Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 24, 2016 12:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah that was interesting. We get to see more of Aina's past including her association with Fumitan and how she met some poorer kids on the street.

The episode was pretty tense as everyone is looking for Aina.
What I find more intense is how the military uses advanced weapons and actually fires in public against those that opposes them. Pretty discriminate imo.

Fumitan's decision to take the hit met for Aina shows her loyalty. ;_;
Predictable but still sad to see imo.

Jan 24, 2016 12:58 AM

Mar 2014
flag raising completed.  ( -̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷄◞ω◟-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷅ )
Jan 24, 2016 2:22 AM

Nov 2009
Bye-bye, Fumitan. We all knew that this was bound to happen, but it still was heart-wrenching, and I shed a few tears. What I would like to know now is to what degree Mika suspected Fumitan of being a traitor (because you never know with Mika, but it looks to me that, due to his highly sharpened and almost animalistic instincts, he can tell the nature of a person easily and determine with astounding accuracy whether or not he can trust them)

As I feared in the previous ep's threat, Barriston KNEW for a friggin fact just what he had Tekkadan carry and who was behind that cargo. He was using Nobliss for his own gains, like Nobliss is using Kudelia, and now those two sly ruthless geezers are going to team up. Talk about ominous.

GH's ways are BRUTAL. And I'm pleased to see that even someone as snobbish and airheaded like Gaelio isn't pleased with them. I can kinda see why he's McGillis' friend, despite his seemingly not being outstandingly bright or serious.

Kudelia is going to become a new Jeanne d'Ark, la Pucelle du Flame now.

On the bright side:
One, Kudelia is bound to go through some nice character development after this.
Two, Atra isn't the only girl who gets the honor of being carried by Mikazuki over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, so the shipping front is still undecided as ever. In fact, in the first half Mikazuki is caressing Atra's cheek (considering that it's Mikazuki, it could be anything, from real loving tenderness to friendly admiration and gratitude to just checking Atra's wounds), and in the second half he's staring intently at Kudelia, obviously very worried for her and silently sympathising.
Three, Mika's definitely going to be venting that anger and frustrations in the upcoming battle against GH (although it seems like Akihiro and Gusion will be more in the focus of that battle than Mikazuki, but still, we gotta see something from Mika as well, especially how he's gonna handle controls when his always supressed emotions are overflowing like that)

As always, waiting between eps is the most painful thing with this show.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 24, 2016 2:27 AM

Mar 2014
kind of dramatic, and ridiculous how could it be happened that those people who worked for TV station didn't even know Kudelia's appearance.
ButtSlapperJan 24, 2016 2:37 AM
Jan 24, 2016 3:06 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
That was quite tense.....it was the 1st time this Gundam series made me feel like that.

Gjallarhorn is one crafty trickster....

Fumitan, your loyalty was admirable......goodbye~

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 24, 2016 3:18 AM
Aug 2015
So they used the trick that the Japanese army used in World War II to justify their invasion of China where they start shit in their own camp and blaming the opposition for it.
Wouldn't that sniper rifle bullet go through Fumitan's body? Unless she's wearing armor underneath, which wouldn't be surprising considering her role in this.
This whole episode was cringe really, I was laughing at all the drama and shit. But there's a lot of blood in this though, and I can see the death of Atra, with that little moment between her and Mika.
Jan 24, 2016 3:24 AM
Aug 2012
Not surprised of the outcome, but still feel sad about Fumitan & the girl that was with Kudelia.
It's slightly amusing & strange on how long it took people to recognize Kudelia.
And looks like more drama, secrets, & possible backstabbing in the future.
K-AnimeJan 24, 2016 3:43 AM
Jan 24, 2016 3:27 AM

May 2009
RIP Fumitan Admoss and to some random citizens.

More backstabbing coming soon it seems. People plotting behind the scenes to escalate this into a full-blown war. I wonder what their motives are. Tekkadan will be in the crossfire regardless.

