Forum Settings
Forums

What are the most problematic thing in recent anime?

New
Aug 11, 2017 4:47 AM

Jul 2017
According to me, the problem is the cliffhanger endings for majority of recent anime. They don't have definitive endings which kinda annoys me. And even if season 2 is announced, we'll have to wait for 1 year or so for it to get aired.
What are your problems with recent/current anime?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 11, 2017 4:50 AM

Jul 2015
>too much romance anime with a tsundere main love interest
>too much half assed 1 cour adaptations
>predictable plots
>lack of sad endings
>lack of milfs and onee sans
tragedydesuAug 11, 2017 5:04 AM
Aug 11, 2017 5:01 AM

Nov 2014
I don't see problems that can only be found recently in anime. Maybe distracting amounts of fanservice.

Other than that, most issues can be found in various anime for quite a number of years now.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview

Jun 2012
Recent? From 20??
Yu-gi-oh are getting worse. Ever since zexal
On the other side;
Lack of MILF

Apr 2016
Western gaijins snooping into stuff they know shit about.
Aug 11, 2017 5:02 AM

Feb 2015
>shit ton of tsundere

Please spare me.
Aug 11, 2017 5:21 AM

Mar 2015
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Recent? From 20??
Yu-gi-oh are getting worse. Ever since zexal

zexal sure is bad, but arc-V is best yu-gi-oh series (tho the ending is kinda dissapointing TBH)... haven't watch v-rains, but i only heard good things from it...

J2H1 said:
And even if season 2 is announced, we'll have to wait for 1 year or so for it to get aired.

1 year is cute... back then we have to wait decade if t's not long run or split cour...

OT: abundance amount of late night shows solely for ads and lack of original series...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 11, 2017 5:22 AM

Oct 2009
Lack of research to make the anime more rational/logical and lack of creativity to execute a story, both for adaptation or original stories...
Don't like it? Just stop watching/reading it. Why become a masochist that keep going through something you don't like and bitching in the end of it?
Aug 11, 2017 5:25 AM

Mar 2016
So much hype for what turns into a shitty series.
How misleading.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Aug 11, 2017 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
Not enough isekais, we need one in which the protagonist is a girl surrounded by muscular boys, and with lots of JOJO references.
Aug 11, 2017 5:54 AM

Jan 2016
Not enough space adventures/space opera anime :'(
Aug 11, 2017 5:57 AM

Mar 2017
1.) Being just an ad for the source material.

2.) I'd rather they adapt already completed stories, rather than be tethered to an unfinished one.

3.) Or rather make an anime original. But its risky.

4.) Risk aversion. Understandable, but frustrating.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Aug 11, 2017 6:01 AM

Sep 2009
Too much shitty LN. Too much shitty VN. Too much shitty manga, Everything's (well, the adaptations) just too shit.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 11, 2017 6:20 AM

May 2017
J2H1 said:
According to me, the problem is the cliffhanger endings for majority of recent anime. They don't have definitive endings which kinda annoys me. And even if season 2 is announced, we'll have to wait for 1 year or so for it to get aired.
What are your problems with recent/current anime?

Same :( but its even worse if they dont get season 2 :(
Aug 11, 2017 6:24 AM

Feb 2010
LITERALLY EVERYTHING, ANIME IS DOOMED

Also whiny fans.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 11, 2017 6:28 AM

May 2015
YaoiMaster said:
So much hype for what turns into a shitty series.
How misleading.

Yeah, but shitty is subjective. Can't say it's a problem if it's opinions.

Aug 11, 2017 6:36 AM

Nov 2016
You know what the real problem is ? Demanding fans, acting like the industry would owe them something.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 11, 2017 6:37 AM

Apr 2017
Anime is Dying ...

#HarshTruth2k17

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 11, 2017 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
The lack of wincest saddens me deeply.
Aug 11, 2017 6:45 AM

Jul 2015
tragedydesu said:
>too much romance anime with a tsundere main love interest
>too much half assed 1 cour adaptations
>predictable plots
>lack of sad endings
>lack of milfs and onee sans

Romance with tsundere: Most of the anime with Romance tag here are just misleading anyway. You might as well change "Romance with Tsundere" with "MC torture session". You won the lottery if you see one kiss at the end of the series. They never develop the relationship. Shoujo anime is my savior at these times.

Half assed 1 cour adaptations is the worst for me.

AdrianRubinskyAug 11, 2017 6:50 AM
Aug 11, 2017 7:53 AM

Apr 2012
Q: What are the most problematic thing in recent anime?
A: Its community.

seems with each year they bitching and moanimg more and more about stuff and this dogmatism and the selfclaimed experts in everything kills it. And everyday somewhere a thread #764229121456 about ratings. love anime but i rly dont care about its community anymore.
Aug 11, 2017 11:37 AM
Nov 2015
New anime doesn't have enough Rikka clones.
Aug 11, 2017 11:43 AM
Aug 2017
I think it's the ambitions, most anime are just pretentious and don't really accomplish to execute the objective presented in the story
Aug 11, 2017 11:57 AM
Nov 2015
Darek said:
The lack of wincest saddens me deeply.

