Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 6, 2016 9:09 PM

Sep 2015
lol wtf was that titty monster?
The backstories were laughable and rushed. Damn, this show is turning out to be more like a comedy now
May 6, 2016 9:14 PM

Jan 2016
Look, this girl's internet handle and therefor real name is the same as a girl that went missing around here -> she is that same girl, also she's a ghost

?????????????????
May 6, 2016 9:16 PM

Feb 2016
Ewww what the fuck was that
May 6, 2016 9:17 PM

Feb 2016
This anime is a fucking joke..another divine gate flop
May 6, 2016 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
That cuck dodge by Koharun was great
May 6, 2016 9:18 PM
Jun 2014
I don't understand how there are people saying this episode bad. I would understand how the manifestation of the cast fears looks silly and their reactions, but that isn't even a big issue for me. I mean like after seeing Big Order's Ep today, Mayoiga is less bullshit.

As for the flashbacks, there were 4. And the way it was structured this episode didn't seem horrible to me. I mean hey according to MAL there are 31 characters (possibly a few more) and with the time frame that is known (12 Eps/halfway). And the way each flashback was handled was enough for a viewer to (hopefully) understand what has been bothering them thus wanting to start a new life.

Before Lovepon's flashback, I hated this Execute fuck. But having her father leave them, then the mother choosing a shitty monk for survival in turn causing Lovepon to become crazy made me hate her less. Nya girl's bullying and wasp/hornet situation was pretty fucked. But her liking toward guns was interesting to see. The silicon thing: all I got that it was a height problem and that he probably regrets getting it.

So TLDR, I didn't see this as a bad episode.
May 6, 2016 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
I might drop it, I just can't take it seriously. I feel no attachments to any of the main characters either. The flashbacks were forced, we knew nothing about the characters anyways but then they just dumped it on us.
May 6, 2016 9:22 PM

Sep 2014
LOL omfg I can't imagine my worst nightmare being a Silicone boob :D!!
May 6, 2016 9:29 PM

Aug 2009
ok......i'll watch this shit till the end. it's horrible though.

and i think they're already dead..
May 6, 2016 10:01 PM

Apr 2009
I don't really have much to say anymore about this anime, just gonna post the funny moments:
Dahara getting swerved on so hard. LMAO
Jigoku military crawling away from the already slow moving boob crab.
Lovepon running through the woods yelling "Execute".
May 6, 2016 10:08 PM

Jan 2015
So eachl of Mikage's gang are currently facing their own "nightmare" of their own past.
Unlike Koharun,Piitan's all lovey-dovey again. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 6, 2016 10:09 PM

Oct 2009
lmao best ep so far hahahhahaha
they finally know that everyone is hallucinating a different kind of monster/wtv. :D Good job guys! lolololol

The silicone oppai was funny though xD xD xD
I didn't know it was possible to implant boobs on top of your head...ewwww D:

Someone hit Piiiiitan with a silicone oppai please. Gaaahh She's more annoying than any other character now. -___-''''

May 6, 2016 10:12 PM

May 2009
So.. Masaki is a ghost that can puke and drink water.

I still can't understand how silicone in head makes him a better soldier. How ?

SHOKEI!!! xD
May 6, 2016 10:14 PM

Oct 2012
Ok some of these were just plain ridiculous, but wow Nyanta's fear of bees is one hundred percent understandable from what happened. Just imagining it... shudder
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 6, 2016 10:17 PM

Oct 2009
fideldesu said:

He was short and did not reach the military's height requirement, that's why he implanted a silicone on top of his head to make him to taller.
... but I think the military found out that it was just silicone and he didn't get in, that's why he was moping around.

May 6, 2016 10:24 PM

Oct 2015
the boob monster lmao
May 6, 2016 10:26 PM

Mar 2016
I can't take this show seriously. At all. It's shit...but at the same time there's no way I'm dropping this now.
May 6, 2016 10:27 PM

Nov 2012
this is so fucking ridiculous lmao
especially that silicone boob monster
May 6, 2016 10:28 PM
Jul 2012
Well this series know how to grab your attention each episode not sure if that's a good thing or not in this case but I'm definitely not dropping this series no matter what.
May 6, 2016 10:32 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa those flashbacks and OMG 0___0

Oppai monster OMG
May 6, 2016 10:52 PM

Mar 2016

This show right now.
May 6, 2016 11:14 PM

Jul 2014
Okay, so all those other fears/traumas kinda make sense, but why is Mitsumune scared of a fucking penguin? And how are Pii-tan and Manbe almost becoming more annoying than Lovepon, who still isn't dead yet for some reason? And how can they so quickly conclude that Masaki is possibly a ghost, despite the fact that she threw up a few times and can clearly interact with people and objects?
May 6, 2016 11:19 PM

Dec 2011
I guess what they saw are all representation of their fears, what put them into a trauma... I didn't expect Jigoku to do that. >.< I feel sad for Nyanta, and we finally understand why Lovepon became insane.

