Forums

Name one anime that everyone seems to DISlike except you

New
Jun 2, 2017 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
Starting from the fact that I am aware that I'm not an special snowflake and I know there are more people who will probably like those shows apart of me:

Mayoiga. People says it's awful and/or boring. For my part, I enjoyed the Hell out of it and the characters and the plot were so stupid the series ended being funnier than some of the actual comedies of that year like Sakamoto desu ga? or Dagashi Kashi. Is so far the only "so bad, it's good" anime I have experienced in my life. I also think the message of the show was actually good.

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou. Not sure if it was properly disliked in it's time, but it has a "low" score on the webpage, so I will assume people didn't liked the show too much.
I liked a lot the setting, the transformations to magical girls of the main heroines were badass, I loved how the tarot motifs were portrayed (they were used properly, with the different meanings of the Arcana, instead of just include it to make the setting cooler), the villain was cool and the action was decent. I ended honestly surprised.

Deen Fate/Stay Night. As much of a bad adaptation it was, I cannot bring myself to dislike it. Apart of being the series who introduced me to the Fate franchise, it has a very good soundtrack (better than the one of the UBW anime) and the ending was very good, even if it was sad.
IllyricusJun 2, 2017 3:03 PM
Jun 2, 2017 9:54 AM

May 2017

I agree, I only watched like 5 eps but it was actually interesting at some points

I also think the animation in Queen Bee hentai is alright

School Days had a great ending I laughed so hard best comedy anime
daddyknivesJun 2, 2017 10:03 AM
Jun 2, 2017 9:58 AM

Sep 2016
Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo.

If you don't laugh watching it, you don't have a sense of humor, no matter how much Gintama you enjoy or [Insert another very much loved comedy] you love.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Jun 2, 2017 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
School days and Sao

Sao was entertaining enough (i really loved the fight scenes)
School days have the best ending in any harem
Jun 2, 2017 10:02 AM

Feb 2015
It's not rip-off when the author said "I got the idea from [this source]."

Jun 2, 2017 10:04 AM

Oct 2013
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

Wanted to say Bubuki Buranki too but I needed to write only one
Jun 2, 2017 10:52 AM

May 2016
One Piece 4kids. the one piece rap might be the best op in anime history
I only have a hundred anime on my list, so my opinions dont matter...
Jun 2, 2017 10:55 AM
Mar 2017
Assassination classroom, it was pretty fun In my opinion

Jun 2, 2017 10:58 AM
Dec 2015
Occultic;Nine

I liked it from the first episode, when everyone else hated it. It was fast paced, but very well directed, with every shot making sure the viewer focuses on what is necessary. I thought the characters were charming, and Yuta Gamon had a great little character progression that kept me invested in him, and I related to him too. The fast pacing captured the feeling I associate with the mind of occultists, and the direction, while unconventional, was very effective at making sure I focus on the important stuff while keeping the chaotic atmosphere that compliments its story. It's also got some incredible foreshadowing which gives it tons of rewatch value. On top of that it's really good looking and has an amazing OP and ED.
Jun 2, 2017 11:02 AM

Feb 2015
Hand Shakers. I particularly found the battles sensational, the soundtrack great, and the absence of cuts in the battles makes everything extremely epic! And the story is very interesting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2017 11:12 AM

Mar 2015
Oh, boy. Let's see how many I can write off the top of my head.

Aldnoah.Zero - I liked how it all progressed. Ending was fine and fitting in my eyes.

Fate/DEEN + UBW movie - I don't care what the VN's like. As an anime, I wholeheartedly enjoyed it (much more than Unlimited Budget Works). Liked Rin a lot more in these. Good soundtrack. Better fight choreography, too.

ChäoS;HEAd - From what I recall, didn't have many good ratings on ANN (before I started using MAL).

Nobunaga the Fool - Don't remember anyone saying it was good. I had a great ol' time watching it.

