Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 21, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2014
Fluxje said:

If this has the potential to become a One Piece, but in a mmorpg genre, than I would never stop watching it :)

except that is 12 episodes. This will end on nothing in that case.

Antanaru said:
@Shrimperor Oh they would, they would feel like the usual crap where nothing has any actual meaning or impact on anything. Slow pace is perfect for a show focusing on character development. People change slowly and this show is pretty good at showing it. I was afraid Merry would open to the rest of the party too soon like you would see in most series where it's a matter of one talk or whatever minor event. Luckily, here it's done right. There was awkwardness, tension, measuring each other and most importantly time. Thanks to that these characters are believable and actually grow and change. It's an important distinction, you feel they change instead of being changed for the plot convenience.

they could've done it without being Generic or convenient. The Insert Songs for Example, they alone make up an epsiode
or some scenes in the first 3 epsiodes which really had no meaning.
Feb 21, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2009
Shrimperor said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
You know. It's wrong expectations. People probably wanted yet another SAO-like action fantasy but got SoL drama with a bit of action. And they are complaining because they didn't get what they wanted.

Actually, i think it's more of hoooooooow slow it is, or atleast in my case. Especially with the insert Songs everywhere. Those 7 Episodes could've been easily done in 3-4 episodes and it wouldn't have felt rushed at all.

For me is just fine. If you find the show boring — drop it. I don't get the people who complain every ep but continue watching.
Feb 21, 2016 11:22 AM

Aug 2015
The songs were nice and fitting, why are some people mad about it?

Feb 21, 2016 11:33 AM
Jul 2015
That insert song was pretty bad. The whole lyrics was in english but the singer sang it in engrish.
Feb 21, 2016 11:34 AM

Sep 2014
It's like every single episode now they need to bring up the fact that Manato is gone. Manato, the only character I liked in this show. It hurts.
Feb 21, 2016 11:35 AM

Aug 2008
@Shrimperor Insert songs are a way to speed things up actually. They are basically montages showing you what is going on with characters and allowing a glimpse at the world as well. It's a different matter if the song itself fits (I would prefer more quiet and sublime instrumental pieces instead) but as you can see in the comments, it might be publisher's fault for shoehorning in their singers.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 21, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2015
All of them got new skills and equipment. The Light Novel pays more focus on that so I’ll tell you what exactly. The anime has already passed the point where this should be explained so it's no spoiler territory and safe :)

- Haurhiro got himself a set of leather armor which gives him more protection but more importantly a psychological boon. He doesn’t see the necessity for a new dagger since he’s fine with the one he had. Yeah the loss of the dagger is actually anime original and I think it will play a big role in the next episode. His new skill basically allows him to scout and set up ambushes which is a valuable thing, especially for them.

- Shihoru got a new set of clothing because her old one began to tear apart. I don’t know if she got a new staff in the anime but staffs don’t strenghten your magic anyway. She aquired a new spell which lets the enemy sleep and unless he isn’t hit ( even by Goblin allies ) he won’t wake for a time.

- Yume got herself a set of leather armor and a cloak which is normal for hunters. Once again I want to emphasize that they have been using second hear gear from their guild all the time. She got a dodge skill which gives her more agility and another skill that allows her to aim better. All in all Yume seems to slowly balance more on using the bow.

- Ranta also got himself a helmet because he is at the front lines. And yes it is supposed to look dumb. The other actually make fun of him because of it. He also spent almost all of his money on a new longsword which is plainly stupid. Even Haru knows that. He also got himself a combat roll skill and a trust that functions as a dash.

- Mogzo got the expected helmet and also a full set of plate armor. The group had to scratch together nearly all their money to buy him all that but he has to fulfill a key role for their group so it’s necessary. Mogzo got himself the skill "War cry" which stuns the enemy for a short time and draws attention to him.

- Mary is already far superior to the rest of the group so she doesn’t need to get new equipment

They mentioned something about the Goblins having actual social life and a gender. The light novels gives the reader a little bit more information about that.

The Goblins that are in Damrow were once under the control of the Death King but they revolted. They started a riot and pretty much left his army and Damrow is where they all ended up. Now there are fights about territory between the Goblins.

Those who are strong are able to life in the central of the city, those who are banished from their groups because they are weak leave the center and settle down where our party hunts. So far they've basically hunted the weaker individuals of the Goblin race.

Still some banned Goblins start to team up and try to gain more territory. Those goblins in episode 4 that killed Manato are one of those groups for example.