Looks like we'll seeing Gundam Kimaris in action next episode.
Jan 24, 2016 3:47 AM

Apr 2012
Raise your deathflag. RIP Fumitan...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 24, 2016 4:03 AM

Aug 2010
We have our first important death ladies and gentleman. RIP Fumitan ;_; We all knew it was coming but it's just sad :(

Loved the scene when Kudelia was in denial and Mika just dragged her out like that.

That massacre was brutal AF! Not a spec of mercy damn!

Friggin Barriston tho, if he and Nobliss join forces this'll be quite the problem with Teiwaz in the future :/

Nxt ep looks like a Mecha-fest ^^

One thing I don't get tho. How does some random guy say he knew Kudelia's face from the news but a guy that's directing the news doesn't know her face and last ep Gjallarhorn soldiers don't know how she looks like? It's kinda ridiculous...
Jan 24, 2016 4:14 AM

Jul 2010
Barion-Zara said:
One thing I don't get tho. How does some random guy say he knew Kudelia's face from the news but a guy that's directing the news doesn't know her face and last ep Gjallarhorn soldiers don't know how she looks like? It's kinda ridiculous...

Kudelia is a figure in Mars, not Earth Sphere.
Kinda like us not knowing certain famous people (actors, politicians) from other countries.

Anyways, say hello to Akihiro's Gusion! :D
Jan 24, 2016 4:55 AM

Feb 2014
Great episode. I did not care too much for Fumitan butt this was executed well and I still felt it. With revolution just beginning no way this raps up in 9 episodes.
Jan 24, 2016 4:59 AM

Feb 2015
eXtacy67 said:
Great episode. I did not care too much for Fumitan butt this was executed well and I still felt it.

I Have to agree, I mean it was known for the longest time but it still had just a good impact is was so well done.

Also, I have to say I had a little fanboy moment when Atra had their little moment Mika.
They have to end up together at some point, you can see it in Atra like she's 100% Mika is already her's..

5/5 - This is just an amazing anime and get's better and better each week. Really hoping the Dub is just as good..then this will be one hell of a package
Jan 24, 2016 5:02 AM

Jun 2014
AN INCREDIBLE episode as usual. And also knowing that there will be a second 25 episode season makes my heart pound :). I axpected that Fumitan will sacrifice herself for her, but still it was pretty sad. Mika is a beast, how he dragged her. I believe that McMurdo will order Naze to betray them, but Naze will object, and they will run from both Teiwaz and Gjallarhorn, but I believe this will happen near the end of the season.
Jan 24, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2010
redd530 said:
Barion-Zara said:

Kudelia is a figure in Mars, not Earth Sphere.
Kinda like us not knowing certain famous people (actors, politicians) from other countries.

Anyways, say hello to Akihiro's Gusion! :D

Still, u'd think someone who works in the news televesion field would know that stuff
Jan 24, 2016 5:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was fucked up and Gjallarhorn needs to be dropped

The scenes with Kudelia and Fumitan were handled perfectly and I ended up actually feeling kinda bad for her but even worse for Kudelia and the protesters :(

And nooooooooo Teiwaz don't betray them too TwT
Jan 24, 2016 5:19 AM

Aug 2008
RIP Fumitan. Gundam Iron Blood just keep getting better.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 24, 2016 5:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
We all knew Kumitan's demise was coming but it was still sad to see. I was surprised by how low key this episode was. None of the Tekkadan crew went all GAR at Gjallahorn or did something stupid to compromise their position.

I'm guessing Kudelia is going to go Jean D'Arc at the Earth Sphere now. The biggest problem for her now though is not so much Gjallahorn which is the enemy you know and can see, but the old manipulators in the shadows that include the guy who owns Tekkadan. Much room for double crossing up ahead.

I'm fully expecting this to be a 50-52 episode story a la Gundam of old. Too much has to happen for this to end in 6 or 7 episodes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 24, 2016 5:29 AM

Mar 2014
Still waiting for that official confirmation of a second season, how else are they gonna wrap this up?

