3It was OK
19.5%
2Disliked it
9.3%
1Hated it
5.7%
Average 3.8
440 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 11, 2009 4:33 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show is making less and less sense with every passing episode.
KinetaNov 23, 2012 9:24 AM
May 24, 2009 9:58 AM

May 2009
I've pretty much given up on trying to piece anything together. At this point the only character I recognize is the old man (sage).
Aug 28, 2009 5:06 AM

Apr 2009
This is going downhill since the officers got fired. :/
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Oct 31, 2009 8:01 PM

Jul 2009
3 eps left; hoping it will be pieced together by then o.o
Nov 24, 2009 3:16 AM

Nov 2009
Yeak kinda hoping it'll get better although i am liking it. At first i thought this ep was in chibi form. xD
Dec 10, 2009 1:28 AM

Jan 2008
Why are we getting more and more episodes that have nothing to do with the actual story?
Dec 17, 2009 5:34 PM

Dec 2007
This didn't make any sense. Did the guy dream that everyone died? I know he didn't hit the director with a bat, but I guess the other people were murdered or injured.
Mar 10, 2010 12:38 AM

Dec 2008
I got a stuttering avi file and so I missed every third second X-(

so all I got from this episode was that the anime crew were cornered because of that idiot and so shounen bat appeared and hit their heads.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2010 9:27 AM

Nov 2008
I liked how the story was told for this episode: piece by piece, everytime he fall asleep in his car, we see all the work of the anime crew and how he screwed up with it and got fired. And just before he got hitten by the shonen bat we learn what he did just before taking his car.
Although this episode show some basics of the making of an anime, and all the pressure that goes with it.

The narration was what made this episode, but it really need to get back to the main story. What was the use of giving half of the answer of the mystery, if it's for throwing more episodic stories? It's like the author didn't know what to do with his number of episodes and was throwing all the fillers he could think of.
Jun 19, 2010 11:24 PM

Mar 2009
Now the whole anime is just confusing.
Jun 30, 2010 12:22 PM
May 2008
well, you know what they say, 'wtf? o.O'
Jul 1, 2010 12:30 PM

May 2008
geyik said:
well, you know what they say, 'wtf? o.O'

Hahah, that is definitely what they say.

Three episodes and so much to wrap up? I'm doubting it...
Aug 21, 2010 2:57 PM

Jan 2010
It will be wrapped up, don't worry about that.
Sep 23, 2010 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
Satoshi Kon should've just removed all of the filler episodes and made this series into a 2 part movie, or one really long movie.
I'm starting to get annoyed by the fact that we haven't moved on at all during the last 3 episodes.
Oct 4, 2010 7:40 AM

Apr 2009
for a short series there sure is a lot of 'filler' episodes. hopefully they have some significance in the end...
Oct 16, 2010 2:49 AM

Mar 2010
The show doesn't make any sense.
I hope the last 3 episodes will be better.What did this episode had to do with the story?

~The radio in the car played the opening xD
Nov 9, 2010 10:05 PM
Dec 2009
Wow, that guy sure was useless.
Mar 1, 2011 9:20 PM

Sep 2010
Seemed to have lots of references to feudal japan with the director being called Oda Nobunaga and the other guy being monkey-like seems like a reference to Toyotomi Hideyoshi
Apr 13, 2011 5:22 AM

Apr 2010
Useless guy is useless.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Oct 31, 2011 4:48 PM

Jul 2011
i really hated this episode. maybe because i had to watch it with english dubs which are the worst for this show
Nov 2, 2011 9:35 AM

May 2009
Wow, I can't believe you all disliked this.
Jan 27, 2012 5:55 PM

Jan 2012
meh, not only is this series starting to make no sense, the but last few episodes really have just fallen away from the main story :/ i cant see this being made clear in 3 episdoes! someone else hit the nail on the head... its gone nowhere since the detectives were fired :/
Jan 28, 2012 11:38 PM

Jul 2007
Shoryuuken said:
Wow, I can't believe you all disliked this.

I can. It is MAL, after all. :P

Though I was hoping someone had posted the true message behind this episode. I have an inkling, but I'm not totally sure.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Feb 23, 2012 9:29 AM
Sep 2011
It was wonderfully absurd how the staff member got knocked out one by one. Overall an enjoyable episode.
Mar 5, 2012 7:27 PM

Jun 2008
What a way to showcase that it's okay to die as long as you get things done. lol

I think all the stories are similar to each other in that the characters all have problems and see 'Little Slugger.' Little Slugger probably isn't real since he really cannot be everywhere. I'm sure it's just the peoples' imagination and they're using him as a sort of way to escape from reality....

or... I don't know...
HEY!
Apr 1, 2012 12:06 AM

Aug 2010
I don't think it was a bad episode. I liked it a lot more than the last one.

