Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 31, 2017 2:50 PM

Oct 2017
I’m just watching to figure out the magic deal, after that, probably drop.

At least it had less cliches than UQ, and the main character has goals and motives, but that voice actor and the crappy dialog just brings it down too much. The only way I can see this getting better is if there is an endless tournament, but I have a feeling they are going to jump into royalty and slice of life next few episodes. Character building crap. Probably a "wow that is a royal pendant, where did you steal it?" moment. And most likely "you’re the low man on the totem pole and you need to do all the chores" moment while getting to know everyone at the guild.
Oct 31, 2017 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
Finally getting interesting! This episode was quite good, keep shouting for the win Asta
Oct 31, 2017 4:06 PM
Jan 2013
The animation sure did a turn this episode.
Oct 31, 2017 4:08 PM

Aug 2015
It's impossible to get used to the shouts of Asta. But it was an incredible episode and fun, even made me cry.
Oct 31, 2017 6:26 PM

Sep 2017
Rayrin said:
Naruto Dragneel finally joined Black Bull Fairy Tail, what a plot twist, sooo unpredictable, too bad his friend Sasuke joined Griffith's guild.

Lmao, this is the perfect comment.
Oct 31, 2017 7:01 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. The scene with the salty guy who lost summoning a magic lizard to attack Asta while he took a shit was the most unintentionally funny thing I've seen in a while. It was so, so stupid.
And the animation was awful for the most part too, the fight with Yuno and his opponent was literally just the screen shaking for a minute. This show is awful but I'm enjoying it so much, I think I'll keep watching for the 'so bad it's good' factor.
Oct 31, 2017 7:56 PM
Oct 2017
pgmhecateii said:
Ummm...not hating it yet, but this is still like a worser version of Fairy Tail crossed with Naruto.

Anyway, everything is still pretty predictable, normal for cliche shounens. The names of the guilds aren't very good, imo. "Fairy Tail", "Lamia Scale", or "Oracion Seis" sound way better...but I get it.

That's funny, my enjoyment watching/reading this is the same I had while watching fairy tail(Before it became advanced cancer). I even like the cliches because they are put in the story in a way that doesn't annoy me too much. My problem is just the pacing... A 2 page flashback was adapted into full 10minutes of anime, and a 1 page fight was adapted into 2minutes of screen shaking.
Oct 31, 2017 8:02 PM

Oct 2017
I actually think this series has a lot of potential. I still find Asta’s screaming annoying, but it wasn’t too bad this episode. The story formula is also king of cheesy (one outgoing kid who has to struggle, and one calm prodidgy), but i hope we get some twists and turns later. Introduction of the squads should be cool tho. I’m hopping for some epic fights in the future as well.
Nov 1, 2017 3:29 AM
Sep 2016
The discrimination in this anime is really strong. The commoners lost in all aspect, status, wealth, even power. I wont be shock if Yuno is actually an illegitimate child of some noble xD

Btw, its much better to see this in anime form than manga form.
Nov 1, 2017 7:09 AM
Aug 2016
I wanna say..isnt mahou-tei translate to Sorcerer Emperor? Wizard King feels weak lolol

And someone mention the squads name arent that nice..well they are more of magical troops under the Sorcerer Emperor that protects the Kingdom. So, they are actually soldiers and generals with individual appeals thus their squad names are more towards hope and goals than lavish and originality. Golden Dawn leads the Kingdom to bright future, Black Bull fights tough and never give up till last moment. Thats the vibe the names give.
Nov 1, 2017 7:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The bronze magic that Asta's opponent used was pretty impressive. And Asta's sword split the shield within seconds showing its power. The captain's observations though were pretty interesting. I guess even in this world nobles are still the same stuck up ones then. Yuno's opponent though prideful does back his words up with skill thats for sure. Man that was such a quick defeat though. The exam sure reduced the number of candidates though but thats too be expected. Wow to think that every captain wants Yuno to be part of their squad though. Never expected Yami to be the one that accepted Asta into his squad though. Asta's opponent though sure was petty though. Black bulls base sure looks like a jumble though. Looks like things are just getting started for both Asta and Yuno.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2017 9:50 AM
Aug 2015
MinTsubasa said:
I wanna say..isnt mahou-tei translate to Sorcerer Emperor? Wizard King feels weak lolol
I don't know if it's called as "Wizard King" in English subtitle since i watched it with Non-English subtitle. But, in wikia and manga scanlation, it called as "Magic Emperor". And yeah, I do agree that Wizard King feels weak lol.
Nov 1, 2017 12:54 PM
Mar 2016
Did Sekken got any spot?????
Nov 1, 2017 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
The episode included a recap of the recap shown at the start of the episode... just wtf? They are intentionally ruining an awesome series

