Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 16, 2014 9:48 AM

Jan 2013
Great emotional episode.
Feb 16, 2014 10:06 AM
Dec 2013
Ruby is dead forever. That because he is part of the People of the Land. Another ru;e breaker on the next episode.
Feb 18, 2014 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
God damn, I knew Rudy was a NPC or one of those heroes that Shiroe mentioned, but that's why I was worried for the past few episodes. If he died, he would die permanently. Can't believe Rudy was so reckless that he'd risk his life for Tohya's memories though. Still what he did made my heart skip a beat. ;_;
Feb 21, 2014 11:32 AM

Jan 2014
Feb 21, 2014 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
What happened to Rudy isn't all that shocking, they do show it in the op. Still is sad, hopefully they can find a way to save him.

Crusty is a total badass with that axe, pretty sure he could of soloed the whole army lol.
My Candies:
Feb 22, 2014 6:32 AM

Jan 2013
This was the most boring episode ever .
Feb 22, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2011
While the episode was really nice, the detailed analysis of the battle formation was even better. I *was* like"wtf?" when i saw that, but it does make sense. I wonder though if they have so few sorcerers and other magicians besides healers there, as the former could play airforce and nuke whole battalions of goblins - assuming they have good AoEs, but Rudel showed some even at his low level. Crusty would only have to keep them from running through, and given the barriers Minori has they could easily channel the goblins, so there would be no need to guard the flanks, especially not with such a big force.

Basically, barriers would force the goblins towards Crusty (and some other guardians etc.), damage prevention spells and heals would keep them alive while sorcerers could take turn to nuke them. The other players could go help out where they are actually needed, like Choushi etc.

I assume this wasn't possible because it would either take basically the same amount of people because of the long cooldown etc. of the barrier spells, and/or they simply didn't have enough casters of the right type.
Feb 25, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
yeah thats right baby when you're in trouble just call that certain someone that we all know and love.. our friendly neighborhood Shiroe!.. seriously he needs more screen time..

to all the people complaining about the preview : why the hell did you guys watched it anyway
Feb 25, 2014 9:14 PM
Jan 2014
NwAurion said:
While the episode was really nice, the detailed analysis of the battle formation was even better. I *was* like"wtf?" when i saw that, but it does make sense. I wonder though if they have so few sorcerers and other magicians besides healers there, as the former could play airforce and nuke whole battalions of goblins - assuming they have good AoEs, but Rudel showed some even at his low level. Crusty would only have to keep them from running through, and given the barriers Minori has they could easily channel the goblins, so there would be no need to guard the flanks, especially not with such a big force.

Basically, barriers would force the goblins towards Crusty (and some other guardians etc.), damage prevention spells and heals would keep them alive while sorcerers could take turn to nuke them. The other players could go help out where they are actually needed, like Choushi etc.

I assume this wasn't possible because it would either take basically the same amount of people because of the long cooldown etc. of the barrier spells, and/or they simply didn't have enough casters of the right type.

Ahahaha, sorcerer is a popular class so there's no worry about the shortage of them. But if Krusty took all of the sorcerers.. the swashbucklers would be very angry because they got abandoned XD . Krusty picked his army by his own decision and Shiroe divide the rest based on necessity. All of Krusty's army are level 90. While the level 40 and more managed by Shiroe.

In Krusty's Legion raid, most of the damage dealers are sorcerers and swashbucklers (+summoners and asassin,too). Sorcerers nuke the enemy with ranged spells and swashbucklers (the dual wielder) dish melee damage. Both of classes have AoE Skills. Krusty got bonus in attack power because of his axe's special ability, so he can dish more damage, too.

Krusty's army used the terrain (Sand Leaf) as their advantage to gather and cornered the goblins. The escapee will be killed by Shiroe's army.

info from the novel about the reinforcement troops to Choushi: Basically, it's a flexible long range cannon.

credit to translators in Baka-Tsuki.

About the barrier, it's the form of damage prevention spell unique to Kannagi. It can absorbs a certain amount of damage before it breaks. Kannagi is a popular class, but they need more strategy to deploy their shields plus the weakest healer. Cleric and Druids are more effective healer than Kannagi so I won't be surprised if Krusty's healer team consist mostly of this two classes. imo, there's no need to use barrier to "guide" the goblin to Krusty, his class already got a proper taunting skills like anchor howl to do that. If I'm not mistaken, Guardian has the widest taunting range compared to samurai and monk.
annettefeliceFeb 25, 2014 9:28 PM
Feb 27, 2014 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, it was obvious that Rudy would die. He was too awesome as a side character, his death flag was too big, even for his big balls.

