Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2018 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Action is back and the momentum of this episode was spot on.
The small talk/bickering was slightly amusing between all of this.

Still, I think the episode did a neat job at highlighting the battles this episode. Kinda neat to see both the individual skills of the pilots too. Goro stepped it up to the plate and I'm impressed by his role this episode. Zorome didn't hold back either while they were fighting that monster. I think Hiro needs more time to improve and he overestimated himself. Zero Two's reactions is pretty aggressive, kinda expected from her.

Incredible episode, my favorite one from this season so far. Poor Ichigo though
Stark700Feb 17, 2018 9:32 AM
Feb 17, 2018 7:02 AM

Feb 2016
HE BEAT THE ONI AIDS WOOHOO, i do wonder how tho,
Feb 17, 2018 7:02 AM

Jun 2017
Damn it's already out??
Feb 17, 2018 7:04 AM

Oct 2015
seems I will waiting for the subs to know why he can remove those ONI-AIDS. Well definitely have a lot Guren Lagann vibe here. Outsanding episode, 5/5.

Oh, the new team is showed up.
Feb 17, 2018 7:13 AM

Apr 2015
BlackFIFA19 said:
HE BEAT THE ONI AIDS WOOHOO, i do wonder how tho,

Well it was said right in Episode 1 that all Zero Two does is awakening his dormant potential and he had to prove himself if he was worthy of it. They even showed both of them at their ceremony to be officially accepted as a team.
Feb 17, 2018 7:18 AM

May 2013
So no Blue Oni theory it seems? Oh some guys at the subreddit will be disappointed^^
Feb 17, 2018 7:19 AM
Jun 2016
Anime of the season and could end up being anime of the year
Feb 17, 2018 7:22 AM

Feb 2018
"36 min" .. ?

There are 2 épisodes... ?
Feb 17, 2018 7:28 AM

Feb 2016
Tomlora said:
"36 min" .. ?

There are 2 épisodes... ?

If you took this from my screenshots, it isnt 36 minutes long, ive just been watching that said Jap TV channel for that long, look here, right now its 69 minutes
Feb 17, 2018 7:29 AM

Feb 2016
CodeKeima said:
So no Blue Oni theory it seems? Oh some guys at the subreddit will be disappointed^^

Hey, he might grow them slowly over the coming episodes ;D
Feb 17, 2018 7:35 AM
Aug 2017
Omggggggg best fucking anime ever, best anime of the year, best mecha anime ever. Butthurts are over 9000 !
Feb 17, 2018 7:40 AM

Dec 2014
Boy was the fight good, especially after the Dino awakened.

Seems like Hiro managed to pass the test, though I don't think he is out of danger yet.
I really like how 02 pushes him to go beyond his limits, rather than just be worried about him all the time like other "heroines" usually do.

The new kids at the end seem similar to MC's group; wonder if it's another test team like theirs.
AnathorFeb 17, 2018 7:44 AM
Feb 17, 2018 7:43 AM
Aug 2017
Again this episode was fine, it was pretty obvious to me what was going to happen in this episode since i already knew this was a fight episode. i just don't care about 02 and Hiro's relationship enough for this episode to have an emotional effect on me. but tat least the fight looked nice although there was some obvious 3d in it.
Feb 17, 2018 7:48 AM

Jul 2014
So all Hiro needed to do was to accept the Dino AIDS within him and it gave him a Dino AIDS boost.. I can live with that.

If theres one bad thing about this ep its the damn horrible OST that kicked in when they transformed back into Gundam mode, that OST is so cringe.

OST aside this was a great action packed ep, I think Hiro's good now, from the looks of it the Dino blood fused with him, the future problems will probably be about 02's wish and why she wants to kick more monster ass, and how the new comers will screw with them, those guys in white looks bad news.