Pokemon Black & White - Best Wishes best series IMO. Iris best girl, cuter than any other. No contests/showcases, just pure unadulterated poke-battles! Biggest plethora of unique rivals I can recall. Steel-type moves actually looked like steel-type moves.

Rampo Kitan: Game of Laplace - I only watched it some time after it aired. But I'm guessing it didn't make many waves.

Oh, yeah. there's also Elfen Lied.
Jun 2, 2017 12:43 PM

Apr 2015
Not very many works really fall into this class, but going off of MALgraph, I've rated the following works at least 2 whole points higher then the average rating on MAL:
Adolesence of Utena (+2.41, Personal rating of 10)
Serial Experiments Lain (+2.01, Personal rating of 10)
Notable examples where I've rated a work at least 1 whole point higher, but not quite 2:
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS (+1.27, Personal rating of 9)
Cossette no Shouzou (+1.02, Personal rating of 8)
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jun 2, 2017 12:56 PM

Oct 2015
ohhh a bunch. birth ova, outlanders, concrete revolutio. i liked ladies vs butlers too lmao.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Jun 2, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2016
Pff.. nothing easier than this...

Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Jun 2, 2017 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
According to MALGraph, I rated Toriko and Knights of Sidonia 2 points higher than average.
But if we ignore that and go with the "general consensus"/community angle, then I'll say that I liked Terraformars and AssClass.
Jun 2, 2017 1:11 PM
Sep 2016
It's easy BangDream, Idol baNd FTW...
Jun 2, 2017 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Oh man well. I will mention the ones that pops up to my mind.

Sword Art Online - Everyone seems to dislike this series while I personally thought the anime is fine alone, and the LN series is quite good.

Rewrite (Season 1) - The anime adaptation wasn't really that great, I thought it was alright for what it did and a lot of VN readers seemed to dislike it or feeling disappointed. I thought it was fine and I could enjoy it at the very least.

Asterisk - Pretty generic and a lot of people were beating it like crap because of so many reasons back when it was airing, but overall it was a pretty okay battle tourney harem show.

Active Raid - This one was so rated down but I thought after the first few episodes it actually got decent. Quite enjoyable if you ask me.

Fairy Tail - From a lot of people that I know of they disliked the anime, taking away from the manga aside I thought the anime was enjoyable (except for 2014 fillers... UUGH).

Endride - It was rather bad but I slightly enjoyed it. Lots and lots of people including RogerSmith2004 hated this show from those that I know Lol.
Jun 2, 2017 1:21 PM

Oct 2015
SAO 2 - In my opinion it was at least equal to the first one.

Aku no Hana - The ending (or lack of) was terrible but I don't get the hate for the animation/art style. It was certainly different but I thought it perfectly suited the tone of the manga and gave it a real sense of realism.
Jun 2, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2016
Sword Art Online, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, Rewrite, Date a Live, Musaigen no Phantom World, Oreimo, Kyoukai no Kanata, Glass no Hana.

GamerUnglued said:
Occultic;Nine

I liked it from the first episode, when everyone else hated it. It was fast paced, but very well directed, with every shot making sure the viewer focuses on what is necessary. I thought the characters were charming, and Yuta Gamon had a great little character progression that kept me invested in him, and I related to him too. The fast pacing captured the feeling I associate with the mind of occultists, and the direction, while unconventional, was very effective at making sure I focus on the important stuff while keeping the chaotic atmosphere that compliments its story. It's also got some incredible foreshadowing which gives it tons of rewatch value. On top of that it's really good looking and has an amazing OP and ED.