The next episode preview make me think that Shiroe will use a World Fraction spell to make him back to life.

That battle was fucking nice. I really like when there are huge battle like this animated. Remind me of those fucking huge fight from LOTR.

Next episode, the power of glasses pushing will defy the law of the universe!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 20, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
Rather good episode. Had good flow, finally some battles!

Although Shiroe is seeming to be behind for a character that sees "30 seconds ahead".

He has to be there for the reinforcements? Could he not just use the network and have someone not high enough of a lv to wait there instead? He has that bird anyway. If he got the message saying they were there he could have flown back pretty quickly instead of just staying there doing not much at all.

He also knows that one Sorcerer that told him everything so maybe he could help.
Mar 21, 2014 3:18 AM
Feb 2014
RPGX_Omega said:
Rather good episode. Had good flow, finally some battles!

Although Shiroe is seeming to be behind for a character that sees "30 seconds ahead".

He has to be there for the reinforcements? Could he not just use the network and have someone not high enough of a lv to wait there instead? He has that bird anyway. If he got the message saying they were there he could have flown back pretty quickly instead of just staying there doing not much at all.

He also knows that one Sorcerer that told him everything so maybe he could help.

the current shiroe position (adventurer hq) is in the middle between akiba, maihama, and coushi

why he has to be there?

credit translator and baka-tsuki
Mar 23, 2014 7:11 PM

Jun 2011
Sorry to say but I thought that it was stupid, 5 people trying to do something, and not even adults, they are just kids. Minori's "look 5 seconds into the future" ruined her character for me. She just started training and you're telling me after a while she can look 5 seconds into the future and plan everything? When was she that smart again? The 30 seconds thing is only for Shiroe, little brat, please don't try to sharingan the jutsu. Barely managing her team is not the same as predicting everything, especially when it's an enemy they just met. Shiroe traveled all around the world, so it is only logical that he would know about the monsters and could predict or plan further, because of his battle experience. Sigh.

Then, we have the idiotic sacrifice of Rudy, why did he threw away his staff? To grab onto the wolf? He doesn't have any mp left? Why didn't he just use lightning element and wipe the floor with those creature? Lightning element should've worked well in the rain, no? Well, my eyes got wet during his scene, so I guess the sort-of-forced "drama" worked.

First of all, before anything, they should learn not to be reckless, and they are not capable of everything, especially Minori. Sigh, I just really dislike that.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 23, 2014 8:57 PM
Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Sorry to say but I thought that it was stupid, 5 people trying to do something, and not even adults, they are just kids. Minori's "look 5 seconds into the future" ruined her character for me. She just started training and you're telling me after a while she can look 5 seconds into the future and plan everything? When was she that smart again? The 30 seconds thing is only for Shiroe, little brat, please don't try to sharingan the jutsu. Barely managing her team is not the same as predicting everything, especially when it's an enemy they just met. Shiroe traveled all around the world, so it is only logical that he would know about the monsters and could predict or plan further, because of his battle experience. Sigh.

Then, we have the idiotic sacrifice of Rudy, why did he threw away his staff? To grab onto the wolf? He doesn't have any mp left? Why didn't he just use lightning element and wipe the floor with those creature? Lightning element should've worked well in the rain, no? Well, my eyes got wet during his scene, so I guess the sort-of-forced "drama" worked.

First of all, before anything, they should learn not to be reckless, and they are not capable of everything, especially Minori. Sigh, I just really dislike that.

Yep. They are reckless.
About Minori's full control encounter, it's from Shiroe. He taught her how to do it.. but yes, Minori still a noobs and can't do many things with her current capability. In the novel, Minori knew that winning is very difficult because they are overleveled by the enemy, but it's too late to ask for backups because all of the adventurers in Choushi was busy with Sahuagin. If they withdrawn from the battle, Choushi will lost to the goblins.

