Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 17, 2016 5:35 AM

Mar 2012
Great episode for Daichi; did a good job highlighting how important it is to have a steady base within a team loaded with unpredictable and explosive talent.

Johzenji failing the synchronized attack on set point was priceless. XD

Now to wrap up this match next episode in exciting fashion.
Jan 17, 2016 5:57 AM

Sep 2014
This was some quality stuff. Mah Haikyuu is so much better when it's full-on sports greatness. <3
Jan 17, 2016 6:16 AM

Apr 2013
Fantastic episode, felt like it went by so quickly as usual D: Can't wait for the next episode!!! I love Johzenji's vibe and enthusiasm and their freestyle is nice to watch~ dAT Tanaka and Nishinoya, Haikyuu is hilarious as usual as well!
Jan 17, 2016 7:31 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome as always. I really like the snippets during half-time^^ Oikawa last week was so cute and Nishinoya being applauded by Azumane was pretty cute too. And Johzenji is a pretty fun team. Although it's another one of those names it'll take an eternity to remember.
Jan 17, 2016 8:15 AM

Aug 2014
Tamaka and Noya at the end lmao XD Pretty fun episode overall. Things are getting intense now!
Jan 17, 2016 10:03 AM

Aug 2014
Daichi getting his moment was pretty cool to see, Kageyama nosebleed was just as priceless as it was in the manga and last but definitely not last are Tanaka and Nishinoya's ''spank'' moment, just amazing
Jan 17, 2016 10:08 AM

Dec 2014
Get spanked into discipline. This match is actually pretty exciting; looking forward to next week's episode for some more fun.
I need sleep.
Jan 17, 2016 10:13 AM

Dec 2012
Injiru-chan said:
PS I love how Futakuchi looks so fab here:

He always looks fab,it should be illegal to be this hot
Jan 17, 2016 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah Daichi is awesome as well.
And Aone speaking was unexpected.
Jan 17, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2015
Quite a boring episode.. I hope the next one is more competitive one tho.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 17, 2016 7:24 PM

Jul 2014
I can't get over how cute Yachi is every week, my heart melted when she joined in the pregame chant, great moments from Daichi this ep too. Johzenji is my favorite team now, they were so much fun to watch, hopefully they don't go all fundamental next week.
Jan 17, 2016 10:41 PM

Nov 2014
Party team XD
Very enjoyable.
Jan 18, 2016 1:22 AM

Jun 2013
that was intense Johzenji are a really good team
Jan 18, 2016 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
I'm still getting used to the new Opening Song. I liked the previous one way better.

Found the episode enjoyable as always. Missed the good soundtracks though ;_;
Jan 18, 2016 5:07 PM

Sep 2014
Of course the team that is getting......spanked.... will have a magical pep talk and rebound to be another formidable match. UGH. Damn overused cliches.
Jan 18, 2016 5:16 PM
Feb 2014
Really enjoyed this episode. The energy of the other team was refreshing. I loved their unpredictability. It was pretty badass when Hinata went all Spider man of the wall. They are really adding in some kool poop this season if they keep those moves up. Also a lot of funny thing happened. The Spank part was really funny.
Dokia
Jan 18, 2016 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
Woah, 5 min episode. I was so surprised and sad when the ending popped up. It is a great ending though haha.

And I might be in love with Johzenji's manager :p
Jan 18, 2016 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome episode, both styles of playing look incredibly fun and I’m so glad to see the results of their training. Nishinoya and Tanaka always manage to make it even more fun lol.
Jan 19, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
Johzenji are very likeable
Jan 19, 2016 12:36 PM

Dec 2012
The manager Johzenji has is pretty cute lol
Jan 20, 2016 7:21 PM

May 2015
This match was too slow and boring. I like the "serious" type matches. Johzenji didn't delivery that in this episode.
Johzenji.. finally gets serious in the next episode. I can't wait!
Jan 21, 2016 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Funny episode more than exciting, the clash between the "Crows" and "Team of revelers" is interesting, but less exciting than I thought, however, the story has some good ideas to bring out the growth of the collective and to reflect on how improved the team and the characters from the beginning of the series. Drawings and animations retain a good quality overall, the comic parts are not bad.
Feb 13, 2016 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
Getting Kiyoko to say spank was funny
Apr 14, 2016 11:36 PM

Mar 2014
KA KATE KOI !! KARASUNO VS. JOHZENJI , "The Party Team." !!
"Skilled and Unpredictable." Definitely ~ !! The Strength to Enjoy ~ .
Subs out ~ !! Aone just spoke ~ . All alone is not right , everyone is correct .
To have a solid foundation is to have a solidified banner ~ .
VERY GREAT EPISODE ~ !!! The second round began ~ !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2016 12:41 AM

Mar 2012
Johzenji is such a joke. There's a difference between playing for fun and just playing like dumbasses...
May 13, 2016 8:33 AM

Feb 2016
this team actually resembles karasuno quite a bit when they where beginners. as they didn't know what they were doing either in the past.
Dec 16, 2016 5:22 PM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
It's nice to see Tsukki he should take off those glasses off more often

CONFIRMED GAY STOP TRYNA HIDE IT

Injiru-chan said:

PS I love how Futakuchi looks so fab here:

almost all the boys here are photogenic (kage, oikawa, tsukki, etc) tbh.

