Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2007 11:16 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Last episode of Idolmaster and I loved it.
Nov 12, 2007 12:23 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
You sure got your file early. o_O;;

Was a good episode, but I'm a tiny bit disappointed. I expected the final bang to be a little different and there wasn't much info about the characters' lives after it was all over. There were a lot of episode I enjoyed though, so my final rating is an 8.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 12, 2007 3:07 PM

Aug 2007
I had the file downloading since lunch (around 13:00 Gmt Time) but only had time to watch it now.

Was a great ending even without a fight. Defenetivly one of the best episodes of the series. Jesus Chryst if it had more drama i think i would start crying xD.

8/10 for enjoyment and some cool plot twists.
Nov 12, 2007 3:22 PM

Jan 2007
I loved this last episode. They closed it well imo, though I think it would've been better if those three actually died. But i'm satisfied.

Overall: 7/10
Nov 12, 2007 3:29 PM

Aug 2007
I actually was convinced that they died (like everyone i think) until the eject scene. I won't say it would make the ending a little bit better but since the last "OMG Good Side again" Plot twist it was would be kinda bad to kill them all. Would be a good ending too for me. Still last seconds made me sad.

StaticNov 12, 2007 3:32 PM
Nov 12, 2007 3:40 PM

Feb 2007
Great series.

Ah, the love between pilot and robot. Beautiful thing. :P
Nov 12, 2007 7:33 PM

Apr 2007
I expected at least 2 deaths when the two idols exploded while providing an opening for Haruka to get through. This episode was a bit of a wash for me. Overall I'd have to rate the show slightly above average at 6/10.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Nov 12, 2007 11:03 PM

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:
I loved this last episode. They closed it well imo, though I think it would've been better if those three actually died. But i'm satisfied.

Overall: 7/10

yeah i would have preferred if they all died...
but the ejection scene was done pretty nice.

Overall i gave this series an 8.
I did give it a 9 at first but i had to compare it with the other series i've also given a 9.

I must say, I was very close to dropping this series but when the opening changed, i gave it another chance and now, I am so glad that i didn't drop this series.
bakaidiotNov 12, 2007 11:37 PM
Nov 13, 2007 4:13 AM

Aug 2007
I had mine on hold for some weeks. Im glad i continued to watch it too :p It isnt a perfect series and the girly episodes at the beginning with some humour were kinda boring. After episode 14 i think (when Turiavita attacks the isle) it won another pace and i won another will to continue watching the anime.

Yes it would be more realistic if they all died but i dont think that would change my rating tbh. I would have prefered that too. But the flow of the anime was going for an happy ending.
Jan 13, 2008 9:11 PM

Oct 2007
Did anyone else notice the Newtype Flash?
Jul 13, 2008 1:19 PM

Mar 2008
Excellent episode. So the IDOLs sacrficed themselves to save the Earth... Everyone is saved, and that's good.

So yeah, the show deserves 8/10, it was really enjoyable after episode 15. The producers saved the show with that great plot.
Mar 16, 2009 12:13 PM

Sep 2008
I really had some doubts for this anime. I'm really glad I decided to continue watching it. I agree that after 14 everything got better. I also agree that it might have been better if the three died, because then, they could be with the iDOLs forever xD
Feb 22, 2010 8:47 PM

Sep 2008
[rage]DARN IT YUKIHO DIDNT DIE![/rage]
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2013 9:46 PM

Nov 2011
LOL, I couldn't take that penguin suit seriously at all.

Anyways, rating this a 5/10. I was expecting some decent music tbh but the ED song were the only parts that interested me. Overall, pretty dull. The mecha fights are okay when it takes itself seriously though.

Character designs also reminds me of Mai-hime in a way so that gave me some nostalgia. Was that a kiss on the robot btw? Cuteee.
Sep 10, 2014 6:27 AM

Aug 2013
And so it ends. I didn't like how everyone even the maintenance people from Tri--- whatever its name is, died while Yukiho the traitor didn't. The power if friendship is too strong I guess. If she was absorbed along with Nubium...yeah it's obvious that I like dislike her so I'm just going to stop here lol.

They shouldn't have gone with the fluffy happy ending. Anyway, it was still pretty enjoyable. Having watched im@s, I just imagined this was a scifi movie/series featuring 765 Pro and it worked great.

7/10
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 7, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2012
Overall?
I'm glad I was along for the ride. This series may be the black sheep of the franchise but that doesn't make it bad.
Also, I love it when the Op starts playing.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 11, 2015 7:39 PM

Jan 2010
"It could have been a lot worse."

That's the best thing I could say about Xenoglossia. Given all I've heard about it, this show's worth seemed to be somewhere between a cow's droppings and the lint that accumulates between your toes after wearing socks all day. What Xenoglossia actually was, however, was a true standalone show, referencing only the character names and the term "iDOLM@STER." I expected references to 765 Pro or a "producer" of some sort, music shoehorned into the mecha battles, and plethora of comedic hijinks clumsily meshed with rushed drama to provide some semblance of a plot.