Ichigo's pout face tho.. adorable as fck.
Feb 17, 2018 8:17 AM

Nov 2007
- 015 brother-zoned 016 but I guess she didn't mean it. She chose what was best for 016 and 002. +1
- 002 fights against those dino's because she considers herself as a monster? Well, it's better than 016 and the other Children's reason to think they are borne just to fight for those Papa people and keep the Adults safe. Boring indeed as 002 pointed out. +1
- Strelizia wouldn't just remain standby until everyone was in a dire situation and heads out before getting any instruction. +1
- Almost nonstop action throughout the episode must have used up all of TRIGGER's resources. +1
- Even though 26th had death written all over their faces, they managed to escape death thanks to the 13th's intervention. +1
- 056 was incredible as well, not just giving 015 the push to settle things with 016 at the start but making 015 bring back to her senses telling her what was her priority at that moment. +1
- The moment 016 held 002 from the back to calm her down was wonderful. +1
- The one who saves the day is not 002 who lost to her monstrous instincts but it was 016! Finally he became the hero of the show. +1
- 015 shouting out not only 016 but also 002 to take out that dino was another good touch. +1
- Dr. Pervert makes his appearance again at the right moment. He must be feeling great to see things going the way he might have predicted? Who knows. +1
- 002 telling 016 that he will be alright no matter how many times it will be them fighting together. But this time she didn't have that usual mean personality and felt like she finally started trusting 016 that he is her destined one. +1
- Role reversals as it was 016 who helped 002 out of the cockpit. +1
- 015 jumping to 016's arms was another plus. +1
- The NINES making an appearance at the end. Looks like the story will move to the next phase now that the 13th have started trusting their own abilities and acknowledging the abilities of their own team members. +1

Too shounen like episode but you know what? Fcuk it! This episode was incredible!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2018 8:22 AM

Sep 2016

top meme material right there
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 17, 2018 8:28 AM
Feb 2018
The power of love won again...

Shit.
Feb 17, 2018 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was good ;__;
That moment where Hiro's consciousness start fading and he almost stepped on the land of dead, and suddenly Naomi was there. ;__;7

Also the literal wing is perfect finishing move too...damn, I should re-watch this episode again.
Feb 17, 2018 9:14 AM

Nov 2007
Best moment of the episode:

015 was incredibly cute:

We have an Alpha character in the anime now:
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2018 9:15 AM
Feb 2018
Oh Shit here it goes another 6/5 episode
Feb 17, 2018 9:16 AM
Feb 2018
shanimebib said:
Best moment of the episode:

015 was incredibly cute:

We have an Alpha character in the anime now:
tug of war happens now
Feb 17, 2018 9:17 AM
Jan 2009
Really shitty episode.

This is like the third time this show has built up to something only to not deliver at all. Hiro is not an interesting character at all in this was the point where they were either supposed to kill him or transform him. I am not invested in his weird fake fetish relationship with this girl. He was literally going to die of AIDS and he just sort of willed his way out of it. Really crappy cop-out.

Episode 5 spent 25 minutes being moody and somber and really building up to this, and no one died, and nothing of consequence happened at all. They beat the enemy without trying, no one even got injured. How am I supposed to care about anything happening when the biggest, baddest conflict so far in the show was less interesting when they were fighting the dumb balloons in the basement?
NyronFeb 17, 2018 9:21 AM
Feb 17, 2018 9:18 AM

Oct 2010
This guy's tying Ryuuou's MC for densest motherfucker. At this point I just feel bad for Goro. Poor dude's partner can't function without MC, and everyone else is paired.
Feb 17, 2018 9:36 AM

Jul 2015
Predictable episode, but entertaining nonetheless.

Come on Hiro.. stop being a wuss. You had to see 002 suffering to grow a pair.

Oh, hey Doctor FranXX. Finally you are back huh?

Feb 17, 2018 9:39 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Goro is probably one of the best characters in this show. He cares. :(

The action was awesome.
I'm curious as to how Hiro managed to beat the virus thing but if it was just an emotional powerup I'm cool with that too. Nothing beats the power of human will right? Right?

It was no Gurren Lagann but I gotta admit the final piercing scene did feel like a throw back to it and the scene in itself was pretty awesome.
Sound direction this episode was fantastic.

Loved the scene with the explosion looking like wings along with Hiro and Zero Two walking out of the cockpit.
Ichigo tearing up at the end was pretty cute too.

