Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 6, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So they had to reuse some footage from the series for the second OP song. Sigh. I like the first OP song better.

It's also about damn time that Aishela returned. I almost forgot she existed in this show

More politicial drama..
Surprisingly, I think Theo makes a somewhat decent leader. Starting an uprising is not easy.
Apr 6, 2018 9:22 AM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's also about damn time that Aishela returned. I almost forgot she existed in this show

That reminds me: Does anyone recall what happened to Irvin the butler?
Apr 6, 2018 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
Nain said:

No, he's fine. In fact, he's fighting on Theo's side.

Apr 6, 2018 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:
Nain said:

But where was he between then and now?
Apr 6, 2018 10:16 AM
Oct 2016
Nain said:
Stark700 said:

But where was he between then and now?

Maintaining his tan I guess?
Apr 6, 2018 10:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After so long Theo is finally back home. Quite the party he brought with him though. Nice to see Aishela again. Not to sure about the new opening though. Trying to inspire rebellion by revealing yourself to the enemy huh sound strategy. The scene at the restaurant sure enough of a provocation. Being on the receiving end of such hatred can't be easy. But the combination of Siluca's speech and Rebecca's pleading sure worked wonders. Rebecca managed to redeem herself in the end though. The death of one of the Rossini son's should send a clear message to them. Fitting that he died at the grave of Theo's father though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2018 10:55 AM

Jun 2015
The new OP is okay, but the first one is better. It's good to see Aishela again. Theo is becoming quite the leader. His villagers got to help him defeat that guy. The battle was decent. Poor Rebecca.
Apr 6, 2018 11:04 AM

Dec 2013
Maaan, that new OP simply rocks.
Apr 6, 2018 11:39 AM

Sep 2007
I totally like the new ending. Okay, there's one scene from 1st one, but the rest I think was new?

And suddenly, with no baka-prince and baka-princess in the show (and Mirza too) it became soo enjoyable. It was really nice to see Theo and his mage. But ex-girlfriend was no-no so poor girl had to die, but the way it happened was actually neat.
Also, the feeling of Theo being rejected by everyone oppresed here, duh.

I enjoyed this episode pretty much.
Apr 6, 2018 11:41 AM
Mar 2016
Theo's back home with his posse and the childhood friend, Rebecca shows up but dies in the end...so from here on it's gonna be the Sistina arc.....
Apr 6, 2018 11:44 AM

Jun 2013
Seems like I am the only who like this opening better... even though they reused scenes. I loved the previous ending more though.

I didn't enjoy all those political dialogues at the most part of the episode but now I find Theo character better than when he was first introduced.

The action part was mostly great, I loved the little fight between the assassins, we need more 1vs1 fights like this, just longer.

3.5/5 I think it was fine overall, looking forward to seeing what next.
Apr 6, 2018 11:52 AM

Apr 2016
In my opinion I totally love this OP better than the first. Sad they re-used visuals, but the song is amazing.
2D > 3D
Apr 6, 2018 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
when will they push back? too one sided...
Apr 6, 2018 12:03 PM
Aug 2014
the op and ed rocks, not to say the first ones don't.
Apr 6, 2018 12:03 PM

Feb 2015
I dont understand why Theo & co didn't have any proper weapons. A short axe is no match for a broadsword
Apr 6, 2018 12:13 PM

Nov 2016
New OP music.. hm I still enjoy the first one more. Theo is back in action and the fight wasnt that good.
Apr 6, 2018 12:25 PM

Dec 2010
Theo surely defeat Salvador Rossini but at the price of Rebecca. Seems that where Theo go he leave behind a tragedy and a river of corpes, but i admit the death flag was blatant this time. :D
Anyway this episode was very well made and the tension was real from the start to the end. 5/5.
Apr 6, 2018 12:35 PM

Jan 2015
Good GOD the Rebecca's seyuu was atrocious >_< i dont often point out bad seyuus and i dont even notice it most of the time, but omg that voice, that acting.... is that her first role? On the bright side we wont be hearing her again, heh :)

Wasnt that big of a fan of the OP and new ED but at least new ED is listenable compared to the last one. Maybe its just me but i couldnt get any hype from it and i thought thats what new songs wanted to accomplish.

