Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 29, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm, so they just went all out with this episode by mixing all sorts of gimmicks into it...

I mean, idols, science, otaku content, etc.
Idk, I think the show just decided to let loose everything it had saved up into this finale.

The show overall was pretty dumb in general imo. Will likely forget it very soon.
Mar 29, 2017 7:51 AM

Dec 2014
I thought it was pretty dumb too but a fun kind of dumb, episodes 3-10 were probably the best when it's just tackling a certain topic and making fun of it self contained in a single episode, whenever it tries to do "plot" then you really see the cracks everywhere, overall though I had a good time watching, the Street Fighter and Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes were my favorites

6.5/10 for me
Mar 29, 2017 8:17 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That is one hot grandmother =o

This series was the honestly the best kind of stupid and I loved every bit of it because it somehow managed to be fun with almost every episode

I can imagine something like this happening if the anime/manga/novel industry got hit like this but when the loli said that she made the deux ex machina device I couldn't stop laughing lol

Overall it was a nice ending and I kinda want to see what this Akiba Empire is all about in the future xD

7/10 for me, definitely my guilty pleasure of the season
Mar 29, 2017 8:26 AM

Jan 2015
So now it's all revealed. Mayo's grandma, Mayo's age, Hazoku's history in the early time of Akiba.And they settling the conflict, with the help of Akiba's way. LOL
And how did Pyuko got into the Idol show after exploding not so long before?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 29, 2017 8:32 AM

Aug 2016
this anime was hilarious! 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 29, 2017 8:55 AM

Jun 2015
Decent finale for this show. The final battle was cool. There were so many references throughout this series. Some I know, some I didn't. It's a dumb show overall.
Mar 29, 2017 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
Terminal shit taste runs rampant on this site, like always.I guess if nobody tells you it's good you won't realize it. (It's good), This series had a pretty likeable MC in Tamotsu and a concept that allowed the studio to have as much fun as possible. Sadly, the main conflict in the anime is something that may actually come to pass in real life, even sadder Mayo won't be there.

Also I can't imagine anyone watching this for the "ecchi" content, don't even think the word fits when you look at the anime as a whole.
syncrogazerMar 29, 2017 9:43 AM
Mar 29, 2017 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
Decent for parody but still enjoyable
Into the Internet!
Mar 29, 2017 9:53 AM

Jun 2014
They really should have stuck to the story from the game!

Overall it was decent and funny at times. Overall 7/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 29, 2017 10:09 AM
Mar 2017
Still thinking about that silly ending (which actually fits with this ridiculously stupid-but-entertaining series), could that possibly be a green light for a season 2? Even though it's right next to impossibility lol

Anyways, gonna miss this one. The references are pretty funny if you actually get what it is referring to. Quite a cringefest, especially with that Ultraman-vibed fight to close the series. But meh, it's not an anime where you get to use your mind to think of plots and stuffs.

a 7.5/10 from me, I guess. One of the funniest ecchi-comedy anime in the past couple of years or so. Highly recommended when you don't have something to watch & looking for something to kill time with.
Mar 29, 2017 10:11 AM
Sep 2012
All right a parody of so many final episodes loved it, just me or die the villain finally form remind of Queen Beryl and Queen Metallia fusion in the 90's anime of Sailor Moon. Also I guess the villain in Kill la Kill. Off topic who else often gets Akame la Kill and Kill la Kill mixed up in their heads.

Am I the only one who wanted them to say at the end "it's your kids, something has to be done about your kids.", I hope the dubs add that, that would be hilarious.
Mar 29, 2017 10:15 AM
Jan 2017
Should have adapted the game instead/10
Mar 29, 2017 10:35 AM

May 2014
Hahha I really enjoyed this hilarious anime the parody here and there was entertaining Love all the ED songs as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2017 10:39 AM
Jan 2015
Personally I don't see why the anime is getting a lot of hate, calling it stupid and stuff or a pain to watch. Every episode was unique with plenty of references which made it enjoyable to watch unlike a lot of other comedy animes this season such as konosuba which basically used the same couple of overused jokes or maid dragon and gabriel dropout whose episodes were flat out generic and boring half the time but somehow their ratings are a lot better I get the concept of stripping people may be a turn off for some but it wasn't like it was even really ecchi and the "fan service" basically doesn't exist when compare this show to other ecchi titles.

