Forum Settings
Forums

What is one show that you think started out really good, but then ended up being a disaster?

New
Aug 20, 2018 1:27 PM

Apr 2017
My choice came out pretty recently and it is Darling in the Franxx. The first 15 episodes I wanted to give it a 7 or 8 but as the show went on it kept getting worse and worse as the mysteries of the show were revealed. It was so bad that I wish I just stopped at episode 15 and pretended that was the end. Anyways let me see your guys choices!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2018 1:31 PM

Oct 2015
Never really transpired to me to be on a level of significance then a downward spiral to mockery of any anime.

But I'll go with Kakegurui cause I thought it was hot, then it got tedious, so I resorted to reading Kakegurui doujins.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Aug 20, 2018 1:31 PM

Feb 2018
Zankyou no terror i really liked it at first but hated it at the end.
Aug 20, 2018 1:32 PM
we back

Aug 2015
Neon Genesis Evangelion
As much as I hate this anime, I actually thought the premise of it was pretty good.

However, it decided to take a one way trip to generic psychological anime land, and turned into a horrible anime.
Aug 20, 2018 1:33 PM

Dec 2016
SAO, 1st episode quite good, then the rest is history.

Erased, great hook, nice development, god awful ending.

Code Gayass ... 1st season pretty entertaining despite some issues, 2nd season a disaster of epic proportions.
Aug 20, 2018 1:38 PM

Jul 2017
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Aug 20, 2018 1:41 PM

Jun 2017
Most of the anime are starting good but being bad after a while tbh...
Aug 20, 2018 1:42 PM

Aug 2015
91 Days, easy enough concept to pull off, I mean look at most american films and tv shows that have done it and you will see that they are usually all well received. So how come 91 Days decided to shit on perhaps one of the strongest aspects of these types of stories and create such terrible characters? Blah, what a shame.
Aug 20, 2018 1:45 PM

Dec 2017
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. It was so much fun, but I absolutely didn't get that ending... I don't wanna spoil so I won't tell more details, but I think those who saw the anime know about what I am mad.

arete
β™‘ β™‘ β™‘
i want to sing japanese songs...

Aug 20, 2018 1:46 PM

Jan 2016
Charlotte and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress for me, and funnily for almost the same reason. Both were better when they were about just episodic adventures the characters were on, both went to shit when they introduced an overarching plot that was atrocious.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Aug 20, 2018 1:50 PM

May 2017
KADO: The Right Answer is one that comes to mind.
Aug 20, 2018 1:50 PM

Apr 2016
Darling in the FRANXX
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai
Code Geass
No. 6

Aug 20, 2018 1:52 PM

Dec 2016
SAO the 1st episode was very good but then it gradually became shit
ν•œ 번만 μ‚΄μ§€λ§Œ μ œλŒ€λ‘œ ν•˜λ©΄ ν•œ 번이면 μΆ©λΆ„ν•΄μš”
Aug 20, 2018 1:55 PM
Mar 2018
While not a show but a movie (and I know people aren't gonna like me for saying this) but Akira. It started out so great with that motorcycle chase scene, some nice action, good character interaction, and stunning animation that still holds up to this day. However as Akira went on I just got more and more bored of watching it, the characters, pacing, and story absolutely killed Akira for me.
Aug 20, 2018 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
God, I bring this fucking show up way too much on the forums, but yes. Crapling in my aSS
ShadowMonkeyAug 20, 2018 2:01 PM
Aug 20, 2018 2:02 PM

Sep 2015
too many to bother listing, but as of this year it has to be DiTF. It started off okay-ish although it made some questionable dumb decisions and just went out of control with each episode.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Aug 20, 2018 2:06 PM

Feb 2018
zero no tsukaima ....started off promising and just got worse and worse
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2018 2:07 PM
Jun 2015
Akame ga Kill, Juuni Taisen, Log Horizon, and Seven Deadly Sins.

Juuni Taisen was the only I gave a bad score, but that anime really didn’t know where to progress and what characters should’ve been kept in the story. Plot armor is also kind of boring, however, that would’ve been better than the alternative. [Spoilers] It just became a clusterfuck of uninteresting characters fighting the interesting characters who were reanimated into mindless zombies... Thus, removing those characters interesting personality traits.
Aug 20, 2018 2:07 PM
Jan 2018
Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V. Started out good but after a while, the pacing became all over the place and the writing became crap. It was sadly a cluttered, rushed, unsatisfied mess.
Aug 20, 2018 2:08 PM

Nov 2016
zankyou no terror definitely
twin exorcists, Now and Then, Here and There, vampire knight, bokurano
theres many. etc etc SAO not included.
Aug 20, 2018 2:10 PM

Apr 2015
Way too many to count actually. Big ones that come to mind are Akashic Records, SAO, Gosick, Charlotte and Chaika.
Aug 20, 2018 2:13 PM

Feb 2015
Ok, ok, ok there is only ONE anime that this REALLY applies to.