Memor said:
How in the hell did Johzenji get to semis? They're a complete joke, heck they give more points through pissing about than they actually score.

that's exactly why they are there. it's that "new generation" vibe they give that brings the team together. and that spirit also exactly why they made it to the semifinals and don't get any further than that. karasuno, date, seijoh etc are serious and fight for blood. zenji doesn't take the game for a joke, but they play around far too much. which is why they will never make it to the finals (let alone win) with that kind of attitude. their recklessness is equally their strength as well as weakness and you can never win like that.
------------
.......i still don't get the ED. oh well.

argh when the other team lost that while ago i thought i'd never feel that way again. but then there's the zenji team. before the next ep ends i'll say it already - gg team.

oh and the speech of that girl was retarded 100%. "Stop having fun and get mad you're losing!" i guess you've never heard of "It's how you play the game?" stop killing their vibe, jeez -_-
TomDayDec 16, 2016 5:28 PM
Feb 7, 2017 9:38 PM

Dec 2016
Johzenji messing up the synchronized attack XD
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 9, 2017 3:36 AM

Aug 2016
I would love to get spanked <3

Set by SenpieX
Apr 28, 2017 10:56 PM

Apr 2015
Tsukishima should remove his glasses more often. Plus Kageyama's nose bleed tho lolol. Mini spiderman is awesome. I already love Johzenji, they're too funny. The spanking part with the managers was hilarious.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 17, 2017 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
Tanuka and Nishinoya are hilarious, as always.

Loved Daichi building the team up.
May 19, 2017 1:21 AM

Jan 2013
Johzenji is such a nice and energetic team.

slackvariable said:
I really like the Karasuno team (obviously - we're 1.5 seasons in at this point), but if I had to pick a team to play for I would totally pick Johzenji

I know right? They're outstanding. who knows maybe my new fav
Terushima is awesome. ;-;

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 19, 2017 1:23 AM

Jan 2013
Avenger-senpai said:
Johzenji is such a joke. There's a difference between playing for fun and just playing like dumbasses...

Memor said:
How in the hell did Johzenji get to semis? They're a complete joke.
The next opponents better have more gusto than these idiots.

Why are you so serious? Your lives must be very upset then. ;-;
They know how to play, they're so into it and they know how to have fun even in the middle of some stressful situations. Is it wrong? No.
The atmosphere in their team is amazing.
thatPinkSpiderMay 19, 2017 1:28 AM

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 19, 2017 1:42 AM

Jul 2014
thatPinkSpider said:
Johzenji is such a nice and energetic team.

slackvariable said:
I really like the Karasuno team (obviously - we're 1.5 seasons in at this point), but if I had to pick a team to play for I would totally pick Johzenji

I know right? They're outstanding. who knows maybe my new fav
Terushima is awesome. ;-;

Wow, it's been over a year since I watched this episode, and just thinking about Jozhenji still made me smile. Thanks for reminding me
May 19, 2017 10:15 AM

Mar 2012
thatPinkSpider said:
Avenger-senpai said:

Memor said:
How in the hell did Johzenji get to semis? They're a complete joke.
The next opponents better have more gusto than these idiots.

Why are you so serious? Your lives must be very upset then. ;-;
They know how to play, they're so into it and they know how to have fun even in the middle of some stressful situations. Is it wrong? No.
The atmosphere in their team is amazing.
It's been a year since I watched this so I don't remember how it went but I find it amusing that you assume people who disliked this team have shit lives lol. My quote indicates that they were playing like idiots and not just for fun so I'm guessing this was a bullshit team that just made it that far because this is an anime.
Aug 9, 2017 3:23 PM

May 2014
Those beautiful sports specs tho *o*

Anyway, in terms of pure enjoyment, I'd put Johzenji right up there next to Seijoh...just because they're so all over the place.
They're the wing it team that just works on instinct.
Sure, that works to an extent, but the higher the level of competition, the more likely it is that they'll lose.
So Daichi might seem like the boring, textbook player to Terushima, but Karasuno need a grounding force like him to pick up the slack. If we just had wild guys like Hinata, Tanaka & Noya blazing the court and Tsukki & Kageyama bitching at each other in the background, they'd be losing nearly every match they played XD

Now I'm reminded that Daichi is actually gonna be leaving soon too. Dammit. What the hell are they gonna do?!

