug 19, 2018 9:43 AM
Aug 19, 2018 9:39 AM

Apr 2016
Boobsftw said:

And yaoi doujinshis.

Noting can beat MHA in that, not even SNK.
Aug 19, 2018 10:04 AM
Aug 2018
Sot will absolutely stomp everything this year. Mha is such a mid anime i dont even see it as competition. It's too basic for aot but people like it because it's easier to enjoy simple story than complex one with multiple subplots. Mha has already 3 filler episodes and next one is filler too lol.
Aug 19, 2018 10:59 AM
Jun 2017
Boobsftw said:
Aoun29 said:

Wtf man??That's a fact that BNHA ss3's ranking and popularity are higher than SNK ss3.What a fucking SNK "fanboy"

I never talked about ranking idiot
You are poor in understanding english
I am just explaining that its not a masterpiece and season 3 was dull as compared to previous seasons of mha or bnha were very good
Aug 19, 2018 1:45 PM
May 2017
Boobsftw said:
Aoun29 said:

What happened to the days where people didn't make everything a competition!! The mangakas off these shows (Aot, BNHA, jojo, etc) are probably in a bar having a good time without insulting each other,while the fanbase....well!! Its useless talking about different tastes. Sorry for bad english
Aug 19, 2018 2:21 PM
Apr 2016
Edylson said:
Boobsftw said:

What happened to the days where people didn't make everything a competition!! The mangakas off these shows (Aot, BNHA, jojo, etc) are probably in a bar having a good time without insulting each other,while the fanbase....well!! Its useless talking about different tastes. Sorry for bad english

You are right, today the entitled grey mass can't appreciate the art for what it is, because their consumeric lifestyle made it almost impossible to perceive, conceive elements of art beyond the drawn picture or a moving frame. They are stuck seeing pages and frames without being able to decipher what is actually lying behind the material object (is frame one?). Sorry for those third rate people.
Re:formed
Aug 19, 2018 2:34 PM
Jun 2015
SNK has been shit since the 2nd half of the first season. The third season is a large improvement over the borefest that was season 2, but I wouldn't even consider it good, with the only exception being the op which is great.

BNHA is leagues above it.
Aug 19, 2018 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
It will be interesting to see if any opinion change for the good or the bad once December 31/Janauary 1 2019 arrives when the season ends.
Aug 19, 2018 4:23 PM

Dec 2015
Iaditya060 said:
I have heard that there is gonna be crazy stuff happening in the next arc. They say its gonna be the best arc adapted of all time. Is it gonna be the best arc that's gonna beat my hero, steins gate0, jojo part 5? Also no spoilers
It was the best anime of 2013 and 2017, so I don't see why it can't be again. Specially with MHA having a boring arc right now (even though the All for One arc was the best of the series), Steins;Gate not being as good as the original, and Jojo probably won't even be consider one of the bets of the year

mhkr said:
SNK is known for having some haters because of the popularity,and because it choose to focus more on story and action instead of character fanservice (because aparently character fanservice is what everyone care right now). Meanwhile BNHA is having it's weakesrt arc right now, that most of people are claiming it's getting extremely boring, but the score almost hasn't dropped, so it's clear the most of people are being fanboy towards the show. Steins;Gate 0 is having a high score thanks to the original anime only. All I'm saying is trusting the MAL site to claim something is better is really ridiculous.
Aug 19, 2018 4:57 PM

Sep 2010
Gurl pls we all know that Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai is anime of the year.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 20, 2018 4:02 AM

Jan 2018
Aoun29 said:
Boobsftw said:

I never talked about ranking idiot
You are poor in understanding english
I am just explaining that its not a masterpiece and season 3 was dull as compared to previous seasons of mha or bnha were very good

I'm just mad because you called me 'fanboy' and i felt insulted hearing that word
Aug 20, 2018 6:39 AM
Apr 2016
thiago52192 said:
[*] is known for having some haters because of the popularity,and because it choose to focus more on story and action instead of character fanservice (because aparently character fanservice is what everyone care [since fantasies became a part of mental disability for humanity]). Meanwhile[*] is having it's weakesrt arc right now, that most of people are claiming it's getting extremely boring, but the score almost hasn't dropped, so it's clear the most of people are being fanboy towards the show.[*] is having a high score thanks to the original anime only. All I'm saying is trusting the [free-access internet forum] site to claim something is better is really ridiculous.

See what I did there, kiddo? You better do. And then reflect.

Reflect longer.
*deviant* said:

I'm just mad because you called me 'fanboy' and i felt insulted hearing that word

As do I because some seem to be under a delusion usage of that word as a means in civilized discussion is permitted. What naive grey mass.
Eight-Man said:
SNK has been shit since the 2nd half of the first season. The third season is a large improvement over the borefest that was season 2, but I wouldn't even consider it good, with the only exception being the op which is great.

