Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2015 5:39 AM

Dec 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ok so this was change ofplace that all I'm gonna say
Dec 21, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah I liked being on the Sunny again and EVERYONE being together. The crew has been broken up so much over the years that I can forgive the mediocre bad guy.

I can only give it a 5/10 but I still liked it.
Dec 21, 2015 11:34 AM

Jan 2008
This was a lot of fun. To think, an entire island that can beat devil fruit users like that. It's like the whole thing was made out of kryptonite.

Oh, and that glorious look of horror on everyone's faces at the very end when the mushroom appeared. Priceless.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 21, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2014
Meh.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 21, 2015 2:33 PM

Aug 2014
This was actually pretty interesting, we finally saw someone overwhelming strawhats with strategies, that's a new one.
And it actually worked fine, nice to see Foxy and his crew come back, the only bad thing is that this felt... heavy? I personally think that would have been better if it was in episodes instead of a special (and this was basically a movie)

As for the question, was this canonical?
Ruka desu.
Dec 21, 2015 7:56 PM

May 2015
I love One Piece, but this special left me a little bit disappointed. I wanted to see more of the Davy challenge (Mugiwara vs. Foxy and crew), I also wanted to see Franky go one on one against fellow shipwright but didn’t happened...

This special would had benefited if the antagonist would had more help, like 2 or 4 subordinates because the fight for the Big Guns (Sanji & Zoro) against a bunch of marines felt very meh! (they do it all the time, dammit why they don’t give me the eye candy that I yearn, I wanted to see them against competent fighters). The twist with the kōhai was well executed… The final fight was not great but not bad either… To finish my comment about this special, like I said at the beginning of my comment I wished that the Davy challenge were the main focus of this special and the big reveal, the plot in the background slowly getting flesh out... But it was quite the oposite the special started and BAM! we are bad guys deal with us furthermore removing Zoro & Sanji for more than a quarter of the movie were a big blunder in my opinion...The lack luster fighting scenes + last fight left me unimpressed (by One Piece standards).
Roy_FockerJan 26, 2016 9:25 PM
Dec 21, 2015 9:58 PM

Aug 2012
This was sooo fun to watch. I love when they're all together having fun and goofing around.
Although that Vice Admiral was smart he's a bastard; smart bastard :|
All of them were getting captured left and right! That island is a tough bitch too!
I never wanna see Zoro and Sanji in that kind of pathetic condition again from those mushrooms; that was unpleasant!
I loved that little conversation Luffy was having with Foxy :)
And that ending lol too funny.. that buffet lol :D
Dec 21, 2015 10:16 PM

May 2014
When I saw the special I was thinking Foxy? Again? Are you kidding me?!?

I liked the davy back fight or w/e it's called arc the first time I watched it, as a nice change of pace between G8 and Water 7, but when Foxy returned I was like meh. Couldn't believe they wanted him to come back again.

But I actually really enjoyed this, a lot more then I thought I would. Could've been worse, at least. An actually interesting villain would've been interesting, but I feel like I didn't waste those 2 or so hours so I'm not complaining
Dec 21, 2015 11:00 PM

Apr 2011
This was really bad. I can't believe any of this would have happened... Whoever wrote this is an idiot.
Dec 22, 2015 4:20 AM

Dec 2014
Enjoyed it more than I expected.
Though there are some inconsistencies with the whole Devil Fruit aspect, Luffy was jumping out of seawater in the final fight and he was able to stand in it before, And I'm not sure if Fog would actually affect DF users, I mean by that logic even water vapor should affect them xD.

All that aside, It was pretty fun. Quite funny as well

Those reactions when Robin was called Ojou-Sama, Gold XD
Dec 22, 2015 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
Meh. 5, maybe 6/10.

But wait... NIIIIPLE LIGHT! That one deserves a 10/10.

Anyways, such a disappointment to see Luffy being defeated so easily by that piece of shit marine. Our true Luffy would be able to destroy that trash in no time, specials Luffy is always a disappointment.

