Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2008 4:19 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow the Kaiser is a major brat. He acts like a wild animal. I take it they let him reign free and didn't bother teaching him at least some modicrum of decency?

It looks like Reinhard is going along with Phezzan's scheme to start a new war with the alliance but I can't imagine he hasn't planned further ahead. He already knows first hand the extent that their scheming will go. If he's successful against the alliance he'd need to find a way to deal with Phezzan before they turn on him.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Oct 19, 2008 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
There will be much political backstabbing going on in the future I can tell. Oh and the Kaiser is definitely a bratty kid. Sucks to be the government in the FPA now that they have given Reinhard a reason to invade them. If Reinhard gets Phezzan's consent to use their corridor then it's tall over for the FPA.
Nov 20, 2008 7:39 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
LOL

It seems at the end of the episode Yang already predicted that FPA will be invaded throught the Phezzan corridor...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 13, 2009 8:56 PM

Jan 2009
Reinhard has the Alliance in a bind now that he's got enough reason within the Empire to secure support from the people to fight. Well played, although he did get an Admiral involved and part of this would be credited to Oberstein.

The Alliance government seemed all too eager to take in the "exiled" Kaiser, and took benefit in that they've gotten the support of the people. This exile government made by Count Remscheidt has dragged Merkatz into his agenda without his knowing. Hopefully, Merkatz will refuse such a position with no real power.
Nov 14, 2009 3:52 PM

Dec 2008
What do the alliance have to gain from announcing that they have the Kaiser? As has been pointed out by numerous persons, this will divide them and make Reinhard's war more popular in the empire. I hardly think the alliance bigwigs would be motivated by humanitarian considerations, so I'm a bit puzzled.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Nov 14, 2009 7:48 PM

Oct 2007
Even if they didn't announce it, Empire will still attack FPA, because if they did runaway from empire, only FPA the choice.
Mar 28, 2010 2:06 AM

Aug 2008
Somebody needs to hit that little bastard. Everything else in this episode was rather predictable. I do have to say that the Alliance's political leadership is truly stupid. They just love war don't they?
May 7, 2010 4:21 AM

Apr 2009
DonKangolJones said:
Somebody needs to hit that little bastard. Everything else in this episode was rather predictable. I do have to say that the Alliance's political leadership is truly stupid. They just love war don't they?

I have to agree with you. I hate Kaiser already xP
And is Truniht stupid? Couldn't he have predicted what would happen? His expression after Reinhard's declaration of war cracked me up. You reap what you sow.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 22, 2010 12:08 AM
Jan 2008
Cenedess said:
DonKangolJones said:

I have to agree with you. I hate Kaiser already xP
And is Truniht stupid? Couldn't he have predicted what would happen? His expression after Reinhard's declaration of war cracked me up. You reap what you sow.

Truniht is only around since the Earth Cult want him, I have no idea why but other characters have pointed out that Truniht has unusual staying power.
Aug 10, 2010 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
I understand why they grant him refuge but why do they let him establish the same shit that they were fighting against for 150 years? That doesn't make sense.
Aug 19, 2010 11:31 PM

May 2010
I wonder what Yang predicted but didn't dare say out loud? My prediction is that they will be invaded through the Phezzan corridor, but that doesn't seem so controversial that Yang wouldn't dare say it. Lohengramm has to have outplanned Phezzan, so I bet it has something to do with that. I don't know, I guess Yang is smarter than me because I have no clue what he's thinking...
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 18, 2010 2:44 PM

Jan 2010
god that kid is such a brat...i'm not violent at all but even I'd beat the living .... out of him
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 21, 2010 9:33 AM

Sep 2008
clannad4ever said:
god that kid is such a brat...i'm not violent at all but even I'd beat the living .... out of him

not really a spoiler but it may annoy some
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Nov 24, 2010 10:49 PM

May 2010
Reinhard-sama's blonde hair will wipe that smile off your face, mr. "Grand Bishop"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 10, 2011 4:33 PM
Jun 2011
Reinhard's declaration was awesome. Interested to see what will happen next. Oh yeah and the Kaiser is a little demon.
Sep 8, 2011 11:54 AM

Jan 2008
Yang seems to know already what Reinhard is planning to do. Although Reinhard is a great tactician himself, Yang always seems to be one step ahead. Until now I haven't noticed a moment in which Yang was taken by surprise. As long as Yang lives Reinhard won't succeed in conquering the FPA.
Sep 30, 2011 3:46 PM
Jul 2010
The Kaiser may be an annoying brat, but I still feel sorry for him. He's like 10 years old and already being exploited as a political tool. Reminds me of the Princes in the Tower.
Oct 28, 2011 2:16 PM

Apr 2009
Silverhammer said:
What do the alliance have to gain from announcing that they have the Kaiser? As has been pointed out by numerous persons, this will divide them and make Reinhard's war more popular in the empire. I hardly think the alliance bigwigs would be motivated by humanitarian considerations, so I'm a bit puzzled.

