Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2016 9:44 PM

Sep 2015
Let's talk about something that doesn't often get talked about in these forums which is sexist anime characters. Not too long ago I re-watched Fate/Zero, and though I still love the series very much I found Gilgamesh to be extremely sexist, funny but sexist. I re-watched that one scene where Gilgamesh is proposing to Saber while throwing swords at her, he tells her to lay down her sword and become his bride and when she refuses he literally throws more swords at her saying that he never asked for her opinion and she will do as he says. Very awesome/funny scene and yet so sexist. So other than that which anime characters do you think are sexist?

ya_halloFeb 3, 2016 10:03 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2016 9:45 PM

Oct 2014
Karin

She's also pretty sexy if I do say so myself.
Feb 3, 2016 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
ya_hallo said:
Let's talk about something that doesn't often get talked about in these forums which is sexist anime characters. Not too long ago I re-watched Fate/Zero, and though I still love the series very much I found Gilgamesh to be extremely sexist, funny but sexist. I re-watched that one scene where Gilgamesh is proposing to Saber while throwing swords at her, he tells her to lay down her sword and become his bride and when she refuses he literally throws more swords at her saying that he never asked for her opinion and she will do as he says. Very awesome/funny scene and yet so sexist. So other than that which anime characters do you think are sexist?

Is this a bait thread?
I honestly can't tell.

Feb 3, 2016 9:50 PM

Sep 2015
TitanAnteus said:
ya_hallo said:

Is this a bait thread?

Nope. I'm afraid it's not. Sorry. =)
Feb 3, 2016 9:50 PM

Sep 2015
First off, I'm just gonna say that you have probably opened pandora's box with this thread.

And secondly, that's just Gilgamesh's character. He's just a straight up dick to everyone he meets. I think there's only 3 times where I've seen him be nice to someone. Personally, I don't think I've ever seen an anime be sexist when it wasn't trying to be. I mean sure there's ecchi and some comedy anime that use sexist jokes but I don't ever see that as a problem.
amk_2397Feb 3, 2016 9:57 PM
Feb 3, 2016 10:01 PM

Sep 2015
amk_2397 said:
First off, I'm just gonna say that you have probably opened pandora's box with this thread.

And secondly, that's just Gilgamesh's character. He's just a straight up dick to everyone he meets. I think there's only 3 times where I've seen him be nice to someone. Personally, I don't think I've ever seen an anime be sexist when it wasn't trying to be. I mean sure there's ecchi and some comedy anime that use sexist jokes but I don't ever see that as a problem.

Pandora's box? Do you mean the Holy Grail? =) LOLOLOLOL.
Feb 3, 2016 10:04 PM

Sep 2015
ya_hallo said:
amk_2397 said:

Pandora's box? Do you mean the Holy Grail? =) LOLOLOLOL.
Fuck how did I not think of that. Well played
Feb 3, 2016 10:11 PM

Sep 2015
Hahahahahahahahah.......Mikasa.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 3, 2016 10:12 PM
Oct 2014
Well, Gilgamesh is based on a half-human half-god criature from a civilization 3000+ years old, and he was a king, you expect him to be nice and protect the women rights?
Also, Shirou from Stay Night is sexist, he says he dont want Saber to fight because she is a girl and too cute for that...
Feb 3, 2016 10:15 PM

Sep 2015
-Senpai- said:
Haha I was waiting to see if anyone mentioned that user's argument.
Feb 3, 2016 10:22 PM

Nov 2014
Gilgamesh isn't a sexist, OP. If anything he's a people-ist.
FCT77 said:

Also, Shirou from Stay Night is sexist, he says he dont want Saber to fight because she is a girl and too cute for that...

Oh come on. She was about to fight something that looked like a big foot pumping with magical energy.
Feb 3, 2016 10:48 PM
Jul 2015
FCT77 said:

Bait intensifies.

