Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Mahoutsukai no Yome' Receives TV Anime for Fall 2017

New
Mar 9, 2017 3:22 PM

Nov 2011
A flyer on the seventh volume of Mahoutsukai no Yome manga has revealed on Friday that the series will receive a TV anime to premiere in Fall 2017. An official website has opened and announced that the series will run for two cours, and will be released in four Blu-ray volumes between November 2017 and July 2018. Staff and cast members will be reprising their roles.

Mahoutsukai no Yome is drawn by Kore Yamazaki, and began publishing in Comic Blade in November 2013 before transferring to Comic Garden in September 2014. The manga placed second in the 2015 Kono Manga ga Sugoi! (This Manga is Amazing!) rankings among male readers and 16th in the 2016 rankings. It was also nominated in the 8th Manga Taisho awards. The series has inspired a three-episode prequel OVA that premiered between September 2016 and September 2017.

PV

Official site: http://mahoyome.jp/

Source: Comic Natalie

Mahoutsukai no Yome on MAL
tsubasaloverMar 10, 2017 1:38 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2017 3:25 PM

Dec 2015
Nice nice nice, I'll be looking forward to this.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 9, 2017 3:25 PM

Sep 2009
So taken place after the oval?
Mar 9, 2017 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
WOOT WOOT! Can't wait!
Mar 9, 2017 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
Can't wait for this. I assume maybe Wit Studio might be producing this again but I still have high expectations for the adaptation. Fall should be fun.
Mar 9, 2017 3:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sounds decent enough
Mar 9, 2017 3:29 PM

Oct 2013
This is a decent slice of life manga series with magical themes in it. So this is the project that Wit studio will be working on after snk season 2.
Mar 9, 2017 3:43 PM
Jun 2016
Really like the ova and the manga,expecting for this!!!
Mar 9, 2017 3:45 PM
Aug 2016
This is going to be the romance of the year for me :D
Mar 9, 2017 3:48 PM

Jul 2013
Saw the flyer yesterday, glad it's been confirmed to be true after all. Should be a real treat if it's WIT Studio and the same staff as the OVAs again.

Mar 9, 2017 3:49 PM

Jul 2016
That's awesome. Definitely the romance i'm looking forward to the most this fall
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Mar 9, 2017 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
I just want a normal love story T_T
Good for the fans
Mar 9, 2017 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Saw this news yesterday but yeah, I'm pretty much happy that it's getting a TV series. I was tempting to read the manga sometime but I'll read it anyways. xD

komic said:
So taken place after the oval?

The OVA is basically a prequel, so yeah it takes after the OVA.
Mar 9, 2017 4:01 PM

Apr 2015
That's some good news !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2017 4:11 PM

Apr 2015
I'm super happy about it. I've been thirsty for the OVA (which are taking forever - thank you very much) but it looks decent. I really enjoy the scenery/style and can't wait to watch it.

Watching anime & part-time bored on the side.
Mar 9, 2017 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
Man this fall should be super awesome, FMP IV alone already liven my heart and now this! WoW! Now all left to wonder with Bones' anime's news on this fall! Cool, Cool, can't wait for this fall!

What make me really eager to watch is this shounen+romance+slice of life, which is really rare combination gem for me!
removed-userMar 9, 2017 4:23 PM
Mar 9, 2017 4:33 PM

Jun 2008
Glad to hear it ^^ Looking forward to it!
Mar 9, 2017 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
That's an interesting synopsis. Looks like I have something in the Fall to look forward to.
Mar 9, 2017 4:49 PM

Apr 2014
Lmao if WIT studio is still going to animate it then rip in pepperonis.
Mar 9, 2017 5:05 PM

Dec 2015
Official site : http://mahoyome.jp/
Staff, cast added.

In addition it is going to be 2 cour (24 episodes) and will start broadcasting from October 2017.
Baka_DebakarMar 9, 2017 5:43 PM
Mar 9, 2017 5:07 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Looks like this is going to be one of the few anime that i'll actually watch in Fall.

Z4k said:
Why ? was the OVA bad or something ?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 9, 2017 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
DatRandomDude said:
Looks like this is going to be one of the few anime that i'll actually watch in Fall.

Z4k said:

No, because their schedule is pretty fucked up apparently xD They have fucking Attack on Titan S2 in their lineup and I think another one?
Mar 9, 2017 5:42 PM

Apr 2014
DatRandomDude said:

Z4k said:

WIT isn't really a big studio and they are known for having bad production issues. They started with the key animation for the second episode of AOT S2, which is very likely to be 2 cour, in January and they're already outsourcing some episodes. The PV for S2 shown was pre-animated and let's not forget there's a second season of Kabaneri airing next year. Pretty much means this will be heavily outsourced if WIT is still animating it.
Z4KMar 9, 2017 5:46 PM
Mar 9, 2017 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
DatRandomDude said:

WIT isn't really a big studio and they are known for having bad production issues. They started with the key animation for the second episode of AOT S2, which is very likely to be 2 cour, in January and they're already outsourcing some episodes. The PV for S2 shown was pre-animated and let's not forget there's a second season of Kabaneri airing next year.

