Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2014 4:01 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, the first episode was decent.
Not the best first episode but it was cute and introduced all of the characters.

Including Cure Fortune and her Fairy.

Let me clarify "decent" - I MEAN FREAKING GOOD.
Sorry, my words for describing things suck sometimes.
KawaiiSlowpokeFeb 1, 2014 4:08 PM
Feb 1, 2014 4:03 PM

Mar 2012
THAT WAS SO GOOD.

It's nice to finally be able to enjoy a Precure show again. Can't wait for episode 2.
Feb 1, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2008
This was so freaking good!! My fucking GOD, was this good.
It's HearCatch 2.0, and I'm loving every second of it.
The animation is very fluid, Megumi is just as nice as Mana, but without all the stats maxed out. Hime is basically Erika, and thank God for that.

And HOLY SHIT GUYS!!! The monsters cause PERMANENT DAMAGE TO THE SURROUNDINGS! Things do not get auto-fixed at the end of battle, what was corrupted stays corrupted.
Feb 1, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2012
It was actually pretty good.
I'm just sorta bummed that we get all Four of the Precures super fast. @.@

Cure Honey will probably pop up next episode or episode 3.
I didn't watch the PV
Feb 1, 2014 5:59 PM
Jun 2012
Thought it was awesome, loved the animation and characters, sadly I still haven't finished the rest of the pre-cures so not sure if I'm missing anything T__T
Feb 1, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2008
DmonHiro said:
This was so freaking good!! My fucking GOD, was this good.
It's HearCatch 2.0, and I'm loving every second of it.
The animation is very fluid, Megumi is just as nice as Mana, but without all the stats maxed out. Hime is basically Erika, and thank God for that.

And HOLY SHIT GUYS!!! The monsters cause PERMANENT DAMAGE TO THE SURROUNDINGS! Things do not get auto-fixed at the end of battle, what was corrupted stays corrupted.

Oh wow this better be accurate. A Precure as good as HeartCatch? I'm getting excited.
Feb 1, 2014 7:46 PM
Feb 2013
Is there any group that'll be subbing this?
Feb 1, 2014 8:11 PM
Apr 2010
DmonHiro said:

Doesn't look like it. After Fortune "purified" the Saiark the bridge returned to normal.

nagatoyuki108 said:
Is there any group that'll be subbing this?

Yep, we're going to sub HapinessCharge.
Ojamajo Doremi Fan & QC/Editor @ Doremi-fansubs & Honobono
Feb 1, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2012
Heartcatch's spiritual successor, in the words of one of my friends.
Feb 2, 2014 12:37 AM

Jan 2008
rctgamer3 said:
Doesn't look like it. After Fortune "purified" the Saiark the bridge returned to normal.

But the rest of the town still had many corrupted parts. They showed some of the damage when Megumi was walking to school. Maybe there's a time limit. If you don't defeat the monster fast enough, the damage is permanent.
Feb 2, 2014 1:54 AM

Sep 2012
Finally !

They're making another season like Heartcatch ! Yay !
Feb 2, 2014 2:11 AM

Nov 2008
So far it's looking good, hopefully it stays that way! I mean it, it's looking really good, truly!

The characters look good, Megumi and Himelda are like remixed versions of Tsubomi and Erika but not quite, Yuuko was okay for what little we saw of her and Fortune is AWESOME, not just for the way she saved Princess but because she SCOLDED HER, looks interesting! Poor Himelda not being able to win fights despite having Pegasus Ryuuseiken, and also sucks Fortune's fairy is called glasses but Fortune's real form doesn't weak them. Also I like how the Saiaaku sport Kamina-esque glasses, and Queen Mirage looks like an awesome sadistic villainess with a potential sad story since she cries in the OP. The only real flaw is the transformations, while cool, are long; I guess the shared one from the preview will fix this somewhat, but still.

Oh, and almost forgot the best part: After a million years the ending is NOT all Cures dancing in a stage, about freaking time! Yes, they got rid of the dancing stage ED in a season about dancing, that's Toei for you.
Feb 2, 2014 2:12 AM

Jul 2008
I like how it started en media res (kind of). Precure are already doing things and well established in the town.

I like how the Precure are known by the townspeople as heroes. In Smile, Suite, and DokiDoki the townspeople never really brought them up. Or they referred to them as strange heros or something.