Fumitan's death and Kudelia's disbelief was sad to see, the massacre was awful (I guess I'm glad for the smokescreen) but I can't wait to see Kudelia's character development after this. The picture in the book only raised my expectations.
Jan 24, 2016 5:33 AM

Aug 2015
RIP Fumitan. We all knew this was coming. Great episode overall and it seems it's going to get worse.....
Jan 24, 2016 6:01 AM

Oct 2010
Sad but beautiful ep.
Keep it going!
Jan 24, 2016 6:37 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
RIP Fumitan

It was sad.
Jan 24, 2016 6:43 AM

Dec 2011
Totally saw this coming. Fumitan. -_-

Also, I knew from the start that Teiwaz are not to be trusted. >.< Grr.

I now can't wait to see since it has been a while since we have seen a mobile suit fight. Akihiro's naked Gusion is going to make an appearance finally, with Kimaris and that red Gundam.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2016 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
Stupid as hell.

Kudelia arriving on cue at the main street when needed.
Miraculously surviving the Gjallarhorn sweep despite being in a heavy smoke screen.

One hell of a plot armor there. Glad Fumitan is out of the way. Couldn't care less about her death just like Masahiro.
Jan 24, 2016 6:49 AM

Mar 2011
I'm still surprised that his series does not need constant mobile suit battles to be consistently good!

Side note: The death count in this series is really getting high!
Gjallarhorn has shown that they are really brutal... similar to Zanscare!
cissersJan 24, 2016 6:54 AM
Jan 24, 2016 7:06 AM

Nov 2007
Other than the gutsy reporters who stood firm recording next to the massacre, the episode was pretty well done. One mistake I noticed is the sniping attempt. Unless they have special technology available to increase their range without increasing the caliber of the bullet, the shot was supposed to take out both Fumitan and Kudelia. Just going to assume that the technology has advanced to the point where you don't need that.

At least Gundam maintains its promise of killing characters with an episode titled after their name.

The customized GUSION looks epic.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 24, 2016 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
I'm hoping that Tekkadan and Turbines are NOT enemies! I hate to see them kill each other.
Jan 24, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2008
I like that Gusion Rebake, it looked pretty good. Those reports had some balls covering a workers revolt on the ground. Fumitan's heroic sacrifice was kind of sad but only because poor Kudelia is going to break down hard soon.

Mikaz3Laft said:
I'm hoping that Tekkadan and Turbines are NOT enemies! I hate to see them kill each other.

Too early to tell, we need a second season to find out if that's true or not.

Jan 24, 2016 7:27 AM

Jun 2013
holy shit Gjallarhorn are ruthless poor Fumitan oh well somene had to die
Jan 24, 2016 7:45 AM

Sep 2013
All I can really say is.. wow Gjallarhorn.

RIP Fumitan and the workers (loved the soundtrack during their deaths)
Kudelia better get some good character development out of this o_e

Naze and his crew still seem oblivious about the GN Trading cargo and its contents. All I can hope is that if McMurdo does form an alliance with Nobliss, Naze will still side with Tekkadan and not betray them qwq
Jan 24, 2016 8:10 AM

Oct 2013
shanimebib said:
Other than the gutsy reporters who stood firm recording next to the massacre, the episode was pretty well done. One mistake I noticed is the sniping attempt. Unless they have special technology available to increase their range without increasing the caliber of the bullet, the shot was supposed to take out both Fumitan and Kudelia. Just going to assume that the technology has advanced to the point where you don't need that.

At least Gundam maintains its promise of killing characters with an episode titled after their name.

The customized GUSION looks epic.

or maybe he missed the shot cuz the surprise, was aiming her head, so its possible to miss it. i think
Jan 24, 2016 8:13 AM

Oct 2013
never mind, the shot was too weak to go trough the Fumitan's body
Jan 24, 2016 8:42 AM

Sep 2011
Predictable but still pretty damn good, I think the actual death scene was handled well.