Also not sure if im the only one but i dont even know who Rossini's are >_< maybe im not following the story fully well.
Apr 6, 2018 12:52 PM

Sep 2016
Woah. An actual improvement again. Grancrest is finally starting to look good in my eyes. Hoping that this positive flow continues.

Also, here we have another character much like the one in episode 3 who died without knowing much about them. RIP Character whose name I'll likely never remember.

Also that new OP and ED had amazing visuals OwO. Although the songs didn't feel better than the first ones but the visuals were certainly better!
Apr 6, 2018 3:26 PM
Jan 2017
With Theo returning to his homeland in this episode, it will be interesting to see how he deals with the Rossinis. Something this episode does right is in portraying how oppressed people deal with their masters. We, as viewers, know oppression is wrong but it's understandable that the oppressed don't want to get in more trouble than they already are, considering what happened to Theo's father. I also feel bad that Rebecca had to die for the rest of Theo's village to take up arms; I feel her role could have been expanded in further episodes. Seriously, her fate was sealed the moment she grabbed Salvador. At least we know Theo didn't take her death lightly and will be further motivated to save his home.
Apr 6, 2018 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
Theo killing Salvador was good and all.
But the whole revolution bit was mediocre to retarded.

What the hell was up wIth Rebecca? She went into a battlefied with a LADLE which she discarded before being stabbed to death. She could've gone for a preemptive strike with a real weapon and that doesn't explain how she made it there without getting speared by one of the 200 soldiers.

The writing is a contrived shitmess and the characters are legally retarded.
4/10 with some okay bits.
Apr 6, 2018 4:14 PM

Mar 2014
Hirugiku said:
Good GOD the Rebecca's seyuu was atrocious >_< i dont often point out bad seyuus and i dont even notice it most of the time, but omg that voice, that acting.... is that her first role? On the bright side we wont be hearing her again, heh :)

I didn't think Rebecca's seiyuu was bad.
It was nice hearing a more non conventional voice. She was a 1 ep side character for a reason I assume as well.
Apr 6, 2018 6:24 PM

May 2010
Huh I prefer this OP rather than the one that shout at me outta nowhere.
Apr 6, 2018 7:44 PM

Oct 2013
An axe to the back, what a way to go. Poor Rebecca, sad to see her die but like others have mentioned, her voice actor was terrible! One of the worst I have probably seen in a series to date. Almost made me wish there was an English dub instead. Thank goodness shes gone from the series now.
Apr 6, 2018 8:13 PM
Mar 2016
Im really curious as to what total war players thinks of this episode 1 unit of billmen with upgrades vs 1 unit of peasant with no upgrades
Apr 6, 2018 9:08 PM

Feb 2018
AnimeSoap said:
Theo killing Salvador was good and all.
But the whole revolution bit was mediocre to retarded.

What the hell was up wIth Rebecca? She went into a battlefied with a LADLE which she discarded before being stabbed to death. She could've gone for a preemptive strike with a real weapon and that doesn't explain how she made it there without getting speared by one of the 200 soldiers.

The writing is a contrived shitmess and the characters are legally retarded.
4/10 with some okay bits.

I’m assuming they just grabbed what ever they could to use as weapons as I saw some woman with a frying pan. Given the situation I would imagine that would happen in real life.

My name is not Bai nor do I have a Big Wang!!
Apr 6, 2018 9:08 PM
Apr 2012
Hirugiku said:

Wasnt that big of a fan of the OP and new ED but at least new ED is listenable compared to the last one. Maybe its just me but i couldnt get any hype from it and i thought thats what new songs wanted to accomplish.

Also not sure if im the only one but i dont even know who Rossini's are >_< maybe im not following the story fully well.