The plot thickens again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2016 11:21 PM

Jan 2014
So there was just a book of articles lying around that just so happened to have some about Masaki missing? How come no one looked at the damn date to see how long she had been missing!? Kind of an important clue to piece things together.
May 6, 2016 11:26 PM

Jan 2011
*trips*

"EXECUTE THE GROUND!"

That Nanko next ep preview though.
May 7, 2016 12:04 AM

Aug 2013
Again, thread full of 'grown up' users who can't take it seriously. Oh how mature of you.
How many times you write something similar? We all know that you all are so much grown up.

I don't understand, if you hate this show that much, why you don't drop it? It's already 6th episode...

Back on topic, 5/5. Boob monster? Ok, pretty understandable, the first thing which he discovered was silicone for boobs, so in his brain silicone is associated with boobs.
Lovepon backstory was pretty intense too, of course I still don't like her, but at least I know why she is like this.
fideldesu said:

SHOKEI!!! xD

1. No, its nothing more than their speculation. Maybe she knew about this accident and she just picked up her nickname from that article. I doubt that she is a ghost. And if she is, then they all are ghosts in afterlife.

2. Did you even watch this episode? He was too small for army, so he put a silicone in the top of his head.
rsc-plMay 7, 2016 12:19 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 7, 2016 12:07 AM

Apr 2013
May 7, 2016 12:35 AM

Nov 2015
Quite entertaining ep overall, put some light on what the heck is going on in the show.
The village really shows them their worst experience.
Masaki being in the center of it is intriguing.
May 7, 2016 12:44 AM

Jun 2014
I can't believe this show thinks it can make me care about Lovepon.
May 7, 2016 12:53 AM

Dec 2015
People complain that the characters are undeveloped.
People complain when we get to see more of their back stories.

The lesson here? people sure do love to complain.
danieltortoisee said:
Okay, so all those other fears/traumas kinda make sense, but why is Mitsumune scared of a fucking penguin? And how are Pii-tan and Manbe almost becoming more annoying than Lovepon, who still isn't dead yet for some reason? And how can they so quickly conclude that Masaki is possibly a ghost, despite the fact that she threw up a few times and can clearly interact with people and objects?

I assume the penguin is Masaki's fear, that's why the create looked like a hybrid of two things, because it was trying to manifest both their fears at the same time.
May 7, 2016 1:13 AM
Jan 2014
So I heard this anime is directed by the guy who made Another. Is this going to the same conclusion?
May 7, 2016 1:16 AM

May 2014
Had mixed feelings for this episode lol
Kinda felt sorry for Nyanta's backstory though.. and that scene where Koharun rushed to Valkana and Dahara thought Koharun would go to him...Priceless
May 7, 2016 1:32 AM

Oct 2014
this show is so hilariously awful, i want to drop it but i can't because it's too funny

like okay i feel bad for lovepon and cat girl, but did i really just watch someone get chased by a giant face mask? like ??? i cringed and laughed at the same time

update: i watched the rest of the epi and this show is literally just people getting chased by big and terribly animated things, as well as dudes being afraid of boobie implants 0_o
LunoireMay 7, 2016 1:54 AM
May 7, 2016 1:48 AM

Jun 2009
rsc-pl said:
Again, thread full of 'grown up' users who can't take it seriously. Oh how mature of you.
How many times you write something similar? We all know that you all are so much grown up.

For me it's less about me not taking the content seriously, but more about me having problems not seeing the glaringly obvious problems with the execution.

The writing-director Okada Mari explained in an interview that this anime was created from a team-approach, in which every member could give input on things he or she wanted in the script. Okada's job was merely to put everything together in the end.
She herself implied that she had (and still has) doubts whether they actually managed to make a coherent whole...and for my taste, they didn't.

fideldesu said:

1. No, its nothing more than their speculation. Maybe she knew about this accident and she just picked up her nickname from that article. I doubt that she is a ghost. And if she is, then they all are ghosts in afterlife.

Admittedly, this is something caused by a cultural disconnect.
Ghosts in Japanese folklore are not the translucent spirits that move through walls that we know from Euro-American stories. They can be just as corporeal as real people, only that they are bound to certain places or events.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
May 7, 2016 2:07 AM

Aug 2013
seizonsha said:

Admittedly, this is something caused by a cultural disconnect.
Ghosts in Japanese folklore are not the translucent spirits that move through walls that we know from Euro-American stories. They can be just as corporeal as real people, only that they are bound to certain places or events.

It depends on a story. Of course in EU/US ghost is generally something like " translucent spirit", but it's only generalizing. I know many folk stories from my country where ghosts = something physical.
And a monster which appeared in front to Masaki and Mitsumune was (probably) a hybrid of those two's fear, so I still think that they are all dead in some kind of afterlife world. Especially that we didn't see any ending of their backstories. That guy with trains probably killed himself, Nyanta was killed by bees (to be honest it looked more like hornets), and Lovepon was probably raped and killed by this fat old shrine pirest.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 7, 2016 2:16 AM

Jan 2016
I was really hoping the "beast" wouldn't be an "everybody sees their greatest fear" type thing because it's been done a million times (and much better too) but hey, at least we got a giant titty robo crab monster. I' still hope the end isn't some cliche "everybody's already dead" thing.

