Forum Settings
Forums

Studio GoHands and Frontier Works Reveals New Original TV Anime Project 'W'z'

New
Mar 18, 2018 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
An official website was launched by Studio GoHands and Frontier Works announcing the production of an original TV anime series titled W'z (Reads Wiz). Targeting female audiences, the anime is slated for 2019.

The music of this anime project will be produced by GOON TRAX. DJ RENA, the youngest winner of the DMC World DJ Champions in 2017, will be supporting the production of the video as well as its music. Numerous DJs will also be contributing to the anime's music production. It has also been announced that the main character Yukiya (pictured on the lower center of the key visual) will be voiced by Katsumi Fukuhara (Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.).

Official site: http://wz-anime.net/

Source: animate Times

W'z on MAL
tsubasaloverMar 19, 2018 6:06 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2018 2:24 AM

Aug 2014
Project Wazzup.
Yeah that's better.
Mar 18, 2018 2:26 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
The title is catchy, I guess. I don't have much of an impression, though that's because all I've seen is some guys and music.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2018 2:28 AM

Jan 2016
Frontier Works have pretty good anime, but GoHands.... oh no..
Mar 18, 2018 2:40 AM

Aug 2014
ManOfInterest said:
Xaelath said:
Project Wazzup.
Yeah that's better.

Starring Carlos Matos in his adventures to scam the world!

Carlos Matos and the Shenanigans the scam adventure.
Mar 18, 2018 2:41 AM

Apr 2016
Wait the boxart looks like a ...
"Targeting towards female audiences"

Oh now i get it.
Mar 18, 2018 2:53 AM

Jul 2013
I know there is no PV yet, but my word my expectations are already low.
Mar 18, 2018 2:56 AM

Mar 2015
handshakers but for female?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 18, 2018 3:13 AM

Dec 2015
It already looks terrible.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 18, 2018 3:18 AM

Jul 2015
If this will be terrible as well, GoHands will be in deep sh*t.

Mar 18, 2018 3:47 AM
Mar 2010
Niiice. And it even specifically says that it's for female audiences. The guys look cute and I always loved K's art style. I love music and cool DJ's are a good thing too. Hope this will be good!

ChartTopper60 said:
The title is catchy, I guess. I don't have much of an impression, though that's because all I've seen is some guys and music.

Naturally. What kind of impression can one image give you? This is the same for all anime which only show one image which comes along with the announcement.

Calal-Chan said:

joe_g7 said:

Here we go again. You've seen one, I repeat ONE image and somehow you can already tell it's going to be terrible? How can you form an impression like that so quickly? Now, if you said something along the lines of "It's not my kind of anime." or "Looks like anime for girls, not watching it." I'd understand you.

But to go ahead and call something terrible when you haven't even seen a flipping PV for it is not right.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 18, 2018 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
phoenixalia said:
Niiice. And it even specifically says that it's for female audiences. The guys look cute and I always loved K's art style. I love music and cool DJ's are a good thing too. Hope this will be good!

ChartTopper60 said:

Naturally. What kind of impression can one image give you? This is the same for all anime which only show one image which comes along with the announcement.

Calal-Chan said:

joe_g7 said:

Here we go again. You've seen one, I repeat ONE image and somehow you can already tell it's going to be terrible? How can you form an impression like that so quickly? Now, if you said something along the lines of "It's not my kind of anime." or "Looks like anime for girls, not watching it." I'd understand you.

But to go ahead and call something terrible when you haven't even seen a flipping PV for it is not right.

Now you might not be referencing me I can't really tell, but since there is nothing under my quote I can only assume you are lumping me in with joe here. So if that is the case here is my response and if it is not the case ignore everything I say here lol.

Where did I say it looks terrible? I said that my expectations are low. I even stated now I know there is no PV yet. That means I am going to wait for a PV before I cast any real judgment, but considering this is Go Hands the studio that gave us Hand Shakers which was really over saturated and bright and the one image we have is over saturated and bright, yes, my expectations are going to be low.
Mar 18, 2018 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
@phoenixalia Someone obviously doesn't know about the travesty that was Handshakers.

I wasn't born yesterday, and I definitely don't need others to tell me how I should and shouldn't act. In this case, I'd rather be a realist (and be surprised IF the anime proves to be good), rather than a blind optimist (and be sorely disappointed when the anime proves to be utter crap, like GoHands previous project, even though I saw it coming from a mile away).

