Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 22, 2016 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
This is stupid. Who the fuck imprisons people for dating someone when it's consensual. Besides they should go after the school for making Ikki and Stella share a same room. And what pisses me off the most is the fact that Ikki's still trying to make his douche father acknowledge him. After all those years you'd think that he's learned his lesson, Ikki your family doesn't give a fuck about you so move the fuck on. When I see a protagonist try so hard to make people like them it's just hard to watch it's pathetic.
Sep 25, 2016 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
PrimeX said:
This is stupid. Who the fuck imprisons people for dating someone when it's consensual. Besides they should go after the school for making Ikki and Stella share a same room. And what pisses me off the most is the fact that Ikki's still trying to make his douche father acknowledge him. After all those years you'd think that he's learned his lesson, Ikki your family doesn't give a fuck about you so move the fuck on. When I see a protagonist try so hard to make people like them it's just hard to watch it's pathetic.

This is exactly what I wanted to write, well done!

Ikki basically does everything I do not want him to do. When Stella asks him to sleep with her he declines, but when that fat bastard wants to throw him into prison he agrees? wtf...
Nov 5, 2016 4:44 AM

Apr 2009
WTF happened to this show?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2016 6:32 AM

May 2015
The amount of brain cells I lost while reading all these blind hate comments...

Jan 16, 2017 11:14 PM

Dec 2012
Touka pantsu.

I want Touka to cook for me.

Ikki can't stop gazing at Touka. Cooking/Reversible sight wife? Do you dare?

That crushed spirit.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 21, 2017 9:04 PM

Jul 2013
The episode began pretty good with hearing and seeing more about Toka as a character. At some points it looked like she's a little clumsy. :P

I knew after that guy made the photo of Ikki and Stella kissing each other something bad would happen. I can't say how much I hate Akaza. He's such a douchebag. Same for Ikki's father, how in the hell can you be like this as a father. Nothing is worse as hearing the words you're useless, give up what you're doing.

Poor Ikki, I feel so bad for him :(

And now after all these days were he couldn't really sleep, train etc. he had to fight against Toka....
Of course he has to give up wanting to be a knight if he loses.

Not sure what will happen especiialy because it's the last episode. Really curious to see that.

Feb 17, 2017 5:07 AM

Jun 2012
They should have tortured him so he ended up broken like Griffith, turning the series into Berserk 2.0.
Mar 23, 2017 12:05 AM

May 2013
Homaigawd, the rest of the Kurogane family and their henchmen are complete douchebags D:<

Poor Ikki :( Stella, go to him and save him ;A; he's slowly losing himself after that horrible conversation with his shit father v__v
Mar 24, 2017 2:35 AM

Apr 2010
well.. that was stupid..
Apr 8, 2017 8:02 PM

May 2015
Son of a b*tch! I didn’t expect the sudden shift in tone… the second half of this show was depressing as hell, I don’t understand how a father would give his consent to incarcerate his son for BS circumstances... I didn’t know who I hated the most Mamoru or Ikki’s dad. *Triggered AF*
Jun 28, 2017 5:54 AM

Jul 2013
Kaiki, is that you?!
Aug 3, 2017 7:18 AM

Jun 2017
I really don't know what to say about this episode.

Pros
I really liked the pacing and the strain all arround Ikki.
Those battles where also really cool even if there wasnt anything to see.

Cons
The style of the colours really irritated me and this "old movie" filter also made it a bit ugly.

Oct 22, 2017 2:44 AM

Sep 2012
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
Homaigawd, the rest of the Kurogane family and their henchmen are complete douchebags D:<

Poor Ikki :( Stella, go to him and save him ;A; he's slowly losing himself after that horrible conversation with his shit father v__v

Roy_Focker said:
Son of a b*tch! I didn’t expect the sudden shift in tone… the second half of this show was depressing as hell, I don’t understand how a father would give his consent to incarcerate his son for BS circumstances... I didn’t know who I hated the most Mamoru or Ikki’s dad. *Triggered AF*

bibinator72 said:
I really don't know what to say about this episode.