Is that Rebecca's seiyuu is new seiyuu? In the credit they only show her name as HARUKA ,but I couldn't find any informations about her on the net.
Apr 6, 2018 9:13 PM

Jan 2015
kkusagami said:
Hirugiku said:

Is that Rebecca's seiyuu is new seiyuu? In the credit they only show her name as HARUKA ,but I couldn't find any informations about her on the net.

yes, i think its a new seyuu, i also dont recognize her voice cause i definitely would remmeber such unprofessional voice
Apr 6, 2018 9:16 PM
Apr 2012
Hirugiku said:
kkusagami said:

yes, i think its a new seyuu, i also dont recognize her voice cause i definitely would remmeber such unprofessional voice

ok thanks ,i read from some japanese forum as well,japanese also wonder who's that Rebecca's seiyuu too.
Apr 6, 2018 10:27 PM
Jun 2017
Theo come back to the place where he lives in.and well those rossini's sure is really having a tyrant like of govt that whoever is not on their side will be killed, thats why Lord Theo and group have a hard time convincing the villagers up until he went to his homeland.

*this just show leadership and politics can affect a certain village...
Apr 6, 2018 10:45 PM
Mar 2011
Am I the only one who wants to know what is going on with the crests? I mean what is Theo's crest right now since he supposedly went to strengthen it before and now he killed the Rossini brat. I don't know I just would like a little more information on the crests since it is in the title.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Apr 7, 2018 12:19 AM
Sep 2017
Next week againnnn...cmonn. this episode was lit tho. RIP Rebecca.

Apr 7, 2018 1:21 AM
Jul 2018
I really like how Theo fight just with a small hand axe, but still manages to at least defeat several soldiers with armor even though his swordsmanship isn't really that good.
And also, how Theo kills Salvador looks pretty cool somehow.

Apr 7, 2018 3:55 AM

Feb 2015
well fuck! wanted Theo to behead him ..not stab him in the back.
Apr 7, 2018 9:10 AM
Nov 2017
And so things start to begin once again. At least one village has seen sense... I'm sure Theo will get more to follow him a bit more easily now. Got to find out why Theo really left the island to begin with. And yay to Aishela making a return. Gimme all that artist goodness. ;D
Apr 7, 2018 10:02 AM

Jan 2013
Finally, he is back to his homeland to free the people.
As it sounded i think that Rebecca and that old guy and some more people were the ones who betrayed Theo's father.
Can't wait for more episodes, this arc seems amazing!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2018 11:15 AM

Mar 2018
I found this episode so confusing and lacking. A lot of drama with very poor explanation of the reasons behind. It's a warfare anime but the strategy and reason is so lacking, it's like watching Star Wars version two where a single craft destroys an entire base with a handmade bomb. But here we have poor famished villagers going against a full organized army with rocks and bats and win at the end. It's plausible thing that the majority of the soldiers escaped as their leaders died but... Where was Theo's sword? Why did he go unarmed? To die like and imbecile? Is that what a future ruler should do? And then his fight with young Rossini... He won but was blocked by some random soldiers and Rebecca blocked the Rossini at the cost of her life... In my opinion was a forced kill to extract some more drama. Couldn't she be cured by the nun? A very strange episode.
Apr 7, 2018 2:40 PM

Mar 2018
Well we got new op and ed, I liked the op song but the visuals are kinda sloppy imo, the ending was kinda meh but it wasn't that bad.

Now the episode was a little bit rushed imo, if the writters wanted us to feel sorry for Rebecca's death at least, it seems like Theo and she were a couple, or that at least she liked him a little because that's the only reason I see behind her death and its emotional impact for Theo. Good thing Theo killed Salvador.

Now, as a part of a pretty opressed country I can assure you that all the reactions from the villagers are the correct ones when it comes to reality; you can make them stand to defend their lives and futures only if you slap them with reality and guilt and show them a real leader to follow (at least a noble one).

SRASinister said:
Am I the only one who wants to know what is going on with the crests? I mean what is Theo's crest right now since he supposedly went to strengthen it before and now he killed the Rossini brat. I don't know I just would like a little more information on the crests since it is in the title.