Rudy's plan was to use his gauntlet as a detonator to blow the wolf from the inside (that's why he plunged his hand into the wolf's mouth). He almost runs out his MP from the previous battles (don't forget that before the wolves, they were fighting in the border of Choushi trying to whack scattered goblins as many as possible, with Serara's shrieking mushrooms as alarm). They fight not in 100 % condition. I didn't see more druids in the training camp so the alarms must be set by Serara alone per Minori's instruction.

Even if Rudy can electrocute the wolves with his lightning magic boosted by Isuzu's song plus rain advantage (if he had enough MP to do so), if he can't kill the enemy in one hit.. everything will be useless because he'll draw the aggro to him and Isuzu. And if I'm not mistaken, there's a chance for friendly fire in the novel and WWB manga. One of the reason why Rudy insist to use orb of lava in the dungeon is the flexibility, so he won't hit Tohya with his AoE Spells (because at that time, they didn't even know the timing and range of attack of their party members ^^").
annettefeliceMar 23, 2014 9:21 PM
Mar 26, 2014 6:57 PM
Aug 2012
i really wanted her to finish "if tohya loses..." big deal! he revives somewhere far away and cant fight until the boat takes him back. Gah!
Mar 28, 2014 12:13 AM

Jun 2009
Oh wow that was...exactly what I had seen coming since a couple episodes ago... :/

(what kind of MMO has non-respawning NPCs anyway?)
Mar 30, 2014 4:09 PM

May 2012
Great episode, some really nice action and we finally know the truth about Rudy! Pretty intense development and I hope he can get revived!
Apr 1, 2014 11:08 AM

May 2013
So that's the reason why rudy can't be added to their friendlist because he is a people of the land. Damn rudyy please don't die. I'm sure shiroe will do something to make him alive.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 4, 2014 5:55 AM

Dec 2013
*secretly prepares my inner mind to cry for a potential sad, incompetent and heartfelt ending*
Apr 9, 2014 5:25 PM

Dec 2010
Thanks to the spoilers the mods haven't cared to remove(on first pages at that) I knew that Rudy was an adventurer. But I do hope Shiroe can save him, he's cool.
Apr 20, 2014 12:08 AM

Apr 2014
This show just doesn't give us a break at being amazed by this epic anime!
Darn Rudy why did you have to be so freaking epic. He definitely lived up to his rantings about being awesome or powerful & whatnot.
From being arguably the most annoying character in the series at first to being one of the best in series. Now this is character development done right!

The heck was with Krusty being more powerful than multiple raid bosses combined! He freaking outnuked the nukers.

& Shiroe was just looked so awesome as the freaking commander.
Jun 9, 2014 6:00 AM

Jan 2013
Didn't the weird magic scientist sage say that Revive spells should work on people from the land? Why was that not the case?
Jul 3, 2014 4:46 AM
May 2012
My kokoro would have been doki doki explosion already if I wasn't spoiled about Rudy.
He is such an awesome character and it's nice to know that he will stay.
Time to show your awesomeness, Shiroe!!
Aug 15, 2014 10:11 PM

Jan 2014
what's with the overwhelmingly positive reviews for this episode? no offence but this episode was boring as hell, I honestly couldn't care less about a bunch of kids fighting goblins with all those asspulls of friendship and nonsensical setup (1000 army goblin and they''re only fighting like one at a time, suure...). and shiro hasn't fought at all since like ep3, so what is he a secondary character now?

oh and don't know what are you guys on but the animation here is absolutely shit, makes DBZ looks glorious, and that's saying something.

I used to think this show is bad but this is just retarded. so disappointed i wasted time with this, 3/10 dropped
*insert subjectively witty comment*
Aug 23, 2014 10:32 PM

Jun 2014
Just as i thought, Rudy is a NPC. But how did Rudy get a job to be a sorcerer?
Aug 25, 2014 11:15 PM

Oct 2013
I'm sure Shiroe will find a way to save Rudy.

Aug 28, 2014 3:09 AM

Nov 2012
WOW! Mad respect for Rudy-san >.<

and im also loving how badass Shiroe looked at the end. The determination to help was amazing :3
Oct 15, 2014 5:50 PM

Nov 2012
Thought Rudy's character was a joke at first,but grew to really like his character so hope he doesn't die.But than again with Shiro's help,it's basically guaranteed that he'll be revived.
Nov 2, 2014 11:58 PM

May 2014
Yeah he's a Person of the Land. But I wonder if he's also a hero.