LauraBirdie said:
Still waiting for that official confirmation of a second season, how else are they gonna wrap this up?
There definitely needs to be a 2nd season, theres too many factions at play and alot of ambiguity to what mcgillis is trying to do. I cant imagine this wrapping up in only 9 episodes. There needs to be a 2nd season or the show is bust.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 24, 2016 8:48 AM

Jul 2014
Season 2 is a fcking must! aint no way they can wrap this up in 9eps.
Mika not giving a fck "Thats not Fumitan anymore" deyum
bro.
Jan 24, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2010
Kudelia will probably "commit" to being the Maiden of Revolution with Tekkadan as the spearhead tho.
Though that would hopefully be the plot of S2 if there would be one.
Jan 24, 2016 9:02 AM

Apr 2014
great ep

but man am i mad she died even though saw it coming but still... even though fumitan wasnt shown to much or talked alot i still liked her alot

but yeah
"one step at a time"
Jan 24, 2016 9:19 AM
Jun 2008
really well put together episode.

RIP Fumita. We all saw that coming but its still made me sad
Jan 24, 2016 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
Fumitah death was predictable but still sad :(
what an emotional and brutal episode.
that Fumital flashback too, that was kind of sad...
i was speechless while i was watching it.
and finnaly next episode will be the action, looking foward for that :D
Jan 24, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2007
JizzyHitler said:
There definitely needs to be a 2nd season, theres too many factions at play and alot of ambiguity to what mcgillis is trying to do. I cant imagine this wrapping up in only 9 episodes. There needs to be a 2nd season or the show is bust.

You know they have an OST album released with the official title: "Kidou Senshi Gundam Tekketsu no Orphans Season 1 OST."

KaedeKyl9 said:

or maybe he missed the shot cuz the surprise, was aiming her head, so its possible to miss it. i think

I will take it as you said, for now.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 24, 2016 10:07 AM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
JizzyHitler said:

You know they have an OST album released with the official title: "Kidou Senshi Gundam Tekketsu no Orphans Season 1 OST."
Thats wonderful news, now as long as the show doesnt shit the bed in the mean time

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 24, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
shanimebib said:
JizzyHitler said:

That's good to hear, if Season 2 happens I hope there is a timeskip to see the cast older and more adult.
Jan 24, 2016 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
I'm hoping for good character development for Kudelia after Fumitan's death.
*fingers crossed*
Jan 24, 2016 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
RIP Fumitan. The massacre scene was so brutal!
Jan 24, 2016 12:42 PM

Apr 2014
this anime is a treasure ,is beautiful
the things are getting worse
Jan 24, 2016 12:58 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Aaaand Fumitan's dead.
It was pretty obvious but still, it was pretty damn good.
And with this, the killing of the Tekkadan has begun.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 24, 2016 1:23 PM

Jun 2009
glad we got this part over now we can see where the seirse is relay going to go and im more usprised no one is disussing the guys at the end of the episode more. i kinda wish that she would of spoke at the rally and not jsut standing there shocked cause i dont want cordila just to become a pansy now or lose her fortutide and bcoem the helpess annyhing shit
Jan 24, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
This was as predictable a death can get...
Actually, the last 2 episodes had too many poorly executed scenes in general, let's hope as we go back to space the quality picks ups as well.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 24, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2014
I agree of course, it was very predictable. #RIP
So we got to know more about some bad fat old guys. Astounding.
Jan 24, 2016 2:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It was hard to watch the smokescreen go up and hear people dying, especially how the Union tried to stop the rest from shooting back at the Gjallarhorn. They weren't the ones who started it. And then Kudelia holding the person in her arms, asking why. It all build up to the heartwrenching scene where Fumitan sacrifices herself. I didn't think I would cry for Fumitan but they did a really good job this episode setting up for her death. I understand Fumitan's view of Kudelia very well. When you've seen a lot more than a sheltered person, you can't help but hate those bright eyes, because you can't see the hope. Yet in the end, you can't hate that person either, for the exact same reason. People are attracted to the light, and they want to see hope even if they consciously deny it. I like how Fumitan never wearing the necklace was not because she would "betray" Kudelia, but it was because she felt unworthy of it. And that's just sad, because it makes further shows Fumitan's complicated feelings towards Kudelia. Also, Mika's words that "that is no longer Fumitan" was a shock . Not in a good or bad way, but it was shocking to me. But also very Mika.

Teiwaz leader at the end though. Guess he wants profit just like everyone else...?
Jan 24, 2016 4:19 PM

Oct 2011
OMG brutal, All those people died in front of Kudelia

FUMITAN NOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHH T________T
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.