Well, if I remember correctly he gave most of his crest to Lassic when he decided to serve Villar and he probably got his crest back after Villars death. And about killing Salvador Idk, he probably needs to kill Pederico to get that crest.
GranSaiyamanApr 7, 2018 2:47 PM
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Apr 7, 2018 5:16 PM

Feb 2013
I'm glad they don't drag things out in this anime. The first Rossini has to die to set an example.

Where was Theo's sword?...

New OP

Siluca lookin' good as always.
Apr 8, 2018 12:11 AM

Mar 2010
OK so why didn't anyone have their own weapons and why wasn't the priest girl there to heal Rebecca.
Apr 8, 2018 1:36 AM

Jun 2013
YEY, New OPENING! Was waiting this to happen after last episode was half-way Episode!
Hmm....say it's just OK OP....at least it is not spoiling much. .....1st one is better tough

Wow....entire Island is competently under Rossini Family thump....and that Witch is here....Wonder how the hell they are going to build that Rebellion....no one wants to fight....

Ah, childhood friend...new Rival for Siluca? and....damn....Theo's father was good man and someone Snitched... yeah understand the reasons Theo left completely.

Even Childhood friend is like this huh.....I start to feel this Island is hell to everyone else that is not Rossini...

....Well this ending was pretty freaking Cliche.....of course they start rebellion from Theo's home....
I was thinking that Rebeca will die tough.

1st Son down, 2 left along with the Father.
JarjaxleApr 8, 2018 1:39 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 8, 2018 8:49 PM

Oct 2008
NEW OP was okay but new ED is better than the prev ED!
errr...okay...so it's like they're back from square one finding allies huh...
at least we only have one casualty huh...
I wonder what happened to Ashiela's boytoy/boylet?
4/5.

Apr 9, 2018 6:48 AM
Nov 2013
Jryou said:
OK so why didn't anyone have their own weapons and why wasn't the priest girl there to heal Rebecca.

Exactly my thought on the healing part. Since Priscilla actually managed to heal Aishela when she almost died due to getting shot by the magic arrow cannons thing.

Makes no sense lmao~
Apr 9, 2018 7:03 AM

Mar 2018
jomarggg said:
Im really curious as to what total war players thinks of this episode 1 unit of billmen with upgrades vs 1 unit of peasant with no upgrades

Hahah love this :D

Well, they did lose their leader. That always does a pretty big hit on morale! And really, Aishelle alone could probably defeat an entire unit of billmen :-P
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Apr 9, 2018 7:08 AM

Mar 2018
matias067 said:

I wonder what happened to Ashiela's boytoy/boylet?

He's part of Lassic David's army, so I wouldn't expect him to be here. They still have to somehow survive against Marrine's armies!
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Apr 9, 2018 3:44 PM

Mar 2018
Aishela is obviously the resident warrior of the lot, she did wield a tree as a weapon, after all.

I'd like to take a moment here, though, to give Rebecca mad props for bringing a ladle out onto the battlefield. That is the by far, the most badass thing I've seen in a series this week.

RIP Rebecca.
Apr 9, 2018 3:46 PM

Mar 2018
jomarggg said:

Yeah but they're like the 3/3 peasants with pitchforks and stuff, not them 1/1 scrubs.
Apr 10, 2018 1:19 AM
Mar 2012
lol Theo the axeman now. They all really should return to proper weapons...
Rip random osananajimi. I wanted to see frying pan & other utensils in action tho...
Similarly nice op/ed.
Apr 11, 2018 1:37 AM

Mar 2011
So I've seen the illustration of the last volume but I didn't see any image that might suggest what happen to the black princess

Apr 11, 2018 10:01 PM
Nov 2010
Yeah the uprising seemed a bit hard to believe but I felt they developed it enough so at least we feel a bit sorry for Rebecca even though she basically double crossed both the villagers and Theo. Winning the fight definitely seemed quite implausible though....

Also it makes me remember what that other dude said about Theo..about having ppl die for him. Those villagers shouldn't have won that literal uphill battle to what looked to be at least 20 or so bowman and 40 or so spear man??? I mean, if you're gonna write that in, at least think of a rabbit out of a hat to turn the tables?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.