Pretty sure Truniht announced this, since he is also under the influence of the Earth Cult just as Phezzan is. Also all these episodes show you these inalienable truths:

Politicians actions are most likely not based on benefits for their country. This goes hand in hand with the quote from the intro: "In every age in every place, the deeds of man remain the same"

Moreover, I really liked how Trunihts hands were shaking during Reinhards declaration of war.
Oct 30, 2011 10:06 PM

Mar 2011
Reinhard and his epic speeches, and of course there's going to be another war. Damn governments.

Bratty ass Kaiser needs to be smacked.
Jan 7, 2012 1:28 PM

Sep 2009
I was half expecting Lohngram to pull a random and publicly declare he was going to start his eradication of 'evil' with Phezzan.
Feb 6, 2012 10:03 PM

Aug 2010
Can't wait for the battles that are to come
May 31, 2012 11:35 PM

Jun 2009
Sabinlerose said:
I was half expecting Lohngram to pull a random and publicly declare he was going to start his eradication of 'evil' with Phezzan.

That would have been awesome, actually. But, I'm sure he's taking them into account regardless.

Also, I found the scene where Julian was watching the Admiral's passing the wine around to be pretty amusing. Yang pretty much hit the nail on the head when he thought that the Alliance could very well be the "Bad guys" in this battle.
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 2, 2012 9:29 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 29, 2013 10:20 PM

Jun 2013
wtf wrong with that brat Kaiser?
Sep 16, 2013 3:04 PM

Nov 2009
So, not only did he declare war, but he made it out that the Free Alliance sided with terrorists and are attempting to take away the rights of the people of the Empire. It sounds clever but I'm not sure, given what the citizens of the Free Alliance know, if they would believe that the citizens even have rights.
Jan 9, 2014 4:18 AM

Jan 2012
the alliance really doesnt have justice on the side, by this point im vainly hoping reinhard will wipe out the whole government structure

afterwards somehow yang will be able to help rebuild it and theyll team up to destroy phezzan then establish a treaty and become too economically dependent to fight any more

and at the end reinhards happy again
Feb 25, 2014 1:15 PM

Sep 2008
I love how that Alliance sound mixer played clappign track from the archive. Kaiser is annoying kid, but )I guess that happens when you are given free reign to do anything you want.
Apr 11, 2014 6:57 PM

Jun 2012
That scene where the FPA board was pouring wine into teacups and Julian's cough... Brilliant XD
Aug 6, 2014 5:21 AM

Nov 2013
Mhmm, guessing Yang is aware of the possibility of the Empire using the Phezzan Corridor but he doesn't wish to say it aloud as it suggests that Phezzan is no longer a neutral entity. Could put a lot more pressure on the FPA.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 26, 2014 11:43 PM

Dec 2013
Ninah said:
the alliance really doesnt have justice on the side, by this point im vainly hoping reinhard will wipe out the whole government structure

afterwards somehow yang will be able to help rebuild it and theyll team up to destroy phezzan then establish a treaty and become too economically dependent to fight any more

and at the end reinhards happy again
GOD You need to become one of the writers. I extremely want this to happen!! However I rather doubt it....:(

I've had enough of Dick Truniht's f*ckface. I really want Yang to rebel and wipe them out. Make them beg for forgiveness, then Yang can team up with Reinhard and have a happy ending XDD. But I doubt this well happen...

Again things are looking grim for Yang...Hopefully Reinhard doesn't fall too far into darkness..I'm still rooting for him....
Nov 5, 2014 10:16 AM

Mar 2012
LittleIsland said:
wtf wrong with that brat Kaiser?

He was extremely spoiled is what's wrong with him. The fact that they have to drug him to stop his tantrums....
Feb 28, 2015 6:31 AM

Aug 2014
This was a great episode. We got to see how the world reacted to these events and how each side tried to do their own propaganda spin of how they decided to present the events to the public.
Feb 28, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2012
Ooh that sure was nice and well this is going to be quite interesting what happens next!
May 28, 2015 1:03 AM
Nov 2014
Nice episode, more like a setup for a big war that is gonna be so good :o
Jun 9, 2015 1:53 PM

Aug 2013
The Alliance admitting to having the Kaiser is a big mistake. Let the Empire make their accusations, at least public opinion won't be divided since there is many within the Alliance who'll believe in a conspiracy theory. The politicians, particularly Trunith are overplaying their hands when it comes to the Empire.
Jun 28, 2015 2:00 AM

