Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2017 8:48 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hahaha, there first was incest and now we get a childhood friend + yuri?
I'm so in but lord this will be one hell of a ride. I'm surprised she went straight for it at the end though but oh well. I would love to see the yuri route, but yeah I'll just dream of it.
TimeForkJan 21, 2017 7:11 PM
Jan 18, 2017 8:57 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
And the trainwreck of relationships hasn't even got up to full speed yet! However, let it be known:
Jan 18, 2017 11:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
WarrFork said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hahaha, there first was incest and now we get a childhood friend + yuri?
I'm so in but lord this will be one hell of a ride. I'm surprised she went straight for it at the end though but oh well. I would love to see the yuri route, but yeah I'll just dream of it.
There's no incest in this lol, can we please stop saying that
Jan 18, 2017 11:29 PM

Sep 2012
2nd episode isn't even out yet. It's not even 12:55 AM in Japan right now. Why make this thread already?
Jan 19, 2017 3:21 AM

Feb 2008
So Mugi had sex with his teacher when he was a kid? And while Mugi and Hana don't really care much about each other, it was still refreshing to see Hana choke that dumb loli bitch. More female heroines need to choke dumb bitches.

Also dat fifth Naruto OP in the karaoke bar.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 19, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2014
Tokoya said:

Then... what's up with the "Onii-chan..." thing? (if it's possible to explain without too many spoilers...)
Was her mother married to his father (or something like that) and they are not blood related?
Jan 19, 2017 4:01 AM

Nov 2011
Moca's voice is kinda annoying in this tbh.

Ebato's character chemistry with Hanabi is kinda amusing so far. (I found it more entertaining than Moca and Hanabi so far). I can't help but laugh at that karaoke scene though. The atmosphere was a balance of light and dark considering the circumstances.

Didn't take long for Ebato to make her move heh..
Looks like she couldn't control herself.
Jan 19, 2017 4:09 AM

Aug 2015
Ahhh I sense a sweet smell of yuri.

Adellaeda said:
Tokoya said:

Then... what's up with the "Onii-chan..." thing? (if it's possible to explain without too many spoilers...)
Was her mother married to his father (or something like that) and they are not blood related?

I think they're just neighbors for a long time.
Jan 19, 2017 4:10 AM
Jun 2015
No, it seems that Mugi is fantasizing of sex with his teach while he's touching Hanabi. It's presumably also the reason Hanabi keeps her eyes closed and Mugi doesn't make any noises or sweet talk: so that Hanabi can act like Mugi's hands are Onii-chan's.

It's kinda bittersweet I guess
Jan 19, 2017 4:21 AM

Jul 2014
This part shoulda been in the anime's ep1, there is no incest here people, they arent related, she just calls him oniichan.

Theres a reason why he calls her "Hana chan's mother" and not "our mother"

Tho I wasnt expecting that instant Yuri attack, thought it would be for next episode.
Jan 19, 2017 4:42 AM

Apr 2016
Looks like this show's main focus is about one-sided love from many view point. If they can maintain the quality and don't push the show to the "dark side" too much until the end then it would be nice.
Jan 19, 2017 4:55 AM

Apr 2014
Adellaeda said:
Tokoya said:

she's using honorifics as respect to a young man who is older than her.
Jan 19, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
Everybody loves everybody, what an amazing mess :)

<3 that ending, pretty unpredictable for a 2nd episode
Jan 19, 2017 5:05 AM
Jul 2016
-Stray said:
This part shoulda been in the anime's ep1, there is no incest here people, they arent related, she just calls him oniichan.

Theres a reason why he calls her "Hana chan's mother" and not "our mother"

Tho I wasnt expecting that instant Yuri attack, thought it would be for next episode.

I'm pretty sure this/something similar did happen in ep 1.

Anyways the yuri at the end I could have gone without tbh, I ship Hanabi and Mugi so hard.
Jan 19, 2017 5:06 AM

Jul 2016
My gosh, seems like I'll have to brace myself for this one. This episode made this a whole lot less predictable. It's a festival of unrequited love in here. Didn't see the Yuri coming (or her quickness to act.) but this is gonna start something I feel might take a lot more than 12 episodes...
damn, the forums these days...
Jan 19, 2017 5:09 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So this episode adapted some of the cut-out moments from volume 1 and half of volume 2. Great episode overall. Moca's more irritating that she was in the manga, lol. I guess it's because of the voice acting. Lol at the karaoke scene. Also yeah, Ebato totally loves Hanabi in a romantic way and she already went for a yuri kiss.