I think 12 episode would have been better, but this series isn't a action based series, so I don't think it is that big of a problem. If anything, Kabaneri would be the one most affected by it, since it is a action based series. Still, I think you are over exaggerating a bit.

Plus wit studio is doing a better time management this time around for snk, compare to the 1st season.
Mar 9, 2017 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
Baka_Debakar said:
Staff, cast added.

In addition it is going to be 2 cour (24 episodes) and will start broadcasting from October 2017.
Where is it confirmed 24 episodes? Screenshot, because I don't read Kanji
Sup...
Mar 9, 2017 5:54 PM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
Z4k said:

WIT isn't really a big studio and they are known for having bad production issues. They started with the key animation for the second episode of AOT S2, which is very likely to be 2 cour, in January and they're already outsourcing some episodes. The PV for S2 shown was pre-animated and let's not forget there's a second season of Kabaneri airing next year.

I think 12 episode would have been better, but this series isn't a action based series, so I don't think it is that big of a problem. If anything, Kabaneri would be the one most affected by it, since it is a action based series. Still, I think you are over exaggerating a bit.

Plus wit studio is doing a better time management this time around for snk, compare to the 1st season.
I heard Magnus Bride is going to be 24 episodes also...so idk what will happen if it's Wit
Sup...
Mar 9, 2017 5:56 PM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
Z4k said:

I'm not over exaggerating. AOT S2 is sufferring from the exact same production issues as S1 but to a lesser degree and if it wasn't the case with season 2 then they wouldn't have used CGI for the colossal titan or heck made a pre-animated PV in the first place. This is one of the reason why one of AOT season 1's action animation director who did a lot of the heavy lifting for the show is no longer part of the staff and instead working on Konosuba S2 now.
Mar 9, 2017 6:05 PM

Aug 2015
Yes!!!! I'll definitely watch this!

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Mar 9, 2017 6:11 PM

Dec 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Baka_Debakar said:
Staff, cast added.

Link to pKjd's tweet : https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/840013404274225152) (English translated)

Or http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-09/the-ancient-magus-bride-tv-anime-cast-staff-streaming-visual-revealed/.113236

It will be available on Crunchyroll : https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/840019613932953600
Mar 9, 2017 6:12 PM

Feb 2016
I really enjoy the Manga and the OVA is nice so far, but I'm not sure if starting with a two cours show is a good thing. Well let's see how it will turn out.
Mar 9, 2017 6:17 PM

Jul 2015
Baka_Debakar said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Link to pKjd's tweet : https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/840013404274225152) (English translated)

Or http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-09/the-ancient-magus-bride-tv-anime-cast-staff-streaming-visual-revealed/.113236

It will be available on Crunchyroll : https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/840019613932953600
Thanks, idk how it will be 24 if it's WIT lol
Sup...
Mar 9, 2017 6:20 PM

Jul 2015
cure_potato said:
I really enjoy the Manga and the OVA is nice so far, but I'm not sure if starting with a two cours show is a good thing. Well let's see how it will turn out.
IDK how Wit will handle it though
Sup...
Mar 9, 2017 6:24 PM
Jul 2016
Some people are saying something meaningless. What was seen in SNK's pv does not mean that the whole series will be falling apart. It's not because they used CG in the colossal that it means that the series is ruined. Kabaneri's second season will be released there in the middle of 2018 [I speculate], so probably for having had 12 episodes in the first season may in the second be quietly produced.

If SNK second season goes well, probably Wit Studio can count on even Production I.G for this series that is great in the sense of popularity.
Mar 9, 2017 6:56 PM

May 2016
*reads the great news*

finally!

Now, Titania, shall we bet? If those two would get along.
Rather than that, it would be better to bet on how many are made.
魔法使いの嫁 set designed by SenpieX

Mar 9, 2017 7:02 PM
Jul 2014
OH SHIT!! I checked my notification and got this news. I'm so glad it's going to be an actual series, at first I though it was going to be the second OVA that's supposed to be coming out soon, but then I saw (TV) in the name. I watched the first OVA, and have read some of the manga. So I will look forward to the anime when it comes out.
Mar 9, 2017 7:06 PM

Jul 2015
ronie91 said:
Some people are saying something meaningless. What was seen in SNK's pv does not mean that the whole series will be falling apart. It's not because they used CG in the colossal that it means that the series is ruined. Kabaneri's second season will be released there in the middle of 2018 [I speculate], so probably for having had 12 episodes in the first season may in the second be quietly produced.