I do feel like the show lost its way a bit since the two police officers were fired... but I still think it will all come together in the next few episodes. I'm digging it regardless.
Jun 14, 2012 11:04 PM

Sep 2011
Should have just ran him over... =p
Aug 14, 2012 12:17 AM

Jul 2010
Funny how they can continue working when they know they will be killed one by one.

I dont see where this is going anymore and my head hurts after watching the past few episodes. How are they going to tie everything up in the last 3 episodes.. Guess i'll have to watch to find out.
Dec 22, 2012 4:24 PM

Jul 2011
dysphonia said:
This is going downhill since the officers got fired. :/

Yeah. It was really good, then it got bad. I noticed for the other work that I watched from this director as well. :(

Hope it gets better. I want to rate this high.
Dec 30, 2012 1:26 AM
Dec 2012
werrston said:
It will be wrapped up, don't worry about that.

^

Not really sure how this episode confused anyone.. It's Pretty straight forward.

Stop crying because you're confused and let the series play out. If you still don't get it, Re-watch the episodes that confused you.. This shows really easy to understand a second time around, but it never gets old. Still a top ten favorite..
May 4, 2013 7:34 AM
Aug 2011
Animatronix said:
This didn't make any sense. Did the guy dream that everyone died? I know he didn't hit the director with a bat, but I guess the other people were murdered or injured.

He remembered, they gave us flashbacks everytime he has fallen asleep. That carrier guy killed all the people in staff, I guess.

Actually this episode was good, imo. I didn't get bored at all, I "almost always" get bored when I watch anime.
May 8, 2013 5:46 AM

Aug 2007
Maromi saying "take a rest" over and over at the end was unnerving...

Overall, the flow of this episode was really good. ( Much better than that last episode, anyway.) I like Maromi's explanation of each individual's job in the production staff group and the stylistic choice of the whole episode.

Jun 6, 2013 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
Quite the educational episode.
Aug 23, 2013 3:35 AM
Dec 2012
i think i get this anime know paranoia plays a big part in the episode working on stress of each person. since the beginning of this anime started even the original creator was paranoid with her work drawing this character "Maromi" and in drawing this character her paranoia was transfer in what she was drawing infecting people close to her and many other who owned Maromi merchandise feeding on minds of everyone . and to explain Little Slugger he also was 1st saw by Tsukiko ( the 1st victim or the creator of both little slugger and Maromi ) and she was the 1st to draw him lets not forget that all you need is drawing to play with your imagination and the that spreads to rumor and then paranoia

that's paranoia agent ( one person with imagination and paranoia can inject ideas in reality )
Aug 23, 2013 4:21 AM
Dec 2012
nate1000man said:
i think i get this anime know paranoia plays a big part in the episode working on stress of each person. since the beginning of this anime started even the original creator was paranoid with her work drawing this character "Maromi" and in drawing this character her paranoia was transfer in what she was drawing infecting people close to her and many other who owned Maromi merchandise feeding on minds of everyone . and to explain Little Slugger he also was 1st saw by Tsukiko ( the 1st victim or the creator of both little slugger and Maromi ) and she was the 1st to draw him lets not forget that all you need is drawing to play with your imagination and the that spreads to rumor and then paranoia

that's paranoia agent ( one person with imagination and paranoia can inject ideas in reality )

but yes the creator of this anime Satoshi Kon was a genius he knows how imagination and paranoia can change one or any person and understands how media works and is the best way to spread that mess imagination to a large group
Sep 6, 2013 6:15 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah I didn't really care about this episode.
But I've learned something new, so it's not so bad in the end
Oct 8, 2013 9:01 PM
Mar 2013
While I didn't care that much for the episode, it shows insight into the world with Little Slugger. Little Slugger is able to wipe out a whole anime crew while the main character doesn't even see the cops once. I think that this episode shows how commonplace Little Slugger has become.
Aug 23, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2012
Damn I would've fired such a fool a long time already I mean come on so many mistakes in such a business? Pretty weird episode in general though.
Sep 13, 2014 1:55 AM

Feb 2014
this episode connected with last episode (9) right ?

>the housewife's husband got hit by shounen-bat, then explained in episode 10 that the script writer is hospitalized. It's supposed to be him right ? :/
Sep 13, 2014 10:38 PM

Nov 2012
I actually really liked this episode,though it was quite frightening.