Dec 2013
Mainly set up. Definitely curious about Reinhard's plan.
Mar 23, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
You're free to think, but never free to speak.
Apr 26, 2016 9:02 AM

Nov 2012
I was re-watching LOGH for the 4th time and this episode 38 I noticed something. As they announced Merkatz as the secretary of the Military (at 10:50), the note on the side of his picture is is some complete French gibberish. It talks about some rare edition of a book and has no reason to be there. I guess they just had to add some random text.
As I Speak French this was so bizarre. I'd think the the main language of the FPA would be English or some derivative of it but not French.
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

Apr 26, 2016 9:25 AM

Jun 2013
Kirko said:
I was re-watching LOGH for the 4th time and this episode 38 I noticed something. As they announced Merkatz as the secretary of the Military (at 10:50), the note on the side of his picture is is some complete French gibberish. It talks about some rare edition of a book and has no reason to be there. I guess they just had to add some random text.
As I Speak French this was so bizarre. I'd think the the main language of the FPA would be English or some derivative of it but not French.

I guess that was supposed to be just random placeholder text, but yeah, that was unusual since it was implied that the Alliance's official language is English.
Apr 26, 2016 10:37 AM

Nov 2012
MagisterArcanum said:
Kirko said:

I guess that was supposed to be just random placeholder text, but yeah, that was unusual since it was implied that the Alliance's official language is English.

Yeah, they probably wouldn't guess that people like me watching it for a fourth time would start noticing details like these ;-)
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

May 8, 2016 6:27 PM

Jun 2010
Truniht has been the archetypal awful politician for the whole series but everything he said in his speech was true. Of especial import is that he's right that it's not possible to coexist with Reinhard. He wants total conquest; he insists on war.

I think this character gets a pretty shallow treatment; just because he's selfish and unprincipled doesn't mean he can't be right about anything. Getting unscrupulous people to do the right thing for the wrong reason is a strength of democratic government if it isn't too corrupt. He's just a symbol for the dysfunction of the Alliance and doesn't represent contemplation of any ideas like has been happening since the second batch of episodes started.
Jun 11, 2016 6:10 AM

Aug 2014
It seems like the Alliance are going to have their hands full in this upcoming war :/
Oct 5, 2016 4:53 PM

Mar 2016
"If it were a 16 year old girl, the degree of enthusiasm would be higher".
Oh Schenkopp lol. They spent an unusual amount of time discussing his and Poplan's romantic pursuits too.
That was a great episode in general, and I like how the general events were foreshadowed with that corny tv drama that appeared earlier in the series.
Aure0linOct 5, 2016 4:56 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 1, 2017 10:51 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All is politcs, and there is one think is sure "we are in the Lonenghan Dinasty"...

This false goverment of the Empire out their territory is just theter, Reinhard win because has a excuse to begin a great war, and Phezzan too because win more money and will be not destroyed!!!

Basic politic!!
Jan 30, 2018 4:15 AM

May 2016
That brat sure is annoying, this plot is pretty dense I didn't understand most of it but still was entertaining.
Sep 2, 2018 1:00 PM
Apr 2018
I can't help but feel sorry for Yang WenLi; I'm 100% sure the Alliance will be destroyed. As someone pointed out it seems Iserlohn won't be as useful as it has been.
Sep 20, 2018 11:18 PM

Feb 2017
Truniht and Reinhard said complete opposite things in their speeches. The Alliance says they accept the Kaiser fleeing from a tyrant. The Empire says they strive to bring back their Kaiser from terrorist abduction. If the citizens don't think their galactic political situation is a joke by now, they never will.
Jan 12, 2019 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
I dont understand why so many people hate on the young Kaiser. What do you expect him to do? Give wise political speeches? He's just a 7 year old thrown into this violent and corrupt world, of course he'll rebel against everything.
Mar 5, 2019 4:11 PM

Aug 2017
"Are we playing some kind of TV anime heroes or what?" - Poplan is breaking the 4th wall :D
Nov 3, 2019 11:23 PM

Oct 2012
Looks like the real war is coming this time.. for real I think xD
RIP Iserlohn in advance

I just have one wish, for the Empire to blast away these Phezzan guys
They're just parasites..
Also the FPA leaders, especially "that guy" I forgot his name Thurnilt or something
"Signature removed"
Dec 26, 2019 5:19 PM

Nov 2016
As always, Yang connected the dots.

On the other hand we got Reinhard with his epic declaration. Things really seem to go his way. I was actually hoping he would declare war on Phezzan, but for now he's probably going to use them a bit more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.