Hope this could help to clarify some things.

Also personally I loved how they adapted this episode.

I really love how Mary's ex ally said the he is sure he took her with him out of the mines but she is still "somehow down there"

This also applies to our group. They can't move on from this place. They could go hunt elsewhere but Manato's death always draws them back to this town. They don't even ask themselves if they could hunt elsewhere, they just go to Damrow every single day. This kinda shows you how they haven't moved on. Especially Haru and his interactions with Manato in his mind shows that he maybe has made the least progress compared to the rest.

I also love the symbolism. In the montage that some people see as "useless" they show us 6 white birds while only one bird flies away. This could stand for Manato who moved on and left them behind. Later you can see 6 birds again which you could see as Mary finally being accepted into their group.
Feb 21, 2016 11:45 AM
Nov 2015
beast_regards said:
Kerozinn said:
what do people even see in this show?

I don't know myself.

When it finally got somewhere where group looks at least a bit competent, it's already became tiring after the SoL episode and pointless teen drama.

And that needless RPG-ish info dump in the end. C'mon, first you are trying to convince us how realistic it is, then you are flooding us with RPG mechanics, make your mind already.

I guess you're getting it wrong, maybe you should rewatch from EP-01 and watch out for the details.

They were not born in this world but seem to come from "our" world, if they are sucked into a game or if they transfered into a parallel world is not clear to this point though while their memories of their past before they came to Grimgar seems to be erased either by magic or technology.

Those RPG infos (like the "high level males" and other stuff like in previous episodes the Warrior crafted a toyplane or someone mentioned mobilephones and stuff are most likely part of an imperfect memory erase.
They subconsciously remember stuff like they mostlikely remember goblins from a videogame they played in the world they came from and their brain puts those "RPG terms" in unconsciously.

Overall this is my favorite show in the current season and i'll most likely start the lightnovel if they won't continue the anime next season.
Feb 21, 2016 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Haruhiro and his group are getting along with Mary!
Feb 21, 2016 11:51 AM

Nov 2009
So what is those mysterious visions of Haruhiro's where he sees where to hit? Some special rare skill? It's bound to show that he may be awkward socially and not look strong, but he's actually very talented and with potential to be among the best thieves ever, right?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 21, 2016 11:56 AM
Aug 2012
Paulo27 said:
The anime is doing a good job, if it wasn't "dragging" things with the songs it'd be wasting the entire first episode on things that don't matter. The anime original scenes are good and in line with the original story, they have done nothing wrong in that regard so far.
This is a good adaptation, and volume 2 is a lot faster, 4 episodes is more than enough.

You mean useless things like how the party was formed or Mogzo actually joined or how Ranta caused trouble for the party because of his selfishness at the very start........okay?

I am not saying the additions are bad (the Haru-Yume scene in episode 3 is actually one of my favorites) but some changes are......the battle where Manata died was much better and made more sense in the LN but not so much in the anime. Some changes were unnecessary.

They could have done volume 1 in 6-7 episodes with good pacing, leaving another 5-6 for volume 2. Volume 2 really can't be done in 4 episodes without rushing as it's more eventful. But it's better than having a extremely fast paced bad adaptation...that i will agree and i am liking the anime despite my complains.

CG said:
So what is those mysterious visions of Haruhiro's where he sees where to hit? Some special rare skill? It's bound to show that he may be awkward socially and not look strong, but he's actually very talented and with potential to be among the best thieves ever, right?

It will be talked about later. It's something other thieves can see as well. Think of it as a critical hit in RPG games for now.
Dragon_Slayer_XFeb 21, 2016 12:00 PM

Feb 21, 2016 11:59 AM

Nov 2011
beast_regards said:
OrangeJP said:
It's like a goblin genocide lol

Well, it's like their job.

When they finally got competent at it, everyone starts laughing at them.

I sympathize with them because of how many times I hunted Yian Ku-ku in Monster hunter. I was too noob to kill anything else back then so I just kept at it. Eventually my friends labelled me the Kut-ku killer :3

Also Haruhiro is really steeping up his leadership role. I have to admire that.
All this good feeling stuff makes me feel something bad will happen next ep.
Feb 21, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2016
Could that green light be a passive skill that Haruhiro has?

Good to see that they're leveling up, getting ready to avenge Manato.

Yume <3
Feb 21, 2016 12:09 PM

Feb 2015
I am worried about the pace of this show. It ambles along at a casual pace. I'm worried that it will basically just stop after 12 episodes, I'm still not seeing much of an overall story but the character development is nice enough.

