Forum Settings
Forums

Manga '5-toubun no Hanayome' Gets TV Anime

New
Aug 7, 2018 8:12 AM

Nov 2007
TBS opened an official website on Wednesday and announced that manga 5-toubun no Hanayome will get a TV anime adaptation. The series is slated for next year via TBS.

Synopsis
One day, a poor high school second-year named Fuutaro Uesugi comes across a private tutoring gig with good pay. But his pupils are his classmates!! And they're quintuplets!! A-and they're all gorgeous girls, but they're also troublemakers who hate to study and are on the verge of flunking out! And his first task is simply gaining the sisters' trust?! Every day is a party! The curtain is rising on the Nakano quintuplets' quirky romantic comedy with five times the cute!! (Source: Kodansha Comics USA)

5-toubun no Hanayome has been serialized via Weekly Shounen Magazine by Negi Haruba since last August. The fifth compiled volume was released on July 17. Sakura Ayane (Ballroom e Youkoso) voiced all five Nakano sisters in a CM commemorating the first volume release. The manga also commemorates its one year anniversary on Wednesday. Kodansha Comics USA publishes the series digitally in English and released the second volume on July 24.

Official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/5hanayome/
Official Twitter: @5Hanayome_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Gotoubun no Hanayome on MAL
tsubasaloverNov 25, 2018 7:17 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 8, 2018 12:25 AM

Nov 2011
I'm actually really curious to see who will voice the main girls in the series. They definitely need a talented voice cast to bring out their personalities.

Aug 8, 2018 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
Not gonna lie this seems more like something I would probably enjoy, however I personally will go and wait for information.

VanishingKira said:
Seeing unconfirmed rumors that it's studio might be Shaft,I hope not I'd rather they do Kaguya like they've also been rumored to be doing.

This is just a me thing but to be honest, despite being rumors I still can't see Kaguya fitting with the Shaft style at all. I can maybe see it for this one (which is the show announced for this thread), but with Kaguya... I don't know. It just feels and looks like a pretty weird choice.
Aug 8, 2018 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
VanishingKira said:
Seeing unconfirmed rumors that it's studio might be Shaft,I hope not I'd rather they do Kaguya like they've also been rumored to be doing.

Shaft fits this one as a romcom more than kaguya.
Aug 8, 2018 2:10 AM

Jan 2018
Don't know how to feel about this one though.
Aug 8, 2018 2:30 AM

Dec 2015
The manga seems good, considering the genre. Will probably check it out.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 8, 2018 2:48 AM

Apr 2017
Stark700 said:
I'm actually really curious to see who will voice the main girls in the series. They definitely need a talented voice cast to bring out their personalities.

Actually all the quintuplet sisters will be voice by Ayane Sakura... Since they're pretty very identical..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 8, 2018 3:39 AM

Nov 2007
RnDHiki said:
Actually all the quintuplet sisters will be voice by Ayane Sakura... Since they're pretty very identical..
The CM is, but it has not announced who will be vicing those 5 for TV series yet.
Aug 8, 2018 3:43 AM

Apr 2012
Frostbytes said:
VanishingKira said:

Ironically, this manga is often called the "second Nisekoi", lol. But personally, I do not think that this work would fit this studio. Rather, someone like feel or LIDENFILMS.
Aug 8, 2018 3:44 AM
Dec 2013
I've read a few chapters of this and I think it's a pretty unique harem manga since all the girls in the harem are siblings. I don't think anything like that has been done before in the harem genre. Glad to see it getting an anime.
Aug 8, 2018 3:51 AM

Apr 2012
BirthOfVenus said:
I've read a few chapters of this and I think it's a pretty unique harem manga since all the girls in the harem are siblings. I don't think anything like that has been done before in the harem genre. Glad to see it getting an anime.

Well, I would not call it a harem. Yes, it officially has such a tag, but while we already have rumors about the imminent end of the manga, canonically only two girls are in love with MC.

Aug 8, 2018 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
Frostbytes said:

Ironically, this manga is often called the "second Nisekoi", lol. But personally, I do not think that this work would fit this studio. Rather, someone like feel or LIDENFILMS.

Not really, it's much better than nicekoi, the mc alone makes it 10 times better. I have often seen bokuben being called second nisekoi in fact
removed-userAug 8, 2018 4:19 AM
Aug 8, 2018 4:06 AM

Apr 2012
Frostbytes said:
RobertBobert said:

Not really, it's much better than mc, the mc alone makes it 10 times better. I have often seen bokuben being called second nisekoi in fact

Well, in this case the similarity is caused only by the search for a girl from the past. Although I know too little about Nisekoi, so maybe there's something else
Aug 8, 2018 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
Frostbytes said:

Not really, it's much better than mc, the mc alone makes it 10 times better. I have often seen bokuben being called second nisekoi in fact

Well, in this case the similarity is caused only by the search for a girl from the past. Although I know too little about Nisekoi, so maybe there's something else

yeah that's the only plotpoint which is kind of similar
Aug 8, 2018 4:27 AM

Oct 2012
Looking forward to watching it!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Aug 8, 2018 4:46 AM

Aug 2015
Surprised to see this getting an anime adaptation as it's no really a good series and is quite boring and predictable too

Still,let's see how good or bad it will turn out to be.
Aug 8, 2018 4:47 AM

Dec 2017
okay
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, check
Go-Toubun no Hanayome, check

just give me Komi-san wa Komyushou desu and Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, and i will died in peace

seeing the new visual, i believe they’ll aired until the final or something, i dont wanna see this one end abruptly please:(
Aug 8, 2018 6:06 AM
Sep 2017
Harem eh...
Im probably not gonna watch this.