"The one who laughs in the end is me."
Sep 16, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
Interesting episode.
The whole idea of how they're making a short about rest, and yet they're stressing and killing themselves over getting it done. Also parallel to Oda Nobunaga, with the name of the dude, and also Saru. He annoyed me badly in the end, I think that's what the anime wanted us to feel.

I do want to get back to the main story as well, though. This episode annoyed me slightly. Perhaps it provided context for the whole fandom of Maromi, but it wasn't substantial enough for me. In episode 9, we saw how the myth of Shounen Bat permeated society, which was really cool. Even episode 8 was pretty enjoyable with its morbid humor.
I just didn't like this one though, tbh. I hope the next three are better.
Mar 22, 2015 5:15 PM

Mar 2011
This episode was horribly boring... I want more of the actual plot please.
Apr 24, 2015 3:36 PM

Dec 2013
N09A said:

Stop crying because you're confused and let the series play out. If you still don't get it, Re-watch the episodes that confused you.. This shows really easy to understand a second time around, but it never gets old..

People got better things to do than watching a show they don't like twice.
Jun 17, 2015 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
Although the MC of this episode was annoying an completely incompetent the episode as a whole was incredibly well made. The way it was edited in particular, they did a fantastic job of showcasing flashbacks through each sleep cycle and revealing that the majority of the staff working on the anime had been killed. In particular I really liked the scenes that broke the 4th wall a bit with the characters making an anime within an anime with basically a young shonen bat boy and the main visual motif of the stuffed animal comforting him. My only gripe was with how incompetent the main guy is, there's no way he would not be fired past the first few mistakes, especially with how little power he had and how little he contributed. I actually thought he might of been Shounen Bat early on, kinda looked like him, but of course that wouldn't make sense due to the fact that Shounen Bat exists in his world and that he took on the form of the copy cat(presumably). Still a cool episode with a lot of intense moments and dark humor which I enjoy.

- As a side note, interesting to see people don't like these last few episodes. To me these are some of the best of the series. Made me bump up the show to an 8 from a 6. It's getting much weirder and a lot funnier and unique to me in these last few episodes where I felt it kinda overstayed it's welcome with certain things originally(took itself very seriously, too much time on unlikable characters, etc).
PANDEMlCJun 17, 2015 10:36 PM
Jun 24, 2015 12:23 PM

Oct 2014
WTF did I just watch?
Also
aero said:
Why are we getting more and more episodes that have nothing to do with the actual story?
Oct 2, 2015 8:34 AM
Sep 2015
I have no clue why so many people seem to dislike this episode
In my mind this is one of the best episodes so far (I'm not finished yet, still 3 to go)
It supports my theory (which may or may not turn out to be right) that shonen bat never existed and, at least in this episode, is an allegory for suicide.
This episode in my mind was an amazing criticism of a society that doesn't give a damn about your wellbeing as long as you get work done to the point of them taking the tapes out of the hands of their dead coworkers and not giving a damn as long as the work is finished. Being in a similiar situation right now, under a lot of pressure that sometimes just feels crushing, the ending scene where they showed the cartoon from the beginning again, where it felt silly, brought me to actual tears.
This episode and the filler episode about the three online friends alone elevate this anime to a masterpiece for me, even if they don't bother explaining anything in the end. I can respect them leaving you to take your own conclusions away instead of spelling it out for you.
Oct 8, 2015 4:41 AM

Jun 2013
I legitimately thought they were about to go full ep 25 & 26 Eva on us with that opening scene.
Oct 11, 2015 4:02 PM
Jun 2013
this series had a great start and chance to be really incredible but with the last 2-3 episodes I almost feel like it's been wasted.
Oct 12, 2015 2:46 AM
May 2012
The only thing I don't understand is the old guy's blabbering at the end of every episodes.
Jan 7, 2016 1:19 PM

May 2015
Another episode that has nothing to do with the main plot. Granted, it was decent, plenty messed up, and the theme song insertion was kind of hilarious. Regardless, these irrelevant episodes and separation with the main plot are extremely annoying, and have thus far dropped this anime from an 8 to a 6 for me.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arashi89 - Aug 7, 2009

90 by pennyisirl »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

katsup - Apr 3, 2008

215 by mbarseru »»
Mar 21, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arashi89 - Aug 7, 2009

68 by LithiumHead9 »»
Mar 6, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LibreKoi - May 24, 2009

63 by lkj509 »»
Feb 7, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LibreKoi - May 24, 2009

62 by lkj509 »»
Feb 7, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.