Btw, I'm surprised that people still think that Kanai is Hanabi's real or step-brother. The "onii-chan" is simply used as honorifics to give respect to an older but very close person.

5/5
Jan 19, 2017 5:22 AM

Oct 2014
*lesbean intensifies* 11/10 ship ecchan and hana

also, did they do the dirty in the karaoke room? i couldn't tell, i just remember in the first ep they said no sex but i mean the camera panned off so u know what that usually means ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 19, 2017 5:36 AM

Sep 2015
Knew it! Just had a feeling Ecchan was in love with her when we saw her getting embarassed thinking about spending the night and that Kissu confirmed it.
Jan 19, 2017 5:53 AM

Mar 2015
Solid ep although how come the loli hasn't grown up at all lmao
Jan 19, 2017 5:57 AM

Jun 2008
Adellaeda said:
Tokoya said:

In Japan its common to call an older male who you are close to, as onii-san. If he is a very important person than onii-sama. If he is very close to you, onii-chan. Its someone that might not be blood related to you. In this case, he was Hana's next door neighbour. He lived alone with his father, and she lived alone with her mother, their parents never had any romantic relationship but their kids grew up as friends, spending time at each other's houses.
I live in Europe, sometimes if you have a very close male friend, you'll call him "bro".
Also in Japan if you don´t know his last name, its common to call to a much older male person "oji-san" (uncle) and you don´t even have to be close to him.

about the episode: too bad this doesn´t have a yaoi route. XP

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 19, 2017 5:58 AM
Jan 2010
Adellaeda said:
Tokoya said:

It's common to refer to a person you grew up with seeing everyday as your sibling. It can also be a respectful term of endearment. Like if someone looks at an older man he works with as a role model he might refer to him as a brother.

Also that Naruto op tho
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jan 19, 2017 6:13 AM

Mar 2015
CzeroC said:
Looks like this show's main focus is about one-sided love from many view point. If they can maintain the quality and don't push the show to the "dark side" too much until the end then it would be nice.

It gets wayy darker, you need to rreally mentally prepare yourself for this one.

Solid ep so far, that naruto OP LOL.

I really dread the upcoming episodes, its a path to destruction indeed, hope they dont butcher it. Next episode or so would probably reveal

Jan 19, 2017 6:22 AM

Mar 2015
This anime reminds me of School Days for some reason...
Jan 19, 2017 6:26 AM

Jan 2015
Right when I thought no need to feel "pity" for any of the character of this anime, and then comes Moca. Somehow I feel so bad for her current condition, even after realize about the "bitter-scenario" of childhood friend in Anime.
Oh well, I guess the Yui route start next episode with the sleepover?
IF ONLY Hanabi and Mugi be so kind to ask Mugi along to the karaoke and sing that Naruto OP, that would be great and the only kissing in this episode is at the sleepover. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 19, 2017 6:28 AM

Apr 2016
novaxy said:

It gets wayy darker, you need to rreally mentally prepare yourself for this one.

Solid ep so far, that naruto OP LOL.

I really dread the upcoming episodes, its a path to destruction indeed, hope they dont butcher it. Next episode or so would probably reveal

Well, what i mean about "dark side" is the intimate things, what happened in episode 1 is far enough for me XD. Thanks for the warning anyway, i'm used to psychological, mind-break and drama or sort of, which is why i'm following this.
Jan 19, 2017 6:50 AM

Aug 2010
Dat transition to Ecchan kissing Hana was so good. OH YES BABY :D

The kissing scenes are so nice in this series.
Jan 19, 2017 6:51 AM
Jul 2016
I knew that Ecchan is lesbian!!!
It's satisfying when your guess is right, but I didn't think that she'll go all out at the end.

and is there anyone else who thinks Moca is just annoying?
But honestly, I feel bad for her.

I'm pretty sure it will get so much darker and messy, I'm really excited!
MujakinaJan 19, 2017 7:23 AM
Jan 19, 2017 7:01 AM

Mar 2012
FlamingMangos said:
2nd episode isn't even out yet. It's not even 12:55 AM in Japan right now. Why make this thread already?