It's also a disappointment to see Garp as a marine, Oda said he isn't one anymore. This special is not even following the manga, I'd call it more like a special spinoff, really, it's probably the worse special in OP's history.
b1GZZDec 22, 2015 4:35 PM
Dec 23, 2015 6:44 AM
Aug 2013
Best thing about this special -> Nami and Robin (^_^)

Worst thing - the final battle between Luffy and the marine guy (luffy falls in the water a couple of times during this final battle but manages to get out by himself...before that he was having hard time against lots of stuff involving sea water...kairoseki, those plants, the fog etc...and in the end they decide to show him fall in the water and just come out by himself...WTF)
Dec 23, 2015 6:13 PM

Dec 2012
Very entertaining. Didn't expect much when I learned Foxy was part of it. 8/10
Dec 24, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
Way more fun than I expected. Got that Classic OP feel. And really made me like Foxy a lot more than I used to ^^ Awesome seeing Sanji again too even tho he was in dumb mode most of it XD

All Dat Robin greatness. Lol'd so much at "It's embarrassing as a human being" XD And damn she looked friggin nice with the Jacket, Shorts and Ponytail <3<3<3
The way she was called Ojou-san and Zoro's reaction followed by Robin's "What?" look intimidating him was so hilarious.

The way Zoro and Sanji looked that pathetic was so lol

Gotta admit tho, Komei was a pretty good antagonist. His strategic approach was pretty effective but it was too risky. Nami alone was able to make some cracks in it and if either Zoro or Sanji got freed from dumb mode he could've gotten his ass handed to him. His Fan weapon was nice tho.
DAT DOUJIN FUEL THO
Dec 24, 2015 3:34 PM
Jun 2013
New World Nami has the body of a goddess.
Dec 31, 2015 4:12 AM

Nov 2014
Still better than Dressrosa Arc.

Jan 2, 2016 7:22 PM

Mar 2014
Never seen non-canon material disrespect the canon as much as this. I could accept the PIS of SW, but this... was this disgustingly stupid.

2/5
Jan 19, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2012
It wasn't good at all,meh episode.

Feb 6, 2016 1:19 PM

Jan 2010
some people seem to dislike the main antagonist from this story.
seriously ?
that's probably the first character from the entire series being able to do that much problems to an entire crew of powerful pirates (luffy's crew) without any powerful power (excluding haki).
he's an excellent strategist and a really well done character.
he may even be better than Z from the movie one piece Z.

the only problem was the crappy animation, but what were you hoping by seeing a special made by toei ?
zebdalFeb 6, 2016 1:35 PM
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Feb 12, 2016 5:49 PM
Sep 2013
Whilst there were inconsistencies in this special like how Luffy was able to move in seawater in his fight with Komei, when he was struggling from the fog earlier. It was still a rather enjoyable special.

I like how three of the four straw hats who aren't in Dressrosa (Brook, Chopper, Nami) get more screen-time than the others here. (Poor Sanji though :(.

This special has reminded me of how much I miss all the crew together.

Trivia: Komei is based off Zhuge Liang, a legendary strategist from the Three Kingdoms era in Chinese history. In fact Komei is his Japanese name from Kong-Ming.
Feb 12, 2016 7:43 PM

Jan 2013
Nami's breasts even bigger in this movie.
Sanji ... control your temptations already, hell of a blood.
Come aboard ... "Split-Heard" lol

Wait ... how was Brook playing his violin whilst pulling the "bear trap" from Mushroomconda ?

Such a shame and a wasted opportunity to not see Nami give Luffy mouth to mouth, instead we see Foxy bashing Luffy's chest.
Thought it would be weird for a random guy from Foxy's crew to just join them.

"Lady?" ... Robin's look after that :3

Komei literally had them, still wanted to play games, not something I really liked from this film.
Anyhow, the story was alright and fun to see Foxy and the Strawhats work together.

8/10
Feb 12, 2016 8:55 PM

May 2011
The specials have been pretty mediocre lately but this one was better than I thought it would be. It had its nice moments.
Mar 10, 2016 3:58 PM

Aug 2012
ziggy_Z said:
Never seen non-canon material disrespect the canon as much as this. I could accept the PIS of SW, but this... was this disgustingly stupid.

2/5

How so? I don't get how it was that disrespectful.

I liked this. Wasn't expecting much. Its easier to like something when you don't have your hopes high. I could have enjoyed an actual Davy Back Fight tho.
Apr 23, 2016 11:07 AM

Oct 2014
hahah the last scene was funny XD

This was a fun one to watch, I'm glad ^_^ if I need something to make my day brighter, One Piece is the answer!
Apr 27, 2016 1:15 AM

Jan 2011
There were a couple good parts here and there, like a few scenes that were enjoyable but overall I thought it was very bad.

