Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2018 6:11 PM

Mar 2018
Artur_Moreira said:
Im so curious about the Scream and Visions

Ya see here, I strongly suggest you to watch the Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. This film will easily explain the phenomenon that happened in this episode.

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ YOᑌ.... ᑕOᑌᒪᗪ IT ᗷE TᕼᗩT YOᑌ'ᖇE ᒍᑌᔕT ᗩᑎ IᗪIOT?
~ Araragi Senpai

* .    *
.      ˚    *   ·
.  ✦             ✫ ·
.    ✢    °         ✧    .       
Apr 25, 2018 6:48 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

It was inevitable that Okabe would get attached to Amadeus and you honestly can't blame him for it.

All the scenes where he reflects or gets that feeling that Kurisu is really there inside Amadeus really hits hard.

The, "Which grade" was hilarious, poor Maho. XD
"But, he's a guy" never gets old. XDD

Santa outfits were great. <3

The final scene was pretty hard to watch. T.T
Apr 25, 2018 6:49 PM
May 2011
SinnerPoetry said:
mohd711 said:

No

'cuz Kurisu is :P

There is no Kurisu here.

You fell into the trap Maho was pointing out. That's an AI, therefore Maho best girl.

Oh God, where is the LIKE BUTTON, damn, MAL need the feature to upvote comment
Apr 25, 2018 6:49 PM

Nov 2017
I am 100% sure Okabe changed world lines at the end. A distorted version of the sound effect used when Okabe shifts world lines in the 2009 vn can be heard. If you don't think so, the most damning evidence is the little segment of "Reading Steiner" that can be heard shortly after.
BorisTheBladeApr 25, 2018 6:58 PM
Sent from my Jitterbug using the Tapatalk app
Apr 25, 2018 7:05 PM

Jun 2013
holy shit the hype is real

great episode as always
Apr 25, 2018 7:15 PM

May 2017
I didn't like this episode as well as the other two, I felt it was just "ok". Regardless, the story is moving along quite nicely, can't wait till next weeks episode!

Apr 25, 2018 7:19 PM

Sep 2015
God Mayuri sadly saying Okabe already likes some one hits right in the kokoro. Childhood friends never win.
I love Leskinen's reaction when it was reveals 'he's a dude'
Apr 25, 2018 7:22 PM

Jan 2012
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
Now that we're three episodes in, I have to point something out. You know how most people think that regular S;G started off really slow (a claim I personally disagree with)? I think that S;G 0 is starting off even slower so far, and if it wasn't riding in on the first class car of a hype train, people'd be more angry with it.

People dont appreciate build up and complain if the end feels shallow because there wasnt enough build up usually, its why some just bother to fill in action stuff, so actual stuff happens to make it seem interesting with less payoff. So its always weird to read stuff like "it starts slow" when its needed to make the other episodes stronger. At least some did understand this in case of S;G.

I dont see how S;G 0 is slower despite even focusing on pre-building even more stuff than the VN did at this point with slight rearranges and merges, so it will be a good payoff this time too.
sanleiApr 25, 2018 7:28 PM
Apr 25, 2018 8:01 PM

Feb 2012
Another really good episode. The Professor falling for the oldest trick in the book and his reaction when Okabe says 'he's a dude' lol XD. Okabe's interactions with Amadeus were really entertaining. The moment where he says why he called Kurisu Christina was really touching altho good thing that Maho took the phone from him since he was getting too into it. But then Okabe's scream at the end :( and those PTSD flashbacks damn.
Apr 25, 2018 8:04 PM

Dec 2017
This is the cutest episode of Steins;Gate I have ever seen. Mayuri and Faris are just an overload of cuteness in this episode, and the way the episode ended has left me in intense anticipation for what will happen next week. But damn, poor Okabe. I couldn't go through that. And Suzuha, too. I would hate it if people were always planning things behind my back. I feel bad for both characters.
violadimApr 25, 2018 8:09 PM
Apr 25, 2018 8:05 PM

Nov 2011
Petition to stop Okarin suffering.
Just let him be happy with his virtual waifu.
Okay, that's not healthy I know, I just want him to have a break...

Poor Suzuha, everyone is always conspiring behind her back. No wonder she can't relax.
The Okabe moment with Amadeus was really cute, too bad we have to be reminded of the harsh truths of this timeline.
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 25, 2018 8:18 PM
Apr 2018
zcv45 said:
God Mayuri sadly saying Okabe already likes some one hits right in the kokoro. Childhood friends never win.
I love Leskinen's reaction when it was reveals 'he's a dude'

The real heroes are never praised or prized. But humans are self-delusional creatures exactly as Okabe with that Amadeus that fits him not less than Kurisu herself. Maho , Mayuri, Suzuha, even Faris (poor Yukitaka) are not likely to win anything although their participance is decisive. They're not "best girls" due to this damned concept "the winner takes it all", irrelevant and unfair. But on the other hand, I definitely doubt if Okabe deserves such girls (adult/sweetheart/warrior/responsible). Kyouma - possibly, but Okabe - not.
Aindriu94Apr 25, 2018 8:26 PM
Apr 25, 2018 8:47 PM
Apr 2018
Had me crying before the opening, and then throughout. Man, this is going to tear me apart, but I'm loving it.