Feb 3, 2016 11:07 PM

Nov 2009
If you're actually looking for a meaningful discussion about sexism in anime, I don't think it's such a good idea to illustrate a meme as one of your prime example. Just putting that out there...
Feb 3, 2016 11:09 PM

Aug 2014
xenovibe said:
If you're actually looking for a meaningful discussion about sexism in anime, I don't think it's such a good idea to illustrate a meme as one of your prime example. Just putting that out there...

In general, there won't be a maningful discussion about sexism because of certain people who are extremely feminist and thinks if a woman falls = sexist.
Feb 4, 2016 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
Gilgamesh isn't sexist, he just has a different moral code than the rest of us (is what have being an spirit of 3000 years).

Shirou isn't sexist too, that was just DEEN screwing things.
Feb 4, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 2014
Soon, this thread will become a baiting den.

inb4 "it already is"
Feb 4, 2016 12:47 AM

Mar 2014
Gilgamesh is just a complete dick in general, it's not limited to sexism.
Feb 4, 2016 1:19 AM

Jul 2013
Gilgamesh is everything bad you could think of.

Also

This fucker right here.

Feb 4, 2016 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
Sooooo....this is just another Fate thread...

Gil hates everyone OP...he's one of the most narcissistic characters of all time.

Rin still best girl BTW...
Feb 4, 2016 1:34 AM

Oct 2014
http://myanimelist.net/character/97761/Jibril

probs some other chicks i'm forgetting but i thought Jibril's character design looked nice :D
Feb 4, 2016 2:03 AM

Nov 2015
-Senpai- said:

Can't tell if you're being serious or spoofing this certain other user.
OT: Shirou, Sakura, basically the whole cast of SAO..
Feb 4, 2016 2:05 AM

Apr 2014
A discussion about sexism, is this MAL or Buzzfeed?
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
Feb 4, 2016 2:28 AM

Mar 2014
Shigatsu and Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan are both anime that are full of misandristic women that like to abuse the MC just 4 da lulz (Shigatsu is also hypocritical because it expects us to feel bad for the MC when his mother beats him up but at the same time we're supposed to laugh when that blonde idiot and the childhood friend abuse him just as much)

As for misogynistic anime... well there's Mitsu x Mitsu Drops where the female MC is verbally and sexually abused by a bunch of idiots 25/7 (but it's ok because they are hot xD) and Fate/Zero because of Saber and the way she was written and the other characters treated her - it actually made me yell at the computer screen a couple of times because of how sexist it was (then again Urobutcher is a known misogynist so it didn't exactly surprise me)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 4, 2016 2:33 AM

Aug 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Shigatsu and Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan are both anime that are full of misandristic women that like to abuse the MC just 4 da lulz (Shigatsu is also hypocritical because it expects us to feel bad for the MC when his mother beats him up but at the same time we're supposed to laugh when that blonde idiot and the childhood friend abuse him just as much)

As for misogynistic anime... well there's Mitsu x Mitsu Drops where the female MC is verbally and sexually abused by a bunch of idiots 25/7 (but it's ok because they are hot xD) and Fate/Zero because of Saber and the way she was written and the other characters treated her - it actually made me yell at the computer screen a couple of times because of how sexist it was (then again Urobutcher is a known misogynist so it didn't exactly surprise me)

the bait is strong in this...really strong....waiting for someone to take it
Feb 4, 2016 2:36 AM

Mar 2014
ultravigo said:
Comic_Sans said:

"Bait"? What bait? OP asked us to list a couple of sexist anime characters and explain why we thought they were sexist and I answered his question

Different opinion ≠ bait
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 4, 2016 2:50 AM

Aug 2015
Comic_Sans said:
ultravigo said:

"Bait"? What bait? OP asked us to list a couple of sexist anime characters and explain why we thought they were sexist and I answered his question

Different opinion ≠ bait

you know comic san is always right...ALWAYS...forgive this puny human
Feb 4, 2016 2:57 AM