Nov 1, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
Too much recap, almost made me laugh, Asta as annoying as ever, no complaints though, I watch this as parody of shounen genre...
Nov 1, 2017 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
Rayrin said:
Naruto Dragneel finally joined Black Bull Fairy Tail, what a plot twist, sooo unpredictable, too bad his friend Sasuke joined Griffith's guild.

I am sending you a check for thirty Double Dollars for your comment.

I am glad I wasn't seeing things when Griffith showed up.
Nov 1, 2017 3:00 PM

Jun 2013
at least it's actually getting interesting
Nov 1, 2017 3:56 PM

Apr 2012
with anti magic he should be the most powerful magician when he is grown up in a world filled with magic everywhere and where ppl dont care for their physical attributes.

ok he can still gets beaten with normal weapons... but agains magic he is invulnerable
Nov 1, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2015
It's getting a little bit better, but I don't know yet how long I will keep the enough interest to not drop this thing...
Nov 1, 2017 5:28 PM

Mar 2014
It's getting there, being a shonen trash I see good things happening soon.

Those ratings tho...aint gonna get any higher anytime soon, stuck in the 4000s
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 1, 2017 6:57 PM

Feb 2017
Am I the only one getting Kenpachi vibes from Yami? Anyone else? No?

Good episode. So Asta and Yuno finally join their Squads, but there were a bit obvious not going to lie. I was hoping we get to see more of that silver-hair girl. Maybe next episode? I like how Yuno doesn't let anyone mess with Asta. But Asta you seriously can't talk about taking a dump like that in the public. I see that there's a recap even before the opening appears. I hope that doesn't become a common thing now in these days.
Shreeder4092Nov 1, 2017 7:00 PM
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 1, 2017 10:26 PM
Mar 2016
'the protagonist want to became a magic emperor, similar to naruto who want to became hokage buh-ha'
yeah sure, keep comparing, is it your first time reading shounen manga you flithy gaijin ?
Nov 1, 2017 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
So the Black Bull Brigade is now introduced huh!
3/5.

Nov 2, 2017 12:22 AM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
Can we all take a moment and appreciate the music in Black Clover? Like wow.

Nov 2, 2017 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
Whoahoho said:
Did Sekken got any spot?????

yes, he literaly saying getting mad only accepted in green mantis...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 2, 2017 8:15 AM

Jun 2017
LilacChild said:

I love the outro song. It's really good.
Nov 2, 2017 10:51 AM
May 2015
Nice eps!, now the black bulls member! Yeah, noelle xd
Nov 2, 2017 12:41 PM
Feb 2014
It is the worst anime I am following in this season, but I enjoyed this episode and I now I am seeing some potential in the series.
Nov 2, 2017 1:07 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
Randomboi said:
LilacChild said:

I love the outro song. It's really good.

Yeah the outro is super good, but also the way they use music in the show Like the music when the leader of the Black Bulls jumped down and was speaking to Asta was nice and intimidating lol

Nov 3, 2017 4:09 AM

Jul 2016
Finally pacing up! i like the bull captain >:D
Nov 3, 2017 9:06 AM

Feb 2015
Okay, predictable outcomes. There were some great moments though. Yuno has definitely grown on me, I like him better than Asta.

Problem was how boring and unlikable the background characters were. No way would all of them be that snobby and obnoxious. The guys who fought Asta and Yuno really suck too, hope they don't return. I think they're playing the predictable "what can you commoners do --> oh shit they actually won" a bit too much.