And that anime is Seikaisuru Kado/KADO: The Right Answer.

Aug 20, 2018 2:16 PM
Aug 2017
Sao, trinity seven, kabeneri of the iron fortress
Aug 20, 2018 2:55 PM

Feb 2017
Cross Ange... you can't just put a male character as the love interest in a yuri anime. Where the hell the ships AngexHilda, AngexSalamandinay or even AngexMomoka left?

What do you see here? exactly, the things as should be
Aug 20, 2018 2:58 PM

Oct 2017
would say ditf but it was never good imo, okay at best during its peak
Aug 20, 2018 3:32 PM
Aug 2016
Kakegurui looked fun but turned out to be a stinky pile of retardation and goofy lookin' faces.
Aug 20, 2018 3:33 PM

Jul 2017
One does not simply name a single show

- B: The Beginning: Interesting premise with decent early episodes. Becomes a rushed mess as it progresses.

- Binbougami ga: It's not a bad anime, however, they really dropped the ball when attempted to deliver some more 'serious' messages. At the end, a jumbled mess of things and compromised identity.

- Flip Flappers: Decent start that did not last very long and quickly got polluted by cheap melodrama, senseless and highly questionable events.

- Brynhildr in the Darkness: Promising premise, interesting first few episodes, lack of ambition. The anime that never achieved anything - is what I like to call it. The only good thing about this anime was the OP.

- Mekakucity Actors: Interesting introduction and setup, that lead to...nothing. Forgettable anime is all it became.

- Princess Principal: Acceptable introduction, somewhat interesting characters and a setting I enjoy a lot. Went from episodic event anime to a story driven anime half way trough. Ends up being a detached experience with rushed progression and one of the least interesting endings one could possibly imagine.

Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Aug 20, 2018 3:36 PM

Oct 2017
I feel like most people are going to say Erased because of the ending, but I personally liked it.
Aug 20, 2018 3:42 PM

Sep 2017
I thought Tokyo ghoul had a really good first episode and just went downhill after that
Aug 20, 2018 3:43 PM

Dec 2016
Oh, the trainwrecks. So many. I'd say Kabaneri, because I genuinely believed it could be good, but hell... things didn't work out.
Aug 20, 2018 3:43 PM

Apr 2018
Darling in the Franxx started off mediocre, stayed mediocre, had some good moments, and ended in a dumpster fire post ep 19 (so this one doesnt really count)

Megalo Box ep 1 was fucking amazing then the quality drastically dropped towards the middle and the end (music consistently stayed god tier tho)

Erased started off great but had a retarded ending

Charlotte started off with an interesting concept but it ended pretty terribly ngl

Clannad's ending made sense given context from the VN but was executed pretty poorly

...and don't get me started on Rurouni Kenshin
Imperio_nAug 20, 2018 3:57 PM
Aug 20, 2018 3:49 PM

Aug 2018
Heh, I would say Darling in The FranXX is the most recent one. I enjoyed it untill episode 11. Then I started to feel where the show was heading towards. I still watched it trough because I only cared about the main characters at that point because I felt THAT emotional connection with them.

Also Mirrai Nikki (Future Diary) started good for me, but then became a huge mess. Even a huger mess than Darling In The FranXX did for me.
Timz0rAug 20, 2018 4:07 PM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Aug 20, 2018 3:53 PM

Apr 2016
mayoiga i really liked the plot when i read it and i found it interesting up until like episode 4 then i realised the show was a recipe for disaster cause too many characters which i still don't even know a single name of them

one flower that continues to struggle for
blossom is more beautiful than a gem

❀
Aug 20, 2018 3:56 PM

Aug 2018
Darling in the Franxx, it was my favorite show of the season and probably one of my top shows of 2018 until Episode 17 or so

Afterwards, it was pretty bad
Aug 20, 2018 4:05 PM

Aug 2015
Last two episodes of Erased ruined the whole show.
Re:Zero because Subaru manages to get dumber in every new episode.
AoT: I was really disappointed when Eren becomes titan - it kinda kills the idea of "humans vs giant monsters", now it's just "titans vs. titans" mostly.

I don't understand why people name Darling in The FranXX here - in the beginning is was crappy fanservice show about giant robots with boobs and in the second half is mediocre dystopian drama / guren lagann clone. I don't say it becomes good but it's still better then first half.
Aug 20, 2018 4:09 PM

Apr 2017
AoT had a great first episode, but it peaked in episode 1 and had a steep decline
Aug 20, 2018 4:15 PM

Apr 2017
UrbanSpaceman said:
Last two episodes of Erased ruined the whole show.
Re:Zero because Subaru manages to get dumber in every new episode.
AoT: I was really disappointed when Eren becomes titan - it kinda kills the idea of "humans vs giant monsters", now it's just "titans vs. titans" mostly.