Love Terushima.
Terrible Captain though...you need an element of unpredictability and a game plan as well.
Hopefully, losing against Karasuno will make him change tactics a little!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2018 7:28 PM
Nov 2017
On episode 15, around 07:30, I am just sitting here wondering how Tadashi Yamaguchi knows what the coach said when he is a first year and Coach Ikkei Ukai was there for a while the year before he went to the school. How does he know what Coach Ukai said when he was in his last year of middle school?
Personally, I think that it would of made more sense to have Chikara Ennoshita say the part instead.
Oct 17, 2018 7:05 PM

Jun 2016
This team is really entertaining. They're so wild and they're all about having fun. They're unrefined but that doesn't matter, they're crazy and unpredictable. I love how Terushima fan boys over the good plays that occur on the other team. This team represents playing for fun which comes with it's downsides as addressed by their very set. It actually got me surprisingly emotional. The way Terushima called Daichi boring before seeing his own captain in him was powerful.

It's very true that "to fully enjoy a match you need strength". I would know from how much I find myself not having fun sometimes...

This set is awesome for its focus on Daichi! I never really saw him as something special outside of a great mentor who kept everyone in check, but he really is an honest, simple, strong, and wise player. He may not be flashy but he knows what has to be done and he does it beautifully in and outside of the game. I'm a big Daichi fan now and I can't wait to see more of him.

We had another excellent Kageyama being a dweeb moment.
The fact he would be like a child and deny the obvious to keep playing is adorable.

Other things I loved was Aone defended Hinata. He has a lot of respect for him and it's really freaking sweet.
Hinata being spider man contrasting all those times he toppled head first into walls!
Tsukki's new glasses from his bro.

I think Terushima's team is going to get a hard lesson on the simplicity and fortitude that their team once stood on, I mean, they're getting a hands on lesson from Daichi after all. The problem of playing for fun over all else is if you don't enjoy dealing with something like the freak quick it's likely that you'll just avoid it until you lose. It can also make hilarious plays like their missed synchronized attack occur. In "the inner game of tennis" I recall the author referring as this kind of play as playing to lose. Someone who plays with only fun in mind will avoid doing the hard parts of improving and will often throw away their chances under the name of trying new and fun whimsical attacks. But, like Bokuto said, sometimes toughing through and improving can get you to a point of happiness in your play.
Jan 6, 2020 11:35 AM

Dec 2014
lol they are crazy over their manager
Jan 8, 2020 9:10 PM
Jul 2019
naw I love terushima's and the rest of johzenji's energy
Feb 7, 2020 8:07 PM

Jul 2013
In an alternate universe where I'm into sports in real life, I'd play like Johzenji especially if it's just a school club. Just fucking have fun
Jun 12, 2020 1:31 PM

May 2018
lol how tf did Johzenji manage to even get to this stage xD
Aug 20, 2020 7:06 PM

Jun 2020
johzenji team is gold WILD AND CAREFUL ♡♡♡♡ terushima is so hot

this episode had such great moments!! lmaoooooooo @ spiderman!hinata & daichi proving himself to terushima LOVED THAT

i wish noya had more screen time ☹ he’s basically reduced to comedic fodder at this point......

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 24, 2020 6:27 AM

Feb 2019
These guys are nowhere near as good as some of the other teams Karasuno have faced.

It's the first game for them where they don't have to fight too hard and can just show off :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Oct 2, 2020 11:16 PM

May 2019
Hinata: 'Did I just hear them talking about asses?'
Oct 9, 2020 1:48 PM
Oct 2020
The Animation was really bad or am I the only person who thinks that? Absolutely bad!
Dec 18, 2020 5:03 PM

May 2018
Great to see this new team play with such a unique style. I hope they appear again, which they most likely will.

I love that guys tongue piercing so much. I'm getting my tongue pierced myself soon and seeing his just makes me so much more hyped for it, it looks so cool
Jan 4, 2021 8:01 AM

Aug 2020
I did not even realise Karasuno's #7 and #8 existed; they barely get any screentime.
Feb 16, 2021 8:03 AM

Mar 2019
I have to say that girl is cute. This was pretty fun, looking forward to the 2nd part of this match.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 16, 2021 11:36 AM

Aug 2017
This new team look a bunch of clowns lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

252 by egeD19 »»
Apr 4, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

110 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.