Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2009 1:04 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I actually think the light Guin and the others saw looks like something you would see on a space ship^^ It's good to see the humans got whacked badly by the monster instead of Guin, he doesn't need to waste his brute strength on them all the time :D Looking from the preview, it looks like Amnelis and Naris are going to get married but i don't think it would go as smoothly as that.
Jul 20, 2009 8:19 AM

Jan 2009
I take it you were watching the raws?
Jul 20, 2009 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
SLiK said:
I take it you were watching the raws?
yeah^^
Jul 20, 2009 10:33 PM

Jan 2009
Well that's kinda unfair =(
Jul 26, 2009 10:49 PM

Aug 2008
Strange episode. It's funny to me that there is this cycle of who beats up the intruders: Istvan, Guin, Monster. I think this is like the third or fourth repetition of that cycle. It's neither good, nor bad, but just weird. Next, we have Remus softening up, which is also quite out of character with his out of characterness. Finally, Marius takes his whack singing straight into the the heart of enemy territory. I did like that they didn't try to beat around the bush regarding the connection between the balls of light and Guin. Just as I was thinking it, Remus drew the conclusion.

But basically, lots of good movement for plot, but in very baffling ways.
Jul 27, 2009 2:45 AM

Aug 2007
Now Istovan and Rinda are now officially a couple, even with Guin there.... 0.o

Remus predicts that Istovan and Rinda will marry, leading to a big war between him and Istovan.... hmmmm.... not sure who's side I'm on tbh.

Guin is the only character I like at the moment, everyone else seems to piss me off in some way or the other...
Jul 27, 2009 8:53 AM

Jan 2008
The episode is not something I'd say I like but yeah, good progress in the story. Probably I like how Remus talks in here. Amnelis brother there was pretty boy. When Marius arrived, it seems predictable what will happen after then (seeing the preview proved it). Episode ended with those strange guys and they made me curious who they are. Finally, coming up next is the marriage!
Jul 27, 2009 2:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Some subtleties of this episode, nearly EVERY scene is crucial to the future plot:

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 27, 2009 4:09 PM
Jul 2009
I like where the plot is going, there was always a bit of mysticism and such but throwing a huge monster and a ball of light in like that can only make it better.

Remus = Future evil sorcerer?
Jul 27, 2009 5:31 PM

Aug 2007
Salacar said:

Remus = Future evil sorcerer?

I'm starting to take a liking to Remus :-)
Jul 27, 2009 6:32 PM

Feb 2009
I am surprised how easy Marius got into the palace, is that servant an idiot to bring a stranger like that to see the prince, unbelievable!
Jul 27, 2009 6:51 PM

Jan 2009

I'm feeling rather uneasy with these current events: Ishtovan embracing his inner pedo, and Remus embracing his inner evil. I had the same reaction as Guin when Remus said that he'd be able to conquer the world once he is able to control the ancient machine at the Crystal Tower and the ship that flew from the island they were all on.

Marius had some crazy luck to finally be able to meet with the Archduke's son and meet Oro's parents. Also, I feel he should be play more songs rather than going through different verses of the same one.

Jul 27, 2009 7:33 PM

Jul 2009
ANybody skipping Marius' singing ? LOL, I know I didnt since it made me cry...from laughter XDDD

Other than that, another awesome episode which shifts to DELICIOUS YAYOI this time after going through EPIC, COMEDY, ROMANCE with our now established fury couple Guin x Remus & the Shota couple Marius x Miail.

Other than YAYOI, it offered us with some good TENTACLE RAEP this time around with the monster and pirates...ARGGH, gotta love Guin Saga XDDDD

Well, Ishtovan still sucks at protecting somebody and only show his worth with his pimping, what a manwhore LOL

Lastly, STUPID Miail, why the heck do u cry when you're gonna get sum SMEX ?!! 0-o.Guess the guy only loves guy on guy or something...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 27, 2009 8:04 PM

Aug 2008
HA!!
Yeah, Marius' singing was terrible. I thought it was good the first time (if that was even him, I don't remember). But this episode, it was really bad.
Jul 27, 2009 8:38 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
abrasicu said:
ANybody skipping Marius' singing ? LOL, I know I didnt since it made me cry...from laughter XDDD

Other than that, another awesome episode which shifts to DELICIOUS YAYOI this time after going through EPIC, COMEDY, ROMANCE with our now established fury couple Guin x Remus & the Shota couple Marius x Miail.

Other than YAYOI, it offered us with some good TENTACLE RAEP this time around with the monster and pirates...ARGGH, gotta love Guin Saga XDDDD

Well, Ishtovan still sucks at protecting somebody and only show his worth with his pimping, what a manwhore LOL

Lastly, STUPID Miail, why the heck do u cry when you're gonna get sum SMEX ?!! 0-o.Guess the guy only loves guy on guy or something...

lol. The author of Guin Saga is one of the pioneers of YAOI. Guin Saga is partially the reason why Yaoi exists today....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 27, 2009 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
wakka9ca said:

lol. The author of Guin Saga is one of the pioneers of YAOI. Guin Saga is partially the reason why Yaoi exists today....