You can vehemently defend this project as much as you want, but I'm sorry, I don't intend to change my mind.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 18, 2018 4:11 AM

May 2015
Oh god, the last time they collaborated, Hand Shakers came out of it. That one was a deep pile of travesty to say the least. Can't expect anything good out of this either to be honest, but who knows.

Mar 18, 2018 4:32 AM
Jan 2016
I guess Hand Shakers was successful enough to influence the decision made for this anime's character design. I do not think I am going to watch this one, but I will follow it closely. Just a morbid curiosity.
Mar 18, 2018 4:32 AM

Aug 2015
I see something weird there...
Sword + DJ tools (idk what it is called)??
I'm so interested in that white haired character (well obviously).. but the story is questionable here.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Mar 18, 2018 4:34 AM

Aug 2016
meh, looks pretty insulting.

by the way, watch dj tonkatsu if you really want a good DJing experience anime

Just hope someone makes a really good anime involving electronic music production and DJing someday in the future. dj tonkatsu was a good idea, but just to start.
MichaelJacksonMar 18, 2018 4:45 AM
:v
Mar 18, 2018 4:37 AM
Mar 2010
Calal-Chan said:

Now you might not be referencing me I can't really tell, but since there is nothing under my quote I can only assume you are lumping me in with joe here. So if that is the case here is my response and if it is not the case ignore everything I say here lol.

Where did I say it looks terrible? I said that my expectations are low. I even stated now I know there is no PV yet. That means I am going to wait for a PV before I cast any real judgment, but considering this is Go Hands the studio that gave us Hand Shakers which was really over saturated and bright and the one image we have is over saturated and bright, yes, my expectations are going to be low.

OK, this I can understand well. I didn't sit through Hand Shakers since it didn't look like it was for me but I heard about it's...quality. So you mean that your expectations are low because of Hand Shakers. All right then, I misunderstood.

Just one thing though...Hand Shakers isn't the only thing GoHands did. They also did K-Project, Seitokai Yakuindomo and Mardock Scramble in recent times. So I wouldn't dismiss them for just Hand Shakers. But that's my opinion since I liked K-Project and I've heard good things about Seitokai Yakuindomo. ^^

joe_g7 said:
@phoenixalia Someone obviously doesn't know about the travesty that was Handshakers.

I wasn't born yesterday, and I definitely don't need others to tell me how I should and shouldn't act. In this case, I'd rather be a realist (and be surprised IF the anime proves to be good), rather than a blind optimist (and be sorely disappointed when the anime proves to be utter crap, like GoHands previous project, even though I saw it coming from a mile away).

You can vehemently defend this project as much as you want, but I'm sorry, I don't intend to change my mind.

Actually, I do know of that disaster. :D :D I didn't watch it, but the PV was enough to make me realize it was not for me plus the animation was questionable in the PV itself. I don't know about you, but others would also tell you you shouldn't judge a new anime/book/movie just from one image. Kemono Friends is a recent example of this.

Like I said to the other person, you're judging GoHands just because of Hand Shakers when they also did Mardock Scramble, Seitokai Yakuindomo and K-Project. All studios have some animation disasters.

Being a realist is fine, but I'd wait for at least a PV before saying anything since many times, even a great key visual doesn't mean the show will be good either. That and I like to be be an optimist.

I'm not defending this project in particular, btw, I've defended other ones too. You don't have to change your mind either. I was just replying to you since there have been some people who just talk negatively about a show that hasn't aired yet just because it doesn't suit their tastes. Not talking about you here btw.

Have a good day.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 18, 2018 4:46 AM

May 2013
Hand Shakers 2 incoming. All hands brace for impact.

Mar 18, 2018 5:16 AM

Aug 2017
Meira_Eve said:
I'm so interested in that white haired character (well obviously).. but the story is questionable here.. XD

I can see some pretty bishies on the cover XD but man I hope it's not a train wreck like Hand Shakers.
Mar 18, 2018 5:18 AM
May 2015
So is it basically a DJ anime? Cool. I've always liked GoHands' art, and Yukiya looks the cutest out of the set there, lol(though I'm pretty sure it's my bias)

"Targeted towards female audience"? Usually when something is targeted towards a female audience, it's something that would only rile fujoshis up, instead of content with substance. I don't like that sound of that, but I'll still watch. I'm just hoping it's not a Hand Shakers Part 2 (and hopefully they fixed that weird boob physics thing GoHands' always did)
Mar 18, 2018 6:06 AM