If SNK second season goes well, probably Wit Studio can count on even Production I.G for this series that is great in the sense of popularity.
I'm just worried that WIT studio will have no breaks till like Summer 2018 lol, especially if Kaberni is Spring 2018(most likely)
Sup...
Mar 9, 2017 7:08 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Holy shit, I'm so hyped, like I'm crying right now. I've been holding of a bit on the manga because of how slow the chapters come out but I really love the series from what I've read. I'm so glad it's finally getting a full anime adaptation.

I hope Wit does an amazing job on this. Can't wait!!!
Mar 9, 2017 7:20 PM

Jun 2016
Tv series really? That's great... but i have to wait the OVA first...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2017 7:32 PM

Jan 2012
FINALLY! Wonderful news! XD
Mar 9, 2017 7:53 PM

Jul 2015
IF Attack on Titan 2 is 2 cours, and IF Kaberni is Spring 2018, then how can Wit Studio survive with no breaks till Summer 2018? Production hell and outsourcing is going to happen
Sup...
Mar 9, 2017 8:14 PM

Dec 2014
This is awesome news. :D
Mar 9, 2017 8:14 PM

Oct 2015
I was brimmed with joy & grinning like a madman after reading this, but then I saw this....

Z4k said:
keragamming said:

I'm not over exaggerating. AOT S2 is sufferring from the exact same production issues as S1 but to a lesser degree and if it wasn't the case with season 2 then they wouldn't have used CGI for the colossal titan or heck made a pre-animated PV in the first place. This is one of the reason why one of AOT season 1's action animation director who did a lot of the heavy lifting for the show is no longer part of the staff and instead working on Konosuba S2 now.

......sounds like a bad news ( '-') I'm truly happy mahoyome will get a series, but if it's going to be bad--ah, now I feel conflicted...
Mar 9, 2017 9:51 PM

Oct 2014
OMG! Thats such great news! Makes me wanna cry...
Mar 9, 2017 10:01 PM

Jul 2013
Wait why is everyone saying WIT studio has production issues? Most of their stuff looks fairly good even while airing. Well, either way super excited as it is one of the few Manga I like.
Mar 9, 2017 10:05 PM

Mar 2015
mixed feelings about this series... but enjoy it SOL side... well, just waiting...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 9, 2017 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
I'm happy for this but what's been said above is worrying. xD Let's see how it'll turn out.
Mar 9, 2017 10:14 PM

Jul 2014
Irrespective of what's been said above, I'm definitely excited for this, especially with it being 2-cour.
Mar 9, 2017 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
Calal-Chan said:
Wait why is everyone saying WIT studio has production issues? Most of their stuff looks fairly good even while airing. Well, either way super excited as it is one of the few Manga I like.

As some people said above, most of the worries comes from the fact that WIT has a problem when it comes to scheduling in terms of production, they go down either fast or halfway through, so they have to rely on outsource studios for help, as far as I am concerned. And considering that AoT S2 will probably be 2 cour and apparently Kabaneri is gonna air in the next spring season... it will cause some problems in that end, as far as I am seeing.
Mar 9, 2017 10:19 PM

Jul 2013
Symphyon said:
Calal-Chan said:

As some people said above, most of the worries comes from the fact that WIT has a problem when it comes to scheduling in terms of production, they go down either fast or halfway through, so they have to rely on outsource studios for help, as far as I am concerned. And considering that AoT S2 will probably be 2 cour and apparently Kabaneri is gonna air in the next spring season... it will cause some problems in that end, as far as I am seeing.

Well, I guess that makes sense, but outsourcing isn't always bad is it? And either way, I wish them good luck. I would love for this to be successful. As long as the problems are not too dire, I personally think it should be alright, but hey I could be wrong. Hope I am not, though.
Mar 9, 2017 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
Calal-Chan said:
Symphyon said:

Well, I guess that makes sense, but outsourcing isn't always bad is it? And either way, I wish them good luck. I would love for this to be successful. As long as the problems are not too dire, I personally think it should be alright, but hey I could be wrong. Hope I am not, though.

For me outsourcing isn't really a bad thing but it all depends on how these outsourced studios would handle the series. I think that's what worries people, which outsource studios will participate IF Wit decides to take this action and HOW they will handle this series, if it was the case.

I want them to be successful as well since I did liked the prequel OVA very much (I really want to read the manga but laziness strucks me so badly) but only time will tell with that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

6 by DrHizzle »»
48 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
7 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.