It was out on Amazon Prime when I made the post.
Jan 19, 2017 7:03 AM
Dec 2013
I'm surprised that most people didn't realize that Ecchan was into Hana. I'd post a picture here but I don't know how to do that and I'm in a hurry now, but next time you watch the opening pay close attention to the part when Hana is standing upside down, there are some interesting images in the background.
Jan 19, 2017 7:14 AM

Jul 2014
Akarioru said:
In this case, he was Hana's next door neighbour. He lived alone with his father, and she lived alone with her mother, their parents never had any romantic relationship but their kids grew up as friends, spending time at each other's houses.

about the episode: too bad this doesn´t have a yaoi route. XP

Oh… OOHHH!
I see. Then this is not as dramatic as I thought. I’m not saying that is not dramatic enough, because it is beautifully painful. Nevertheless, unrequited love is one thing, but forbidden love, is a completely different level of fucked up.
Thanks a lot for enlightening me. My subs had “Big bro” in them, and after a couple of those, it became confusing. The fact that he was oblivious in front of her blush-y face didn’t help.
(and I’m all with you about the yaoi route. Why can’t we have everything in one big mess?)

And a thank you to the rest of you, who tried to explain the use of honorifics. How do you guys differentiate when “Onii-chan” is a brother, half-brother or close friend (when not knowing the source material)?
So I guess there’s a chance for her… maybe? I mean, if it would have been a sibling, the situation would have been way more complicated and strange… like facing the brother’s disgust and breaking the bond they have… But here it’s more a problem of courage… and well… age gap. Yep, no, still shitty position to be in.

After reading the comments here, I’m expecting someone to die. But it’s great. Everybody loves somebody that loves someone else. The real question is, will one box of tissues be enough?
Jan 19, 2017 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

I kinda feel a little sad for Moca, she might be the only pure hearted girl here. :(

NARUTO OP 5 at the Karaoke Bar, Hell Yeah! My favorite original Naruto OP. <3
Hanabi parody singing it was glorious, I want a full version of that. xD

Mugi and Hanabi scenes together are actually kinda nice, though it's sad when you remember that both of them are in the relationship just to satisfy their lust for someone else. Their kissing was really nice and I loved Mugi patting her on the rooftop. Why can't they be a real couple? :(

Wah, Ecchan! Yuri kiss was kinda hot. XDD
Lelouch0202Jan 19, 2017 7:26 AM
Jan 19, 2017 7:31 AM

Dec 2014
I don't even know who to ship and it's probably going to get even worse judging by the comments. Ohhh boy.
Jan 19, 2017 7:34 AM
Nov 2016
So, the episode finally came out.
I admit that I was very excited for this episode and it seems like the anime is changing the narrative a bit, but not too much, it is pretty similar to the manga.

Ebato and Moca were finally introduced and the ending did give everyone a glance of what can happen between Ebato and Hanabi. I really liked Hanabi's threatening stare. Damn girl, you're scary!!

I still can't get over how good this anime actually looks, I mean the art is absolutely amazing, this is proving to be one of my favourite shows of this season.
Jan 19, 2017 7:37 AM

Sep 2016
Damn, this is my fav anime from this season <3
Jan 19, 2017 7:41 AM

May 2015
Another good episode, but this is not your typical school sol :D Anyway, the overall atmosphere is very bittersweet, but that's even better.

I have no clue how everyone's going to end up, though.
Jan 19, 2017 7:41 AM

Sep 2014
Just add in Y A O I....... Then AOTY and 10/10 right here!
Jan 19, 2017 7:42 AM

Jan 2014
Does anyone else think Moca and Ecchan will do the same thing Mugi and Hanabi are doing?

Now that we know the romantic inclinations of four of the main characters, I`m now curious about the two teachers. I don't think either is in love with the other tbh, despite appearances.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2017 7:43 AM

Dec 2013
dat Naruto OP.

I like where this is going. They should all just get together and have an orgy
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2017 7:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This anime really gives zero fucks about general anime taboos. Awesome
Jan 19, 2017 7:53 AM

Feb 2015
Wew that ending. Glad that there's actual yuri and not just yuribait.
SchwingBonerJan 19, 2017 8:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2017 8:02 AM

Jun 2008
Adellaeda said:

(and I’m all with you about the yaoi route. Why can’t we have everything in one big mess?)