Well...one of those were present. We did have a quirky comedic start that spiraled into drama, but that was it. There were no references to the main series beyond names and character designs, which allowed Xenoglossia to exist as its own series, rather than a glorified commercial or a cheap cash in. Still, the show wasn't without its problems. The show's very purpose seemed vague until the second half, as character motivations took forever to be defined. The manner of which the Idols functioned still seems ill defined, as the connection between Idol and Master was a huge point in the first half, while by the end, the Idols seemed to function based on plot necessity, despite ongoing quarrels and emotional traumas. The idol theme in of itself impacted very little, as music hardly had a presence in the show. Biorhythm and the "sounds" the Futami sisters weren't really music per say, so it's still a loose connection. I'm also surprised at the lack of interaction between Haruka and Chihaya, though in this universe, they have little to do with each other.

Actually, that brings me to my greatest confusion: why iDOLM@STER? Why couldn't these characters have been new characters unrelated to anything? I'm sure if the characters were replaced by random made-up characters, nothing would have changed. By not referencing the main iDOLM@STER series, it allows Xenoglossia to exist on its own merits, but it then makes the connection meaningless. But, to put this in another way,because Xenoglossia exists on its own merits, you can talk about it as its own series, pointing out its successes and downfalls without bringing the main series into the conversation. A non-fan of The iDOLM@STER could walk into this and get a straightforward mecha show, without having to learn the quirks, history, and nature of the main series. If Xenoglossia did anything right, it was this.

As far as how the show actually fared, it didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It was a fun ride that didn't bring anything new to the table ,except for maybe an all-girls mecha piloting cast that didn't annoy me, unlike Lagrange for example. Characters grew, things were lost and found, and while I don't completely understand why time and space was gonna get screwed sideways, there was a feeling of impending doom, but with a good amount if breather episodes to ease - not dispel - the tension in the air. I'm also surprised the show had the guts to kill off its characters, as I was certain it would go the optimistic, idealistic route. Without saying it was the better route, it did make more sense within the context of Xenoglossia.

So, at the end, Xenoglossia was a competent anime, but not one worth noting. It's far better than what popular opinion had led me to believe, but not enough to recommend anyone to watch. Knowing The iDOLM@STER franchise, this iteration affects me very little, as it makes no attempt to reference the franchise, much less deface. There were ups and downs, repeating the steps of similar anime it followed, contributing only another stepping stone in the path to anime's future.

Also, Makoto surviving did not at all influence my views. Just as a heads up.
Sep 17, 2017 3:06 PM

Oct 2010
When I first heard of this show, I assumed it would have the girls singing to power up their mechs, like the way song is used in-universe in Symphogear or Macross Delta. (Haven't seen AKB0048 yet. I think I saved the best for last.) Apparently Japan doesn't have a show about song-powered mechs? How is that even possible?

I decided to watch this before IM@S (which I'll watch next summer) because reviews made it sound like it would be better that way. I thought it would be much more lighthearted, like Girls und Panzer. Between the lack of singing, and the pervasive depression, angst, and betrayals, it was a disappointing series, but it's an experience I'm glad to have had, in a way similar to Endless Eight.
Oct 10, 2018 6:54 AM

Mar 2016
From what I've been seeing this was originally supposed to be a Mai Otome/Hime thing until somehow the Idolmaster name became attached. This could have just been a cash-grab but care was obviously put into the writing and directing. Overall, this was a pretty solid mecha series, though this last episode wasn't anything super special.

Kind of disappointing that the meteor punching was quickly brushed away when the plot didn't need it anymore.
syncrogazerOct 10, 2018 6:58 AM
Apr 26, 2019 9:08 PM

Jun 2014
Haruka, Iori and Makoto survived! The iDOLs ejected them, although Imber held on to one of Haruka's ribbons to remember her. I teared up a bit at the end. Even Yukiho survived, even though she'll have to deal with a lot of guilt for a while, but Haruka will always accept her as her friend, because that's simply the way Haruka is.

I really enjoyed this. This Anime is definitely underrated, and deserves more praise than the 2011 iDOLM@STER from A-1 Pictures.

Jul 13, 2019 6:01 AM

Nov 2013
What a stupid ending.
Robophiles survived. Yukiho didn't got life sentence for her shit.
But of course Azusa and Chihaya died - who needs them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia Episode 23 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 18, 2007

14 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Oct 20, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia Episode 21 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 2, 2007

8 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Oct 20, 2023 10:34 AM

Poll: » iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia Episode 14 Discussion

Faust721 - Jul 28, 2007

5 by NOWAA »»
Oct 4, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia Episode 17 Discussion

cyruz - Aug 13, 2007

7 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 16, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia Episode 25 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 4, 2007

12 by 28012001 »»
May 16, 2022 9:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.