Anyway my opinion story was decent, I loved the art style as well as the attention to detail,the music was great, characters were all fun and unique, it was funny at times and honestly this is the anime I probably enjoyed this anime the most this season. 8/10
Mar 29, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
This was the Keijo of the season, where you can just turn off your brain for 20 minutes a week and enjoy the dumb entertainment. Didn't really care much for this show as it was mostly forgettable, probably the only episode I really enjoyed was the Yu Gi Oh parody episode. Other than that, in addition to some fourth wall breaks (like "it's the ultimate deus ex machina tool"), it was nothing special, 4/10.
thebrentinator24Mar 29, 2017 10:45 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Mar 29, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
That was a fantastic finale, great show. I can't understand why so many people disliked it.
Mar 29, 2017 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
That was really funny anime throughout glad they sticked to what they planned on doing, Show how great Akiba is throughout the anime and make you like it and then when Akiba is in trouble we must protect Akiba cause we don't want Akiba to disappear, since Akiba is life.
Parodic parts throughout the anime were quite great too.
I'm really sad that people didn't realize how good the anime is :(
Really glad that we got a confirmation on the ship ^^ THEY BOTH wanted to kiss each other at the end ^^ PERFECT, even if they got interrupted, it's the thought that counts. Mayo+Tamotsu for the win.

But probably the best thing is that Kage-san is our new Minister boys, glad for all you Kage-san fans out there, he did it!
Mar 29, 2017 11:39 AM

Aug 2016
Wow they really packed all of the story here in the last few episodes just when I thought it was going to be just pretty filler-y through the whole thing but to be honest, I liked this ending! Yes this show was kinda stupid but still fun and tbh I can't think of a better ending for this anime.
I had fun with the characters and Akiba's trip as a whole
7/10

(Highlight of the ep was Kage for Minister and Tamotsu X Mayo yess)
ShiemihazaMar 29, 2017 11:48 AM
Mar 29, 2017 12:13 PM

Dec 2013
Nekid Grandma had better curves than anyone else in the entire show.
And seriously, what the hell did Tomotsu and Mayo do to screw up 100 years in the future? Must be related to their grandkids or something...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 29, 2017 12:50 PM

Sep 2016
Deus Ex Machina spirit bomb (more epic than stupid Trunks spirit sword for sure) + minister Kage-san LMAO
classic sudden new enemy appear!! after peaceful moment, i remember this in tokyo mew mew and ygo zexal lol

one of the most entertaining anime this season

8/10

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
AlfyanMar 29, 2017 5:11 PM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 29, 2017 12:57 PM

Aug 2016
Lacked in a lot but still fun, very charming and enjoyable - 5/10
Mar 29, 2017 1:51 PM

Apr 2011
Seeing many negative opinions, I guess I enjoeyed it as much as I did because this was so much a love letter to Akiba and everything it stands for.
As somebody who has been there quite often in real life and loves the place all of this has much more impact I guess.

Some episodes were a bit boring to me but I love how well they executed the finale, I love how all their love came together to rescue Akiba.
And even a nice couple in the end.
So with 7,5 with the unexpectedly great ending I am giving it a 8/10 here. :-)
Mar 29, 2017 2:54 PM

Sep 2013
That ttgl and support spirit bomb energy gathering xD
Akiba the city of dreams and good kind of greed.
Lowkey social commentary on how the nukes and westerns ruined everything but otaku and idols saved akiba :)

Fck it, 10/10 fun is fun.
Season 2 tease, please be true :'(

ichii_1Mar 29, 2017 3:08 PM
Mar 29, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2011
AshenChivalier said:
Should have adapted the game instead/10

If you're talking akiba's trip 2, hell no.
Mar 29, 2017 4:00 PM

Sep 2014
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!! Oh, wrong show.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Lots of good laughs. And grandma's got it going on (that was one of the weirdest things I've typed in a while)

The only issue I had was that I was hoping they'ed do the intro at the end. That's one of the catchiest songs that I've heard in a while. And the speed at which the spit the lines out when the chorus hits is insane. So many syllables. But the actual music video that the group put out for that song is funnier.