How do you guys differentiate when “Onii-chan” is a brother, half-brother or close friend (when not knowing the source material)?
Everybody loves somebody that loves someone else. The real question is, will one box of tissues be enough?

Yay:D

Usually the author provides hints, in all manga/anime it is always hinted if they're blood related or not. In first episode we saw Hana's flashback and got to know that information.
"Onii-chan" is a very sweet form to call your older brother/ older close friend/older half-brother, so it really all depends on the relationship you have with him.
You can call him by his first name only, it's very common between siblings/half-siblings/close friends in Japan, otherwise you usually add a suffix (chan, kun,san,sama). As far as I know there are not differences, doesn´t matter if you're blood related, it all depends on how close you are to the guy.
lol I know its hard to understand the concept because Japanese use different several different words to call someone "brother" or "sister" basing the word on the status of the person, gender, the relationship you have with him/her and if the person is older or younger than you, but not based on blood relation.
For instance, In Japan, if you're friendly with your brother-in-law after you marry his brother, you usually call him "brother" (and yet you are not blood related to him).

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 19, 2017 8:02 AM

Jan 2012
Moca became the first character I really dislike in this anime, but I can't say that I don't pity her. But she's still irritating and she seems one-dimensional for now.
I'm a little frightened by the fact how much I can identify with Hanabi (and with Ecchan also, but not that much) xD
I find Ecchan-Hanabi storyline interesting. I want more.
I just want more of everything, looking forward for the next episode.
Jan 19, 2017 8:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

I kinda feel a little sad for Moca, she might be the only pure hearted girl here. :(

Mugi and Hanabi scenes together are actually kinda nice, though it's sad when you remember that both of them are in the relationship just to satisfy their lust for someone else. Their kissing was really nice and I loved Mugi patting her on the rooftop. Why can't they be a real couple? :(

Wah, Ecchan! Yuri kiss was kinda hot. XDD
I was waiting to see if anyone caught that Naruto easter egg lol....I flipped my shit when I heard her singing that OP xDDDD
Jan 19, 2017 8:13 AM

Mar 2014
>Lesbians

This is getting reaaaal good
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 19, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I was waiting to see if anyone caught that Naruto easter egg lol....I flipped my shit when I heard her singing that OP xDDDD

Me too. XD Totally did not see it coming.
Jan 19, 2017 8:45 AM
Oct 2015
kinda upset they removed ecchans date with hanabi and her internal gushing over hanabi. feels like theyre ruining her character. there was no build up to her crush what so ever
Jan 19, 2017 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
yannivagenas said:
kinda upset they removed ecchans date with hanabi and her internal gushing over hanabi. feels like theyre ruining her character. there was no build up to her crush what so ever

Actually
Jan 19, 2017 9:06 AM

Oct 2013
Is it just me or did they skip a lot of stuff from the manga? Feels like the whole yuri stuff is happening too sudden.
Jan 19, 2017 9:09 AM

Dec 2016
The artwork in this anime is still probably my favorite of this season, it's just so stunning.

For some reason I'm still struggling with the overall premise and atmosphere of this show. It just feels melodramatic to me and the only "mature" thing about it, is that they actually show the characters being physical with each other...the lack of emotional intelligence from most of the characters so far, is a bit frustrating to me. Though I guess that's probably on purpose? Unpopular opinion I know, but I'm very open to changing this mindset as the episodes continue.

Childhood friend trope still one of my least favorite tropes I see.

I really enjoy the dynamic between Mugi and Hanabi~ I like their chemistry when they're not using each other to fulfill their sexual frustrations tbh. I think I really like Ecchan though. Anyway, good second episode and still interested to see where things go from here!
NanoRinJan 19, 2017 9:33 AM

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Jan 19, 2017 9:11 AM

Apr 2015
V0ltg said:
Is it just me or did they skip a lot of stuff from the manga? Feels like the whole yuri stuff is happening too sudden.

They did which is a given in an adaptation, don't know why people are even surprised about that. But in this case it worked in their favor as this created a certain effect. Another comment summed that up pretty well

They want to express a sense of "how did I end up here, how did this happen?". You run on auto through most of your life, and then you "wake up" and find yourself in this situation, and have to work backwards through what you did (without thinking) to end up here.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.