There were so many parts that didn't make sense. Like how the fog affects Luffy like crazy but later Luffy gets fully submerged or is just standing in normal water and acts like it's nothing. Suddenly is immune to water for convenience of the fight?
May 2, 2016 3:05 PM
Sep 2013
Not impressed.

The specials and the filler, are almost never as well written as Oda's material, but this is a new low.
There's no way the Straw Hats would go down that easily. They made it too easy for Komei to succeed.
Especially annoying was how the script uses one of the oldest cliches around to save Luffy from a bullet to the head.

As for the animation, for whatever reason Luffy looks like he has shrunk.

It was nice to see Nami step up her game a bit, but that's it.
SamenamaMay 2, 2016 3:08 PM
Jun 17, 2016 11:56 AM

May 2009
The second half was boring as heck.
They could've just made Zoro destroy that vice-admiral, but as always, Luffy has to be the one who kicks the enemy's butt for no reason.
The part with Foxy's face souvenirs was really funny tho
5/10
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 19, 2016 11:56 PM

Dec 2009
Finally got around to watching The Adventure of Nebulandia special for One Piece. I wasn't expecting much from this special since it involved Foxy (who I actually really enjoyed here) and I expected nothing from it other than comedy but man it was spectacular. Komei was a pretty cool villain that made the straw hats face a threat they couldn't just take down with raw strength. If I had to compare it to something I would compare it to the fantastic G8 filler from years back. Seriously love how far the Straw Hats got pushed here, it's been awhile since I was that worried about how they were going to get out of a situation (Even though technically I know this isn't canon).
Aug 19, 2016 7:35 PM

Jul 2015
Chill out! Its an special, an extra and was really nice... what do this people expect? a sudden fight against a yonkou? ¬¬

Porche is great, I'ld love a female character like her joining the mugiwaras c:
The girls are beign way to grumpy :c
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Oct 27, 2017 5:34 PM

Sep 2008
I kinda hoped that this one would be focused only on Davy Back Fight but well, it was good anyway.
Oct 31, 2017 3:57 AM

Apr 2013
Eh, another movie with the Foxy pirates again? Meh...
The mushroom trick was so obvious... if anyone of the Straw Hats was at least a little big intelligent they would've waited before starting to eat unknown mushrooms and see how the other team reacts to it...
Of course they also would disable Zoro and Sanji once again so they can't show off and focus completely on Luffy again... I'll never understand why they can't let one of the others at least have the protagonist role in one of those fillers :<
Also we learned that haki can make a sword out of a fan, who would've known? lol
And the next obvious things happens: The completely unknown guy gets for no reason at all on the ship together with them and betrays them in the end. What a surprise!

Overall I watched this for completion only again since it was a as usual a predictable story line that followed the same formula as all the other One Piece movies/specials.
Nov 26, 2017 11:22 PM

Dec 2009
This was so meh for me. I was hoping something to help with the drag of Dressrosa, but it feels like it is lacking in a way.

Apr 19, 2019 8:07 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Quite a fun animation. It brought back pleasant memories of the G8 filler arc. But still not as good though.
Dec 11, 2019 2:01 PM

Mar 2016
Well, I didn't enjoy it. New characters (villains) didn't intrigue at all, weak directing, lack of soundtrack (a lot of silence). It did have a few fun moments though, it's One Piece after all. But all in all, it's dull.
Oct 25, 2020 12:53 PM
May 2019
Never thought that Luffy would call anyone stupid hahahaha
Jan 3, 2021 8:36 PM

Oct 2009
Brook asks if he can see Nami's panties in case he wins, but considering Nami's outfit – he already can as-is:
Jan 20, 2021 7:56 PM

Mar 2016
Ah, what a wonderful day where Luffy met his old nemesis! Foxy has always been annoying but you can't argue but feel the fun and joy associated with his Davy Back games and the festival that surrounds it.

But unlike their first game back then, traitors from the Navy pulled a quick on the 2 captains and abducted the 2 captains right and left hand crew members. But thanks to that, we saw some of the most heartwarming temporary pirate alliance I've ever seen. Luffy and Foxy sharing reminiscing about their adventures and them mutually respecting each other are so wholesome it's just all-around a feel-good scenes when they're both together on the Thousand Sunny.