I don't understand why people name Darling in The FranXX here - in the beginning is was crappy fanservice show about giant robots with boobs and in the second half is mediocre dystopian drama / guren lagann clone. I don't say it becomes good but it's still better then first half.
DiTF gets a lot of hate for being a crappy fan service show in the beginning, but I think that is entirely over blown. Sure, the episode where the acid gets on their suits or Zero Two being naked a few times can seem a bit much, but it’s pretty tame compared to other shows. The way they pilot can also be seen as fan service, but I don’t think it is that bad.
Aug 20, 2018 4:16 PM

May 2012
The_Missing_Link said:
AoT had a great first episode, but it peaked in episode 1 and had a steep decline

I agree. I got death threats back in the day for saying that. Good times.
Aug 20, 2018 4:16 PM

Dec 2016
Easy, generic (but true) answers: Darling in the FranXX, Charlotte, most long-running shounens

Controversial answer: Neon Genesis Evangelion. Don't @ me Eva fans

What's the difference?
Aug 20, 2018 4:17 PM

Aug 2018
UrbanSpaceman said:
*snip*

Nah, Darling in The FranXX just became another Japanese propaganda show for people overthere to breed disguised as a dystopian show with some fanservice and robots. Nothing more, nothing less. That bothered me mostly.

Sure, most people overhere like fanservice (me included), but I really wished DiTF was not just another Japanese breed propaganda show. If they dropped the propaganda, the show would be much better for sure.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Aug 20, 2018 4:19 PM

Jul 2017
justcaolan said:
I thought Tokyo ghoul had a really good first episode and just went downhill after that
Honestly I think that the last episode of the first season was the peak of the series, but yeah it did go downhill after that with other seasons
Aug 20, 2018 4:23 PM

Apr 2017
Timz0r said:
UrbanSpaceman said:
*snip*

Nah, Darling in The FranXX just became another Japanese propaganda show for people overthere to breed disguised as a dystopian show with some fanservice and robots. Nothing more, nothing less. That bothered me mostly.

Sure, most people overhere like fanservice (me included), but I really wished DiTF was not just another Japanese breed propaganda show. If they dropped the propaganda, the show would be much better for sure.
It is pretty sad when all you can take away from the show is “hey I should go have children”. It being propaganda is pretty much spot on.
Aug 20, 2018 4:25 PM
Aug 2017
SAO. For me the first arc/ first half season was the best and only sao for me.
There would be no Waifu Wars if all we agreed to the harem plan.
Aug 20, 2018 4:29 PM

Feb 2017
Basically every anime that has been overhyped. My worst would be SAO & Overlord, but everyone could agree on Soul Eater's ending...

Aug 20, 2018 4:30 PM

May 2014
Ergo Proxy, second half ruined it for me, pacing was god awful.
Aug 20, 2018 4:31 PM

Apr 2017
Daemon said:
Easy, generic (but true) answers: Darling in the FranXX, Charlotte, most long-running shounens

Controversial answer: Neon Genesis Evangelion. Don't @ me Eva fans
I’m sorry Eva hating will not be tolerated on this thread 😀😀😀
Aug 20, 2018 4:32 PM

Jan 2013
Strike The Blood for me. It got so terrible
Aug 20, 2018 4:36 PM

Feb 2017
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai. Making main characters stupid and acting on a whim isn't what "comedy" means.
Aug 20, 2018 4:48 PM

Aug 2018
Aslat24 said:
It is pretty sad when all you can take away from the show is “hey I should go have children”. It being propaganda is pretty much spot on.

It's indeed pretty sad the world is litterly dying out because our presence and yet the Japanese refuse to take immigrants for thier declining population. But that's a whole other story.

Turtles_Hunter said:
Wait, is that really a thing? It seems interesting, do you know more about that, about that show or in general?

That's indeed a thing yes. Once you can reconise it, you'll see pretty much everywhere. Even in our western society this propaganda get's forced upon us.
Aug 21, 2018 6:52 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Sword Art Online, Little Witch Academia (TV), Show by Rock #, Marchen Madchen, Digimon Adventure Tri, Re:Creators

Good ideas, poorly executed

SAO got redemption through Gun Gale Online
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are anime too exaggerated?

SimplyBrazen - 20 minutes ago

7 by Zowabo »»
12 seconds ago

» morality indicators in anime

slopgobbler - Yesterday

31 by JaniSIr »»
5 minutes ago

» Create Your Perfect Staff: ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jun 19

63 by BatoKusanagi »»
29 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 3 )

melodyily - Jun 15

102 by BatoKusanagi »»
53 minutes ago

» Waifus that will cuck you (nominate 1 or 2 characters)

IpreferEcchi - 10 hours ago

6 by Rola »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.