Pros
I really liked the pacing and the strain all arround Ikki.
Those battles where also really cool even if there wasnt anything to see.

Cons
The style of the colours really irritated me and this "old movie" filter also made it a bit ugly.

tinman21 said:
well.. that was stupid..

this is what i think of this EP:
the writers became dumb at this part they should have made so that Stella threatens the comity with international incident say's it front of camera saying what he said (about purity of their relationship) & at the end threatens the comity with international incident if they won't stop this witch hunt, that way the story would have been a lot better
Mar 16, 2018 1:24 PM
Mar 2018
Well Ikki's father is that guy who we know is scumbag but can't touch him. This is politics and people take advantage of it. The only thing Ikki can do is get help from outside to teach a lesson to his douche of a father
May 15, 2018 4:05 PM

Mar 2016
The plot suddenly GOT DEEP AND REAL!!!
I love how the show shifted to become a more serious show Still, some characters just piss the fuck outta me!

Firstly the students: Fuck those who gossip behind the backs of Ikki, Stella and their true friends. Jealous pussies.

Akaza: KYS!!!

Father: He's the person behind everything. He's the person that gives Ikki his will to be strong and show that he's capable. Yet, the father still doesn't acknowledge him, because no matter how skilled he is, no talent means that he should just not try?! Stupid way of thinking!
May 16, 2018 11:31 PM

Mar 2018
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:
The plot suddenly GOT DEEP AND REAL!!!
I love how the show shifted to become a more serious show Still, some characters just piss the fuck outta me!

Firstly the students: Fuck those who gossip behind the backs of Ikki, Stella and their true friends. Jealous pussies.

Akaza: KYS!!!

Father: He's the person behind everything. He's the person that gives Ikki his will to be strong and show that he's capable. Yet, the father still doesn't acknowledge him, because no matter how skilled he is, no talent means that he should just not try?! Stupid way of thinking!
Yeah, this episode is definitely the darkest one yet. We realize that the world they live in is much more horrible and dystopian than it seemed at first.

Akaza ought to be crushed like a bug. He is the worst.

Kurogane Itsuki also needs to die.

But those scenes with that lock of Stella's hair - they were beautiful. The reminder of her love keeps Ikki going. That was so good. :) (That is original to the anime, I think. It is not in the LN.)
Sep 19, 2018 11:33 AM

May 2016
NeoAnkara said:
For those who are interest this is from LN volume 3 part 5.

Even the crushing sound can be heard.
if only they adapted it this well, this scene could have been on par with top tier shows.
RaizelSep 19, 2018 11:49 AM
Sep 20, 2018 10:54 PM

Mar 2018
Raizel said:
NeoAnkara said:
For those who are interest this is from LN volume 3 part 5.

Even the crushing sound can be heard.
if only they adapted it this well, this scene could have been on par with top tier shows.

Regarding Ikki and his dad in the later LNs...

Oct 22, 2019 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
What a toxic parent. The colors this episode tho.
Nov 6, 2019 6:01 AM

Jul 2013
Reading the cancerous replies in this thread made my brain hurt.

No people. He wasn't incarcerated because he was dating Stella ffs. I swear you dumbasses are only paying attention when it comes to fights. He was jailed because his father was abusing his political power by framing Ikki into all sorts of bs and tainting his image to the public because his father believes in an absolute hierarchy that an untalented blazer like Ikki should stay at the bottom. Ikki has broken this ideal through hard work and posed as a challenge to the system his father created.

Ikki's breakdown has been foreshadowed in the last episode when he was questioning what his source of strength was. We know now in this episode that he wanted his father's approval all along that's why he worked this hard to prove that an F-rank like him could join the big leagues. It was all shattered when it was revealed that his father acknowledged him all along but just didn't care about his existence. Everything Ikki strived for has been broken down because his goal was futile all along as his father never really hated him but just downright couldn't care less about him.

Anyway, good episode.
Nov 19, 2019 4:11 AM

Jun 2017
On a lighthearted note: Touka's personality is funny, she's somewhat likable and very strong on top of that, not to mention very pretty.