I assume someone does not understand 2 crucial differences between Shingeki no Kyojin and Boku no Hero Academia. I will attempt to explain them. First: different merchandise. SnK's first seasons were selling probably the worst product - violence and cruelty. As anyone can see it was very effective, modernity has a lot of demand for such lowlife entertainment (however it was just a pretense as the series is finally shaping to what it was originally intended to be, the tragedy of the world expressed in the first two seasons (I am dumbing it down) is only seen as violence and cruelty in "strong titans vs weak humanity" by the generic consumer). Since the beginning BnHA was selling probably the cheesiest product there is today - heroism. But the sold heroism has one quite redeeming feature, and that is being at least in theory realistic, as in what would actually happen if the superheroism got mixed in modern social structure. There is the first difference. Reflect upon it how you see fit.
Second one - SnK and BnHA are using two opposite storytelling methodologies - one is using "explosion" (from the center it goes outside), while the other is using "implosion" (everything goes to the center). I won't have you guessing - SnK uses implosion, BnHA uses explosion. Shingeki no Kyojin story is that of a loss of history. We are thrown right into the middle of it, with past as significant as present unknown to 99% characters on the screen. The story consists of half present-half past transitions, through which the overall world structure becomes known more and more, and everything is slowly moving to the center of it which seems to be Eren, let's say. SnK has began in the middle and both the starting point and the final point are being revealed simultaneously.
Boku no Hero Academia does not have a remarkable past except for the mystery of said superhero powers. Everything is laid out almost instantly - most important part of it is present which is moving towards the future. Backgrounds are kind of irrelevant, as ultimately one goes villain, the other goes hero, and the story is unraveling around Midoriya and Shigaraki, with series supposedly ending with the latter coming in terms with his own anger. Someday, in the future. But we see the hero society resolve right now, slowly moving towards said future (I sure hope this wall of text is at least processable, forget understandable). The difference in storytelling is also impacting how viewers view said series. But they should not be compared, and definitely do not compete with each other.
Daniel_NaumovAug 20, 2018 6:59 AM
Aug 20, 2018 2:34 PM
Jan 2018
Username23489023 said:
sorry but wtf are u an expert or something why are u like this like an expert in anime thats cringe af
Aug 20, 2018 2:56 PM

Oct 2017
mhkr said:

MAL scores don't mean shit

Aug 20, 2018 2:57 PM

Oct 2017
Eight-Man said:

Its only leagues above it if you prefer a childish & predictable Shounen over a compelling story with a more mature tone
Aug 20, 2018 3:07 PM

Jun 2017
Aardwolf94 said:

I know... why many guys quoting my post?! I just want to say SnK fandom can't beat MHA, Jojo, Gintama and Steins;Gate fandom
And yeah I also think this season of Attack on Titan is better than at least My Hero Academia S3 and Steins;Gate 0
Aug 20, 2018 3:22 PM
Aug 2013
I honestly don’t want to have an opinion about season three immediately, but from what I’ve seen of the first few episodes I don’t think that this season will beat the last two. Then again I’ve only seen the first five episodes that have aired. This arc is indeed quite boring but I think it’s also because us fans are so use too tremendous scenes with fighting titans that when it’s slowed down to talk about the government and the future of the walls it appears boring.
Perhaps the season will get more upbeat in time since I’ve been reading that it will get better but till then I’m not sure how I feel about season three yet.
Aug 20, 2018 10:13 PM
Apr 2016
Aardwolf94 said:

with a more mature tone

Now that's a stretch I know I would not be willing to make if I were to retain my sense of what is true.
mhkr said:
Aardwolf94 said:

I know... why many guys quoting my post?! I just want to say SnK fandom can't beat MHA, Jojo, Gintama and Steins;Gate fandom
And yeah I also think this season of Attack on Titan is better than at least My Hero Academia S3 and Steins;Gate 0

Steins Gate does not even get to compare! It is a (pseudo)scientific drama stretched almost to the point of not resembling reality. Almost. The rest is action packed... something. Anyone comparing them to S:G and trying to determine which is better should drink some brain vitamins or something.
Aug 21, 2018 7:49 AM

Oct 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Aardwolf94 said:

with a more mature tone

Now that's a stretch I know I would not be willing to make if I were to retain my sense of what is true.
mhkr said:

Steins Gate does not even get to compare! It is a (pseudo)scientific drama stretched almost to the point of not resembling reality. Almost. The rest is action packed... something. Anyone comparing them to S:G and trying to determine which is better should drink some brain vitamins or something.