Mar 2015
lets not forget what most sexist anime ever i watch is actually targetted for woman. "diabolic lovers". dropped instantly in second episode. already forgotten which scane that break my patience.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 4, 2016 3:13 AM

Jun 2015
Every non-feminine female character.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Feb 4, 2016 3:19 AM

Jan 2015
Inferno cop is a sexist. He is even a sexist to his own oriented gender. He is an enemy of the PCs in the first place
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Feb 4, 2016 4:03 AM

Nov 2009
katsaroulhs said:

The topic is called "sexist anime characters" (meaning "anime characters who let other people's sex/gender and their preconceptions of that sex/gender cloud their judgement", not "sexiest anime characters" (meaning "most sexy anime characters").

Illyricus said:
Gilgamesh isn't sexist, he just has a different moral code than the rest of us (is what have being an spirit of 3000 years).

Gilgamesh is just sexist among other bad things he is. Sure, in his culture 3000 years ago everyone might have been sexist, but that doesn't excuse him - all the other heroes come from bad times too, but aren't as bad as him.

Shirou probably just didn't want Saber to risk her life (because he always prefers to risk his own, being the crazy suicidal hero he is) and used sexist rhetoric only to justify his conclusion.
Feb 4, 2016 4:11 AM

Jun 2015
flannan said:
katsaroulhs said:

The topic is called "sexist anime characters" (meaning "anime characters who let other people's sex/gender and their preconceptions of that sex/gender cloud their judgement", not "sexiest anime characters" (meaning "most sexy anime characters").

Thanks for the lesson.

Almost every non-feminine female character acts like a man hating feminist.

Therefore, sexist.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Feb 4, 2016 4:29 AM

Nov 2009
katsaroulhs said:
flannan said:

Thanks for the lesson.

Almost every non-feminine female character acts like a man hating feminist.

Therefore, sexist.

Thanks, I understand you now.
I disagree, and can give you some counter-examples, if you want.
Feb 4, 2016 4:33 AM

Jun 2015
Well I said almost. Plus "non-feminine" can be considered subjective I guess.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Feb 4, 2016 4:43 AM

Jul 2014
flannan said:

Illyricus said:

Gilgamesh is just sexist among other bad things he is.

No, he wasn't sexist he just treats other as mongrels. In his eyes he's a king his words doesn't need other people's opinion, that was applying to everyone not just female.
Feb 4, 2016 4:58 AM

Jun 2015
Every reverse harem and smut shoujos....abuse is okay cause they're hot. And there's one manga whose name I forgot, where its even worse.

And Shigatsu like Comic_Sans said. that anime pissed me off, especially the blonde b1tch...

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Feb 4, 2016 5:16 AM

Nov 2009
Was rapeman already mentioned here?
Feb 4, 2016 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
Whoops, thought sexist was sexiest *silently leaves thread*
Feb 4, 2016 5:23 AM

Apr 2014
the lack of akeno really disturbs me:

Feb 4, 2016 5:24 AM

Sep 2015
From what I've seen of Gilgamesh, it isn't that he's sexist so much that he just hates everyone and thinks everyone, regarldess of gender is beneath him.

Milk_is_Special said:

Sexist, not sexiest ^^
MazFeb 4, 2016 10:42 AM
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 4, 2016 5:25 AM

Apr 2014
ItsMaz said:
From what I've seen of Gilgamesh, it isn't that he's sexist so much that he just hates everyone and thinks everyone, regarldess of gender is beneath him.

Milk_is_Special said:

Sexist, not sexiest ^^
Well, I misread something, still hot though xD
Feb 4, 2016 5:27 AM

Sep 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
ItsMaz said:

Sexist, not sexiest ^^

It's spiced this thread up though :P Can't go wrong with a bit of Akeno
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 4, 2016 5:47 AM

Sep 2015
ItsMaz said:
Milk_is_Special said:

I'm just waiting for someone to call this sexist. I mean the bait is right there for the taking.
Feb 4, 2016 5:48 AM

Jun 2012
amk_2397 said:
ItsMaz said:

I'm just waiting for someone to call this sexist. I mean the bait is right there for the taking.
Eh, I would not be surprised if someone did, but then they would be missing something very important.