I like how the terribads (lol) do leave marks as they invade. On the way to school, there were buildings covered in damage/corruption/whatever. Those might stay there until the specific terribad is defeated? Maybe the person that was captured stays comatose too.

I am digging the transformation sequence. Cure Princess was so cute ughh. She even has a little crown!

The Princess Ball fail was so funny.

I appreciated all of the outfit changes in the ED, but the CG looked different (I don't necessarily want to say not up to par) with recent seasons' EDs.

I like the vibe this is giving off so far. Hope it doesn't end up sucking.

I liked the animation style a lot. It feels old school, and fitting for a 10th anniversary.

I love Hime. I like the "bad at being a precure" precures.
Feb 2, 2014 2:23 AM

Oct 2011
Best part was hearing Cure Black at the begining :D

Unfortunatelly it looks similar to HeartCatch - Fortune is already as irritating as Moonlight. Everyone seems to know about Precure (that part is fine) and was I mistaken or one kind of corruption was some kind of sweets building?
But taking aside my dislike for that particular series...

Hime isn't like Erika IMO, she is rather too energetic but unlike her predecessor she is incompetent and selfish. Which is rather good idea, too bad there will be some kind of development :P
Megumi, she is nice and kind. Not Mana for sure, she has some flaws and acts rather silly.
So in a way it might be reversed HeartCatch team - Orange girls will be the normal one it seems.

Even if I often skip transformations it looked well but it was way too long. Somehow slow too (HCP was way more dynamic).
OP is generic one, ED despite great CGI is forgettable. As always quietly hoping they will change it to Ganbalance de Dance later :P

Decent start I can say but than DokiDoki had similar one before going down.
Dalek-bakaFeb 9, 2014 3:17 AM
Feb 2, 2014 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome episode. Megumi is the coolest.
Feb 2, 2014 6:52 AM

Feb 2011
My hype for this Precure paid off! I liked pretty much everything about it and is an incredible improvement over DokiDoki. I am so glad I started watching Precure again.

The faces Cure Princess makes are priceless.

Cure Lovely is just as lovely as her name is, she's adorable.

The transformations too were just great to look at. Really cute and creative.

The opening theme is fun and catchy and the ending theme is ok, but it might grow on me. Also the OST improved over DokiDoki's, which had a very lame OST. Not quite Yasuharu's level of awesome music, but still enjoyable.

If this is really as similiar to Heartcatch like people say it is, then I simply have to see Heartcatch after finishing Suite.
morshuwarriorFeb 2, 2014 7:25 AM
Feb 2, 2014 7:08 AM

Aug 2007
I came into this with low expectations, but I really enjoyed this episode. I hope they can keep this up its been a while since I was excited for the next episode.

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 2, 2014 8:00 AM

Jul 2010
Out of impulse, I finally got to watch the first episode.

Pros:
-God, I'm SO glad they didn't play up Hime's brattiness. It came off more like venting than being a brat, which, for a girl in her position, I can totally understand. I have those days too, and I tend to act like that too.
-I'm quite pleasantly surprised by Cure Fortune's attitude. But I find it refreshing, as it might create some well needed tension when she actually joins the group.
-Is it just me, or does the Phantom Empire look like Candyland?
-I love how genre savvy everybody is and the fact that even normal people know about Pretty Cure now.
-Megumi seems like a sweet character. I'd like to see more of her.
-The voice acting is quite subdued so far. Other than Hime, nobody sounds squeaky or overly moe.
-The transformation scenes are very gorgeous and well animated!
-I LOVE Glasan so far! Her voice sounds cool!

Cons:
-The art style looks really cloudy and cartoony, and the exaggerated facial expressions don't seem to sit well with me for some reason. It worked in Heartcatch though. Maybe it'll grow on me.
-Some of the character designs bother me too. Why does Queen Mirage look like a combination of Regina and a bug type Pokemon? And why does her outfit look really round and childish? For a queen, you'd think she'd look more regal and elegant and threatening a la Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.
-Ribbon is kind of annoying so far. But to be fair, I like how she's a bit more competent than Hime.
-The mascots SNEEZE in order for the PreCards to come out? That's new. But why does the whole process look a LOT like the Heart Seed making from Heartcatch? I know they share the same director and all, but can't you come up with your own ideas instead of ripping off from other parts of the franchise?
-I didn't like the whole "Master" thing with Megumi and Hime. Better yet, I don't like how some of the conversations were handled. They don't seem like things real kids their age would talk about. Splash Star handled that aspect great.