May 2012
I hope it is as good as Hand shakers
Mar 18, 2018 6:07 AM
May 2016
okay, I know I couldn't get into GoHands's other works, but since this series is targeting female audiences, that should imply significantly less fanservice targeted towards men, which means this could actually be tolerable.
Mar 18, 2018 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Hopefully this is actually tolerable to watch.
Mar 18, 2018 7:16 AM
Jan 2014
Targeting towards female audiences,

Stopped reading here. They should do Hand Shakers season 2 instead.
Mar 18, 2018 7:59 AM

Aug 2015
alias08 said:
Meira_Eve said:

I can see some pretty bishies on the cover XD but man I hope it's not a train wreck like Hand Shakers.
I see you see what I see there... Lol XD
I remember the key visual for hand shakers.. the heroine is so pretty.. but I never get to watch it tho.. is it really that bad..? XD

Mar 18, 2018 8:08 AM

Aug 2017
Meira_Eve said:
alias08 said:

I remember the key visual for hand shakers.. the heroine is so pretty.. but I never get to watch it tho.. is it really that bad..? XD

Yeah it's pretty bad starting from the animation to the story even though the character designs were nice everything went to shit XD
Mar 18, 2018 8:12 AM

Aug 2015
alias08 said:
Meira_Eve said:

Yeah it's pretty bad starting from the animation to the story even though the character designs were nice everything went to shit XD
lol XD
In the end, it's a wise choice not to follow that anime when it was aired huh.. XD

Mar 18, 2018 8:22 AM
Aug 2017
GoHands original...oh boy. Let’s see if this will blow up like Hand Shakers.
Mar 18, 2018 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Well I dunno what to think about this but... alright.

I'll give it a shot I guess? But pessimistic for now.
Mar 18, 2018 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
Mixed bag feeling about this. But since 'frontier works' will work on this show then this might not be HandShaker s2 hopefully! But still very less hype about this

Btw based on the cover, the character design doesn't look too appealing..
removed-userMar 18, 2018 11:49 AM
Mar 18, 2018 11:52 AM

Dec 2016
GoHands and Frontier works original TV anime, I just hope it's not like Hand Shakers. If it's like K I'll watch it but if it's like Hand Shakers, I'll Immediately drop it without a second thought.
Mar 18, 2018 2:39 PM

Oct 2010
Aimed at females. Why so harsh.
Mar 18, 2018 4:46 PM
May 2007
GoHands is great targeting females. I hope after this I get used to the new artstyle.
Mar 18, 2018 7:56 PM
Mar 2010
ItsXolo said:
Targeting towards female audiences,

Stopped reading here. They should do Hand Shakers season 2 instead.

I hope this is trolling.

VyseLegendaire said:
Aimed at females. Why so harsh.

Don’t worry, males are welcome to watch it. I’ve watched lots of shows mainly aimed at guys. :D
Mar 18, 2018 7:58 PM

Jan 2009
DJ/music anime lol not part of my preference
Mar 18, 2018 10:11 PM

Apr 2012
@VyseLegendaire @phoenixalia As a guy who loves shoujo romance and at times reads Yuri Hime, I want to say that many Japanese titles are fairly gender neutral, if you know what to read. Well, only if it's not cute boys for teenage girls and vice versa.

Mar 18, 2018 10:22 PM
Mar 2010
RobertBobert said:
@VyseLegendaire @phoenixalia As a guy who loves shoujo romance and at times reads Yuri Hime, I want to say that many Japanese titles are fairly gender neutral, if you know what to read. Well, only if it's not cute boys for teenage girls and vice versa.

Yes, I agree with this.
Mar 24, 2018 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
So a female targeted BL Handshakers?

Great so now all of the women who were smart enough not to watch Handshakers can join the rest of us on the fucking kill ourselves bandwagon after this W's show is over.
Oct 5, 2018 6:41 PM

Nov 2007
Winter 2019
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1538727272

January 5, 2019 (could be 6th after midnight) via MBS, Tokyo MX, TVQ, BS11 and Web
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1539935732
tsubasaloverNov 1, 2018 2:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 5, 2018 10:00 PM

Oct 2018
Despite the controversial nature of Hand Shakers, I will continue to support them simply for attempting to pioneer new frontiers through experimental works. We shall see where this goes.
{~𝕸𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕮𝖚𝖑𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖔 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖚𝖒 𝕾𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖘~}
Oct 19, 2018 5:56 PM
May 2007
I already like it a lot more after PV2 omg give me full cast now.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.