I mean, come on. Catchy as hell.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AlfyanMar 29, 2017 5:13 PM
Mar 29, 2017 4:05 PM
Jun 2011
For those wondering, they actually used this song.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
AlfyanMar 29, 2017 5:14 PM
Mar 29, 2017 4:11 PM
Feb 2017
The Finale was Very Epic!!!!

1: Oh, I can see the Famicom Controller on the wall :O
2: Found the 2 Doors. The first door is trap and the other not?
3: I Remember in the Episode 6. And now this episode Pyuko Return to the earth!!! ^o^
4: Was very dramatic talking about my grandmother :( 7
5: The Final Scene. but This earth is affected after 100 Years ? "Akiba In the Future"
Working on the future things.

Mar 29, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2014
SOB. They even dance!!!!

Mar 29, 2017 4:28 PM

Mar 2008
Criminally underrated show. Somewhere between 8 and 9 for me. Lots of fun, lots of otaku stuff, and I just love Akiba in general. Mayo and Tamotsu relationship was good as well.
Mar 29, 2017 5:12 PM

May 2015
Glad that it's over, really. It didn't do it for me in the end.

4/10.

Mar 29, 2017 6:27 PM

Apr 2014
Funny show, a lot of the parodies were spot on and hilarious. 7/10
Mar 29, 2017 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Never expected that i would actually enjoy and finish this anime xD
I hated the first episodes and i was just about to drop it when they delivered a great episode, so i decided to give it another chance. I don't regret that decision.
I enjoyed this anime a lot.

So Mayo's grandmother was "possessed", that's why she wanted to destroy Akiba. When you thought that she was dead that mad scientist appeared and captured her hahah
Basically they won thanks to weeaboos power xD

Mayo's sister is now part of the squad xD good :D
It was a nice run, absolutely loved the parodies.
7/10

Will miss them :3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 29, 2017 7:34 PM
Feb 2017
well it was quite a stupidly funny show (which seems to be a completely assumed by the creators btw, as some line like"hahaha! behold the power of the power supplying glowing sticks i created, it's the ultimate deus ex machina tool" tend to prove it ), the kind of shows were you trow your logical reasoning out of the window and just watch the fun unravel before your eyes for 20 minutes,

frankly it's for me one of the most underrated anime of this seasons just because some watchers immediately bashed it because "it's just another stupid ecchi anime about a guy stripping girls, it make no sense it's stupid" which is a shame really since what make this anime so great is those stupid reasoning and reactions of the characters like tamotsu going through a physical training from hell to be good at Street Fighter V or mayo playing the "normie" and saying out loud what most of those you were watching yugioh thought during a prody YGO duel between tamotsu and a bugged one parodying kaiba, the final combat was pretty good also i fangirled when pyuko saved tamotsu as it's was my favorite character of the show also the ending was a good representation of how much this anime is stupidly fun.

overall i enjoyed this anime quite a lot and i wouldn't mind a second season at all.

so it's a 7.5/10 for me.
Mar 29, 2017 8:50 PM

Jul 2014
Oh Akiba's Trip, I'm going to miss your randomness and stupidity :')

I loved wrestling, Street Fighter and Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes.

The Opening and Ending by Earphones were great, they even do the same choreography in the music videos xD
Mar 29, 2017 9:20 PM

Feb 2013
This show was a good kind of stupid. I enjoyed it very much.

7/10
Mar 29, 2017 9:54 PM
Aug 2014
I can't believe I stayed with this crap till the end!
the only redeeming quality is the parody and references. Enjoyable but nothing outstanding, just like Gintama.
Probably I should have watched demi-chan instead.
Mar 29, 2017 10:14 PM

Nov 2016
This show is ridiculous, yet so enjoyable. I'm about to drop it at episode 3-4, but the amount of references in this show kept me watching till this day. Might gonna forget this in a month, nevertheless this show is really enjoyable. Highly recommended it to those who wants a good laugh.
Mar 30, 2017 12:19 AM

Jun 2007
So apparently if you voice your opinion on an episode/series, you get your post deleted with no explanation because some fanboys have to cry about it. Okay.
I will just say it again.

Series was trash.
Not funny in the slightest.
Has to reference pop-culture to try and squeeze content into an episode and fails to make it entertaining.
End of.

2 outta 10.