I'll watch more to see what it's like. It's plain but good so far.
Feb 2, 2014 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
first episode is kinda ehh. Not really liking the Heartcatch vibes, from the focus on fighting to the facial animations. At least the art style is better though.

Feb 2, 2014 10:07 AM

Jan 2012
Firechick12012 said:

-Some of the character designs bother me too. Why does Queen Mirage look like a combination of Regina and a bug type Pokemon? And why does her outfit look really round and childish? For a queen, you'd think she'd look more regal and elegant and threatening a la Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.

Maybe that has to do with the story? You never know :)
So we can only stick around to watch more.
I mean it does look like something happens since it shows a girl with dark blue hair crying and then it panels over to Queen Mirage crying with Blue in the background.
Feb 2, 2014 10:23 AM
May 2013
Firechick12012 said:
Out of impulse, I finally got to watch the first episode.

Cons:
-The art style looks really cloudy and cartoony, and the exaggerated facial expressions don't seem to sit well with me for some reason. It worked in Heartcatch though. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Well its an 10th aniversity anime, and cause of this the use a modernized variant of the older ones.
Feb 2, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2008
To be honest I'm not digging the art-style either but it looked quite okay in episode (I watched OP first), so I will probably get accustomed to it quickly.
Too bad whole budget went into ending: first episode was pretty underwhelming in graphics territory.

But gooooosh, it has so much energy :D Girls are simply charming, safe for Fortune who seems to be the Annoying Badass (opposed to simply Badass), who can whoop some ass just fine but fails in normal communication, in turn yelling at everybody she disagrees with. I get it, girl, I would probably diss Princess too, but really, this is not playground, act your age. Hope it's just bad first impression.
I like the snarky mascot and Blue is such a playa :D I will have plenty of fun with this one :D
Feb 2, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2012
Yep, This show is quickly turning out to be a blend of Heartcatch and Smile, my two most favorite seasons. The opening is just pure hot-blooded adorableness in a constantly catchy little tune, but the ending... not so much, which is dissapointing to me. Megumi already reminds me of Miyuki + Yayoi, and I can alredy see Hime being a combination of Erika + Ayumi.

I'm also in the agreement that Cure Fortune was awesome, but damn did she berate the hell out of Hime. It makes me wonder if Fortune has some kind of deep-seated issue like Moonlight and Sword did (noticed the pattern here?).

The soundtrack feels like it has been greatly improved from Doki Doki. It's catchier, more distinct, more fitting, and has listening value outside the show from what I've heard so far. Overall, I'm glad to have started this show, but I'm also on the lookout for Megumi becomming the next Mana Sue which I hope doesn't happen. One pink stain on this franchise is one too many.
Feb 2, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2008
Firechick12012 said:

The mascots SNEEZE in order for the PreCards to come out? That's new. But why does the whole process look a LOT like the Heart Seed making from Heartcatch? I know they share the same director and all, but can't you come up with your own ideas instead of ripping off from other parts of the franchise?

I only started watching Precure from Heartcatch, but by Smile it already felt like the same themes and plot points were being retread over and over again with a new coat of paint. I think it is kind of unrealistic to think Precure can pull of an original story 10 years in unless they do something to change the basic formula.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
I'm also in the agreement that Cure Fortune was awesome, but damn did she berate the hell out of Hime. It makes me wonder if Fortune has some kind of deep-seated issue like Moonlight and Sword did (noticed the pattern here?).

Personally, I don't think Sword had a "deep seated issue". There was just a few episodes of drama because she didn't think Mana was taking saving the Trump Kingdom seriously and she felt bad about not finding the princess. In HeartCatch,
Gar_LoganFeb 2, 2014 12:29 PM
Feb 2, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
Definitely gave off a Heartcatch feel, but I wouldn't compare the two all too quickly.

All I can really say is that this is REALLY FREAKING CUTE. And Hime has machine guns as an attack? Badass.

Megumi is already a better character than Mana seeing as she exhibits more natural helpfulness towards people instead of having it shoved in our face how helpful and perfect she is.