Of course! How could I have forgotten the real problem with new anime?
Aug 11, 2017 12:05 PM
Jun 2015
Copy copy copy. Every anime now just copies from the last one. Boku no hero and kakegurui are the only good ones this season
Aug 11, 2017 12:07 PM

Jun 2017
Having a lack of character development + the content is not as addicting/exciting as the old one's anymore. A lot of fantasy and stuff is being published these days.
Aug 11, 2017 12:20 PM

Mar 2016
the "dropped into a fantasy world" setting. and it isn't problematic if it is original, but they are all the same thing...

also this
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Recent? From 20??
Yu-gi-oh are getting worse. Ever since zexal.
exactly this. one hell of a good series getting worst every new season.
Aug 11, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
Eight-Man said:
Copy copy copy. Every anime now just copies from the last one. Boku no hero and kakegurui are the only good ones this season

Is that sarcasm? I hope so if not that's just sad.
Aug 11, 2017 12:55 PM
Sep 2007
For me it is the same problem in any era - annoying MCs.
Aug 11, 2017 1:03 PM

Jul 2015
I don't see much of any problem with modern anime, if anything, anime hasn't changed much in the last 20-30 years,( except that the animation is a lot better), so that may be a problem, but if anime changes to much, then it would just get boring probably.
Aug 11, 2017 1:14 PM
Jun 2015
sasalx said:
Eight-Man said:

Is that sarcasm? I hope so if not that's just sad.

If boku does copy, which I haven't seen, then it does it well.
Aug 11, 2017 3:50 PM

Aug 2011
They're not being made to tell a story anymore. Yeah we might get one arc animated but it just never feels like anything was resolved or completed in those 12 episodes, and it's basically a "now go read the novels/manga!" finale.

Aug 11, 2017 3:51 PM

Apr 2015
The most hyped series go to Anime Strike or Netflix.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 11, 2017 4:01 PM

Mar 2017
Too much fanservice.
Too many dull op protagonists.
Too many anime with higher scores than Boku no Hero Academia
Aug 11, 2017 5:07 PM
Jun 2017
Think about the emoji movie. Recent anime is like that. They produce with a idea of making the series popular, not to make it good
Aug 11, 2017 5:35 PM

Dec 2012
The lack of conclusive endings in almost everything because of the Japanese business strategy, resulting in hundreds of incomplete adaptations. Not really a recent thing though it's been going on for decades now.
KruszerAug 11, 2017 5:39 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 11, 2017 5:37 PM

Feb 2013
not enough representation of lesbian characters particularly schoolgirls
Aug 11, 2017 5:41 PM
Sep 2014
- Bland, generic MCs
- Fanservice (why focus on butts and tits when the characters are having a conversation, let alone a important one?)
- Shows solely existing to advertise the LN/manga and ending after 1 season without any conclusion.
Aug 11, 2017 6:03 PM

Jun 2015
Studios butchering source material without a care in the world.

And the people who defend the above problem.
Aug 12, 2017 6:33 AM

Nov 2009
Too many dumb people watching anime. Too many people lacking in a sense of self-worth watching anime.
Back in the day, anime was awesome, because only people capable of praising anime and feeling good about watching this alien stuff were watching it.

I have to agree, they don't make much sci-fi nowadays, with fantasy being way more popular. But I don't think it's a problem - in the end, most sci-fi of the past was meaningless military action. The only difference with modern fantasy is aesthetics.

dsfjr1190 said:
- Fanservice (why focus on butts and tits when the characters are having a conversation, let alone a important one?)

Just because two characters are having a conversation, doesn't mean the anime has to stop showing stuff. Might as well show off the heroine's breasts.
Aug 12, 2017 12:32 PM

Sep 2016
I personally think anime is getting better over the years, but obviously there are problems with every thing, and some of my issues may exist in old anime as well.

My problem is a lack of realism and Grittiness. Obviously people don't watch cartoons just to see things that can be done in real life, and I thank all the cute anime girls and crazy over the top shows for that.
But, There's a lack of snap moments that yank you back into the show, and say "hold up, there's still consequences"

How many times in anime have you seen a big giant laser energy beam fight, shoot out, flying sword duel, Mecha Battle, ect ect and not a single person dies?
It's silly.
Two guys have a big stupid sword battle with explosions and a building getting chopped in half. and the winner of the fight walks away from his foe without finishing it by cutting his head of or something, so he can rise to fight him again.

Honestly what annoys me isn't the fantasy aspect, but the lack of logic applied to it afterwards. If you wanna have a cartoon world with dragons, great. but make sure dragons are eating people and being unstoppable behemoths that they truly would be. There's zero tension in show where you know the writer isn't willing to risk killing a character or have something unexpected happen.

