Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2009 4:36 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, now this is interesting episode^^ István meets up with the Rindas, Remus, and Suni. Meanwhile, a large force is being assembled to go into battle against the Sems. In the middle of the battle, István fought with Astrias but i love how Guin charge through the pack of armies while leading the battle :D
ShanaFlameJun 8, 2009 4:53 AM
Jun 8, 2009 4:34 PM

Feb 2009
Awesome entrance there Guin! Now the Mongol army has to deal with people as strong as Guin if not even stronger!
Once again the Mongol's army retreated and once again queen bitch evaded death <.<
Jun 12, 2009 1:45 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah, the general bitch is useless, I hoped she would get it this battle, oh well here's hoping shes bites it soon.
Jun 12, 2009 5:41 AM

Jun 2008
Guin entrance was amusing. Also I didn't expect that the Lagon army would be that strong.
It looks like Guin is going to be a King
Jun 12, 2009 8:50 AM

Oct 2008
I was pretty amused that István finally got the break he has been wanting and looked really good in front of the princess he is stalking. Even with all of the dead, including his friend, maybe a net gain.

Battle was great looking. After spending so much trouble and losing nearly all of the sems waiting for them, the lagon did not disappoint. I wouldn't say they are as strong as guin though, although their legendary hero leader seems to be on par (but remember, he is to them like guin is to the sems so the others would be far weaker). I do find it kind of interesting how the relationship in power between the sems and the mongols (i.e. the mongols are MUCH stronger soldiers with training, discpline and equipment that allows them to seemingly wipe the floor with the sems, even if they were outnumbered) is similar to that of the mongols and the lagon.

Would have liked to see more of guin fighting against the mongol leaders though. It is cool that he can charge the lines of mongol troops and break through, but risk is what makes things more interesting and obviously that only comes when he fights someone really strong (at this rate István looks like the only one left of the strong mongol fighters we've been introduced to and he already got beat easily, not even worth killing).
Jun 12, 2009 10:58 AM

Feb 2009
There was so much win in the second part of this episode. It was EPIC! I got goosebumps all over. The only character that never fails to irritate me is Astrias.
Jun 12, 2009 10:59 AM
Dec 2007
King Guin ! Didn't expect that at all but since the battle was pretty well done and the development was right overall I don't see any probleme to that. I wonder what will happen next, leading a country is no easy task, even for a leopard-headed superhero.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 12, 2009 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
Suni shouldn't be alive.. that made no sense. And I wish Stalker san wasn't so good looking because it was so creepy with her strand of golden hair that he caught. Otherwise, another awesome episode this was. The Lagon fought those mongols beautifully. And Guin is the "Frontier King". Oh and props to Istovan for not running away and saving the twins, (like none of us knew that was going to happen.)
Jun 12, 2009 1:30 PM

Jul 2008
that was awesome!!! guin and the lagon show up to save the day, and just pwn the mongauls, they didn't stand a chance against those warriors; and now guin will be the king, so it all ends well, for now at least until mongaul sends a bigger army
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 13, 2009 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
The Lagon soldiers were awesome, much stronger than what I thought they were. There were Mangoul soldiers flying everywhere o_o;
Jun 14, 2009 4:01 AM

Jan 2009
I wonder how Suni survived unscratched... And well the outcome was quite predictable. The fighting animation wasn't very solid either. Weak episode
Jun 15, 2009 5:26 AM

Apr 2008
Some fans of kamineko are gathered...

The animation on this anime never is solid. the directing makes me wander how much more the original novel must be several times better thatn this adaptation...
Jun 30, 2009 10:29 PM

Jun 2007
haha that was some really nice entrance by the lagon... they're just bashing the mangouls like paper,, the hero of the lagon reminds me of Ultimate warrior =)
Aug 9, 2009 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
Epic.
Oct 10, 2009 7:24 PM

Jun 2008
I saw some very big mistakes during this battle that left wit a bad taste about the way the director handled things.
Guin was on the top of dog mountain that took him quite some time to reach before and now he jumps from that mountain and he magically appears were the others are? Something is wrong here.
István jumped and kill one lagon and then started talking when in the previews scene there were two attacking. Lot's of strange things like that, that made the whole battle a complete mess.

Anyway despite all that, the development was good and i surely didn't expect Guin to get an offer of being a King and actually thinking of going threw with it.
I wonder after all that how many Sems are they really left. Not much, that's for certain.
Aug 4, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2008
I wish suni had died....
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 27, 2012 2:31 PM

Jul 2011
kenq said:
That horse riding animation always cracks me up.. it just looks so stiff

I know. What a great art director.

And I love the Lagon. Send a few flying at a time!

Director needs to be more consistent. If the directing was better I would probably love this.
Feb 22, 2013 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
The Mongauls continues to make themselves pathetic even with the captain and supreme commander. What a joke
Mar 8, 2017 12:16 AM
Feb 2017
Hahaha they fucking tore them up that was awesome loved this episode. I feel bad for the commander lady though all her hopes and ambitions were just obliterated haha guess she just isn't fit for battle huh?
Jan 19, 2018 10:24 PM

Feb 2015
I have a feeling Astrias is gonna die soon, that scene with the strand of hair was so creepy lol. The fight was really epic though.
Apr 26, 2018 5:53 AM

Jul 2008
Took Guin long enough to show up, and owned lady fake general as we all thought.

Also total Lion King ending.
Aug 7, 2022 8:48 AM

Feb 2018
Suni really dropped Astrias from his horse? Guy has turned into a joke lol. Guin's entrance with the Lagon was awesome and Amnelis keeps making horrible decisions xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Apr 12, 2009

70 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.