And surely it will only even more emotional as it goes on.
Apr 25, 2018 9:12 PM

Apr 2013
I bet Okabe didn't expect his Christmas present to be PTSD
Surprise Okarin!
Apr 25, 2018 9:33 PM

May 2016
Deykar said:
At this point i wish i didnt read the visual novel, so i could go into this series blind. But then again, i never would have had the patience to wait this long. xD

Just play/read the VN, It not 100% same because VN more detail .but trust me that you still able to enjoy the anime even you have read the VN like me

Apr 25, 2018 9:41 PM

May 2016
Damn, this episode 5/5. It make my memories of VN a mess. so... I guess the anime will go to PR first? well I guess time to read VN once again

Apr 25, 2018 10:20 PM

Dec 2014
87% of people gave this a 5/5?
Is this actually a joke that I wasn't aware of? Absolutely nothing happened in this episode to deserve such praise. The "cliffhanger" was the same grimdark PTSD that Okabe already had in episode 1, and will continue to have constantly for the entire show over and over.

1/5
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Apr 25, 2018 10:22 PM
Nov 2016
Amazing episode, so far Steins;Gate 0 is living up to my expectations, I really hope they manage to capture most of the important details of the VN, I haven't played the VN though.

My only complaint so far is the CGI used for Kurisu, is like is not constant. In some parts of this episode Kurisu was in CGI but in other parts she had normal drawing.

If they going to make Kurisu in CGI then they should keep the CGI for consistency. Seeing her in CGI and then seeing her with normal drawing on other parts is a bit distracting I guess...
xZabuzaxApr 25, 2018 10:25 PM
Apr 25, 2018 10:40 PM

Jan 2014
xZabuzax said:
Amazing episode, so far Steins;Gate 0 is living up to my expectations, I really hope they manage to capture most of the important details of the VN, I haven't played the VN though.

My only complaint so far is the CGI used for Kurisu, is like is not constant. In some parts of this episode Kurisu was in CGI but in other parts she had normal drawing.

If they going to make Kurisu in CGI then they should keep the CGI for consistency. Seeing her in CGI and then seeing her with normal drawing on other parts is a bit distracting I guess...

I think it's intentional to reflect Okabe point of view. The parts that Amadeus has nowmal drawing indicates Okabe is seeing her as Kurisu.

Both CGI and normal drawing mixed up represent Okabe's state of mind. The line is really blurry.

If they wanted to make her totally CGI, they could just do it. CGI is easier than drawing.
Apr 25, 2018 10:55 PM

Nov 2007
This is already so depressing. I cannot bear to watch this.

Anyways, I love it how Mayuri remained the one who understood Okabe the most in different timelines. So many things changed but that is the only thing that never changed.

Another revelation that Faris is part of the circle that knows about time travel and Suzuha's identity.

I wonder what would be Moeka's role in this one. I hated her guts in the earlier part of the first season but didn't anymore after the end. I wonder if she would do something again to make me hate her all over again.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 25, 2018 10:56 PM

Jan 2018
Why is nobody talking about Juicy #1 Chicken Tenders making a comeback?!
Apr 25, 2018 11:02 PM

Dec 2014
Just_Chicken said:
xZabuzax said:

I think it's intentional to reflect Okabe point of view. The parts that Amadeus has nowmal drawing indicates Okabe is seeing her as Kurisu.

Both CGI and normal drawing mixed up represent Okabe's state of mind. The line is really blurry.

If they wanted to make her totally CGI, they could just do it. CGI is easier than drawing.

A predictable rationalization from a fanboy.
Let us use Ockham's Razor now and see the actual reason for the inconsistent CGI: They were lazy.

It's the same reason why it feels as though I am still reading the visual novel while watching still image after still image fading into each other.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Apr 25, 2018 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
I feel so bad for Lintahlo, he really feels like he's talking to Kurisu it seems..
Apr 25, 2018 11:20 PM

Apr 2015
Cmon, why maho need to ruin okabe's day like that.. its either she is jealous of amadeus ai or she wants another people to be depressed by kurisu's death just as herself... i kinda start to hate her now..

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Apr 25, 2018 11:28 PM

Oct 2010
Maho in that Santa outfit, oh my.

IIRC in the VN Mayuri didn't have an outfit for her at the party. Bravo, director.
Apr 25, 2018 11:34 PM

Oct 2017
lswarmruler said:
Cmon, why maho need to ruin okabe's day like that.. its either she is jealous of amadeus ai or she wants another people to be depressed by kurisu's death just as herself... i kinda start to hate her now..

hate her just because she is pointing out the truth and tries to look out for Okabe?
Apr 26, 2018 12:05 AM

Jul 2015
Damn that ending,it really touched my feelings.

Apr 26, 2018 12:13 AM

Nov 2015
SinnerPoetry said:
lswarmruler said:

hate her just because she is pointing out the truth and tries to look out for Okabe?
To be fair in her part, she doesn't know the story between him and the real Kurisu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2018 12:39 AM

Jun 2016
How can we wait 1 week for this!! a great laidback ep.