Aug 8, 2018 6:33 AM

Jun 2015
oh yeahhh finally it's back.

hmmm dont know what to expect but i'll watch it probably.

ok :p
Aug 8, 2018 7:27 AM

Jul 2015
More harems to avoid
Aug 8, 2018 7:33 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Mmmmmmaybe ? Depends. Seems like a lot of people are hyped for this but depends of the staff and when its airing.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 8, 2018 8:40 AM

Nov 2012
I'm guessing the manga is approaching the end so the anime will run alongside it or something so.

This seems to be the pattern of things recently. Actually interested to see how this goes since I wanna see if all my predictions were right.
Aug 8, 2018 8:55 AM

Feb 2009
Time to continue reading it again. Don't know why I stopped reading it but I guess I found some of the girls annoying and unlikeable. Still, the CM with Ayaneru voicing all of them is pretty good. Though that seems rough for her so I guess we'll get several voices for them.
Aug 8, 2018 8:56 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I've been reading the manga for almost a year and I can say that I'm really happy about this news. Yay.

I just hope that JC Staff wont work on this cause they would just mess this one up. (Yes I'm a hardcore JC Staff hater)
Aug 8, 2018 10:38 AM
Apr 2014
Nice

Nice

Nice

Hopefully there'll be some good VAs
Aug 8, 2018 10:43 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
BirthOfVenus said:

Well, I would not call it a harem. Yes, it officially has such a tag, but while we already have rumors about the imminent end of the manga, canonically only two girls are in love with MC.

Not really. I guess "confirmed" 2 yeah, but it's pretty darn obvious the rest of the girls have some sort of feelings for the MC

Unfortunately, we know best girl miku won't win
Aug 8, 2018 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
What I hate about a manga like this is that it’s always the tsundere that wins.
Aug 8, 2018 2:04 PM

Nov 2008
Raycee said:

Yeah, that needs to die down, tsundere is not well liked as it was in the 00's. Can we have the shy girl win for once.

Aug 8, 2018 3:09 PM
Mar 2015
Hoppy said:
Raycee said:

Yeah, that needs to die down, tsundere is not well liked as it was in the 00's. Can we have the shy girl win for once.

This, specially because Miku (the shy girl in this manga) is undoubtedly the best girl.
Aug 8, 2018 5:20 PM

Apr 2012
Short_Circut said:
RobertBobert said:

Not really. I guess "confirmed" 2 yeah, but it's pretty darn obvious the rest of the girls have some sort of feelings for the MC

Rather it is obvious that they will develop it in the future, I would say.

AcX said:
Hoppy said:

This, specially because Miku (the shy girl in this manga) is undoubtedly the best girl.

Yeah. I do not hate Itsuki herself, but if she wins, it will be incredibly trite and boring. The victory of shy girl would also be a cliche, but the Miku line is sufficiently developed to support her.
Aug 8, 2018 5:46 PM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
Short_Circut said:

Rather it is obvious that they will develop it in the future, I would say.

AcX said:

Yeah. I do not hate Itsuki herself, but if she wins, it will be incredibly trite and boring. The victory of shy girl would also be a cliche, but the Miku line is sufficiently developed to support her.

They're all pretty much developed imo. Other than outright saying they have feelings for him it's pretty clear that each of them likes him.

But alas the only feelings that matter is Itsuki's cause we know she's gonna win in the end feelsbadman
Aug 8, 2018 5:50 PM

Apr 2012
@Short_Circut Even Nino? I can believe in the feelings of Yotsuba and Itsuki, but she ...
Aug 8, 2018 5:58 PM

Jan 2016
Sasuga Ayaneru.-
Aug 8, 2018 6:21 PM

Jul 2017
@RobertBobert especially Nino ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But yeah out of all of them, Nino probably has the least feelings, but especially after the events from the recent chapters, I'm pretty sure she has feelings for him now
Aug 8, 2018 7:35 PM

Mar 2015
it's not gonna ended anytime soon... also
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 8, 2018 8:34 PM

Feb 2015
Wait did the synopsis mentioned "he"? The cover photo contradicts to it though. I must be dreaming.

Anyway I'm just expecting you're cliche harem/romance/SoL thing so yup...
Aug 8, 2018 10:08 PM

Jan 2014
_Ako_ said:
Wait did the synopsis mentioned "he"? The cover photo contradicts to it though. I must be dreaming.

no, the cover photo contain five of heroines only. There's no main mc there
Aug 8, 2018 10:12 PM

Feb 2015
dnpdn said:
_Ako_ said:

no, the cover photo contain five of heroines only. There's no main mc there

Japan's putting effort in their soon-to-be cashgrab moeblob anime huh.

Aug 9, 2018 3:21 AM

Sep 2017
If anyone reads the manga there's a Male character here ... but the main focus of the Anime is the 5 MC hence the title ... I liked the manga and I'm excited to see the adaptation of the anime ... One the things i look up to 2019 :D
Aug 9, 2018 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
The girls look hot and it sounds like there could be some teasing involved. Would probably watch if the fanservice is good.
Aug 28, 2018 1:58 AM
Jul 2014
I'm excited. But the thing is, whenever a series, that I know, like this one, gets an announcement, I feel that the people that don't read the manga will write this one off because it sounds cliched. Hopefully that isn't the case here. It's definitely worth a shot.
Sep 13, 2018 8:32 PM

Nov 2007
Winter 2019
https://twitter.com/5Hanayome/status/1040253790027276289?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Sep 13, 2018 11:51 PM

Nov 2011
Miku is best girl.
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 24, 2018 5:16 AM

Nov 2007
Sold over 100 million copies.
https://twitter.com/negi_haruba/status/1055030244506103808

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by kataneer »»
23 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.