The backstories weren't that bad, I liked Nyanta's. However, the flow was terrible, and I didn't see the purpose of focusing on these side characters when we still have almost no idea what's going on.

The best part was when Koharuuun ignored the tour guide's open arms and went for Valkana.
mintkatMay 7, 2016 2:23 AM
May 7, 2016 2:25 AM

Sep 2015
Is-it becoming interesting ?! :o
So Mitsumune is afraid of penguins xD
May 7, 2016 2:30 AM

Mar 2011
StardustNyako said:
Can't wait for subs!

Meanwhile, to help yall remember these guys names, yes this is me rapping

Hahahaha.

Omg Mayoiga is getting even more retarded with every single episode. Anyway I will have to endure that stupidity, because it's funny af.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

May 7, 2016 2:34 AM
Apr 2016
I feel responsible to my fellow human species to explain what is happening. I am not noting on the decency of your commentaries or overall understanding of the series, since if you can not it is not made for you.
Masaki is not a ghost, she is searching for her missing sister, which can be EASILY seen from the opening when the light shadow behind Masaki has different haircut.
The Penguin is a costume with someone or something inside it and a manifistation of Mitsumune's past, considering he called it Tokimune it is some sort related to his brother or some issue he created which did not go so well.
Those two points seemed to be the least fathomable for your silly lot. Have faith.
Re:formed
May 7, 2016 2:40 AM
Apr 2016
BLmatsu said:
mintkat said:
The backstories weren't that bad, I liked Nyanta's. However, the flow was terrible, and I didn't see the purpose of focusing on these side characters when we still have almost no idea what's going on.
I liked the way the backstories were presented too (they are all so sad =[). Like you, I thought it might not be a good idea to focus on only these characters' stories, but now I think I understand why that choice was made.

By the end of the ep, they all come to the conclusion that the charas are scared and being chased by different things. It would have been odd to present the charas running from objects without knowing why they are running (or what they are running from). Like it is the case with Mitsumune, we don't know why he's running from a penguin =/

5/5 coherence would be proud to be called the same species as you. Those "monsters" are not fear but the past they were running away into "New Life", which could be qualified by fear. BUT IT IS NOT ACCURATE ENOUGH!!
Re:formed
May 7, 2016 2:55 AM

Dec 2012
That guy is scared of boobs what a pussy
May 7, 2016 2:58 AM

Aug 2015
If Misaki is an actual ghost then im done lmao
The only reason that Im watching the show is because of the girl in the Pokemon outfit that looks like the only smart character there, and the mystery element.
May 7, 2016 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
I expect all of this to have a point soon.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
May 7, 2016 3:00 AM

Apr 2014
This show is godsend. I really wish it was two cours.
May 7, 2016 3:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hinamizawa syndrome? Or something like that?

Either way this is fucking retarded
May 7, 2016 3:38 AM
Nov 2015
this mitsumune got to be a real faggot for being scared of a penguin
May 7, 2016 3:45 AM

Feb 2016
I still cant get it what issue from this series till this episode,but the village might be sacred for ppl who has terrible/saddest memories
May 7, 2016 4:07 AM

Dec 2012
The back stories weren't unexpected story-wise, but what are they really? They gave the general outline of the 4 characters' lives, but they weren't their "past" only. The monsters awfully looked liked their "failures" from which the characters had been trying to runaway from. I mean, everyone's past contains memories of many, various, personal events. So, I'm wondering why exactly 'fails' took over their minds.

I wish I could understand how "taking out the [Koharun omits "evil"] eyes" connects to "dragging the depths of your mind out into the open". Is it like ..., seeing with your heart? *scratches head* Anyone good in poetry? -_-;
May 7, 2016 4:09 AM

May 2010
What a messed up priest, poor Lovepon and her mother. She's having psychological problems and needs to see a psychologist asap. At the same time, it doesn't completely justify her current actions. I don't know how much I can blame her tho. Problems suffered as a kid can really mess you up.

Nyanta tho, so that's how she got her love for toy guns. Interesting.
The punishment she received tho, what a horrible bunch of bullies.

The silicone one... no comments. At least it was original.

Mikage's was the most relatable for me... I guess.

Basically the only ones who can survive in this village are the ones who have a strong mental and a complete control over their emotions.

So Masaki has a monster within her? It's either her or Koharu, I'm betting it on Masaki.
May 7, 2016 4:11 AM

Apr 2015
weird episode indeed...
did the glasses guy died?? he becomes more annoying right now...
i knew there's something wrong with masaki girl...
did Jigoku put silicon on his head??
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

469 by Ratris_Decision »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.