Now aside from those nice parts, the actual battle itself is too stretched out and the usually helpful characters felt as if they are unable to help Luffy whatsoever which is total bs, the final boss fight against Komei himself wasn't all that good much less amazing. It's mediocre for lack of better words, but whatever, he's nobody special anyways.

The best part of this special/movie is the sense of adventure and seeing the 2 pirate crews enjoying their time together as pirates. It's one of those things you hoped to see more as the main story become increasingly more serious. Quite a good movie despite its flaws.
Jun 21, 2021 9:05 PM

Nov 2014
I always thought this special was pretty entertaining, although stuff like "sea fog" is nonsense and so stupid as to ruin immersion. Also, how did these random Marines know Chopper was a doctor and not a pet?
Quality Queen.
Jun 22, 2022 10:55 AM

Nov 2010
As much as I like Luffy and crew, I'm on the side of Koumei. His actions made a lot of sense. But yeah, even if he was successful in capturing Straw Hat and crew, I doubt he alone can change the world for the better. The world government under the rule of the Tenryuubito is extremely corrupt and in the end, powerless people will still suffer. Now that I think about it, it's so similar to the world we live in right now. Human civilization is truly hopeless. I wonder what kind of sacrifices must be made in order for us to attain utopia.

I skipped the Davy Back filler in the main series and I expected to be bored, but surprisingly I found this interesting. Koumei is such a smart "villain". The strategy and tactics used to outplay the OP Straw Hats was really good! If they didn't have plot armor, I'm sure this would've been the end of their story.

8/10
Dec 23, 2022 9:56 PM
Mar 2020
I really liked this special because it managed to make the hateable Foxy and his crew likeable. I appreciate how the special gave Pickles and Big Pan something to do, as those two are the strongest in Foxy's crew. It was fun seeing them all work together for some great moments. One thing I wanted more of was some interaction with Franky and Foxy + the shipwright. Foxy should be rightly salivating over Luffy's new crewmembers.

I wish there was more Porche and "Choppy" moments, but I liked the ones we got. Those were my favorite from the original Davy Back Fight arc.

Also a strategic villain in Zhuge Liang was par for the course given the real-life strategist on which he is based. Most of the straw hats lack basic common sense and situational awareness, so it makes sense that they would be easily taken in by a semi-competent strategy. Would have been nice to see some strategy at the end rather than devolving into a full on fight at the end.

All in all, I thought it was very well done and provided some good closure for Foxy and the Straw Hats.
Dec 25, 2022 6:35 PM

Sep 2015
I liked this a lot better than Episode of Sabo, because the story and everything else was different. The strategies were nice to watch, even though it's a complete inspiration from the strategist Kong ming from the three kingdoms , or was it  121st Emperor of Japan?

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 13, 2023 2:08 AM
Sep 2021
One word:HORRIBLE! My heart ached seeing the non canon versions of zoro & sanji(and luffy briefly) all drowsy & ass. It would be better if zoro got lost on his way to the stage

Also, why tf is zoro's onigiri movement here so damn bad. And luffy getting shot is just unnessary.

Good thing its not canon to the story or i'll cough blood
Sep 1, 2023 3:51 AM
Feb 2021
I hate the foxy pirates
Dec 16, 2023 12:19 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Started off light and funny, but dropped because of the lame ass villains.

Also bc of the Straw Hat Ls that go along with every filler movie 🙄
Aug 12, 7:51 AM

Jun 2017
i quite like this special.It's different than the usual OP antics.No sympathy bait laden past sappy stories .An antagonist who doesn't rely on supernatural powers rather his ingenuis keeps the crew on its toes ,infact i would wager he was on top more number of times .No Luffy power ups at the end but the counter strat won him the game.
7/10

More topics from this board

» When to watch this?

wolfslice - Jun 5, 2016

6 by OnePiece7Sh1 »»
Mar 13, 2023 2:11 AM

» ED, ending song

pokecenter - Mar 10, 2016

0 by pokecenter »»
Mar 10, 2016 4:05 PM

» End of One Piece Winter Anime Special to Have 'Important Announcement'

AllenVonStein - Nov 21, 2015

2 by b1GZZ »»
Dec 22, 2015 4:39 PM

» One Piece - Adventure of Nebulandia Trailer

AllenVonStein - Nov 22, 2015

3 by ziggy_Z »»
Dec 2, 2015 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.