But yes, obviously Asta is with the Black Bulls. The main guy seems really cool, and I like that goth-looking guy too. Should be fun. I don't know what to expect from Yuno's choice the main one. Hopefully we get plenty of time there and don't just get only Asta's training stuff.
Nov 3, 2017 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
I love Yami. I knew he would be an interesting character.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 3, 2017 10:21 PM

Jan 2013
Yuno's enemy is exactly the same type of guy that was fighting Asta xD Glad that they got their asses kicked haha
Yami is a very strong character but after all, he is also nice, glad that he accepted Asta.
Now let's see how this will develop.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 4, 2017 12:44 AM

May 2017
Smudy said:
You see, Asta getting thrown around screaming like an idiot was oddly funny to me this episode XDDD

This is definitely getting better now, the squad Asta could join is a fun bunch even though they don't seem to be the smartest lol

Yuno kicking Ba-hah's ass was pretty satisfying.
lol the way you say it ba hah , that's really funny good one 10 points
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2017 9:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Asta go to the Black Bulls!!!
Nov 5, 2017 7:36 AM

Mar 2014
So I just watched the first 5 eps and I'm surprised at how low the score is, for a generic battle shounen. I'd give it a 7.5.
Definitely not the worst I've seen and Asta's voice gets more tolerable. I just hope this doesn't do a HxH and get boring after the trial stage.
Nov 5, 2017 11:21 PM

May 2012
so fairytail - ish
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Nov 8, 2017 2:40 AM

Jan 2014
oh well, Yuno getting closer to Wizard King since he joined Golden Dawn, while Asta join the worst squad, Black Bulls. now, surprise me.
Nov 20, 2017 8:46 AM

Dec 2015
The whole talk about turds was very poor comedy and also gross...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 21, 2017 3:03 AM

Mar 2009
I actually enjoyed this episode.
Dec 5, 2017 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
Oh my gosh, I knew there was going to be a bond between Asta and that big guy. I knew it right when the exam ended because I remembered the first meeting they had. I had a feeling he'd open his heart to Asta. I love this cliche.

I hope they treat my Asta right in the Black Bulls. I don't want him to be abused or anything, but if it's just hard work, Asta can take it.
Dec 7, 2017 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
Every single thing that's happened so far has been so predictable it's hilarious, and yet... it was still badass and kind of a "fuck yeah" moment. Yami's rough and pretty cool. I like him already.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 19, 2017 12:30 AM

Oct 2016
rizuxizu said:
Woo this will only get better from here. Great episode today and Yami was 10/10 with that pressures, can't wait to see the rest of the Black Bull introduced.
Agreed. This is best episode so far and gives me some hope that the show can get better.

Maybe it can be decent if Yami and the other Black Bull members get to shine consistently.
Dec 31, 2017 9:35 PM
Nov 2016
My god, how can one show be so cliched and predictable.
I could have written this in my sleep.

Jan 1, 2018 11:08 PM

Feb 2017
Some of y'all are way too hard on this show. It's not even that bad.

Glad I gave this a chance.
Jan 22, 2018 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
The people in the crowd are assholes.
This Salim dude is an ass.
They want Yuno.
Asta didn't get picked.
Asta got picked by Yami.
That asshole Asta beat is back. Petty fock.
Dat explosion.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 29, 2018 8:51 PM

Jan 2018
I don't know why but I kinda predicted/knew that Asta's like not going to get a single offer from the four captains at first, and of course, later on, he'll get chosen by Yami Sukehiro. Though the episode was kinda okay.
Feb 26, 2018 7:08 AM

Mar 2017
daaaamn that was epic
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Oct 2, 2018 2:31 PM
Mar 2018
He's already in? Wow. That was fast for a Shounen.
Feb 19, 2019 4:04 AM

Mar 2016
I was hoping Yuno's fight to be exciting, but damn was it underwhelming. Even if it's the case of some orphan defeating a naive noble, the fight was not good.

Why make the squad member recruiting moment so tense when all the anticipation was weak since the audiences already know from the OP that Asta will be recruited by the Black Bulls anyway?!
Still, Yami made quite a show there, showing off his immense magic power like that. I wonder how even more immense the Wizard King's magic is.

Besides Yuno and maybe Nash, it's now Yami who also TRULY BELIEVE that Asta is capable of being a Wizards King! The whole exchange between them both was amusing, it might be cliche in shonens where the MC told someone significantly more powerful than them that they'll be in a position more powerful than them (in this case, being the Wizard King). However, I like it anyways.

Damn, Yuno just dropped the most savage burn on Sekke, You are no match for Asta a rival gotta have his rival's back sometimes, I guess.
ShadowkillZFeb 19, 2019 5:43 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

75 by DrCarlosRamos »»
Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Apr 24, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.