Its not a stretch at all. I'm not saying AoT doesn't have its "juvenile" aspects but it clearly deals with more mature subjects and the writing improves a lot (S3 currently shows that). BNHA is an enjoyable but overall very childish & cliche Shounen, it just avoids the worst aspects of other popular Shounen and somehow people think its a masterpiece
Aug 21, 2018 7:51 AM

Apr 2016
Aardwolf94 said:
Eight-Man said:

Its only leagues above it if you prefer a childish & predictable Shounen over a compelling story with a more mature tone

And sicne when is SnK "compelling story with a more mature tone" ?
Aug 21, 2018 7:57 AM

Oct 2017
Swagernator said:
Aardwolf94 said:

And sicne when is SnK "compelling story with a more mature tone" ?

At least since S2, if not already the second arc of the first season and the story has only gotten more interesting since then. It still has its juvenile aspects like 99% of anime but I don't think its a reach to say its more mature and compelling (in terms of plot) than BnhA which is as childish and cliche as Shounen get (freaking Naruto explored more interesting stuff, especially early on)
Aug 21, 2018 7:57 AM

Jan 2018
keragamming said:

Boobsftw said:

Of course ny hero acadamia season 3 has more members than snk season 3, my hero s3 has been airing since April, it means it has more time to gain more members, while snk literally started 5 weeks ago.

Check my hero s2 and snk s2 member count in comparison, both aired in April last year, snk s2 has 40k more members than my hero s2, even though my hero s2 had 25 episodes which means it was airing for 6 month compare to snk that was airing for only 3 month, and still couldn't gather more members than snk season 2.

what about ss1?Aot ss1 has more like 500k members than bnha,then Aot ss2 has ONLY more about 40k members than bnha ss2 so my prediction is that bnha ss3 is gonna beat Aot ss3 this time.
Aug 21, 2018 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
keragamming said:
It will be interesting to see if any opinion change for the good or the bad once December 31/Janauary 1 2019 arrives when the season ends.

I think it will be good but BnHA will sadly still be higher ranked and maybe even more popular. AoT has had the "its overrated" circlejerk since S1 and BnHA seems to have avoided it somehow.

Also they took too long for S2 and the hype has died down compared to BnHA
Aug 21, 2018 8:34 AM

Oct 2013
Boobsftw said:
keragamming said:

what about ss1?Aot ss1 has more like 500k members than bnha,then Aot ss2 has ONLY more about 40k members than bnha ss2 so my prediction is that bnha ss3 is gonna beat Aot ss3 this time.

It is already beating snk season 3, the question is if with time snk s3 will surpass bnh s3 member count, maybe by next year it will pass it, maybe not. It's not really something I'm really interested in, just was pointing out something.

Aardwolf94 said:
keragamming said:

I think it will be good but BnHA will sadly still be higher ranked and maybe even more popular. AoT has had the "its overrated" circlejerk since S1 and BnHA seems to have avoided it somehow.

Also they took too long for S2 and the hype has died down compared to BnHA

We will see, we have not even gotten to the good stuff yet of this season 8.62 rating currently, and as you said the hype is not that big, which may also be a blessing in disguise, because less hype, means less haters as well.

This season will be answering the most questions and it will have some of the best fights in anime this year, I'm pretty sure Levi battle in episode 2 is already a top 10 contender, and the ending will overall be good, if its ending were I think it is, this season offer character development and strong story story progression compare to the last two season.

And I have notice bnh s3 score has been dropping, not sure why I'm not up to date with the anime, but it may have a good ending and spike back its score up.

A lot of persons that don't like the series are not even watching snk anymore, especially since it is not as hype again, so there is no reason to hop on the hate train, so if this season can do a good job to please the fans or the persons that find the series decent at best, which it has done so far, I think this season 3 will have a really high score.
Aug 22, 2018 1:52 AM

Aug 2017
Nah, SNK needs to beat this score https://myanimelist.net/anime/35180/3-gatsu_no_Lion_2nd_Season and https://myanimelist.net/anime/30484/Steins_Gate_0?q=stein%20gate
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 22, 2018 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
Hopefully it beats Steins Gate Zero
Aug 23, 2018 4:33 PM

Dec 2015
Boobsftw said:
keragamming said:

One thing people are forgetting is that a lot of people stopped using MAL after the site take a long time to be back. But BNH S3 launched before all this happend, so it's only natural SNK S3 have less members right now
Aug 27, 2018 1:22 PM

Sep 2014
since the year already started/continued with a better one, no.

Also Jojo and maybe Index? lets see

I definitely like the season so far though
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 27, 2018 3:19 PM

Jan 2015
sadly hero garbage is overhyped and overrated, so maybe not in terms of popularity, but it is definitely on an other level than any anime this year/decade.
Sep 5, 2018 10:07 AM
Aug 2016
It beated them already its attack on titan always on the top no matter how many haters keep distortion it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 25, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.