Oddly enough, this is very true.
Jul 27, 2009 11:09 PM

Aug 2008
Unless Guin goes the route of modern yaoi...it's a shame it ended up the way it is. I'd say she's probably the reason bara exists.
Jul 27, 2009 11:12 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
Unless Guin goes the route of modern yaoi...it's a shame it ended up the way it is. I'd say she's probably the reason bara exists.

May I ask who or what is "bara"? I do know the man's pride: MARA though... Its not something related with boy x boy, is it ?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 27, 2009 11:16 PM

Aug 2008
It is. Written by men, whereas yaoi is written by women. Though Guin's author is a woman, her approach thus far is one that is geared toward men...though I will say Remus, Naris, and Amnelis' little brother changes things up a bit.
Jul 28, 2009 12:34 AM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
HA!!
Yeah, Marius' singing was terrible. I thought it was good the first time (if that was even him, I don't remember). But this episode, it was really bad.

I liked =x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2009 3:32 AM

Sep 2007
Who is Mihai ? I don't remember... Sorry. ^^'
EDIT : Ho... It's a new character... <_<
ShiroiRyuJul 28, 2009 4:03 AM
Jul 31, 2009 2:01 PM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
But basically, lots of good movement for plot, but in very baffling ways.

This, basically, a weird but well-developped episode in terms of script mainly. Strangely enough, we didn't see neither Aldo nor Amnelis, whose wedding should take place next episode, along with a lot of other things as the preview suggests.

ShiroiRyu said:
Who is Mihai ? I don't remember... Sorry. ^^'
EDIT : Ho... It's a new character... <_<

He's not new, we saw him some episodes ago, he is Amnelis' little brother and prince of Mongaul !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 2, 2009 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
SLiK said:

I'm feeling rather uneasy with these current events: Ishtovan embracing his inner pedo, and Remus embracing his inner evil. I had the same reaction as Guin when Remus said that he'd be able to conquer the world once he is able to control the ancient machine at the Crystal Tower and the ship that flew from the island they were all on.

Rinda is 14 and Istavan is 20...only a 6 year difference. I don't see him as a pedo, there's probably couples like that now and it was definitely not weird in older days. Anyway, my favorite characters is Istavan of course *O* Good plot development so far. Too bad there's only one active subber for this series. I thought that people would be interested in it enough to warrant more subbers.
Aug 4, 2009 7:23 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah, I wish other subbers would get on this. There's so much going in this show that I often wonder why other subbers aren't giving this show a shot.

Also 6 years, when you really think about it, is a lot of time and a lot of difference. In 2003, the space shuttle Discovery flies its last flight, Tampa Bay wins Super Bowl XXXVII, the completion of the Human Genome Project, the Top Thrill Dragster became the World's Fastest Roller Coaster (prior to Kingda Ka), the end of the invasion of Iraq, the start of rising oil prices, etc.

Hopefully, I pray that Ishtovan does nothing more to further ruin my image of him.
Aug 18, 2009 8:30 PM

Feb 2008
twinight_rain said:
SLiK said:

you also have to consider the time period. it would not be unusual to have a large gap in age. the fact that she got mad when she heard he was marrying some chick is proof of that.

remus's ambition leads me to believe he will become some evil character later on. Guin has not really considered his ideas as malicious. as far as they see it, he has simply grown out of his timid state.
Sep 1, 2009 10:30 PM

Jul 2009
the girl or guy *since u really cant tell in anime until they tell you lol* reminded my of tayuya from naruto and his/her minions look the same
Oct 11, 2009 11:05 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm...Remus already made a theory about Aliens ans spacecrafts. The guy not only powered up but got new brain power as well. And is it me or does it look like Remus and Guin are making a little team while Rinda and Istavan another?
Feb 22, 2013 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
I doubt the marriage will go well tbh. Chances are:

1) Amnelis dies
2) Naris dies
3) Neither dies but gets separated for good
May 18, 2015 11:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So Guin is an alien of some sort? This is definitely getting weird now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 29, 2015 1:16 AM

Oct 2013
Farabeuf said:
So Guin is an alien of some sort? This is definitely getting weird now.

Lmao. I didnt even notice that alien line.
May 3, 2018 6:46 AM

Jul 2008
Aliens.....yeah it's that kind of anime.
Aug 7, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2018
Junas bringing Malius to sing for Mial was wholesome. Shidoh plays his flute and summons some shadowy foes.. interesting!
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM
Aug 2021
OK, I’m done. Additional new subplots that I’m not willing to follow anymore. Plus way too much palace intrigue for me. There’s no reason to have all this stuff continuing to be added when the only plot I care about is Guin and the twins.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Apr 12, 2009

70 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 24, 2009

16 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 3:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.