That was such a nice read! I loved it too. Specially the bold part^.
I liked how they fit the preview into the ending, it was great!
Jun 2, 2017 1:50 PM

Jan 2017
Fairy tail and sao for me. A lot of people hate it so much and I can't bring myself to do that. I love them series so much xD
Jun 2, 2017 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
if you think you're the only one of anything you aren't searching very far or good
Jun 2, 2017 2:21 PM

Apr 2014
School Days is probably the biggest example I could give. There are a few more shows that are rated below 7 that I enjoyed but since they are rarely talked about, I don't even know if the rating is due to people disliking it or because only those that tend to have lower averages bothered to rate them.
Jun 2, 2017 2:32 PM

Mar 2013
I can't understand why so many people don't like Aldnoah.Zero? I thought the characters were interesting and the ending suited the series. They might have assassinated that one OST but I liked hearing it over and over again.
Jun 2, 2017 2:42 PM

Jul 2014
Betterman has a relatively low score here but I thought it was pretty great. The show manages to seamlessly blend genres that normally wouldn't work well together and manages to create a unique and unnerving atmosphere.
Take care of yourself

Jun 2, 2017 2:56 PM

Jun 2015
Once again, I don't understand any of the hate Akuma no Riddle gets.
Jun 2, 2017 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
For me that would be Aku no Hana, people bash its rotoscope animation to oblivion...And its for me one of the points that make its really interesting and somewhat unique.

Its fits the atmosphere of the show way better than that cute characters art from the manga. How I wish it had a season 2 T-T
Jun 2, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 2017
mars of destruction was bad in a good way liked the girls
Jun 2, 2017 3:02 PM

Dec 2015
Akame ga Kill, everyone I've seen hates the shit out of it.

SomedayFire0 said:
Assassination classroom, it was pretty fun In my opinion
What? This is the last anime I expected to see here.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 2, 2017 3:02 PM
Mar 2017
Asterisk, definitely. While it may be cliche but for me the harem n fight tourney going on is enough to satisfy my needs.Not much people said they like it. Where can I find more in this genre in which the fight is shown(powers fight ofc). But hey, he does have a winner in his heart. Ayato ftw
Jun 2, 2017 3:03 PM

Mar 2017
I always see people hate on Angel Beats for some reason and I never find anyone else who loves it (aside from a small few)
╠╬╣ 일 » 이 » 삼 » 사 ╠╬╣

Jun 2, 2017 3:41 PM

May 2016
Some people like to hate on Clannad ~After Story~, WataMote, and Kill la Kill. These people are wrong and should never be allowed to make their own decisions ever again, because they are a danger to themselves and others.

People also like to shit on Midori Days and Fruits Basket. These people need to be beaten with frozen sausages until the sausages thaw out.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 2, 2017 3:51 PM

Feb 2016
I actually really enjoyed Aldnoah.Zero - so I'm going wit this one.
Also Aku no Hana - I love the art/animation style in this show a lot. It's pretty unique and fits the atmosphere so well.
Jun 2, 2017 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Like many people already said: School Days
Jun 2, 2017 4:08 PM

Jun 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Some people like to hate on Clannad ~After Story~, WataMote, and Kill la Kill. These people are wrong and should never be allowed to make their own decisions ever again, because they are a danger to themselves and others.

People also like to shit on Midori Days and Fruits Basket. These people need to be beaten with frozen sausages until the sausages thaw out.

I don't know whether you're serious about these people, or if you're just taking the piss. But either way it's not funny or amusing. It's just awkward and distasteful.
Jun 2, 2017 4:11 PM

Nov 2016
I literally LOVE Sword Art and idc how many ppl hate it hahaha
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Jun 2, 2017 4:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I mostly like anime that alot of people dislike lol
Jun 2, 2017 4:14 PM
Aug 2016
I found Oreshura a great anime, as it just felt refreshing, and the simple anime like oreshura are my guilty pleasures I guess you could say, but people always put it down, and I think they don't look at it with a simple mindset, they overanalyze it rather than trying to relax and enjoy it
Jun 2, 2017 4:15 PM

Apr 2016
honey and clover. Not everyone have seen this anime.. So it could be less on favorite list.

Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look
around. It's undeniable.
Noctis

Jun 2, 2017 4:20 PM

Dec 2016
Tokyo Ghoul and Erased. I really enjoyed both these series a lot despite their flaws. Objectively, they might not be the best, but they were a really enjoyable experience for me. Besides those, I would say that I enjoyed certain harem anime quite a bit, especially Date A Live and Trinity Seven (everybody hates on harem anime lol).
Jun 2, 2017 5:19 PM

May 2016
Reddix said:
honey and clover. Not everyone have seen this anime.. So it could be less on favorite list.

Most people I've seen who've seen it liked it, so it's not really a show people hate--it's just a show not many people have seen.
AltoRoark said:
Zelkiiro said:

I don't know whether you're serious about these people, or if you're just taking the piss. But either way it's not funny or amusing. It's just awkward and distasteful.

Everything I say is the truth. The only thing that is distasteful is lies. Like the people who hate the Fruits Basket anime. They're just lying to themselves.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 2, 2017 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
From the top of my head.

Oreimo, fairy tail, second season of SAO, quite a few ecchi shows since those get a lot of hate just for existing, pretty much any loli or incest anime so on and so forth.
Jun 2, 2017 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
I think Free gets a lot of hate, but it's honestly the most I've enjoyed a KyoAni series in a lot of time (not counting Koe no Katachi, which is a movie). The soundtrack is amazing, animation as expected -especially the water- breathtaking, and I think the second season does a really good job at developing and establishing the characters which are really likeable, though some of them shine a lot more than others and something the way it creates conflicts to give the show some punch feels rushed and forced.
But yeah, I don't think it's half bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2017 5:54 PM

Sep 2015
Akame ga kill got a lot of hate but when I watch it, it wasn't that bad to me at least. SAO too like I don't think its the best but I did enjoy it oh, and School day ending was a climax haha.
B O T T O M T E X T
Jun 2, 2017 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
Sword Art Online and The Irregular at Magic Highschool are some of the ones I see the most hate for that I enjoyed, yet those two series are actually rated quite highly by the majority of it's viewers according to the stats, and the people who disliked it are a small percentage.
KruszerJun 2, 2017 6:15 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 2, 2017 6:27 PM

Mar 2016
Obligatory sao. Mayoiga was fine imo too. Phantom world .Some harems i found decent like oreshura, Vanadis, and whatnot...
Jun 2, 2017 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
True Tears.

A lot of people got burned over which girl "won"-- rival ships in the fandom were pretty heated throughout the whole show-- but I think most people who dislike the anime missed the whole point of it.

Even if you don't care about the general underlying narrative or the story-within-a-story subplotline, it's worth watching because it's a romance triangle where for once it isn't clear who will "win".
Jun 3, 2017 6:35 AM

Mar 2014
The Final Fantasy OAV (see profile pic). Like I know it's no masterpiece, but it's a great fun time and really tugs at my nostalgia. To me it's one of the better examples of what anime is (or maybe, was) all about, flaws and all.
Jun 3, 2017 9:02 AM

May 2017
Maybe it's because I'd followed the manga from its early days, but the hate Mirai Nikki eventually came to pick up just feels more like a forced meme than anything real to me. It's very bizarre to me.

The same goes for how much people have come to hate the character Haruhi Suzumiya. It's so odd.
Jun 3, 2017 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
Justiguy said:
Maybe it's because I'd followed the manga from its early days, but the hate Mirai Nikki eventually came to pick up just feels more like a forced meme than anything real to me. It's very bizarre to me.

The same goes for how much people have come to hate the character Haruhi Suzumiya. It's so odd.

I wouldn't call Mirai Nikki disliked, but controversial/polarising.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there any hentai manga/anime with great plot ? I mean the story is better than the sex scenes.

GoodBoy0069 - 39 minutes ago

5 by kizumi91 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do You Consider Yourself a Generous or a Harsh Scorer?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 28

43 by Yonahim_Zz »»
9 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre?

decco6226 - 7 hours ago

18 by Multilynx »»
18 minutes ago

» Can background characters be best girls?

Catalano - 5 hours ago

11 by Ahiru89 »»
22 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - May 1

98 by Nerdcatlady »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.