Are we getting dual transformations back too according to the preview? I sure as heck hope so.
Feb 2, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
Firechick12012 said:
-The mascots SNEEZE in order for the PreCards to come out? That's new. But why does the whole process look a LOT like the Heart Seed making from Heartcatch? I know they share the same director and all, but can't you come up with your own ideas instead of ripping off from other parts of the franchise?
Well last 3 seasons were like this:
- Smile took from Yes5/GoGo
- DokiDoki from Fresh (parts that weren't good)
and now we have this and HeartCatch. Nothing new and there is limit to creativity (or they just like to use what once worked and new group of viewers might not remember it).
Plus at least they are sneezing, not pooping that stuff. This is improvement.
Firechick12012 said:
-I didn't like the whole "Master" thing with Megumi and Hime. Better yet, I don't like how some of the conversations were handled. They don't seem like things real kids their age would talk about. Splash Star handled that aspect great.
Splash Star is best Precure series so no wonder they did this thing so well (as well as fact that Saki and Mai would become great friends with or without becoming Precure).
But than Hime seems to be out of touch with reality so she doesn't know how to talk normaly - or that she is dumb.
Feb 2, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2008
Dalek-baka said:

and now we have this and HeartCatch. Nothing new and there is limit to creativity (or they just like to use what once worked and new group of viewers might not remember it).
Plus at least they are sneezing, not pooping that stuff. This is improvement.

Based on the target audience though, they probably don't expect the same little girls to watch every precure from Splash Star to HeartCatch to Happiness Charge. The kids probably don't care about re-used plot elements as much as 20+ year old male viewers who want more out of the story lol.
Feb 2, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2010
I really enjoyed this. I also quite enjoy the fact that their outfits sport black, a color we haven't really seen, well, since Cure Black.

I didn't mind the more cartoony art, it was a surprise though seeing as they ramped up the art after Heartcatch (not that Heartcatch's was bad, it just had the same feel). My only problem with the art is Megumi's mouth! Everyone else looked fine, Megumi, though? Her mouth looked wrong the ENTIRE time. It looked out of place and wrong and she's the main character!

Also, I quite enjoyed the interactions between Princess and Fortune. I hope they manage to make this season's story better (like with Heartcatch). I'm all for reusing beginning plot devices if they can give it a great storyline in the end that is at least a little different than the season it is copying.
Feb 2, 2014 2:29 PM

Jun 2011
The ending made me cry rainbows somewhere during the 30th or 40th replay.
Whatever, fabolous start.
Feb 2, 2014 2:54 PM

Nov 2008
I really enjoyed that.
Feb 2, 2014 3:19 PM
Mar 2012
Oh yes, another Precure series~ Looking forward to the next episode
Feb 2, 2014 5:06 PM

Jan 2012
I loved Heartcatch and all, but it had BORING fillers.

I pray this season doesn't have boring fillers.
Feb 2, 2014 5:26 PM

Apr 2012
GarLogan78 said:

aNinjaWithAIDS said:

Personally, I don't think Sword had a "deep seated issue". There was just a few episodes of drama because she didn't think Mana was taking saving the Trump Kingdom seriously and she felt bad about not finding the princess. In HeartCatch,

Who knows what about Fortune at this point. I was just making a guess/theory about her from my previous experience with the franchise. Yes, Sword's drama was very downplayed, but watching a personally major role model sacrifice herself is still a huge hit to the ego no matter who you are, somthing very similar to what Moonlight went through. I've said my piece about this, I just want to talk about Happiness Charge from now on, but I will make my comparissons to earlier seasons as well.
Feb 2, 2014 6:44 PM

May 2008
This is my first foray into Precure and I don't know how I feel about it. Hime reminded me a LOT of Usagi from Sailor Moon and since Toei are meant to be working on that... Maybe this is an indication of things to come? (Silly faces in Sailor Moon were awesome).
Feb 2, 2014 9:32 PM

Aug 2011
I've been meaning to get into the Precure TV series after seeing and loving the movies where all the girls came together. Sure, I didn't understand references, but they were so much fun that I was desperate for more. And then, HappinessCharge comes along!