Moi moi.
ROFLrossMar 30, 2017 12:23 AM
Mar 30, 2017 12:24 AM

Oct 2016
Episode by episode it grew on me and by the end it blew me away with sheer force of otaku passion. I need more Earphones in my life.
Mar 30, 2017 1:18 AM
Jul 2011
I didn't get this "moi" thing that Arisa kept repeating.
Is this supposed to be the french world for "me" (pronounced "moa" ) or mutated version of "moe" or onomatopoeia or reference to some anime charcter?
Maybe just inexplicable random thing like "Tutturuu"?
Mar 30, 2017 4:21 AM

Oct 2015
I disliked it at first but it got better and better each episode, it might not have been memorable nor did it have a meaningful story but it sure was lots of fun watching Akiba's Trip and waiting for the featured artist doing the ED song each episode.

5/10
Mar 30, 2017 7:00 AM

Aug 2016
This series was not enjoyable for me

Set by SenpieX
Mar 30, 2017 7:20 AM

May 2012
I personally enjoyed this anime more than KonoSuba 2nd season. KonoSuba 2 used the same recycled comedy from 1st season and has worse fights.

I hope it get another season in the future.

hithummah said:

Probably I should have watched demi-chan instead.

Demi-Chan was so boring. The only thing good about it is that the blond girl had cute personality
Mar 30, 2017 10:00 AM

May 2013
This anime is too advance for the newbie fans and edgelords. It was a parody & reference to Otaku culture in Akiba and that's it. It's even better than the game on how they catered so much content but it has it's downsides. There is so much to be referenced, so little time and episodes. The ending was kind of rushed. There was so much going on that you even forget their was ecchi unless you're just a bitchy nitpicker hater of ecchi anime.
People overhating on this are just simply anime noobs.
I just hope they'd manage a season 2 which is impossible and it's clear that the creators wanted to end this show right away judging from this episode. They basically just threw in every ending cliché to finish it 'cause it didn't generate them enough income. It wasn't a bad ending despite how rushed it was and it actually felt fitting.

It has one of the best opening songs this season and I love the wide variety of ending songs. Overall I give it a 7.4/10
It was definitely a fun show but somehow became one of the underappreciated gems this season and most hated show of the season because of noobs.
DarkwindJRMar 30, 2017 10:09 AM
Mar 30, 2017 10:28 AM

Mar 2017
Mascera said:
And how did Pyuko got into the Idol show after exploding not so long before?

I surprised too when I saw Pyuko in the idol show, she got there in not even 30 secs after the explosion xD

This show wasn't that good but it wasn't bad, it's still enjoyable for me. I'm glad I didn't drop it and give this show a go, I was gonna drop it around episode 4 or so.
This show is stupid but it works, I love how stupid this show can be.
One problem with the ending is why did future Arisa and Niwaka appeared just in the time they were gonna kiss ;_;

But overall it was a nice ending and I kinda want to see what this Akiba Empire is all about in the future.
Gonna miss Mayo and friends with their stupidness, 7/10 for me.
Mar 30, 2017 10:28 AM

Dec 2016
Tamotsu's drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!!!

Well I really liked this show it was so fun. It was really awesome how it didnt take anything seriously and just made fun of everything. Kage-san gets minister!! Yes I knew he was awesome from the start!! And Tamotsu gets his 78 year old girlfriend hooray!

7/10 for me it was a really cute show
Mar 30, 2017 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
some part didnt funny at all, but most part are funny as hell

7/10 for me. hoping for adaptation for their future adventure..
Mar 30, 2017 1:21 PM

Sep 2015
two good/ok episodes but the rest was pretty bad. 4/10

btw did they really make a japanese version of "Ode to Joy"?

Mar 30, 2017 1:38 PM
Feb 2017
do any of you know the seiyus for "ototoi friday"?
The two girls who were the guards of mayo's grandmother
Mar 30, 2017 10:40 PM

Mar 2009
That is one fine GMILF.

Very happy that Pyuko survived. That was a pleasant surprise.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does the anime follow the story of the games?

ShadowMonkey - Feb 12, 2017

3 by mechian »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:10 PM

Poll: » Akiba's Trip The Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

47 by Nicolauson »»
Nov 3, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Akiba's Trip The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

38 by Nicolauson »»
Nov 3, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akiba's Trip The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

84 by IIMoos »»
Apr 17, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Akiba's Trip The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

72 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Jan 28, 2023 6:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.