I think this should have been a 2 cour show, only time will tell as to how they will wrap this up.
Feb 21, 2016 12:10 PM
Feb 2016
love the new still in the ending!

wonder what will make Mary smile :(
Feb 21, 2016 12:11 PM

Apr 2010
Ranta is a tsundere.
The way he reacted all shy like that was funny.

And the group seems to be doing well to the point where they could start moving on if they want.
Tho i guess the first part of moving on is taking out that group that killed Manato that's basically their nemesis, at least it's suggested to be.
And there is also Mary she still seems a bit distant.
Feb 21, 2016 12:13 PM

Oct 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You mean useless things like how the party was formed or Mogzo actually joined or how Ranta caused trouble for the party because of his selfishness at the very start........okay?

Or the 5 Minute Boob talk :p

Antanaru said:
@Shrimperor Insert songs are a way to speed things up actually. They are basically montages showing you what is going on with characters and allowing a glimpse at the world as well. It's a different matter if the song itself fits (I would prefer more quiet and sublime instrumental pieces instead) but as you can see in the comments, it might be publisher's fault for shoehorning in their singers.

Could've been done in 2 Min. instead of 6 Minute Insert songs. Especially first Ep
6 freaking Minutes.
6 Minutes + 5 Minutes Boob Talk = Half ep nothing.
Feb 21, 2016 12:13 PM

Dec 2015
Yume and dat booty T^T
Feb 21, 2016 12:17 PM

Aug 2015
Oh god, another insert song. Decent episode I guess, it was nice seeing everyone's relationship with Mary get better and watch them get stronger. From what I've seen from the LN the next episode should be great.
Feb 21, 2016 12:21 PM

Feb 2015
the way they started the song, very good i like it, but after that, it was getting messed up a little bit. but overall i like the song :D
obviouslt they take the slow pace for the development. that way is more relaxing to watch imo :D and they were getting improvement on their skills, NICE! the action was pretty good imo :D
time to give a shit to the goblin who killed minato in the next episode :D
I'M WAITING FOR MARRY TO SMILE!!!

"This anime is focused more on drama rather than action"
just saying.
Feb 21, 2016 12:24 PM

Nov 2011
Things I liked about this episode;
Ranta...wait Ranta? Yes dude kept it 100 the entire episode, even apologized as well. I still don't like him but he was solid in this episode, also got that sweet new helm.
Moguzo still makes me laugh constantly.
Shihoru actually talking for once. It built her as a character a little bit, granted its a shy character but it's building.
Haruhiro realizing he has some crazy power, along with everyone else leveling up is cool too.
That Haruhiro and Yume moment <333
And finally Yume's ass...as glorious as ever.
Things I hated;
Haruhiro notices his dagger and never shows up again in the episode, I was pissed about that.(Until I saw the preview and saw the Purple Goblin comes back so HOPEFULLY he gets his dagger back)
The Insert song...the song itself was good and I get it was an uplifting song but seeing them level up and fight Goblins is what I want to see, not damn Montages! I mean They can montage through them buying armor I'm alright with that, but give me some more ACTION!
Haruhiro telling Mary about Manato and then cutting to them walking home...why, that just seemed extremely awkward. Any time I have to check my video to make sure it didn't skip ahead means in my opinion it was a shit part.

Overall I liked the episode, and hopefully we get some action next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 21, 2016 12:24 PM

Apr 2015
Shrimperor said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Or the 5 Minute Boob talk :p

Antanaru said:

Could've been done in 2 Min. instead of 6 Minute Insert songs. Especially first Ep
6 freaking Minutes.
6 Minutes + 5 Minutes Boob Talk = Half ep nothing.

Don't know where you get all that from but the first episode had no montage at all. The first one was in episode 2 which is way shorter than you try to tell us here.
Also 5 minutes? Why do you have to blow everything so out of proportion? Since when is talking about something like that for not even 2 minutes ( get your numbers right okey? ) such a crime? People really like to throw something so minor into this show's face again and again.

Also those montages ( that never passed the 4 minute mark by the way ) you think could have been such shorter actually contain more meaning than you think. You can easily interpret something every single second. But hey, if you are that opposed to it right from the start where could you possibly see its meaning and why it needed every single second.
FappaFeb 21, 2016 12:28 PM
Feb 21, 2016 12:26 PM
Jan 2016
Frankly, the only things that really interest me at this point is Haru's growth as the leader and his relations with Yume. The other characters are either annoying (Ranta) boring and bland (Shihoru) or just "alright" (Mogzo and Mary)
I hope they do something about this in future episodes.
Also, at this pace I've got the feeling that the anime(or the first season) will end with them just getting the badge and maybe some emotional stuff to go with it. I wouldn't mind the pace at all if this was a longer series, but in just 12 episodes there's not much they can cram in with such slow story progression.