And I wish people would use spoiler tags for massive, page-elongating pictures.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 4, 2016 5:52 AM
Nov 2015
ItsMaz said:

Milk_is_Special said:

Sexist, not sexiest ^^

i second that...
ALSO THAT ASS!!!!!
Feb 4, 2016 6:18 AM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Fate/Zero because of Saber and the way she was written and the other characters treated her - it actually made me yell at the computer screen a couple of times because of how sexist it was (then again Urobutcher is a known misogynist so it didn't exactly surprise me)

I don't get it...how is that sexist?
Feb 4, 2016 6:21 AM
Nov 2015
ItsMaz said:
Milk_is_Special said:

can never go wrong with that BOOTY...
Feb 4, 2016 6:33 AM

Mar 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
Comic_Sans said:
Fate/Zero because of Saber and the way she was written and the other characters treated her - it actually made me yell at the computer screen a couple of times because of how sexist it was (then again Urobutcher is a known misogynist so it didn't exactly surprise me)

*Saber is summoned*
Everybody be like "OMG SO COOL THE REINCARNATION OF KING ARTHUR"

*Saber makes a minor mistake*
Everybody be like "BOOH IT'S CAUSE YOU'RE A WORTHLESS AND WEAK WOMYN FATE/STAY KITCHEN BITCH GO PLAY WITH YOUR DOLLS"
And Saber be like "Yeah maybe it's cuz I'm a weak womyn that I make mistakes, I better question my ideals nao because some douches told me I'm worthless because I've got a vag" instead of woman'ing up and telling them to STFU Sex doesn't mean shit and imma do what I want
Nico- said:
Feb 4, 2016 6:36 AM

Sep 2015
AltoRoark99 said:
Comic_Sans said:

Yeah I'm actually confused by this too. The only character I can recall who legitimately talked shit to Saber was Gilgamesh. Lancer and Caster both respected her for their own reasons. Assassin was... there. Berserker hated Saber for reasons that were definitely not sexist. I do remember Rider saying that he didn't acknowledge Saber's ideals as a king or something like that but that wasn't for sexist reasons. Were there characters who weren't Servants that thought less of Saber because she was a woman?

Also since nobody else has mentioned it I will. SAO is sexist.
amk_2397Feb 4, 2016 6:44 AM
Feb 4, 2016 6:37 AM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
AltoRoark99 said:

*Saber is summoned*

Everybody be like "BOOH IT'S CAUSE YOU'RE A WORTHLESS AND WEAK WOMYN FATE/STAY KITCHEN BITCH GO PLAY WITH YOUR DOLLS"
And Saber be like "Yeah maybe it's cuz I'm a weak womyn that I make mistakes, I better question my ideals nao because some douches told me I'm worthless because I've got a vag" instead of woman'ing up and telling them to STFU Sex doesn't mean shit and imma do what I want

When exactly did that happen? I haven't watched F/Z in a while so you'll need to refresh my memory on that.
Feb 4, 2016 6:39 AM

Mar 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
Comic_Sans said:
*Saber is summoned*

When exactly did that happen? I haven't watched F/Z in a while so you'll need to refresh my memory on that.
I'm not sure but I think it was in episode 8 or 9
Nico- said:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Has Kadokawa ever made an Anime or Manga made for children?

Tsubaki5386 - 1 hour ago

4 by Tirinchas »»
2 minutes ago

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

171 by Timeline_man »»
3 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

111 by lucio54 »»
5 minutes ago

» Is Poison Pontaro the most interesting villain in the last decade?

Catalano - Yesterday

9 by mshfqtny »»
7 minutes ago

» If you were asked to briefly describe Japan's popular animation studios, how would you do it?

Swyzen - 18 minutes ago

4 by Theo1899 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.