New dude at the end. :o

All said about this episode, I'm still not a fan of Hiro. It's kinda like Grimgar all over for me, I like most of the other characters but have a very neutral stance towards the MC.
Feb 17, 2018 9:41 AM

Feb 2016
In the end that guy mentions Nine lota, i wonder whos that.
Feb 17, 2018 9:44 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Awesome episode. The action was great to see. We have Squads 26 and 13 fighting off the enemies and once they encounter a really giant Klaxosaur we get Hiro and Zero Two going to fight it. The teamwork, even in the most dire time, was great to see as they complete their mission and save the day.

What I want to know was how Hiro survived exactly. Did the pain just simply go away cause he held out the longest or does he now have the same blood like Zero Two somehow? The scene itself kind of confused me but I'm curious as to see how it plays out.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 17, 2018 9:44 AM

Nov 2009
I guess anybody that doesn't think this is a power of love mecha show can safely drop this now, loved every minute of this episode.
Feb 17, 2018 9:59 AM

Dec 2009
That moment where Hiro grabs Zero Two from behind left me speechless.

That guy at the end is a part of the Nines I bet. Nine Iota is Zero Two probably and the next arc will probably deal with the Nines.

So now they are a true pair. It is still hard to figure out Zero Two's motives. At times it feels like she cares and needs Hiro, and at times it feels like she is using him. I wonder how they will develop from here now that she knows she won't kill him.
Feb 17, 2018 10:00 AM

Sep 2013
Man this was a sick episode, this is the Trigger I always like to see. Great action and cool one-liners

Also that Zero two x Hiro pairing is shaping up to be pretty cute
Feb 17, 2018 10:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The contrast in feelings that the squad members are experiencing sure were interesting. I guess Ichigo's plea sure got ruined by Zero. The veteran squad really was something in both tactics and teamwork. But target beta sure was a powerful and tricky foe though. That vision that Hiro had with his former partner though was interesting as it allowed us to see both Hiro and Zero's true feelings. The great battle though was really something though and a close victory as well. The teamwork and unity of both squads as well as Hiro's resolve to help Zero was what made it possible though. Looks like Hiro and Zero's bonds are now even stronger. Loved the reunion scenes in the end though. Looks like some new characters will appear soon though. An excellent episode with a great balance of action, momentum and story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2018 10:05 AM

Jan 2015
CodeKeima said:

I don't think it should be disregarded so fast. Imagine covering your mouth when your nose is stuffed cause of flu. Your body will free your nostril to let you breathe, because you can't breathe with your mouth. I think Dino aids retreating was a temporary thing. I bet they will return later
Feb 17, 2018 10:06 AM

Sep 2017
Hmm I was think Hiro would have had some physical transformation like horns of his own or something. They had mentioned that his body was reaction differently from the other people that piloted with 02, but he was clearly stilled getting pretty fucked up. I guess he just needed the right motivation to be able to "activate his ability" of curing his body, or whatever the hell that was.
Feb 17, 2018 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
Climactic action

Feb 17, 2018 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Very good episode, some world details, lots of action and scene where Hiro calming 02 is amazing.
Also, let's see about 02 wish speculation by community.
Feb 17, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2014
For the first time after a long time and disappointment which was Aldnoah Zero I decided to watch mecha. It has potential, but what's with this soundtrack... If soundtrack during fight was a bit better, I would have rated this as nearly perfect mecha anime episode...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2018 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
This is easily the best episode so far. The action was awesome and the fight against that giant cube than can change forms was epic. I loved the moment when Hiro hugged Zero Two from behind to calm her down.
Feb 17, 2018 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
Gotta say I truly dislike the ost they use for when strelizia defeats a klaxosaur
Other then that, it was an awesome episode with some cool action sequences
Feb 17, 2018 10:19 AM

Dec 2017
the solemn music during the klaxosaur destruction ruined it for me, it would've been much better for something more dramatic and not all cheery and festive
Feb 17, 2018 10:23 AM
Jul 2014
giannisww said:
In the end that guy mentions Nine lota, i wonder whos that.