I like the character development though, that is probably the strongest point of the series.
Feb 21, 2016 12:27 PM

Nov 2011
Isuru said:
Could that green light be a passive skill that Haruhiro has?

Good to see that they're leveling up, getting ready to avenge Manato.

Yume <3
That's what I was thinking too. He probably gained something from killing so many Goblins. Considering many people buy there Soldier Badges and go onto badder enemies maybe this is something you can only get from killing so many Gobs and not many people know about it. That would be cool.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 21, 2016 12:45 PM

Jan 2015
Lol there are people who are complaining about insert songs in an anime? Wow you must be living a fucking good life to complain about such nonsense.

I kinda see now why this anime went for the slow pacing, the fruits of that slow build off are starting to show now. This episode also had good dialogue to close off whatever happened after Manato's death. Although I did complain about the slow melodrama I'm kinda starting to really pick this anime up.
Feb 21, 2016 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
They are finally getting better. Hopefully Mary will open up to them soon. Hopefully more development comes in the next episodes.
Feb 21, 2016 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
Jesus when are they going to get over Manato's death?

Episode was meh. Ranta actually made sense for once at the beginning of the episode.

The slow progression still irritates me and oh god another insert song. Well good job ruining the overall mood of the episode.
Feb 21, 2016 1:09 PM
Feb 2009
Finally Mary's opening up to the crew and she's hella cute and I like their title: Goblin Slayerslol
Feb 21, 2016 1:09 PM
Jan 2016
Z4k said:
Jesus when are they going to get over Manato's death?

Episode was meh. Ranta actually made sense for once at the beginning of the episode.

The slow progression still irritates me and oh god another insert song. Well good job ruining the overall mood of the episode.

Blah Blah Blah, I hate insert song, blah blah blah its slow blah blah blah. What is it you people freaking want.

An anime comes along that does an excellent job adapting the light novel and focusing on building up the characters as though they are real individuals (not OP Kirito-sama's) and all I see is complaint after complaint that its too slow and people literally ignoring details so as to come to arbitrary and lame conclusions. It's freaking ridiculous, while yes insert songs can be horrible (when handled horribly) I believe that they did good on these ones especially seeing as Toho forced them into the anime's production.
Feb 21, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
Can A-1 literally do any show that he isn't teen drama maybe with some ffantasy element thrown in? At this rate expect Phoenix Wright to revolve around Maya and some relationship melodrama with Phoenix or something and fkr them to overemphasize every potentially melodramatic scene
Feb 21, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2010
That was really nice. Mary's really growing on me. But Yume is still #1. Can't help but love her so much and every fanservice shot of her is 10/10

Loved the progress they've made. They really feel like a proficient party now :D

Are we finally gonna move from GOblins!!! YES!!
Feb 21, 2016 1:24 PM

Sep 2015
the show should have gotten 24 episodes, they need more time to develope the characters and the story. so far it still feels like a longer introduction to me.

hopefully they get ova's or a 2nd season

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Can A-1 literally do any show that he isn't teen drama maybe with some ffantasy element thrown in? At this rate expect Phoenix Wright to revolve around Maya and some relationship melodrama with Phoenix or something and fkr them to overemphasize every potentially melodramatic scene

grimgar hasn't much in common with a teen drama.

Feb 21, 2016 1:32 PM
Aug 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

i have no idea how mourning the dead is supposed to be teen drama

when one of the only people you actually know and care about dies the correct response would be fuck it, who needed him?

People complain about sao's pacing being shit and then coplain about this being too slow, why do you even bother watching stuff when you clearly only want to complain about something
Feb 21, 2016 1:33 PM

Sep 2010
Ever since I gave up on this show, it's much better to watch it.

Originally I had some expectations that were crushed... my expectations were for good LN adaptation... it's definitely is not, but after I accept this fact the show is still not bad to watch.

Right now they are building up the ending of first novel. I wonder where the show will go from there. Actually I never thought I will say it but it would be nice to get anime original ending. I mean as the LN adaptation it's extremely disappointing but as an anime, it's... well not that bad and at the very least the makers of it try to do something original. Even if one time it goes worse other even more worse, it's wrong to not give some points for an effort.