Human beings in reality can die falling out of bed.
I don't care.
Aug 12, 2017 12:36 PM

May 2010
The most problematic thing about "modern/new" anime is that that technology has advanced so far in terms of lighting, animation quality and technique, etc that its rendered all the old "classics" obsolete like a DeLorean.

So now all the butthurt people have to whine and cry about it cause their feelings got hurt because Steins;Gate, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, SAO, Mawaru Penguindrum, Madoka Magica, etc blow their black and white pixelated slideshows out the water. :\

It's like the stereotypical italian grandpa hanging on to his Sinatra vinyl complaining about modern music :(

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Aug 12, 2017 12:38 PM

Apr 2017
RnDNEET021 said:
Anime is Dying ...

#HarshTruth2k17
.......................................................lool
Aug 12, 2017 12:42 PM

May 2010
The_Fat_Punisher said:
I personally think anime is getting better over the years, but obviously there are problems with every thing, and some of my issues may exist in old anime as well.

My problem is a lack of realism and Grittiness. Obviously people don't watch cartoons just to see things that can be done in real life, and I thank all the cute anime girls and crazy over the top shows for that.
But, There's a lack of snap moments that yank you back into the show, and say "hold up, there's still consequences"

How many times in anime have you seen a big giant laser energy beam fight, shoot out, flying sword duel, Mecha Battle, ect ect and not a single person dies?
It's silly.
Two guys have a big stupid sword battle with explosions and a building getting chopped in half. and the winner of the fight walks away from his foe without finishing it by cutting his head of or something, so he can rise to fight him again.

Honestly what annoys me isn't the fantasy aspect, but the lack of logic applied to it afterwards. If you wanna have a cartoon world with dragons, great. but make sure dragons are eating people and being unstoppable behemoths that they truly would be. There's zero tension in show where you know the writer isn't willing to risk killing a character or have something unexpected happen.

Human beings in reality can die falling out of bed.

Why does it seem like you're taking the piss on fantasy anime.

I'm guessing you didn't watch Gate because that literally happens - what you described.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Aug 12, 2017 12:46 PM
Aug 2017
The word "problematic" is pretty problematic.
Aug 12, 2017 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
flannan said:
Too many dumb people watching anime. Too many people lacking in a sense of self-worth watching anime.
Back in the day, anime was awesome, because only people capable of praising anime and feeling good about watching this alien stuff were watching it.

I have to agree, they don't make much sci-fi nowadays, with fantasy being way more popular. But I don't think it's a problem - in the end, most sci-fi of the past was meaningless military action. The only difference with modern fantasy is aesthetics.

I completely agree with your post, i'm tired of all the layers of irony of modern anime fans. They are all about self-deprecation and memes, and they make everyone else look bad.
Aug 12, 2017 12:53 PM

Apr 2013
I believe with the current issues within the Anime Industry (low staff and under payed animators) factor into some of the current issues, like for example I hate how some shows tend to waver a bit in animation in the middle of the series (you can see this occurring in the recent episodes of MIA) due to maybe "low-budget" and stuff, at this point I'm willing to allow American companies such as netflix to help produce Animes so that the quality of Animation can be consistent, also the whole lack of anything unique aside from a couple of shows from every recent season is a bit bothersome, I do also feel a yearning for more Sci-Fi, Horror, and mature series to be made but eh, time will soon solve everything

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 12, 2017 12:54 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Fantasy (Magic) RPG /in high school/ garbage. How many of these clones do we have to get? Idol shows are also pretty trash to since none of them have tried thinking outside the box.
Aug 12, 2017 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
Stripesu said:
Fantasy (Magic) RPG /in high school/ garbage. How many of these clones do we have to get? Idol shows are also pretty trash to since none of them have tried thinking outside the box.

tfw Macross is the only good unique recent idol series, when it isn't even technically an idol Anime, at this point I find myself getting tired of recent idol Anime even if I'm an avid fan of the genre due to too many plot lines and tropes being recycled over and over again (but low ratings for many of the shows may lead to some studios to focus on making more unique idol shows- well that's until Love Live! is done for good)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 12, 2017 1:05 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Stripesu said:

tfw Macross is the only good unique recent idol series, when it isn't even technically an idol Anime, at this point I find myself getting tired of recent idol Anime even if I'm an avid fan of the genre due to too many plot lines and tropes being recycled over and over again (but low ratings for many of the shows may lead to some studios to focus on making more unique idol shows- well that's until Love Live! is done for good)

You're very self-aware. I applaud that.

But obviously the Japanese market indulge in the Love Live! and the idol rehash from season to season so it must be making some people happy.

I've tempted getting into Macross but it's a large ass franchise.....
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - Apr 25

20 by Timeline_man »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » anime is trash and so am i

deg - 3 hours ago

21 by animegamer245 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - Apr 26

46 by Eleben »»
10 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - Yesterday

54 by Memore »»
12 minutes ago

» What's the most important feature in an anime for you?

new_Ango - Yesterday

40 by BitChilly »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.