I adored the first episode, and Hime immediately stole my heart (no pun intended). I'm really looking forward to the next episode! Until then, I'm going to spam watch all that I can of the previous Precures!
Feb 2, 2014 9:39 PM

Apr 2012
SlaughterChichi said:
This is my first foray into Precure and I don't know how I feel about it. Hime reminded me a LOT of Usagi from Sailor Moon and since Toei are meant to be working on that... Maybe this is an indication of things to come? (Silly faces in Sailor Moon were awesome).

Before you continue watching this show, watch the others. Happiness Charge, to me, is primarily aimed people who have already become fans, so the effect will be so much greater once you have already done so. I don't mean this to be offensive, I'm just trying to help you get the most from this show.

The rest of the fandom will probably tell you to stop, then go watch Heartcatch, Fresh, the original Futari wa Precure series + Max Heart, and Splash Star before you watch Happiness. I'll throw in Smile as well since I also see many similarites there.

TLDR version: Go back, expierience the franchise's past series, then come back to Happiness for the full treatment. You'll miss out on epic feels otherwise.
Feb 3, 2014 1:52 AM

May 2011
It gives off a really Heartcatch feel (yay!!), loved the animation and characters, the OP and ED are nicely done, very energetic. Anyway, absolutely loved the first episode and very much looking forward to episode 2!
Feb 4, 2014 6:16 PM

Mar 2009
Amazing start!! Home and Megumi are Fantastic!!

I haven't watched a new PreCure since Suite, and this already seems way better. I haven't seen Heartcatch, so I don't know about any similarities. I've been slowly watching from the first series, but have only got a little way through Max Heart.

I love the character designs/animation. I like how they softened it up, and gave it an older feel. Kind of like a mix between Ghibli and Gundam, lol if that makes any sense.

The fighting is so much more fluid and badass. Can't wait to see some more of their attacks.

Will definitely be keeping up with this one this year!

5/5

Urahara Out!!
Feb 5, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it really give the Heartcatch vibe

I wonder if they will focus on two girls first before introducing the third one way later on.

I like how Precure and the monsters are common knowledge now.

Fortune is scary.

Feb 7, 2014 3:53 AM

Sep 2012
Urgh. I don't know. Don't care for it much so far. Megumi seems like another Mana and no one is complaining about that?

Fortune reminds me of Sword. Not sure of this other one people are talking about.

I've kinda only liked Hime so far. How she just randomly threw that object was ... well. Different? I liked it.

I did like seeing Cure Black in the episode. That just made me want to watch the earlier shows more. I am definitely liking Splash Star more than this.

Also I think I will like most of the attacks from Smile Precure the most. As well as some of the music.
RPGX_OmegaFeb 7, 2014 4:04 AM
Feb 7, 2014 3:58 AM

Mar 2012
RPGX_Omega said:
Megumi seems like another Mana and no one is complaining about that?
Megumi seems to have a little something called 'flaws'. Which, in the long run, means she's going to turn out to be completely different. For the better of course.
Feb 7, 2014 11:20 PM

Mar 2008
The ending looks absolutely hideous, I had to skip over it.
I don't know but there's something...weird about the character art style/colouring. I really don't like how they colour their hair, it looks so weird x.x
Other than that, the episode itself was fine I guess. Hime has the potential to undergo some character development, which I strongly hope she does otherwise I might not be able to continue watching (I felt like punching her several times ~-~).
Feb 8, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2007
Finally I sae the first episode of Happiness charge. And I'll say this: If Smile has elements from tes pre cure 5, Happiness charge has elements from Heartcatch. the villain of the episode resemble Cobraja and both Lovely and princess are like Bloosom and Marine (in design basically)
Feb 9, 2014 11:33 PM

Nov 2008
RPGX_Omega said:
Urgh. I don't know. Don't care for it much so far. Megumi seems like another Mana and no one is complaining about that?

Despite my fears, so far they seem different:

Mana: Here, I'll do your job for you and everyone praises me for that broken moral because I be Mana.

Megumi: I like helping people and AAAAH! I tripped...