Don't get too comfortable with the AI Boii!!
Apr 26, 2018 1:02 AM
Jul 2016
White Fox knows what we want!

Apr 26, 2018 1:22 AM

Mar 2016
lswarmruler said:

What? Where do you even get that idea from? She does what she did at the end because she's concerned that Okabe is deluding himself and slipping further away from reality. Did you not pick up on that while watching the episode? While Leskinen was talking about Christmas dates and such, take a close look at what Maho had on her computer monitor.
Apr 26, 2018 1:30 AM

Mar 2016
Damn it the cliffhanger, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh
Apr 26, 2018 1:40 AM

Aug 2012
It's not X-mas without Kurisu

Apr 26, 2018 1:43 AM
May 2011
My-Iori said:

it's not CHRISTmas without CHRISTina
Apr 26, 2018 1:49 AM

Nov 2015
MyPen said:
My-Iori said:

it's not CHRISTmas without CHRISTina
MAYURI KURISUMAS!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2018 2:05 AM

Jun 2016
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
Now that we're three episodes in, I have to point something out. You know how most people think that regular S;G started off really slow (a claim I personally disagree with)? I think that S;G 0 is starting off even slower so far, and if it wasn't riding in on the first class car of a hype train, people'd be more angry with it.

I completely agree. Early S;G still had its clear hooks (episode 1's changed events were obvious, gel bananas, etc.) to keep people thinking about what was really going on. Maybe it's because I haven't read the VN, but those hooks just aren't showing up, it's only setup and slice-of-life antics. It doesn't help that S;G's early cliffhangers were the result of what you were told (as far as I remember) versus here where they're from what you don't know yet.
TK8878May 10, 2018 8:53 AM
Apr 26, 2018 2:19 AM

May 2017
each and every episode gives me goosebumps and this one is no exception.
Apr 26, 2018 2:20 AM

Aug 2017
So Okabe was basically dating a 2D-girl this episode. Wonder if there would've been a dinner with a waifu pillow if Maho hadn't stopped him.
There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to see it.
Apr 26, 2018 2:28 AM
Jul 2011
@AX3M
To be fair in her part, she doesn't know the story between him and the real Kurisu.

But it's pretty obvious that he cared deeply about her.
Apr 26, 2018 2:30 AM

Oct 2015
I just can't watch it’s too emotional for me but still i would watch
Apr 26, 2018 2:52 AM

Dec 2015
Sooo good... They've captured all the characters beautifully.
~
Apr 26, 2018 2:53 AM

Nov 2015
megaload said:
@AX3M

But it's pretty obvious that he cared deeply about her.
Yeah, but my point is, she does not know about Okabe's actual suffering, killing her, and all the PTSD and flashbacks. She just thinks he's just like him, just simply being attached to the AI, when in fact it's much much worse than she has ever experienced.
Apr 26, 2018 2:57 AM

Aug 2015
I laugh then cried then laugh then cried again.

This episode truly taught me what emotion rollercoaster is...

I low-key ship Mayushi and Okarin now.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 26, 2018 3:02 AM
Oct 2015
This was a nice little episode with the Christmas party that had a bunch of neat looking Santa Clauses, apart from that the final scene where it suddenly escalated reminded me the horrors of another Whitefox anime and I personally loved that part.
Heckle was here...
Apr 26, 2018 3:05 AM

Nov 2015
TheHeckle said:
This was a nice little episode with the Christmas party that had a bunch of neat looking Santa Clauses, apart from that the final scene where it suddenly escalated reminded me the horrors of another Whitefox anime and I personally loved that part.
Apr 26, 2018 3:14 AM

Aug 2013
yes, I dont blame you Leskinen, I too, thought He was so goddamn sexy in those outfits. . . FFS, what kind of guy use those stomach revealing outfit in the middle of winter, NONO, I'm not that weak of a guy that I get b*ner just seeing a girls tummy let alone a guy, but Ruka is special. Got it fam? Good.
....Shit, just gonna drop this here and I'll be on my way.

Apr 26, 2018 3:16 AM

Sep 2017
Aha!!! Finally an episode which made me connect with the characters and story, earlier episodes felt as if the expressions given by okarin forced. but the ending in this episode seemed legit and gave a better understanding of why he felt that way :)

Also Im getting used to Christina's subbed voice, Daru's voice is funny, it seems as if he is pain and out of breath lol
AnkithadamApr 26, 2018 3:28 AM
Apr 26, 2018 3:25 AM

Feb 2018
So the awkwardly directed, bad comedy SoL version of S;G continues.

This episode was definitely better than the first 2, and the ending was good though.
Apr 26, 2018 3:29 AM

Feb 2018
So okabe is now in a relationship with his phone and the others just do random bs great.....
Apr 26, 2018 3:43 AM

Jun 2016
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
So the awkwardly directed, bad comedy SoL version of S;G continues.

How can you call a show where the MC gets serious PSTD 3 episodes in, "bad comedy"?

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.