Worth noting that Iota is traditionally a greek numeral assigned the value of "10"

This would suggest that the "nines" are based off of a common genetic template. After all, the boy that we see had Zero-Two's face and similar eye color.

Based upon the introduction, it would be logical to suggest that Zero-two and he share a common base, with female templates sharing a closer appearance and the males having variations due to the presence of the Y chromosome(?).

Thematically, this episode centered around trust. Hiro and Zero-Two could only win win when they began to trust each other on some level and accept each other unconditionally. Hiro literally almost died because Zero-Two was expecting him to and because they weren't truly in sync. Further, their reasons for piloting were identical: they were both ordered to. Hence, on some level they were rejecting each other and placing undue burden on the other, which manifested in Hiro as his disease.

Now, I think that the way Hiro came back was a bit of a cop-out, because it isn't well explained; how does psychological acceptance of the other reverse physical corruption?

With that said, I think it got the point across, and the arrival of one of the nines serves as a good bridge into the next arc of the show.
Feb 17, 2018 10:23 AM

Jan 2018
Probably the best episode so far, so many action scenes it was awesome!! Looking forward to see some more!
Feb 17, 2018 10:24 AM

Apr 2014
Awesome battles, but Hiro being healed by re-gaining his motivation seemed like a bit of a cop-out to me. He had a giant tumor-looking thing on him, how would simply changing his resolve to fight solve that?

I also got a ton of Eva vibes from this episode, with the cross-shaped explosions, the Klaxosaur's wings, and the inner monologue while unconscious. I hope they do more of that in this series, but not to the extent that it feels like they're straight up copying Eva.
Feb 17, 2018 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
uninstallthegame said:
the solemn music during the klaxosaur destruction ruined it for me, it would've been much better for something more dramatic and not all cheery and festive

Yep, completely this. It ruined the finishing blow. Same as the first episode
Feb 17, 2018 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
EpsilonX said:
and the inner monologue while unconscious. I hope they do more of that in this series, but not to the extent that it feels like they're straight up copying Eva.

It's not like NGE invented inner monologues while unconscious

A pretty common way of storytelling

Dec 2017
Nyron said:

Episode 5 spent 25 minutes being moody and somber and really building up to this, and no one died, and nothing of consequence happened at all. They beat the enemy without trying, no one even got injured. How am I supposed to care about anything happening when the biggest, baddest conflict so far in the show was less interesting when they were fighting the dumb balloons in the basement?

yeah, a lot of people were expecting some death after last episode, at least death of the front squad that nobody cares about, but they fucked it up, ugh
Apr 2017
EpsilonX said:
Awesome battles, but Hiro being healed by re-gaining his motivation seemed like a bit of a cop-out to me. He had a giant tumor-looking thing on him, how would simply changing his resolve to fight solve that?

I also got a ton of Eva vibes from this episode, with the cross-shaped explosions, the Klaxosaur's wings, and the inner monologue while unconscious. I hope they do more of that in this series, but not to the extent that it feels like they're straight up copying Eva.

if you didn't know, the manga for this series actually inspired Evangelion.
Feb 17, 2018 10:28 AM

Dec 2015
Good episode. I'm curious who those three at the end were...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 17, 2018 10:29 AM

Feb 2016

That moment there on the episode
Feb 17, 2018 10:29 AM

Dec 2017
EpsilonX said:

i'm sure they'll come up with some "scientifically accurate" explanation to this next episode, maybe from that dr. metaljaw
Feb 17, 2018 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
YukiJudai_100 said:
EpsilonX said:

if you didn't know, the manga for this series actually inspired Evangelion.

Isn't the manga based on the anime, though? Anyways, I didn't know of any officially stated influences from Eva, but it's pretty easy to tell that they've seen the series before.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2018

319 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Jun 14, 1:06 AM

» Why does Kokoro get so much hate? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 15, 2022

70 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 6:59 PM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

115 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

568 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Jun 11, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

335 by Meltedlizard »»
Jun 10, 3:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.