Then again, I don't think that this is good LN adaptation... anime is watch-able and enjoyable... still if I wasn't LN reader I would probably drop it by now.

In it's own way, this situation blows up my mind.

I can't like it but I can't hate it I guess? In this case the finally question is? Will I watch it till the end?

YEP...

Then in my book it's a good anime after all.
Feb 21, 2016 1:39 PM

Oct 2008
Well, idk. So far this is the best show in the genre.
I think it feels a lot more realistic, than any other before.
Def going to rate above any previous mmo themed stuff, if they don't mess up the ending too badly. Up to this point everything is fine, so i don't think i'll have to worry about that either.
Feb 21, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2014
i like the show i know is slow but it have style
well imo i like it
i did not read the manga but i don´t care if it is slow or fast
i think they are different things
like to watch a film and read a book,is not the same
to watch a film based on a book
or to read a book based on a film(hahhah worst)
anime based on manga and manga based on anime....different things
Sunakko-ch4nFeb 21, 2016 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
I honestly can't stand the fanservice in this show. The amount of it in this episode was equal to that one in the first.
I wouldn't have mind it as long as it wasn't too much on the screen. Seriously, it distracts a lot.

By the way, anyone counted how many times Haruhiro said "goblins"?

The conversations were so dull this time.
Oct 2015
Ranta is coming out of his shell and I love it. I dont think people understand Ranta isn't supposed to be a good person- he's a bitch, hes negative, he tries too hard, and hes terrible and coping, and terrible at communicating his feelings.
I have to say, even if Yume is my second favorite character- she bugged me in this episode. Ranta was making an attempt to talk about how he felt and it was turned into a joke. I feel like that's probably her way of telling him 'its alright', but he needs someone to talk to- more accurately, someone to listen to him- someone who can talk him down when he gets angry and help him. He needs help, there's clearly something wrong with him.

BESIDES THAT the way they opened the episode was jarring. I liked it a lot. Mary is one of my favorite characters now, Grimgar does a good job of building characters up slowly just like how you would meet someone in real life.
An unpopular opinion is that I absolutely adore the slow pace of the show as well as the insert songs. It feels natural- there are a lot of shows out there that want to bang out as much as they can as fast as they can, but you can tell a good story slowly too.
Feb 21, 2016 1:49 PM

Oct 2011
Goblin Slayers <33

They are warming up to Mary Awww

Dat insert song <333
Feb 21, 2016 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
Richinaru said:
Blah Blah Blah, I hate insert song, blah blah blah its slow blah blah blah. What is it you people freaking want.

An anime comes along that does an excellent job adapting the light novel and focusing on building up the characters as though they are real individuals (not OP Kirito-sama's) and all I see is complaint after complaint that its too slow and people literally ignoring details so as to come to arbitrary and lame conclusions. It's freaking ridiculous, while yes insert songs can be horrible (when handled horribly) I believe that they did good on these ones especially seeing as Toho forced them into the anime's production.

Calm down geez. The insert songs aren't even the only problem here. What I want from this show is to get over some character's death who we barely knew anything about and try to move on with the plot because I don't want the anime to end with "Go read the LN" ending. I would've been aright with the slow progression if the characters were interesting like Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. But nope, the anime fails to make up for it even there. The characters are bland with the exception of Ranta and their interactions with each other have been mundane and downright stupid at times.

The show has a lot of potential yet it keeps on wasting it. I want them to explore the setting. Show them interacting with other characters. Some worldbuilding. Anything but them moping around for another goddamn episode and the long pointless buttshots.
Z4KFeb 21, 2016 2:01 PM
Feb 21, 2016 2:17 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was better than most but the show is still too slow paced for me. The art is great, the music fits perfectly, if only things proceeded at a movie's pace rather than at a book's pace it would easy get higher ratings

Feb 21, 2016 2:23 PM

May 2015
Why the fuck would you cry about insert songs? Lmao. Anyway, great episode again. I still have no problem with the pacing of this show, it's doing a great job so far in my opinion. I'm loving how they're getting better and closer as a group, great thing to see.

Feb 21, 2016 2:40 PM

Jan 2015
Jesus every time I think this show does something right it just goes completely the opposite way. I never want to hear an insert song after this series holy shit, when fans complain about the pacing it's because of shit like that, and not to mention that they changed some of the dialogue and location places which is annoying.