Yeah.
Feb 10, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2008
We've passed the point where people can just look at the series for what it is. Almost all the posts are just comparing it to previous Precure series. Not only do I think it is way too early to do so (there are only two episodes out, who knows what could happen), but I think it takes away from the enjoyment of the series to just be like "this girl is a Mana clone" and "oh this looks like some sort of meld of Smile and Heartcatch". Drawing comparisons is fine, but it seems like everyone is just already judging this series based on connections they are making to previous Precures.
Feb 12, 2014 8:02 PM

Oct 2008
Only real beef I have with this series is that they cut corners on Cure Lovely's transformation. Her movements are very simple, they too many static shots and combined them with very close close-ups (for example when she puts her hair and feet ribbons) and reduced the frames on certain parts (this is more obvious when she gets the wing ribbons and bag). Compared to that, Cure Princess' transformation is so dynamic and full of movement with many frames and cute movements, they went all out with it.

If I knew they were gonna fix it, I would have no problems, but once it's out, it's out (a testament to that is Cure Lemonade's messed-up hand). From the whole series that's the only thing they'll reuse for movies, so for me it's even doubly annoying when they go cheap on the transformations.

Another beef is that I think the character designs and Cure uniforms look too generic (Lovely's hair really doesn't change besides getting longer and a slightly color, unlike Cure Princess who looks great in her transformation when she gets her pigtails) but then again that's just my own preference.

One thing that I'd like them to change already. Precure so far has either a 5 team girl or a pink/blue team + yellow and violet, and they use the second option way too much (there's only two 5 team Cures). I'd like them to change this a bit and use other colors, at least for the secondary Cures.

So far I'm liking it though, it's nice to see that the blue Precure comes before the pink one, seeing the actual 'damage' the Terribads leave unless they defeat them (from the first ep we can assume there are quite a few and for so long people treat it as something normal, wtf). I hope they put a bit more effort with the story this time, they went awfully simplistic the last two seasons.
Feb 14, 2014 1:14 AM

May 2012
Yakuri said:
Only real beef I have with this series is that they cut corners on Cure Lovely's transformation. Her movements are very simple, they too many static shots and combined them with very close close-ups (for example when she puts her hair and feet ribbons) and reduced the frames on certain parts (this is more obvious when she gets the wing ribbons and bag). Compared to that, Cure Princess' transformation is so dynamic and full of movement with many frames and cute movements, they went all out with it.

Actually, Cure Lovely is a tribute to classic magical girl transformation. It was simple, but rather refreshing to see.
Feb 15, 2014 2:50 PM

Aug 2011
Oh my god, Cure Hime is instant favourite! Her performance and her fairy had me laughing throughout the whole episode. I even love the types of faces they pull when reacting to something and I'm glad there was a lot of that in this episode. Happy to hear a recent voice I'm familiar with as Cure Fortune as well.

All in all, I'm happily surprised by this ep. It felt like Precure has gone back to being more fun and lighthearted, with jokes at every turn. Love the art style of the characters and their transformations. A really promising start in my eyes, I hope this continues.
Feb 16, 2014 4:58 AM

Sep 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Despite my fears, so far they seem different:

Mana: Here, I'll do your job for you and everyone praises me for that broken moral because I be Mana.

Megumi: I like helping people and AAAAH! I tripped...

Yeah.

Well. Still a bit of a copy just [insert difference here so not be a clone]. I thought she was going to be a descendant or something at first. But ya the shows don't combine like that except All Stars series... and only to a point at that.

Yakuri said:
seeing the actual 'damage' the Terribads leave unless they defeat them (from the first ep we can assume there are quite a few and for so long people treat it as something normal, wtf).

Ya. I thought they were carrying the idea of DokiDoki's ending over into this show. Haven't seen the newer episodes yet.
Feb 17, 2014 6:45 PM

Oct 2008
I think it's kinda hard for the Precure writers to keep the girls all different and varied considering there are 10 seasons now and they need to keep it as small kiddie friendly as possible. They struggle but can't deviate from certain personalities when they're so limited.

sentience said:
Actually, Cure Lovely is a tribute to classic magical girl transformation. It was simple, but rather refreshing to see.

I'm not talking about the style per se, but the cut corners in the animation production, which has nothing to do with whether it's a tribute or not. I'd have no beef if that was the case, but it's definitely not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 42 Discussion

NV2301 - Dec 2, 2014

10 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 10 Discussion

danz - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 36 Discussion

SamyAino - Oct 12, 2014

9 by Atsunome »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 13, 2014

19 by Atsunome »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 7 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 16, 2014

30 by Atsunome »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.