Also, the command HQ is so cool. The whole network of communication. And Shiro has to receive information and make decisions.
Nov 9, 2014 7:41 AM

Aug 2014
Kode is from people of the land... Will he survive? I hope it does well.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 16, 2014 4:12 AM

May 2013
Lol, Krusty's enjoying fighting.

Meanwhile, Minori is like a mini Shiroe.
She can only see five to ten seconds in the future though.

And they find out Rudy is a Person of the Land.
I think Shiroe has a plan up his sleeve that will save Rudy.
But if not, Rudy... (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 12, 2014 6:24 AM

Jun 2013
Rudy isn't going to die, this anime is too light to kill off important characters
Jan 16, 2015 12:45 AM
Feb 5, 2015 9:43 PM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! I cried damn.

Feb 17, 2015 9:30 PM

Nov 2014
Such a great episode! Enjoyed the battle scenes a lot...and then the whole ending with Rudy had me shedding some tears...I hope and I'm sure they will save him, but the feels :'(
Feb 25, 2015 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Rudy, what a brave man!
dobinz said:
Shiroe face in last scene was like "what do u expect me to do? i don't have revive spell, bitch"

Damn, I had a good laugh!!!
Mar 4, 2015 3:13 AM

Aug 2013
Well sure we thought of that..
But how come a people of the land had MP to begin with ?
Some Shiroe x Minori would be nice heehehe.
Shiroe will become god lol.
Mar 12, 2015 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
This is the episode I have been waiting for. Perfect.
Apr 13, 2015 4:18 AM

Sep 2013
Was pretty obvious Rudy was an npc when she couldn't add him to her friends list.

They've already said that People of the Land can be healed if they act quick enough, so no doubt he's not permanently gone.
Jul 4, 2015 7:02 AM

Sep 2014
What a beast Krusty.
Rudy was awesome too, wonder what Shiroe will do to save him.
Really awesome episode.
Sep 21, 2015 2:44 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, this was a great episode. Some awesome fighting that really got intense towards the end there. And yeah Rudy being an NPC was pretty obvious, but still sad when he got *killed*. I wonder what Shiroe will do to save him, if its even possible.

Also you have to wonder how Rudy even got his powers, he seems to be an NPC with the powers of an adventurer. How is that even possible?
Oct 25, 2015 4:33 AM

Jul 2008
And here I thought I would hate Rudy...Rudy is a manly man with GAR.
Jan 2, 2016 11:12 PM

Apr 2009
Well, it was pretty obvious Rudy was an NPC and was being set up to die, assuming he does in fact die. Still, made me a bit sad as I'd really come to like Rudy. Generally I don't like it when shows don't have the guts to kill off characters, but spare Rudy, please. There are plenty of obnoxious characters you could kill off instead...

Anyway, I loved the battles. The animation was not amazing and the CGI monsters were kind of questionable, but I was still thrilled and entertained. It reached a level worthy of the build up over the last few episodes. I loved Crusty being a total beast, the newbies working like clockwork with Minori cosplaying as Shiroe, and the dire situation they found themselves in.

Good stuff. I'm going to pray to the Villain in Glasses for a few minutes to save Rudy then it's onto the next episode.
Mar 9, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2015
Oh come on! Don't kill Rudy!
I'm usually ok with killing characters but, Rudy doesn't deserve this (not that any others do)
but his kamikaze technique was a little bit retarded jaja but he's a dog! NEVER kill the dog!
Oct 15, 2016 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
I feel like they were being WAY too dramatic with the possibility of one of them dying.
Especially considering only Isuzu knew Rudy couldn't get revived.

I doubt Rudy's going to stay dead, Shiroe will find a way!
Mar 10, 2017 6:14 PM

Mar 2016
Damn, this was a pretty good episode right here !!!
Another, i have to say

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Oct 12, 2017 5:29 AM

Sep 2012
PrOxAnto said:

I doubt Rudy's going to stay dead, Shiroe will find a way!

u hit the nail with that one :)
Feb 16, 2018 4:37 AM
Dec 2017
i didn't saw this is coming!! really amazed me lot!! Kode is NPC.. wow!!
Feb 21, 2018 2:58 PM

Nov 2016
That got too real way too quickly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2018 11:04 AM

May 2016
If he died he would have made such an impact but bringing him back won't do much.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
May 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

404 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 10, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.