At least they got Haruhiro's speech to Mary correct.

Oh and Yume has been getting way too much screen time.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 21, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2015
Really nice episode.

Yume's ass is all over the place.
Feb 21, 2016 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
Z4k said:
Richinaru said:

Calm down geez. The insert songs aren't even the only problem here. What I want from this show is to get over some character's death who we barely knew anything about and try to move on with the plot because I don't want the anime to end with "Go read the LN" ending. I would've been aright with the slow progression if the characters were interesting like Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. But nope, the anime fails to make up for it even there. The characters are bland with the exception of Ranta and their interactions with each other have been mundane and downright stupid at times.

The show has a lot of potential yet it keeps on wasting it. I want them to explore the setting. Show them interacting with other characters. Some worldbuilding. Anything but them moping around for another goddamn episode and the long pointless buttshots.

In case you missed it. The intention behind his death is not to be all sad. Yes we did barely know him and so did they. That's exactly why he died. It is supposed to show us how fast someone can die in this world. You make small progress towards each other ( Shihoru Manato scene as well as their break scene ) but in a blink of an eye all this can just die off. Before you even get to know that person, he/she simply dies. This world has no mercy and complete works according to nature. More so his death is supposed to knock some sense into them and make them learn of their mistakes. So let the characters grieve.

If you, without any experience of death due to your memory loss, loose one of the only persons you have in this world and this serious situation you grieve. I know it must be somewhat unbelievably for people like you and me who are dull towards topics like killing and death due to movies, games and the media but the thing is...they all don't have this. Things like this influence and hit them way harder than us. I thought episode 2 taught you that already :?

You can actually watch them go through the phases of sorrow, which children even get taught in school.

Shock -> Denial -> Blaming yourself or others -> Talking about others with it -> Key action to move on.

Their psychological development through this traumatizing experience is more realistic this way than just jump up, say "fuck it" and do what you always did.

So you think they are bland. Well fair, your opinion. I just think people easily miss so many things this show tries to tell us. There is a lot of symbolism, subtle hints and reading between the lines. Besides those characters still try to find themselves, they forgotten who they are exactly after all.

Also this is one of the rare cases where this show doesn't throw you a "I have to beat the bad guy" or "I have to get stronger in order to protect" goal in the face right off the bat. It's show don't tell. Right now their goal is simply to survive. What awaits us once they've managed become proper Crimson moon members and live somewhat decently? Who knows? That's what this show will explore by telling it's story. Can't blame you, since it's quite uncommon in these days of generic anime thrown at us left and right but it's just how it works here.

Pretty much all you want is what you will get, it just takes time. Why? Cause it's following the freaking pace of the LN. No skipping, no rush nothing. It's literally a LN animated and you have to be patient there. Besides, many things hint towards a multiple season adaptation.
FappaFeb 21, 2016 2:57 PM
Feb 21, 2016 3:02 PM
Oct 2014
Dear creators,

Please stop trying to make half assed music videos in the middle of my anime. Thank you.

Sincerely, Everyone.
Feb 21, 2016 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
How people can call this show "perfect" is beyond me. Like wtf talks about flat chests=/=perfection. And the awful fan service, the awful characters positions, the clichè story, all in all this is pretty shit.
Feb 21, 2016 3:10 PM

Jun 2015
The ghost of Manato past just keeps showing up..... [good part]

and haru seems to keep fallin in love with him...... [bad part]

kinda gross
Feb 21, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
People just cant appreciate good call moments with chill songs... Sad...
Even more sad to see some ecchi anime-konosuba- having a higher score than this masterpiece
Feb 21, 2016 3:22 PM
Jan 2016
richard_maximus said:
Dear creators,

Please stop trying to make half assed music videos in the middle of my anime. Thank you.

Sincerely, Everyone.

As has been stressed countless times before. Blame the publishers, be grateful the inserts arent poorly shoehorned in and the cuts that they are featured in are actually conducive to the development of the plot.

KuraiTomu said:
How people can call this show "perfect" is beyond me. Like wtf talks about flat chests=/=perfection. And the awful fan service, the awful characters positions, the clichè story, all in all this is pretty shit.

I really dont understand people like you, I dont think I ever will. Youre willfully ignorant of the aspects that make the anime/LN a wonderful change-up to the fantasy genre and choose to focus on its negatives. Really all you care about is the minimal fanservice in this anime. Its not even freaking bad compared to others that have been released. Give me a freaking break.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

465 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Today, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

389 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 27, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.