On a more serious note: God! I hated every single laugh of that Ugly Bastard. Oh yeah, they full well know that they did a good job portraying that Head of Ethics Committee, I want to... GRRR! Poor Ikki, he just hoped that his sorry excuse of a father will somewhat acknowledge him, but then he said those words enough to destroy him. I hope they get divine retribution for this, especially that Ugly Bastard.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 23, 2020 10:42 PM

Jun 2009
Mar 29, 2020 6:58 AM

May 2015
Poor Ikki. Mentsl breakdown is coming.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 25, 2020 11:17 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I would love to know why his father behaves like this. Can't he see how much he achived? He does not deserve to be a dad -.-

Apr 14, 2021 10:29 AM

Mar 2019
I feel like this episode is the best one from this season. Touka showing her human side was great. I like her a lot.

But damn, the 2nd half of this episode hit hard. That black and white style made everything so much more tense. I feel so bad for Ikki, going through all that and now having to fight Touka in that environment and also with his father's words. The pacing itself felt weird, like I feel like it cut a lot of things from the LN even though I haven't read it. It seemed like things were going a lot faster than it should but this season only has 12 episodes so maybe they are trying to fit everything in it.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 7, 2021 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was really very tense in the 2nd part. MAN, poor Ikki has been suffering through a lot !!
Jun 6, 2021 12:32 PM

Apr 2021
well, that was kinda quick and weird and idk what to think now really

it seemed quite chaotic

it's sad that ikki's father didn't feel even hatred towards his son, he just was indifferent

but otherwise... kinda eh episode
i wish i was a cloud
Dec 30, 2021 11:52 AM

Nov 2010
Such a toxic family. I'm glad my parents aren't extremely difficult to please unlike his. His family is trying really hard to make sure he doesn't amount to anything just because they think he has no innate talents worthy of the Kurogane name.
Jan 1, 2022 10:47 AM

Aug 2017
I feel bad for Ikki and Stella now and I'm glad the final battle reasoning isn't something random like mind control or some generic monster.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 4, 2022 6:01 PM

May 2008
I had a feeling this was going to happen, anime's don't just joyfully slide into a happy ending.
Apr 3, 2022 3:08 PM

Jul 2021
The cliffhanger though is really something
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 25, 2022 8:06 AM

Nov 2019
Ikki got imprisoned for kissing Stella. Then forced to endure some fight club. It doesn't make sense.
Sep 13, 2022 12:18 AM
Sep 2021
Kurogane's next opponent is Raikiri and everything rides on this match.

I give this episode 6/10.
Dec 12, 2022 2:31 AM
Dec 2022
Saya berharap s2 dari anime ini akan rilis
May 22, 2023 5:28 AM

Sep 2018
One of the shittiest episodes I've ever seen, couldn't believe what I was watching, felt so unbelievably stupid, pretentious and melodramatic, especially with the change in art style.
Oct 14, 2023 1:27 PM

Apr 2008
Wow...
I felt this anime was kinda generic but fine...

but then this random garbage twist plot line is just so trash.

It's completely illogical and just stupid, completely immersion breaking.

Literally tanked the shows overall rating for me.
Nov 19, 2023 12:58 PM
May 2020
Ikki's dad is the biggest op
Dec 28, 2023 11:14 AM
Sep 2021
impeccable direction in this episode
Feb 4, 10:04 PM

Nov 2022
Wow I really like the way they presented this episode
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Jun 2017
geh bogus twist .The incarceration going for so long in a futurusitic society for surface level assumptions when the so called victim Stella, a princess and the princi of the academy backs the boy.This isn't a romance of an aged Duchess with a poor boy from Pakistan but of two kids where one holds diplomatic impunity and the heiress to a country.Imagine if princess Mako had a boy she liked in good ol Murica and fox slandered him.Would they give any shit ?
Even if one is to assume the father holds ubiquitous power through shady business then the princi who is put up to be the saviour of Ikki from his father wouldn't have allowed him and fmc to share a room.An open gift to forge whatever they deem fit.The disjointed logic are all over the place. The psychedelic tripshow to make it more villainous and stretch it made it all the more ridiculous
bakakisimaMar 25, 3:25 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

194 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.